Fertilizer Plant Explosion in Texas Kills Up to 15, Injures Over 100

TEXT

Almost 20 years after a fire killed 25 children in David Koresh’s Branch Davidian cult in Waco, Texas, a fertilizer plant exploded near Waco, killing up to 15 people and injuring over 160. The plant, in operation since the 1950′s, supplied fertilizer to farms.

A resident sitting in his pickup truck near the plant captured the fire and the horrific explosion on his cell phone. The man’s daughter, who was also in the truck, can be heard screaming in terror.

The explosion occurred as firefighters battled a roaring fire at the plant for over 30 minutes. The blast leveled nearby homes and a school in West, TX, a small farming community with a population of 2,500. Elderly residents of a nearby retirement home were evacuated safely. The shock waves measured 2.1 on the Richter scale, a machine that measures the magnitude of earthquakes.

The blast could be felt 45 miles away. Waco Police Sgt. William Patrick Swanton says firefighters are still unaccounted for. Emergency responders set up triage areas on a football field to treat the injured.

On April 19, 1993, after a 51-day standoff, the ATF and FBI lobbed tear gas canisters into David Koresh’s Branch Davidian compound. The resulting fire consumed the buildings, killing 76, including Koresh, 33. The fire is still referred to as the “Waco massacre.”

On April 19, 1995, Timothy McVeigh, seeking to avenge the Waco massacre, parked a truck packed with fertilizer in front of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. The explosion killed 168 people, including 19 children. The Oklahoma City bombing remained the deadliest terrorist act on American soil until September 11, 2001.

172 Responses to “Fertilizer Plant Explosion in Texas Kills Up to 15, Injures Over 100”

Dymond says:

:cry:

morning y’all

MsB2u says:

THIS IS A SAD STORY I WII KEEP Texas in my prayers

Smonae says:

Good Morning :waves:

Damn :no:

NaijaGal says:

DYMOND’s are a girls best friend :kiss:

MSB, SMONAE :waves:

:waves: Good Morning All

Oprahs Bunion says:

Such tragedy…SMH.

Naija – I left something for you downstairs!!

are we supposed to believe this was a coincidence? :huh:

Dymond
    Smonae
    Naij

:woohoo:

Such tragedy… :pray:

RubenT says:

I live about 4 hours from Waco. I have family in that area and they are OK. Whats crazy is that I also have family in Dallas/Duncanville area and they felt the blast; which is about an hour away.

LSLH says:

That is so incredibly sad.

I was waiting for your report on this Sandra.

Good job. Nice write up and to the point. I’m glad you reminded us of the Waco Massacre.

PumpkinsMama says:

Oy Vey :facepalm:

anw_rootbeer says:

Just have to stay PRAYED up at ALL times!

Thanks Auntie :tea: Now I need a story bout the Kerry Rhodes assistant spilling all the teasssssssssss on him :popcorn: and I do mean all :yes:

Smonae says:

Najia :hugs:

Dymond, MsB & Oprahs B :waves:

Milky says:

@man it seems u want to believe the lies. I was born a woman with a vaj have children. And i would never do anything like that to anyone. they werent even man ir woman enough to address u straight up. FLuck them :cuss:

Apparition says:

Brittany Griner came out.

Just Looking says:

Question – Would any of you ladies date a guy that was fine like a Boris, Kelly, Tony Gonzalez…
    If he told you he had sexual relations with a man, but that was now in his past?
    *Files Niles and waits
    From downstairs
    Hell no , when a man goes to no mans land he will always lust for a man :rules:

MsChavo says:

Too much tragedy going on, too many coincidences surrounding the Waco tragedy, Oklahoma city bombing, and then 20 years later a plant blows up….This an overload of violence.

FROM DOWNSTAIRS:

Pickachu Tran says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Pickachu Tran says:

this makes me SICK cuz Kerry Rhodes is FINE too… that body O THAT BODY!!!
    there is no hope for the present & future
    April 18, 2013 at 10:34 am

There is always hope just seems like there’s not, we just on a different battlefield now

a battlefield of cher wigs, bedazzlers, glitter guns, size 14 pumps, leotards…. with the weather girls “raining men” playin in the background :wail:

Milky says:

@miany thanks ur the only one to stick up for me not even wifey. :hug:

Apparition says:

Brittany Griner came out.
    —————-
    Wasnt it a given anyway :shrugs:

RubenT says:

ALSO, in my hometown, Beaumont TX, we had a Exxon/Mobil chemical plant fire/explosion which BADLY burned about 3 people and injured 12. No Casualties thank GOD.

Anna says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

are we supposed to believe this was a coincidence? :huh:
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Always a diversion of what’s really going on.

@APPARATION
    “Brittany Griner came out.”

She thought she was in the closet? :blink:

Oprahs Bunion says:

:hug: @ Smonae

Picka :yes: crazy battlefield

jeniefrumdabloc says:

*Files Niles and waits

________________________

NO. Once u fukk a man their is NO GOING BAKK…none whatsoever.. i dont care how much u say u over it…

DANCER :hug:

BUNION – see #231 in the downstairs post :tea:

Milky says:

@miany thanks ur the only one to stick up for me not even wifey.
    ———————-
    Its not a joke?? :blink:

that_VA_thickchick says:

Pickachu Tran says:

:dead:

@MILKY
    ” it seems u want to believe the lies. I was born a woman with a vaj have children. And i would never do anything like that to anyone. they werent even man ir woman enough to address u straight up. FLuck them”

Yeah… they said they was friends with you and everything but they felt what you was doin was wrong.

But um yeah. Lot of chit goin on these days… Don’t you pay them no mind. In the end your actions speak louder than anyone’s words.

Oprahs Bunion says:

I’m bringing this up here – How would you all respond if someone asked you to take an at home HIV test in front of them before getting down?

PumpkinsMama says:

From Downstairs to answer Just’s question:

@ Just hell to the No b/c you are no longer by definition a “straight” man. And I have no desire to date anything other than someone that classifies themselves as straight :nono:

*Files Niles and waits
    My brother said a chic, told him a story about this guy she met. He said hold asked for check and left her arse in restaurant.

:facepalm:

WOMAN

Diva says:

This gives me the sads!!! Praying for those people!!!!
    :wave: Dymond
    Smonae
    Anna

that_VA_thickchick says:

APPARATION
    “Brittany Griner came out.”
    ________
    Who?

Diva says:

Milky says:

@miany thanks ur the only one to stick up for me not even wifey.
    ———————-
    Its not a joke??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come again Wifey!!!! I didn’t stick up for you…I call bullshyt…oh yes I did

Oprahs Bunion says:

@Naijagal! :lick: I :heart: your kisses! *slaps yo ass*

VDot says:

______________________________

I’d do it. And I hope we are both taking it. I know my status. And even if we’re both negative, we’re still using a rubber :coffee:

Now if I didn’t know my status, please believe i would delay and find it out before doing the test in front of them.

Oprahs Bunion says:

Would say sure, because I would have already have asked them to go to doctors office before we even got to that point. It’s alot of chit I joke around about, but What pays my car note and mortage ain’t one of them. :kona:

PumpkinsMama says:

Dymond says:

:kiss: Naija :hug: hey lovely
    :yahoo: hey dancer n smonae

yesssss the tea on Kerry…heard his ex assistants/ex boyfriends side…not trying to be all in Kerry’s sexuality but this mess is entertaining :gossip:

NaijaGal says:

Brittany Griner came out.
    ======================
    like she had a choice but to be a butch…shoot the WNBA players need to announce when they’re straight

Smonae says:

MsChavo

And Anyone I missed GM :waves:

:yes:

that_VA_thickchick says:

Oprahs Bunion says:

_________
    I wouldn’t be offended. I’d say let’s take them together. So we will know each others’ status. Then STILL make him wear a condom.

VDot says:

________________________

I don’t like pretty boyz anyway, and think they’re gay so they get a no without their gay past anyway. And what Kelly are you referencing? I KNOW you don’t mean R. Kelly :eek: because that ninja looks like a flying monkey.

Oprahs Bunion says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@MILKY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I miss?

——————-
    soooooo Is this the same mindframe if a woman munches carpets??

Just Looking says:

Griner is damn near 7 feet, most men ARE not attracted to giant women. She has looked like a boy since middle school

@NAIJA
    “Brittany Griner came out.
    ======================

Chit any chick that play basketball need to quit lying. Who they think they foolin?

Smonae says:

Oprahs Bunion says:

Chit people probably need to do anyway, that monsta real out here

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Ok :thumbsup: but you better have two of em :nono: and I’m still passing you a damn rubber

Smonae :waves: Hey Now :happy:

Dymond says:

Divurrrr!! :grill: supppp??

is there e-ship drama? :popcorn: continue

@DANCER
    “NO. Once u fukk a man their is NO GOING BAKK…none whatsoever.. i dont care how much u say u over it
    ——————-
    soooooo Is this the same mindframe if a woman munches carpets??

______

No. It’s completely normal for women to be attracted to women. Any sort of familiarity with women would bare this out.

If that’s not enough, any sort of scientific test has shown the same thing. That’s why lesbians are pretty much accepted.

——————–
    :dead: :ghost: annnnnddd :cosign: at the same damn time!!

NaijaGal says:

soooooo Is this the same mindframe if a woman munches carpets??
    =======================
    :tea:

VDot says:

Kerry Rhodes wifey:

“They said ‘Well maybe [Rhodes] loved him like a little brother.’ Listen, if he loved me like a little brother, he f#cked me like a wife! and that’s just me being real with you.”

San says:

———————-
    :lol: Like I said spend more time getting dressed than me :huh:

Oprahs Bunion says:

VDot says:

______________________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I agree. I know my status and I have no problem taking one in front of him either. ALWAYS USING CONDOMS REGARDLESS!!

OMG
    How
    SCARY!
    that poor child was terrified!
    SMH!!

that_VA_thickchick says:

*singing continues from downstairs*

Have I told you
    there’s no one else above you?
    :whistle:

PumpkinsMama says:

@ Ofrah, I would take the damn test, but like V-Dot said (and very honestly I might add). I would already know the answer before hand so I aint lookin like boo boo the fool

Just Looking says:

In the past when I was dating, when I’ve asked some men to go to clinic they would not call me back. One guy said I was whack, and he would wear a condom.

Smokey aka Mista obliged…We still used a condom for a while, cause I wasn’t sure if he was still out there.

Id be the 1st MoFO to agree2testing . .
    hell i get tested ERRY year and ERRRY time they have the FREE testing ON HIV DAY! :hrrmph :tea:

that_VA_thickchick says:

DANCER
    ——————-
    soooooo Is this the same mindframe if a woman munches carpets??
    Aint met a man yet that had an issue with it. :shrugs:

@NAIJA
    “why in the fcuk do yall try to entertain or prove chit to Man…yall don’t know what this nigguh looks like, even if he’s all male, might be a hermophodite for all you know…heels, 3.5 inches, etc

:wtf:
    Babe, several people have my real name, pics, work email, etc. I ain’t got no reason to lie.

And I don’t wear heels and 3.5 inches is completely normal so what that got to do with a “hermphaak;akjd…” a Ciara? :nono:

Apparition says:

I forgot to add the :sarcasm:

Dymond says:

:rofl: @ VDot whewwww that threw me for all kinds of loops…why do I want to see this reality show

:hug: just lookin :hug:

Having worked with women who find out there are pregnant and have HIV on the same day…Is heartbreaking. :(

JUSTlOOKing i spoke to u yestaday U igged me :mad:

@PUMPKIN
    “@ Man you know things get frequently misconstrued on here. And THIS is the unfortunate part of typing (texting too) you can’t tell the “tone”. Pls tell me the e-mail thing is a joke?

_________

Nope.

dancerbee93 says:

Aint met a man yet that had an issue with it.
    ——————
    so its not true once a muncher always a muncher?? Is it just unspoken?? or forgiven if I like kitten in my mouth and dogs in my hole???

Just Looking says:

Now same question (opposite sex)

Would a man sleep with a women that has had sexual relations with another woman?

Would you wife her?

When the question is asked of women it seems crazy. But when asked of men it seems “normal” :coffee: :facepalm:

@VA
    “soooooo Is this the same mindframe if a woman munches carpets??
    Aint met a man yet that had an issue with it
    _______

It’s normal. :shrugs:

If she say she don’t or ain’t thought about it, you know she’s a liar.

================================
    we’d go to the clinic, not trusting an at home kit…I want to see blood drawn and chit :lol:

Dymond says:

kitten…dogs…

:ghost:

Just Looking says:

@Luvn – I’m sorry babes :hug: :kiss: Sometimes the blog is moving like a Wall Street ticker and I can’t keep up.

Miany says:

@jUSTLOOKING.. It may be wrong but, I don’t want no man that been to no man’s land. Ion care.
    @Oprah’s…I get tested before sex with a new partner. If he got a test at home, guess it’s more convenient for us. We can take the tests but, I still wanna use a condom.

@DANCER
    “Aint met a man yet that had an issue with it.
    ——————

it’s like getting mad your woman has a vibrator. It’s just something women do. It’s only an issue if they do it so much you ain’t gettin none.

otherwise.. :thumbsup:

San says:

Boy the sterotypes and misconceptions :tea:

that_VA_thickchick says:

dancerbee93 says:

Aint met a man yet that had an issue with it.
    ——————
    I don’t think it’s true, once=always when it comes to women, not in all situations. There are so many women that date a woman cause they are TEMPORARILY fed up with men. But if they got hold of a decent man that treated them well they’d stop :lick: with the quickness and never look back.

San says:

Boy the sterotypes and misconceptions
    ——————
    :yes:

San says:

it’s like getting mad your woman has a vibrator. It’s just something women do.
    :ashamed: :lol:

Ciara
    ============
    damn it you’re gonna let Ciara be great :rofl: <====it wasn't not funny

Smonae says:

:hugs: Mainy

:waves: @ Dymond

@VDOT – Meant to say Kerry…since he made the “announcement” he aint’ gay.

San says:

@Man I would love to see you take a women’s studies course

Miany says:

I KNOW A MAN who has an issue with women carpet munching. He doesn’t think it is right. He doesn’t find it attractive. He finds it gay.
    @Najia…If a woman gets with another woman and she likes it….I’m sure she will like it and crave it again. If I were a man, unless I was ok/ turned on with that, I wouldn’t marry her.

Smonae says:

Alls I know is I dont munch on carpet never have, so the ninja I’m with bet not have EVER taken it up tha azz :coffee:

NaijaGal says:

DANCER – when I tell you I hollered…LAWD you ain’t chit for having folks look at me crazy :rofl: :rofl:

dancerbee93 says:

So whats wrong with a man wanting to doggy you and he getting doggy at the same time from a man?? And once he finds a woman that completes him and turns him away from a man?

iAmChan says:

Damn, whats gonna blow up next?

Morning yall. I got on too late to make a list, so um…ain’t nobody got time for that.

Morning my Pumpkin boo!

Miany says:

Ummmm Neither do I.

Just curious how other people felt about. You know I had to start some controversy before I actually did work today.

It was by special request of DIVA. :yes:

=============================
    yeah I agree and dudes put up that front but they know they’re scared ole girl’s gonna go back to the meow mix

Miany says:

Smonae :hug: Good Morning!!! @Dancer :hug: cuz you were very articulate and I liked that.

iAmChan says:

#Wayment……what in the fawk did I walk into…..am I gonna have the opportunity to be shyt today or nahh?

@SAN
    “San says:

@Man I would love to see you take a women’s studies course”

Miany says:

——————
    :thumbsup: I havent met a man that said they would be cool with it either. Its a stereotype.. Why would your man be ok with coming home to you ALWAYS playing scissors with your “best friend?”

dancerbee93 says:

:wtf: :casket: Elizabeth I’m coming home, open the gates. I’m Better than Good with that scenario.

Miany says:

I believe our desires are our desires. When you act on a desire you may realize that it really wasn’t that deep and never go back. I understand that but….I just don’t think I can be that objective when talking to my potential husband… When he says the words “I have had sexual relations with a man……” The rest is kinda white noise

PumpkinsMama says:

GM Chocolate drop! How are you this AM? :kiss: :hug:

@NAIJA
    “If a woman gets with another woman and she likes it….I’m sure she will like it and crave it again. If I were a man, unless I was ok/ turned on with that, I wouldn’t marry her.
    =============================

Ain’t no different than her cheating with the next nigga. :shrugs:
    Do any sort of research on it, and the vast majority of women have tried it or seriously thought about it.

Only weak azz ninjas feel any more threatened by it than a chick just cheatin period.

San says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

——————-
    So did your views change for better or worst

Just Looking says:

I’ve met men who have dated women who have “been” with other women. They also said the sex was animalistic (extremly lustful) But would never marry this type of woman.

PumpkinsMama says:

@ Man WHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT! GTFOH! These pple are crazy! This shyt gives me the sads, well more like the mads. We can’t even have a lil jokey joke goin on w/o some other shyt on here

iAmChan says:

I don’t want my WOMAN munching carpet as a side dish…..there are some nice side dishes that I wouldn’t mind having with my dinner, like macaroni n cheese, so I can imagine that if a woman got a good taste of someone, she is gonna go back….only applies to my WOMAN. If we aren’t gonna be serious, ion eem care.

that lil baby was SCURRED! :pray: for the lost & injured :)

:dead: at yall’s convo tho! :popcorn:

dancerbee93 says:

The rest is kinda white noise
    —————
    :rofl: great discussion!!!!!

@DANCER
    “I havent met a man that said they would be cool with it either. Its a stereotype.. Why would your man be ok with coming home to you ALWAYS playing scissors with your “best friend”

:huh:
    That’s just cheating. We aren’t talkin about cheating, we are talkin about bisexuality.

And you know stereotypes exist for a reason. Men are generally more accepting of it. That isn’t a stereotype, that’s a fact. And the reason they are more accepting is that it is pretty normal for a woman to have done it before.

San says:

iAmChan says:

Like would a man really wanna wife her after that…

VDot says:

________________________________________

:rofl: :rofl:

It’s the penetration that turns people off from male secks. Something about getting a booty hole plummeted is seen as being more invasive than having the kitty licked. :shrug:

I mean you can slap some peanut butter on your **** and have a dog lick it off, but the minute that dog penetrates you? Welllllll :coffee:

that_VA_thickchick says:

nae says:

:rofl: The way you worded that made me bust out laughing.

I’ll just say, it’s been MY personal experience that (with the men I’ve met) they don’t care that I used to :lick: as long as I am not cheating on them. Either they say A) don’t do that shat no more or B) Call your friend over. :shrugs:

PumpkinsMama says:

Mutha fuggaz be bored BBL :peace:

My lord I just saw the video up top and that child :sad: that’s beyond scary

With great sadness..SIGGGGGGh

I have to agree

Dymond :yahoo: :hug:
    Fay :kiss:

*comes in and starts a new convo but I can’t stay* :lol:

Anybody read the Dear “I’m a Dummy” letter on *ossip today?! :rofl:

NaijaGal says:

But would never marry this type of woman.
    =========================
    that’s how I see it too…a fantasy they will indulge in but wouldn’t want that woman to be the mother of their kids :shrug:

that_VA_thickchick says:

San says:

iAmChan says:

Like would a man really wanna wife her after that…
    ________
    <—- Was in a lesbian relationship for 6 years….But married a man. SHE was more mad I ended up with a man than he was that I used to be with a woman.

Looking :hug:
    Dancer :dance:
    Pumpkin, Jenny, VA, Miany, V. :waves:

iAmChan says:

So @PumpkinBoo, what types of side dishes do you like? #QuestionsYouAskThePotentialWifey

@SAN
    “I already have. A chick convinced me to in college. I love reading anything about women.
    ——————-
    So did your views change for better or worst

i was really enlightned. Just at the level of control society has tried to place on women throught out time.

I don’t think it was a “better/worse” situation because I had a great view of women before and after. I was just more knowledgable afterwards.

Naija, good you’re safe, anybody seen MsDiva? SHe’s in TX.

————————-
    I cant!!! :dead:

:dead: :ghost:

Dymond says:

:yawn:

:peace:

hey/bye Fay :hi:

tintin1979 says:

what’s going on in America

iAmChan says:

@ VA, do you still have, or did you still have the urge while you were married to that man?

@DTTS :yahoo: WAsssupppp!!! :buttshake:

NaijaGal says:

DTTS – thanks hun…Diva’s fine, she’s already fonted

heartland says:

Man says:

=============
    :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

San says:

@VA so do you not consider yourself a lesbian anymore?

what’s going on in America
    ===================
    the same chit that’s been going on

DTS :happy: and wayment :stop: normal to eat the coon the fugg :blink: normal for who ?

Oh Naija, I saw you asked about a good position the other day :tea: #tryfromthesideandbackwithonelegoverhisside #wooooyeahhhhh :whistle:

Just Looking says:

Either they say A) don’t do that shat no more or B) Call your friend over.
    true

I mean you can slap some peanut butter on your **** and have a dog lick it off, but the minute that dog penetrates you? Wellllll :coffee:
    And I thought I was DEMENTED. :facepalm:

so did i miss anything :popcorn: <—popeyes chicken wangs

Dymond says:

DTTS :buttshake: the rumpshaker ttyl

that_VA_thickchick says:

iAmChan says:

_________
    Nope. And when he started to aggravate me, when I fantasized, it was about other men not women. :lol: I haven’t been with a woman in a long time and while I still find some women attractive I don’t desire to be with them physically.

Smonae says:

:hahaha: VA

Nothing against it, it just aint for me.

But I just could’nt get with a man that says he used to be a butt pirate but now he like women & he straight.
    no sir :nono:

——————–
    Pandora box should never be lived in regular life… This is the problem nowadays..Some things you shouldnt have on a regular basis.. You suppose to peek in the box and then run :rofl:

Jennnay!! :kiss:
    DTTS :2dance:
    Dymond :hug:

GM beauties! what’s hannin & chit?

Fay Fay made a appearence… I missed her.. :hug:

@DTTS – Hey Bugga :happy:

That spoon position :yes: with his chest on my back :love: our body heat on each other :love:

——————-
    :hugs: because of your honesty

Smonae says:

:waves: DTTS, Chan, Tin & Heartland

Shoulda known it came from V. :hahaha:

Dog licking the box :ghost:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

:steer: <–have you driving can't wait to get to the duck :rofl:

:waves: Smonae!

Looking, I wanna boogie to The Beat Of The Rhythm Of The Night! :shrug: :rofl:

RubenT says:

Morning Smonae

heartland says:

Smonae :hi: …..and hello to everyone else this morning

a dog though?
    ================
    :yes: them nasty ass white women :tea:

oh :newpost: is up folks

iAmChan says:

Morning @ Smonae!!

Nakeya_j says:

What did I miss?

San says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

——————

that_VA_thickchick says:

——————-
    :hug: because of your honesty
    ______
    :hug: right back at ya. (no homo) :rofl:

Diva says:

Pickachu Tran says:

so did i miss anything <—popeyes chicken wangs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Can I get a large cajun rice? :rofl: yeah what we miss?

Diva says:

that_VA_thickchick says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    who fonted dis?

dancerbee93 says:

right back at ya. (no homo)
    —————-
    :rofl: side hug gurl side hug :haha:

Milky says:

I would not want to be with a man that has taken duck or that has had more duck than me. No no

@SAN
    “Just curious because of some of the stuff you say on here, makes for a great convo in that setting”
    Like what?