‘Twerking’ video gets 33 students suspended from high school

twerking video gets girls suspended

This is not what parents send their children to school to study. A disgraceful ‘twerking’ video got 33 students suspended from Scripps Ranch High School in San Diego after the viral video was brought to the school administration’s attention.

Gawker.com reports that some 33 media students — mostly girls — were suspended for an array of school violations. The school’s zero-tolerance sexual harassment policy prohibits “verbal, visual, or physical conduct of a sexual nature made by someone from or in the educational setting.”

The twerking video was filmed on the school’s campus during school hours. ‘Twerking’ is slang for a dance that involves sexually suggestive gyrating movements of the hips, buttocks and pelvic areas.

From Gawker.com:

Many Scripps Ranch students took to social media following the suspension to express their displeasure.

“Suspended, banned from prom, and prevented from walking at graduation all because of an awesome twerk video,” tweeted one student, according to NBC 7. “I don’t understand.”

Another suspended student tweeted: “Suspended for twerking. What do I do? Twerk. At the beach. I twerk at the beach.”

Supporters of the twerkers have also been voicing their disbelief along with the hashtag “#freethetwerkteam.”

Meanwhile, parents are saying that the school should not have suspended the students, but rather used the incident “as a teaching moment to remind students that when a person is videotaped, he/she never knows where it’s going to go.”

At least one school board member, Scott Barnett, plans to bring up the twerking video at Tuesday’s board meeting to ensure that the punishment fit the crime.

• Video: HS Student ‘Twerks’ His Proposal to the Prom
  • Why you should be worried if your man is on a social network
  • Keri Hilson almost raped onstage (video)
  • This is why our people will never get ahead… *Updated*

173 Responses to “‘Twerking’ video gets 33 students suspended from high school”

eastpointvet says:

lol this is funny and yall have 14 days to find me a gift

totally :dead:

Audacious2 says:

LMAO @ the Beckies and their parents must be very :shocked:

VDot says:

“Suspended, banned from prom, and prevented from walking at graduation all because of an awesome twerk video”

:dead: :rofl:

Kcooks25 says:

Wow it was funny! I think the school is a little over zealous.

Dymond says:

and why did it look like they were struggling? :ghost:
      @ Sandra on second thought maybe you shouldn’t have posted this, being that they are in high school…I bet those parents were LIVID :rofl:

VDot says:

It’s because they have that black man in the middle of it all :hahaha:

Where is Sandy’s That’s Racist gif? :lol:

heartland says:

It’s safe to say some of our youth don’t have a fighting chance because their parents are tolerant and encouraging of their moronic behavior!!!

Betamax82 says:

:hahaha: why do I find this funny

NaijaGal says:

I’m not mad at the school…you can’t use school property for foolishness and not expect consequences…parents say teaching tool? fcuk that…teach your kids not to twerk and this wouldn’t have been a problem

Betamax82 says:

Turning those yt gals out huh :lol:

Dymond says:

I understand your concern, but the video was posted to accompany an editorial for educational purposes.

======================
      :preach: :cosign: cause trust and believe my parents wouldn’t have been questioning the school, they would’ve been on my ass for shaking ass

MetroAtlMrs says:

@ VDot I totally agree…

VDot says:

Where is Sandy’s That’s Racist gif?

That gif would’ve been put to use if those 33 students were black. :lol:

Ole Hot azzes :no: Morning OB :waves: saw ya shout from downstairs

@DYMOND
      Got that pic of Akon as your Gravie huh?

Ok Sandra…

:hahaha: and we thought the Tootsie Roll and the Percolator were risque’

:hug: Naija and Vdeezy and everyone

Fugged up IMB :tea:

We (well they) are paying good money for these schools and the per student price is probably crazy, waste of money. Big dummies taped the ish too :ha:

:danban: <–Butterfly doubling it up
      :waves: Dymond :lol:

heartland says:

I blame hip hop for corrupting our youth. And now it’s corrupting the innocent middle class youth, too. :no:

NaijaGal says:

DYMONDs are a girls best friend :hug: massa out or you off? how have you been luv

MoniquetheGeek says:

Had 99% of the girls been black, these white parents would probably say the girls should have been expelled for violating said sexual harassment policy.

“Suspended, banned from prom, and prevented from walking at graduation…”
      ________

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@DYMOND
      Got that pic of Akon as your Gravie huh?

:rofl: :rofl:

Betamax82 says:

Dymond :hi:

MetroAtlMrs says:

The filming and uploading of this video was inappropriate. Especially the film location considered. But I believe the punishment was excessive. Excluding them from the graduation was a stretch. They worked 12 years toward that day. A twerking video should not disqualify any work they accomplished prior to that video.

eastpointvet says:

lol this is funny and yall have 14 days to find me a gift

:pc:
      *snickers*

@SANDRA

:stop:
      INNOCENT???
      :huh:

iAmChan says:

They call THAT twerking? tuhhh

=====================
      but those Columbine kids that were into alternative music…and the Hooks dude didn’t listen to hip hope either…but what do I know :yawn:

morning Man :coffee: :rolleyes:

they gone go from :buttshake: <–twerking to :thankyou: <—skrippin

that aint what they at school for! :spank:

Betamax82 says:

Ion know why this made me think of the Puppies video funky y2c video with those lil pissy tail girls twerking they azzez off :lol:

^^ :tea: what she said

Kcooks25 says:

Wow it was funny! I think the school is a little over zealous.

Hmmmp, I think someone should be fired (Think of ALL the wasted money), and ION think the kids should miss out on prom, they are kids, it’s the adults responsibility to lead them properly IMB :tea:

========================
      and you know it

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

“Suspended, banned from prom, and prevented from walking at graduation…”
      ________

This is a harsh punishment for something that didn’t harm anyone tho. I think a simple suspension would have sufficed.
      I agree with Man. :smack:

Just glad that these privleged WHITE girls were not of COLOR. :coffee:

NaijaGal says:

all I know is if I’m at my job for 12 years and do something against the employee handbook and get fired, that’s on me

:popcorn: SO, Let’s see if this turns into one of those “You ain’t got no kids, so shet ya trap” posts :rofl: :rofl: *gets the red velvet rope ready* :lol:

^^ what she said

Exactly :tea:

NaijaGal says:

That’s right :yes: I concur…

deedeegirl says:

Where is the self respect? Every other word in the song is bitch. He would have had to twerk that mess out himself. Not worth getting suspended over! Don’t compromise yourself for someone elses benefit!

deedeegirl says:

Ohh and MORNING ALL

Yeah, supension for PROM and Walking across the stage, could have significant repurcusions. Those are things you talk and things about for a while and a young adult.

Make them clean the school grounds or something.

Yep :tea:

ReadingIsFundamental says:

What the school did as a punishment wouldn’t have sh*t on me when that heffa walked through my door after me seeing that sh*t.

Milky says:

I bet u them gurls think twice about twerkin and video tape it with a black kid.
      @dtts :kiss:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

I don't feel like that. Whether people have kids or not, everyone WAS a kid at one point. Everyone can have an opinion. :shrugs: Can't nobody tell me SHAT about MY kids tho. :rofl:

I bet they are sitting their azzes down now.

:danban1: :danban1: me & DTTS

Hey Naija…I’m just not gonna work today :ashamed:

:hi: Beta

Miany says:

@Sandra… hip hop aint encourage these yt girls to twerk.. Miley Cyrus lilly white azz did that. :tea:
      and FOR THE RECORD>…..’hip-hop’ folk (black folk) have been successfully twerking/dancing within the confines of block parties, house parties, private functions for years… it’s just NOW that you start seeing folk twerking all ova the place for some viral fame NOOOOW- (after the yts invented you tube) Now just like I dont blame the white folk who created you tube for all that is ratchett in the world, you shouldn’t blame hip hop..

cougar lover says:

that beat makes me wanna go get a bubble chevy caprice, put some pep boys spinners on that thang, then go to aarons to get me a car stereo system that imma stop making payments on after 3 months. then imma tell the store manager to stop calling, and pulling that box truck into my driveway embarrassing me every morning :rofl:

MSVALLDAY says:

I have decided not to watch this until I am somewhere that I can holler and LOL.

@NikkeMinxx says:

:yahoo: everybody

I’ve seen dance teams go harder than that at the high school halftime shows :shrug: … Im pretty sure that if the black boys hadnt been betwixt the legs of the white girls in some of these shots this wouldn’t be as big of a problem..

Oprahs Bunion says:

Heyyy Jenie! :wave:

Betamax82 says:

JL :hi:

dancerbee93 says:

Everyone can have an opinion.
      —————
      Not in e-life tho :rofl: :buttshake: on this post

@DTTS – Hey Babes :happy:

If you on your JOB? I agree with that, but these are children.

There brains are still forming. During adolescence, prefrontal cortex is the last area of the brain to develop.

SAD :sad: but true.

Children are challenged by their peers, siblings, administration, parnets and themselves.

PS I will not say anything else today that makes sense. Going back to be chit :danban1:

Well that bish who was twerking by that gatdayum milk in Wal-Mart needs to be suspended from LIFE then in that case.

Yall see that vid?

:no:

lovezoe says:

These girls gone end up walking. Once the media gets ahold, folks start folding like towels.

I can’t view the vid, but from the still shot alone :nono:

:wtf: I know the parents ain’t trying to raise some hoes (my opinion) and this ish ish just unacceptable.

Flouncing your body upside down on the friggin lockers. Looking like sex objects… No ma’am….Get some respect you dummies! :huh:

and why do these kids VIDEO every damn thang! :facepalm:

hey JussssssLookin and Fay :boobs:

DoNotDeleteMe says:

I just like seeing all those white girls demeaning themselves. The media will have you believe that only little Black girls are out there degrading themselves. :shrug:

:bball:

deedeegirl says:
      ^^ chillle these chicks proudly call themselves biii nowadays… Have you ever heard of ‘bad bii’ I’m a bad biii… I cringe when I see that shii on twitter, fb, instagram, etc.. :facepalm:

Betamax82 says:

Nikke :hi:

:waves: at Godiva Chocolate is it too early to Martini :smile:

Hey Beta :wink:

What I want to know is how did the school administration identify all 33 students from behind? :shrug:

————-

Had this happened at the Helen Keller school…

Oprahs Bunion says:

=====================
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :cosign:

NaijaGal says:

True. Very true. But these are not adults who’ve been in the ‘real world’ for 12 years. These are silly young women who probably never really learned the true meaning of the word consequence. I guess I’m looking at it as though one of these girls were my daughter. It was dumb and irresponsible and tacky. Yes, she’d get her azz handed to her at home. Yes, punish her with suspension, community service, etc. I could even maybe roll with missing prom. But not being able to walk at graduation I feel is a bit much.

dancerbee93 says:

—————
      Chics were doing this in high school back in my day as well…just didnt have video and social media to post #hoesarehereforever

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I’m not sure this is 100% true. Cause they the ones that has been dragging the pure LIFE outta Amanda Bynes as of late. I had pure forgot about her until she started talking about black dack erryday.

:love: Nikke the lovely

@Kdub…what’s my best source for keeping up with that bastard that murdered Shaniya Davis’ trial?

heartland says:

My best friend is a principal of a high school in California… She does not play!! She just suspended 10 athletes for some questionable videos they were tweeting from a party during the weekend.
      …now her and the school are getting sued cause the parents want her to stop worrying about their childrens weekend activities!

Just Looking says:

No, I didn’t not see the Walmart vid. I will view when I get home, so I can get some new moves and clean them up. :yes:

:waves: @ DYMOND … LONG TIME :hug:

MoniquetheGeek says:

Yall see that vid?
      ___________________________________________________
      If these kids punishment was suspension from school, then twerking in Wal-Mart chick needs to be locked up for a few days.

——-
      I bet a black chic told… nothing causes a fight faster than a white girl out twerking a black girl especially with tyrone in the pic. I bet tyrone girlfirend told… I can’t see the video but we all did dumb stuff in school tho

But not being able to walk at graduation I feel is a bit much.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Let Donna Martin graduate.
      Let Donna Martin graduate.
      Let Donna Martin graduate.

1993 epi of 90210 :ghost:

Word of mouth :tea: That’s what the kids do now video tape themselves and post it on the net. They tape fights, hell everything and talk about and laugh about it all the time. They not hiding obviously :shrugs: My nephew has shown me quite a bit of videos these kids post :no:

But not being able to walk at graduation I feel is a bit much.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Let Donna Martin graduate.
      Let Donna Martin graduate.
      Let Donna Martin graduate.

1993 epi of 90210
      :dead:

Oprahs Bunion says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Who is this Amanda Bynes chick? I heard you mention her a couple of times. :pc:

ReadingIsFundamental says:

Now when these hot heffas get caught up preggo or something by a grown *ss man, somebody is gonna yell that surely they couldn’t of been hot heffas or sexual by nature and asked for the statutory rape because of their age. Somebody needs to let them know that they are basically behaving in an adult sexual way and will attract an adult sexual crowd that will do and say anything to lure them in to something that may be very uncomfortable.

I’m sure half of them are sexing some other little high school knuckle head but, grown men have a complete different expectation of a sexual relationship.

Alright, I’ma get off my soap box and wait for the next post.

(imgladtheyarewhite)

Betamax82 says:

heartland says:

________________________________________________

These parents in this day and time are too busy trying to be their kids friends instead of a parent sigh

Miany says:

@JustLooking.. I think I read on here that your kidneys are A OK???? Is that correct? If so, congrats on the good news!! :yahoo: God is GOOOOOOOD!

bubble chevy caprice
      —————–

:hi: hey Dawn

dancerbee93 says:

————-
      Or twerking up against the wall with them and/or recording this ish :coffee:

Apparition says:

Chicks did a lot worse when we had reggae parties when I was younger.

@NikkeMinxx says:

at Godiva Chocolate is it too early to Martini
      _________________________________________________________
      :nono: 5 some dayum where…

a white girl out twerking a black girl
      _______________________________________________
      Lawwwwd when the white girl won amateur night.. :dead: I thought they was gon tear the club up

:offtopic:
      Does anyone watch Preachers Daughter? That lil black girl is OFF THE CHAIN. Her parnets should tear up them ankeles up and throw healing oil on her before she leaves the house in the AM.

NaijaGal says:

If you on your JOB? I agree with that, but these are children.
      =============================
      if they’re suspended from walking then they’re seniors so no I can’t get with the “they’re kids”

Speaking of Miley Cyrus…she did a twerk video in a teddy bear costume. Got right nasty wit it too. :lol:

But on a more serious note, she was at the gas station wearing booty shorts, high heels, and a t shirt saying “Sex, Rap, and Drugs”. :shocked: And Tee Em Zee said she was dressing like Rihanna. :blink: Always trying to find a black scapegoat. So now we gone blame Rihanna for the destruction of Miley Cyrus. :nono: Billy Ray Cyrus “ruint” that gal long ago.

I was the class clown… all through high school and in college and here in corp america… twerk on but let it be my child and I am going to teach her about cause and effect.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I want Mr. McNeill to gone head and accidently hang himself. He is wasting the time of the citizens of this state and gatdayum my tax dollars. Up in court looking slow as fugg erryday.

They put Shaniya’s brother who is now 11 on the stand yesterday :no:

VDot says:

I’ve seen dance teams go harder than that at the high school halftime shows

______________________________________

:yes:

Dance teams, cheerleading teams, alladat!

The punishment did not fit the crime :coffee:

God is GOOOOOOOD!
      And all the time he is GOOD. Thanks HUN :hug: :happy:

VDot says:

I’ve seen dance teams go harder than that at the high school halftime shows

______________________________________

Dance teams, cheerleading teams, alladat!

The punishment did not fit the crime
      :cosign:

@NikkeMinxx says:

I am going to teach her about cause and effect.
      _______________________________________________________
      iHollered.

Milky says:

I saw a video on fb the other day with these little baby girls twerking and i was like :shocked: they had to be around 2 or 3 and to know how to girate and pop like that. I saw it as child porn and the parents and the person taping it was laughing and very proud of them.. future :thankyou: <—-the pole they will be swinging from by age 14.

Just Looking says:

I just think preventing them from not walking across the stage, could lead to emotional issues. It should weigh on their GPA’s and if there were in trouble in the past. Kids don’t have the ability to bounce back, hell some adults don’t. JMO

Billy Ray Cyrus “ruint” that gal long ago.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Starting with the fact that they allowed her to change her name when she was like 12. Miley is not the name she was given by her parents. Her name is…chit IDR. But it aint Miley. And lil heffa you gonna be called what the hail I named cha… and if you dont like it when you get 18 you can change it if you want to…but Imma STILL call you want EYE NAMED YA.

That is some yt folks chit. I declare it is :no:

Miany says:

YALL act like they are dumb. I know the brains are NOT FULLY DEVELOPED but after 12 years of schooling, you KNOW the scholastic consequences and ramifications…..I was in grade 10 and made a CONSCIOUS decision when I jumped across tables halfway across the cafeteria and whopped this bii azz cuz she thought it was cool to snicker and gossip about the financial down fall of my family. Now I was 15 and I KNEW the consequence was 10 days suspension but, I didn’t care. Her azz was bout 17 :thinking: maybe her brain wasn’t fully developed cuz she obviously didn’t forsee that consequence.

Dymond says:

I want Mr. McNeill to gone head and accidently hang himself
      ————————————————–
      :yes: I swear I hate that dude and her raggedy azz mama

Destiny HOPE Cyrus… :rofl:

Hell I’m glad she changed it.

NaijaGal says:

I was in grade 10 and made a CONSCIOUS decision when I jumped across tables halfway across the cafeteria and whopped this bii azz cuz she thought it was cool to snicker and gossip about the financial down fall of my family. Now I was 15 and I KNEW the consequence was 10 days suspension but, I didn’t care. Her azz was bout 17 maybe her brain wasn’t fully developed cuz she obviously didn’t forsee that consequence.
      ===========================
      :lol: my nigguh :fistbump: :rofl:

MoniquetheGeek says:

_______________________________________

@ Dubbs….Destiny Hope. :coffee:

:casket:

supa says:

@NikkeMinxx says:

everybody
      I’ve seen dance teams go harder than that at the high school halftime shows … Im pretty sure that if the black boys hadnt been betwixt the legs of the white girls in some of these shots this wouldn’t be as big of a problem..

________

:preach:

DIMPz :happy:

San says:

Y I mostly see yt ppl twerking :think: This article is…funny

@VDOT
      “The punishment did not fit the crime ”

Yup.

JL! :hug: :kiss: Who that in your gravi: :eek:

Dimplez :2dance: morning/afternoon!

That’s how I felt last night. :rofl:

Was gonna send you a FWD, but I forgot my phone on counter this morning.

More family drama.

@MIANY
      “YALL act like they are dumb. I know the brains are NOT FULLY DEVELOPED but after 12 years of schooling, you KNOW the scholastic consequences and ramifications…..”

At that age it’s about impulse control tho. These kids may have known the consequences but they lacked the impulse control to say no to the activity. That’s what makes them kids.

But a lot of these schools will do anything to save face.

Have yall seen the black girl charged with a FELONY for a science project that went wrong???? Straight up arrest record and everything.

Miany says:

YALL act like they are dumb.
      :lol: This made me laugh for some reason. I heard it like Lisa Ray on The Wood “Ya’ll must think I’m stupid like one of them Thelma and Louise Bishes” :rofl:

But nah, I’own think they dumb. And I know they know right from wrong. And I’m sure they knew there would be some form of punishment. But I just think the punishment was harsh. The suspension was enough IMO. :shrugs:

Yup. That was some straight up bullshat. :no:

Just Looking says:

From POST BELOW, why would one want to wipe COOT with red paper. Is that even safe, wiping your self with dyed paper. :nono:

Dymond! :kiss:

@ JL… :wail: You know I texted you GM too. :yes:

I think they named her that b/c there was something wrong with her when she was born. Like a heart condition I think I read. But yes Destiny Hope.

It dont matter cause I still call her azz Hannah Montana.

Nakeya_j says:

——-
      Exactly. They should be able to walk, if they had the right grades, but all that at school? No. School is not the place for that. Oh well. Too bad for them.

Miany says:

@man.. I didn’t see that one. If she was doing something for an assignment and it went wrong, she shouldn’t be arrested, that’s bullshyt obviously..
      Maybe I see it diff cuz her (in s. fl) they WE ALL knew if you get suspended senior year those were the penalties. Can’t walk graduation, can’t go to prom, can’t go on any senior trips, class activities….shiii some kids get in trouble week 1 of sr year and act up for the rest of the year cuz they done already lost all the perks

It dont matter cause I still call her azz Hannah Montana.
      _________
      :lol: Exactly

She was his Hope for regained relevance too.

———————–
      hell yeah I saw this :mad: dumb sh*t

:bye: gotta a dumbass meeting see y’all lata

Milky says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      i was thinking the same thing. you dont want to wipe your pocketbook with anything dyed. (pocketbook Granny’s term for the puss):rofl:

Nakeya_j says:

I wonder how many of the parents watched the video….

Milky says:

<——–This doll was twerking betta than those sprites.

lovezoe says:

///////

Just disgusting.

Miany says:

@OPRAH…Amanda (child star) used to have a show on Nickelodeon.. She done crashed already and we ALL been :pray: she doesn’t trajically burn before our eyes.
      I was watching the view yesterday Hillary Duff I’m starting to :heart: her…she was asked why she thinks she has been so successful transitioning to normalcy considering she grew up round the time (lohan, Bynes, etc).
      Her answer :I have seen some things written about me, some true some not and they have made me feel badly. I hate to face my family and even strangers and have them KNOW the bad things I’ve done. I decided to try to live my life in a manner that would make my family proud. :love:

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

I FEEL THE PUNISHMENT IS JUSTIFIED, BECAUSE AT THE AGE THEY ARE THEY SHOULD HAVE ALREADY KNOWN OR RECEIVED PROPER TRAINING FROM HOME THAT WOULD HAVE ALREADY INSTILLED IN THEM THAT THIS BEHAVIOR IS INAPPROPRIATE, WE CAN’T ASK THE SCHOOL TO TEACH OUR CHILDREN MORALS, THAT’S OUR JOB :coffee:

NaijaGal says:

at this point Amanda Bynes just likes the attention…she’s not crazy…who the fcuk was talking about her spirte ass before she became messican and wanting black dycks to murder her vagina

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

@milky

:rofl: POCKETBOOK, I WAS RAISED BY MY GRANDPARENTS, I CALL IT THAT TOO NOW WITH MY DAUGHTER, SHE KNOWS THE CORRECT TERM THOUGH

Ok Intense :tea: you better preach !

Miany says:

I read the Shaniya Davis story :crying: my lord…why did they return that child to her momma… :( daddy and them shoulda just kept her. That momma need more than whatever time they’re sentencing her to.

Milky says:

@intense my Granny use to say “dont let no one touch ur pocketbook” I use to be like :shocked: i dont own a purse!!! I was 7. :rofl:

Caramel Rain says:

Um I was a majorette in high school so we were supposed to “twerk” Lol.. I’ve done pumped a whole lot harder then them..

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

:rofl: MILKY EXACLTY, IT TOOK ME A MINUTE TO CATCH ON TOO, BUT GIRL WHEN THEY SUPERVISE YOUR BATHS AND SHAIT YOU FIGURE OUT REAL QUICK, YELLING WASH YO POCKET BOOK GOOD YA HEAR ME, AND YOU STAND THERE LOOKING CRAZY AND THEY LOOK BACK ATCHU LIKE GET TOO IT, BEFORE I WHUP YOU ARSE-

Gigi26 says:

:no: Idiots…they did that foolishness on school grounds. :no:

Milky says:

@intense :rofl: yes lawd when Granny use to say “Go yonder and get this or that” my behind use to be like where is yonder? Granny: You betta take ur behind and figure it out or that azz is mine” Good ole days!!!

We still in here :rolleyes:

Smonae says:

Milky says:

@intense my Granny use to say “dont let no one touch ur pocketbook” I use to be like i dont own a purse!!! I was 7.

:cosign:

I tell my 4 yr old this :rofl:

goat76 says:

Whatever happened to detention, or after school work detail….

They don’t need to be at home, they need to be at school.

Smonae says:

Min Min Sheen (The artist formally kwn as Dawn Sheen) says:

:cosign:

AllNYC says:

A zero tolerance policy is exactly that. Ignorance of the policy is no excuse. They should have thought about the consequences before doing the video.
      If you let them off the hook, none of the rules carry any weight.

goat76 says:

School system is becoming just like the Judical system.

Miany says:

why MIMI got a shirt saying #HeyMADE…..mind you the job they were making fun of her for having is actually spelled M-A-I-D :facepalm:

miamore1973 says:

They look like little puppies in heat.

Link please? @ZOE. TIA.

And LMAO @these stiff ass guhls. :facepalm: Stick to :cheer: camp.

My 7th grader just called and said they won’t let her buy lunch because the computer system is down in the cafeteria. And just how in theeeee fugg is that HER problem. I’m on the phone with the office now and if my baby don’t get her lunch it’s gone be some smoke in the *!@#$%^& City. :mad:

Miany says:

^^ Im just now reading the actual article, haven’t watched the video but look at the quote… she still aint learn her lil non developed brain having lesson…smh..
      I aint feeling no sympathy cuz it was this same way when I was in school. act up senior year.. don’t participate in anything. The article says they were media students so maybe they used school equipment to film it soooo school property, probably wearing school sports uniforms or colors AND probably using school camera to film it… smh. Ion blame the school.

A teenage girl could face up to five years in prison for “discharging weapons or firerarms” on the grounds of Bartow High School in the town of Bartow, Florida. Kiera Wilmot, 16, was arrested by local police and taken into custody after causing a small explosion on campus.

There were no deaths, and no injuries. In fact, the only property damaged by the explosion was an eight ounce plastic water bottle. That’s because the “weapon” Wilmot detonated was a mixture of toilet bowl cleaner and aluminum foil, which she mixed together in the bottle as part of an apparent amateur science project.

Nonetheless, Wilmot—who has consistently good grades and no prior criminal record—is being brought up on felony charges, and will be tried as an adult.

“It’s emblematic of a national issue,” Bro/Sis Executive Director Khary Lazarre-White said on Wednesday’s All In w/ Chris Hayes. “Over three million cases of expulsion and severe suspensions across the country, and it’s a zero tolerance policy that is expelling children for the kinds of things that got us sent to the principal’s office or talked to by a teacher, at worst, when we were in school.”

These aggressive measures disproportionately affect black students like Wilmot. A full 40% of the students expelled from school each year are black, and 70% of in-school arrests are either black or Latino, according to data collected by PBS. In California, about a quarter of all expulsions are for “willful defiance,” according to data from the office State Superintendent for Public Instruction.

Nonetheless, recently a handful of public figures have called for even more of a police presence in America’s public schools. In the aftermath of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, National Rifle Association Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre demanded “armed police officers in every school in this nation.”

Miany says:

@that_VA… nooo0oo if the school system down they best give my e-neiece free lunch for today… :cuss: they azz clean out. Tell them biiis that nassy azz lunch that the baby probably don’t even really want was pre-paid by YOUR tax dollars YEARS AGO!!!

3halos says:

I appreciate the zero tolerance of this tom-foolery. And of course, they have black boys (not men) orchestrating the whole thing while their retarded, juvenile, lacking-ego behinds grope the walls and shake their azzes in lieu of their middle-upper class families disgrace.

FuturedocDonte says:

Busts in the blog door to speak :hi: hey everybody

:offtopic:

Can somebody tell me what in the university of Phoenix hell is ICDC college? :cuss:

Master P got all his kids up there talm bout u can get a degree in Crime Scene Investigation (no bish, don’t. You either need a degree in forensic science or criminal justice)

Bartow.

:facepalm:

^^ :hi: GOOD AFTERNOON…now leave cuz u bust in the door not being shiiii :dead:

=========================
      meth

Miany says:

@that_VA… nooo0oo if the school system down they best give my e-neiece free lunch for today… they azz clean out. Tell them biiis that nassy azz lunch that the baby probably don’t even really want was pre-paid by YOUR tax dollars YEARS AGO!!!
      The kids that they KNOW right off hand get free lunch got a dang plate. Normally this wouldn’t be THAT big of an issue but she is in pain (got her braces tightened the other day) so she has to eat so she can take her meds. At first I thought she meant the vending machines were down. Nope. I’m on the phone giving them the professional nice nasty.

Nakeya_j says:

that_VA_thickchick says:

—–
      The school can’t be serious with that. Cuss them clean out. smdh

A zero tolerance policy is exactly that. Ignorance of the policy is no excuse.

The policy is ignorant tho.

=========================
      meth

Hyrdrogen ball or fireball. We made them in school. :eek:

We made them in school.
      ================
      see didn’t even know yall had invented white folks crack…tisk tisk :nono:

goat76 says:

Trying to watch Love and HipHop, and this shat keeps buffering. Thats that shat that drives me crazy.

Miany says:

@THAT_VA….it’s bullshii.. go on and get on em cuz free lunch program or NOT… Them kids posed to eat. It’s paid for by your tax dollaz. How they gone starve the child cuz THEY failed to plan and provide sufficient alternatives in the event of a system failure??? … They can’t accept her money, they need to give it to her FREE. PERIOD!

Smonae says:

:newpost:

MSVALLDAY says:

What they were trying to do was be funny and spoof all the black girls that do the twerking video. It was clear that none of them can twerk at all so they were clearly being funny, but the jokes on them! No prom, No graduation with suspension. Yes, let’s use this as a teachable moment, BLACK GIRLS TWERK AT THE CRIB SNITCHES!!!!!!!