Court Strikes Down DOMA and Prop 8; Gay Man Kills Wife for Insurance Money

gay man kills wife

The Supreme Court ruled on two cases today that will change the way traditional marriage has been defined for ages. The SCOTUS judges voted to strike down key provisions in the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and the voter-backed law that bans gay marriage in California.

In a 5-4 decision, the supreme court ruled that gays married in states where gay marriage is legal can collect federal benefits in all states — except Utah, which refuses to recognize gay marriage.

The supreme court avoided ruling on the issue of gay marriage altogether. Which means 36 states can still ban gay marriage.

On Prop 8, the Supreme Court ruled that the state of California can vacate and remand the decision, essentially ignoring voters who disapproved of gay marriage.

Meanwhile, here’s an article that you won’t hear much about in the mainstream media: a gay man and his brother have been charged with killing a woman to cash in on her insurance policy.

Update: Earlier I noted that gays who marry in states where gay marriage is legal will be recognized in all states as a result of today’s supreme court ruling. That was incorrect. States where gay marriage is not legal do not have to recognize gay marriages performed in other states.

Cook County (Chicago) prosecutors say Darron Brewer, 26, and his brother Dujuan Powe, 22, planned and executed a plot to ambush and kill Brewer’s wife, Kenyatae Collier-Brewer, 22, in 2009. The men are on trial for murder this week in Cook County.

Prosecutors allege that Brewer “decided” he was gay and was no longer in love with his wife with whom he had 2 children. Brewer decided to kill Kenyatae and collect on her insurance policy rather than divorce her. At the time of her death, Collier-Brewer worked for the U.S. National Guard.

Those benefits “were about to end because their marriage was going to end,” Cook County Assistant State’s Attorney Jeff Allen said Monday in his opening statements. He added that jurors would hear testimony from Brewer’s “gay boyfriend.”

“Greed is the only word to describe why Kenyatae had to die,” Allen said.

Allen said Brewer’s brother, Powe, planned to kill Collier-Brewer at her home in the 3700 block of West Belden Avenue by choking her to death. But when he saw her come out of the bathroom, he couldn’t bring himself to kill her. So they had “consensual” sex instead. Collier-Brewer later told her husband she was raped by Powe.

The two brothers then plotted a fake carjacking.

On Oct. 25, 2009, Collier-Brewer picked up Brewer and their children on the South Side and drove them to their home on the West Side. At some point, Brewer got behind the wheel of the car while his wife, who had just gotten off work, napped on the passenger side.

According to DNAinfo.com, Brewer took a detour and pulled into a gas station at 59th Street and Racine Avenue, about a mile away for home.

That’s where, Allen says, Powe, wearing a mask from the movie “Scream,” ambushed the family and forced Collier-Brewer into the trunk at gunpoint.

The gas station’s surveillance video shows Brewer was complicit in the murder plot. Instead of fighting off the carjacker, he is seen rearranging items in the trunk so his wife could lay down in the trunk.

“You’ll see [Brewer] rearrange items in the trunk that will become her coffin,” Allen told the jury. “You’ll see the fake carjacking go down.”

Brewer later reported his wife missing and he gave police the location of the car. Police found Collier-Brewer’s body in the trunk. She was shot twice in the head.

Police later found the murder weapon stuffed between mattresses at the home of Powe’s girlfriend.

“[Brewer] planned it, and then did it,” Allen said, asking jurors to find both men guilty of Collier-Brewer’s murder.

• Man Charged in Death of Openly Gay Mayoral Candidate
  • Politician asks judge to ‘go easy’ on anti-gay attackers
  • Woman says she was raped by strippers at gay club
  • Crime: 3rd suspect in videotaped gay beating in custody

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

:smack: A$$holes just had to be from here. I guess they assumed a gas station in such a ratchet area wouldn’t have cameras. :no:

• http://santanasantana.wix.com/artist San

Ppl still killing for insurance money :tea: And thinking they can get away with it?

• http://www.ejb.kitsylane.com The Reverend Priestess Prophetess Pastor Bishop Mother Pope of the Church of BLACK Jeesus Pickachu Tran

San says:

IS NOW USED AS A SYMBOL TO IDENTIFY WHAT FOLKS CHOOSE TO DO IN THEIR BEDROOM.

Lemme stop before I offend some folks I have nothing NICE to say on DOMA or PROP 8.
      ————
      Parade this weekend

:hahaha: The Queens will be out in full force this weekend in ALL their Bedazzled splendor. IT WILL BE A PARADE FOR THE AGES I AM SURE.

• Gigi26

What in all the fukks?!

So because you decide you want to suck **** for the rest of your life you wanted to deprive your kids the luxury of having their mother around?!

We need to install retributive justice back in the US. Seriously.

• http://thegameonbetblog.tumblr.com/ Bird

Another gay story huh? :tea:

• Caramel Rain

What they hell is wrong with people in the state of Illinois?

• http://santanasantana.wix.com/artist San

The way [Kim] explained it to me, north means ‘highest power,’ and she says North is their highest point together. I thought it was really sweet.”
      ————
      :love:

• lovezoe

All while the kids were in the car?

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPOUgobWTT0 RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono:

:facepalm:

• http://santanasantana.wix.com/artist San

lovezoe says:

All while the kids were in the car?

———–
      Thats real bad

I wish folks would stop thinking they can get away with killing folks for the insurance :no: What a sad story

• Yardgirl

Good god, what is wrong with people? :cry:

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

@ Caramel…It’s not Illinois. It’s not even the whole city of Chicago but, these idiots here do so much ppl assume we’re all bad. I never understood why ppl ask me where i’m from when i’ve lived here my entire life but, I guess when i’m compared to ppl like those uptop, it’s a safe assumption that i’m from somewhere else.

• Betamax82

because you decide you want to suck **** for the rest of your life
      _____________________________________

I’m sorry but this made me :lol:

• Gigi26

These two are simps..My God :no:

All over some dyck he wanted to have in peace and her insurance money.

They should kill them.

• Miany

:pray: for those kids, so sad :( poor babies

Gigi26 says:

What in all the fukks?!

We need to install retributive justice back in the US. Seriously
      ________________________

Hmmm how about we do em like the CATHOLICS use to do em. POPE’S PEAR ANYONE :coffee:

From downstairs..
      @Carrington
      To me thats still just prejudiceness…put in place by racism maybe but *just* prejudice.

“Racism” happens when there is a race who holds the superior ideology and uses the laws and the ppl of the land to exclude other races on purpose just because they believe they are less than.

“Ism” means act. A prejudice is just a preconceived notion.

• http://santanasantana.wix.com/artist San

“Ism” means act. A prejudice is just a preconceived notion.
      ———-
      If you don’t know, you should know

• OutsidetheBox

I swear this entitlement generation. :no: Dont know chit about chit and dont give a chit about chit. Not even themselves. :facepalm: Dumb fukkers.

• Trendsetter

Caramel Rain says:

What they hell is wrong with people in the state of Illinois?

________________________

The same thing that is wrong with ppl in other states

• Smonae

:no:

• MzTisch

MzDimplez1123 says:

^^^^^^^^

Why did you even………… Hey, boo! :love: Any word on that?

• OutsidetheBox

:lol: Sounds like he wanted “money” more than the kids having a mother. I think the gay part is secondary. Sandra be trolling.

• Trendsetter

MzDimplez1123 says:

:cosign:

• OutsidetheBox

Maybe they Catholic already. Got that Gay passed on to them. :tea: Thats what Sandra said.

• AllNYC

Straight folk do this isht too. Killing for the insurance money is nothing new.

SHAUN! :kiss:

:smack: me :spank: me :angry: <—pull my hair

Sorry, feeling frisky this morning. :ashamed:

Who the fugg is Jody Breeze???

• lovezoe

My 7 year old is on 100 this AM. Father help me.

• Caramel Rain

@ Dimpz, not stereotyping but I have a friend that lives in Joilet and some of the stuff she tells me? :no: I know there is crime EVERYWHERE but its just played out in the media more..

Her husband was shot in the head b/c he was associating with some dudes from the “east side” and they came looking for him.. Like wtf? Her house was shot up with her and her kids inside.

She was robbed at a taco truck, at gun point, in daylight, with her kids!? IDk..

If you don’t know, you should know

:eek: :tea:

• MzTisch

Trendsetter says:

Caramel Rain says:

What they hell is wrong with people in the state of Illinois?

________________________

The same thing that is wrong with ppl in other states
      ________

:cosign: X 1000

• http://youtu.be/mak76-CMvus kingstonn

kitaaaaaaaaa! :coffee:

TISCH! :hug:

The one I got info from you for, no bueno. I’m still looking though.

How the hell are ya?

:hi: Trend

Well… :kona: :rofl: <—love tussle

• Gigi26

Damn they robbing ppl at Taco Trucks?! Cold world :no: DAMN.

Okay lemme go now :kona:

Trendsetter says:

MzDimplez1123 says:

———
      Just like they do with all south florida folks.. It’s no different. Just how the media plays it.

• Ty

Kenyatae Collier-Brewer, 22
      _________
      RIP Kenyatae :( I know her family and they are still catching it out west :pray: His azz wasnt gay just thirsty and knew she had multiple polices that were left to the kids and her mother :coffee:

• OutsidetheBox

Who the fugg is Jody Breeze???
      ________

The rapper? I havent heard that name in a couple moons. Used to be with Jeezy them if i rem correctly.

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

@ Caramel…Sorry to hear that. Hope your friend can relocate her and her kids to a better area.

• Ty

*policies*

• Trendsetter

Dimpz Hey boo :hi:

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

:blink: :shocked: JAY?! :yahoo: Who the hell dragged you in here?

• MzTisch

Caramel Rain says:

@ Dimpz, not stereotyping but I have a friend that lives in Joilet and some of the stuff she tells me? I know there is crime EVERYWHERE but its just played out in the media more..

^^^^^^^^
      Sounds like your friend and husband is into some ish that they have no business being into. Been here my whole life. Born, bred, and raised. Sometimes its about your element, environment, and sometimes bad things happen to good people. Other times people do/involve themselves in some activities that bring b.s. into their lives and homes.

• Trendsetter

Ty says:

Kenyatae Collier-Brewer, 22
      _________
      RIP Kenyatae I know her family and they are still catching it out west His azz wasnt gay just thirsty and knew she had multiple polices that were left to the kids and her mother

Sorry to hear that….

• Betamax82

RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono: says:

Who the fugg is Jody Breeze???
      ______________________________________

Another underrated rapper :yes: I rocks with him

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKucUlbrwSU Buttercup

Wheeew child! I have NEVER wanted someone to love me to death :nono:

• OutsidetheBox

It’s no different. Just how the media plays it.

Crucial element in how things are reported. And what ppl believe. Cause ppl will believe some “news” over stats and facts.

• KyCakes

Hey y’all :hi:

@ Shaun…I think I need Solo’s hair in my life. :yes:

Was that :rofl: for me?

• http://youtu.be/mak76-CMvus kingstonn

@ kita
      sheer, absolute… boredom. :yawn:

• Caramel Rain

And she works in Lock Port and EVERYDAY she tells me about somebody getting killed or robbed or something. she’s from the south and is not used to that kinda violence… She’s tryna come back b/c she fears for her life and her family

• OutsidetheBox

:huh: How can you make that determination off that little bit?

The associations couldve been family. I kinda get what you are saying but victim blaming is the devil.

That baby from the band was just hanging in the park. :nono:

• KyCakes

*rubs eyes*
      Is that….Kingstonn?!?!

Where the fawk you been boo?

• http://youtu.be/mak76-CMvus kingstonn

crime is everywhere.
      someone ran over a squirrel.. dead in the street last week. doesn’t mean I’m going to stereotype Houston as crime filled. :shrug:

• OutsidetheBox

Wheeew child! I have NEVER wanted someone to love me to death

I always say that. :lol: Love me to life.

:hi: Ky

Iono why ppl be dogging Orlando Jones. He looked pretty damned good in Drumline to me. :yes:

Phat Cakes :hug:

• MzTisch

How can you make that determination off that little bit?

That baby from the band was just hanging in the park
      ^^^^^^
      She stated he was associating with some cats from the east side. Who comes and shoots up someone’s home? They know who they are looking for…….that’s how I determined it. Thanks.

• KyCakes

:hi: @Dimpz

I :rofl: at that article…

He said “When people say Solange looks like a female me, it hurts my heart…for her” :rofl:

@ Caramel…she needs to

@ Jay…Pobrecita. Have you exhausted your Youtube searches? :lol:

• KyCakes

OTB :love:

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

@ Ky…They do look alike but, I just don’t think he’s ugly. Have you been behaving today? :waiting:

• OutsidetheBox

I love her hair here. :yes: Big, mouss-y foolishness. :yes: Found someone to hook me up with some heat. Praise the hair gawds. She work in the walmart salon BUT her hair was on point and she did it herself so im going in. :pray:

It was a love tussle. :shrug: Mars loves them. :lol:

Oooh chile. :eyeroll:

Moving on.. *the face Black ppl make when other Black ppl do too much*

• http://youtu.be/mak76-CMvus kingstonn

hey ky! :bye:

@ kita
      I’m actually watching the muppets and can’t figure out why. sigh.

• KyCakes

@Dimpz ashamed: Of course I’ve been behaving…so far

I haven’t even been on FB…yet :nono:

crime is everywhere.

No! :eek: A sweet baby dead squirrel? :cry:

Welp.

:thankyou:

I HATE squirrels!

• KyCakes

:ashamed:

:hahaha: He’s funny. They say we all look alike. :tea:

Who the fugg is Jody Breeze???
      ________

————
      Well that’s who Buckeye is fugging now… excuse me “dating”. She said he always got her back… ok.. :tea: you mean always getting it from the back? :kona:

• MzTisch

:facepalm:

• http://www.caboki.com/index.html Man, I just don’t care™

It was no lose for ol boy. He either gets away with murder and gets paid for it, or he goes to jail and becomes the bytch he always wanted to be.

the muppets

Girl thats quality TeeBee. :lol: Muppet babies? Or the grown ones? The grown ones kinda raunchy. :heart:

• Caramel Rain

@ OTB, I meant to ask you how your bday weekend was!? Deets… :waiting:

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

@ Shaun…I know. I was too lazy to type love tussle. :lol: I’m always down for one too! :yes:

@ Jay…..Muppets? IONO Love. Where’s Jay 2? Go kick him or something.

@ Ky…What time are you going so I can look at my page? :rofl:

• OutsidetheBox

Well that’s who Buckeye is fugging now

Ahhh. I see. :thinking: Well she moved up on the lyrical ability scale with her newest wrapper but down on the celebrity status?

IDK Breeze just been quiet for a minute. He prolly still a star in ATL. :lol:

• https://mobile.twitter.com/callmepumkin/media/grid?idx=0&tid=337744209543045120 JMO

Trendsetter says:

Caramel Rain says:

What they hell is wrong with people in the state of Illinois?
      ________________________

The same thing that is wrong with ppl in other states
      ________________________________________________________________

Pretty much! Every state, city etc has a bad side :shrug:

• http://www.caboki.com/index.html Man, I just don’t care™

@KINGSTON

:shocked:
      The things I would do to you…

“Forgive me Lord for the unholy things I envision doing to your child!”
      :prays:

• KyCakes

:hahaha: He’s funny. They say we all look alike. :tea:
      ———————————————————————
      Along those lines…

My predecessor was a wacky, older black Woman. One of the employees from a different office was in last week and as I walked past his office, I stopped to introduce myself.

He said “Oh I remember you Deidra…”

I replied: “Um, I’m not Deidra”

He kept insisting I was….. :rofl:

:rofl: @ Man

Poor Shay thinks everyone has her back. She said that same shyt about Scrappy’s FACE ass.

• OutsidetheBox

I haven’t even been on FB

I love the feed I get from you. :heart: SO FUNNY.

• Bootcampgirl

you mean always getting it from the back
      Speaking of that, I heard Rasheeda’s song this morning on the radio, that shat was bs, of course, the radio personalities clowned it…

• http://youtu.be/mak76-CMvus kingstonn

@ otb
      the new one that just came out apparently.. Rashida Jones is in it. and it’s a musical. which is really why i have no idea why I’m watching it. :lol: *DEEP SIGH*

OTB on #71-

That shat was so funny to me yesterday because they really do look related :lol:

• http://www.caboki.com/index.html Man, I just don’t care™

both of these dudes look retarded.

And how you go from “Im goin to kill you” to “Im going to phuck you?”

• OutsidetheBox

@ OTB, I meant to ask you how your bday weekend was!? Deets…

It was fine, thanks for asking. :) I spent it with a friend on a river. Mosquitos was the most of my worries. :phew:

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

@ Ky……this chick here at work calls me and this other woman twins. We don’t look shyt alike other than coloring and body type but, i’m gald she’s cute since we’re twins and all. :lol:

• KyCakes

:lol: @Dimpz… YT people :rollseyes:

• OutsidetheBox

He kept insisting I was…..

:rofl: Lordddd. :rofl: And then refusing to believe you. Dude I know who i am. #tokenBlacks

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

:nono: @ musicals. I’d rather take a nap. Everytime Jay6 suggests a cartoon now, my first question: Are they gonna sing in it?

I still haven’t gotten over those Ping Wings in Happy Feet 2. :wail:

• OutsidetheBox

the radio personalities clowned it…

:lol: Damn. Hey BGC. :hi:

I didnt watch LHH this week but girls did and all i could hear was Deb berating her for trying to do a vid. :lol: They got me feeling sorry for ole rasheeda now.

Rashida Jones is in it.

Talk about forgettable. :eek: :lol: I know which one you mean. Im sorry. :lol:

@Bootcamp Happy belated birthday!! :hugs:

I remember yours was right before mine and I forgot to tell you this year

• lovezoe

Watching the trial, this defense attorney trying so hard to undermine the witness. She is not here for dude AT ALL.

• http://youtu.be/mak76-CMvus kingstonn

bwahah.

Deb Antney is more manly than Kirk.

• OutsidetheBox

both of these dudes look retarded.

Yeah they brothers might be some deformed genes in there or something.

Bootcampgirl says:

you mean always getting it from the back
      ————
      I’m so hot fya shootin out my azz hole :buttshake: :shotsfired:

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

@ OTB….I :love: Deb! She was telling Rasheeda some real shyt. Told her the male dancers didn’t want to get too close to her because they didn’t want to be blamed for her being knocked up. :rofl:

• Ty

lovezoe says:

He is trying so hard he is choking himself up. Talking about I need some tea chile……

Who up @Zoe?

lovezoe says:

———–
      Who is the witness??

• KyCakes

:wail: They have that baby’s death pictures online…

I hope Zimmerman fries…

• Bootcampgirl

Hey OTB, :yahoo:
      @JMO, Happy belated to you as well. Mine was uneventful, took a bottle of rozay to the head and hit a deer :blink:

:rofl: Deb crushing Sheeda dreams. But at least she gave her new ones. :rofl:

:blink: @ Boot

A deer you say? :(

• OutsidetheBox

They have that baby’s death pictures online…

*Jesus’ “My People” headshake*

• http://youtu.be/mak76-CMvus kingstonn

fiya shooting out my azzhole. :dead:

• Ty

I’m so hot fya shootin out my azz hole
      *cues Beavis and Butthead* Fire crotch :hahahaha:

She really needs to do something else like the JC Penny Catalog or something :coffee:

Mine was uneventful, took a bottle of rozay to the head and hit a deer

Naw. :blink: Thats eventful.

100 OutsidetheBox says:

———-
      This woman told me I looked like Megan Good two weeks ago…. If’n y’all seen my pics then you know this woman is smoking on something….But I guess it was a compliment :lol: Nothing against Megan, but we look nothing alike…well maybe in the soup cooler department. :ashamed:

• Bootcampgirl

@Dimpz :facepalm: yes girl, my biggest fear came to fruition…

I’m so hot fya shootin out my azz hole

*twists mouf* STop lying @Razz! :rofl:

It really says that? :bite:

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

Then Kirk bring his Studio Gangsta ass in there acting like he run something. *sideeye*

• lovezoe

The witness is the one who called police, so I believed it was the neighbor. She said she heard a man’s voice and a boys voice. The end.

• OutsidetheBox

I aint no hater (cepting of Vannah) or nothing but Rasheeda was born in 82? :huh:

• Bootcampgirl

Mine was uneventful, took a bottle of rozay to the head and hit a deer

Naw. Thats eventful.
      You could say that but, I would have much rather been on a river with a friend :wink:

• OutsidetheBox

Maegan’s beaut and you are too so maybe thats what she meant. :lol: Sometimes the “aura” of a person will put you in the mind of another. :yes:

• Ty

I aint no hater (cepting of Vannah) or nothing but Rasheeda was born in 82?
      Nope her first single came out in 82 :coffee:

I’m so hot fya shootin out my azz hole

*twists mouf* STop lying @Razz!

It really says that?
      ———
      :yes:

And her “wikipage” said she was born in 80 :rofl:

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

:hug: @ Boot. Whoo, WHOo, WHOO!

@ Shaun..She really said that shyt.

@ Razzle…I used to get I look like: Left Eye, Toni Braxton, Janet Jackson, Kerry Washington and Gabrielle Union. I don’t think I look like any of them and I don’t see a common feature betwen any of them. They don’t look anything like each other either. :shrug:

• KyCakes

My ghetto ass cousin said yesterday “It’s a shame what they did to George Zimmerman…kicking him out of the company he started…

I :rofl: Than explained to her that the Men’s Warehouse cat is George Zimmer; the murderer of Trayvon Martin was George Zimmerman :rollseyes:

:dead: :d e a d: I said.

OH and Teresa Randle. :no:

Well they must have recently changed that wiki page again because it used to say 80 :lol:

OTB-maybe that’s what she meant. When she said it I laughed and said thank you. I’ve also been said to look like Angela Simmons, Ms Robyn Fenty, and Wendy Raquel whatsherface when she was on The Steve Harvey Show when I wore my hair short like that… :no:

• lovezoe

Rasheeda got to be late thirties/early forties. Her and Kirk look about the same age range and dude got a 22 year old.

Bootcampgirl says:

Hey OTB,
      __________________________________________________

@ Razzle….Maybe it’s the hair. I always get Left Eye when I wear bangs. :yes:

KyCakes says:

I Than explained to her that the Men’s Warehouse cat is George Zimmer; the murderer of Trayvon Martin was George Zimmerman
      ————
      :rofl: WTF ?

CUZ! :hug:

KyCakes says:

___________________________________________________

Damn shame :lol:

• http://youtu.be/mak76-CMvus kingstonn

——
      :dead:

MzDimplez1123 says:

@ Razzle….Maybe it’s the hair. I always get Left Eye when I wear bangs.
      ———–
      I just know I got offended when I was said to look like Angela Simmons…this was back before she was frolicking on the beach all the time.

_________

Why :facepalm:

:newpost: on Aaron Hernandezzzzzzzzz!

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

One good thing to come of today’s SCOTUS decision: now your gay husbands can divorce you and go marry their gay lovers for federal benefits.

• Miany

^^ :rofl: I do think they did George Zimmer wrong, he shouldn’t have sold his company tho.

• OutsidetheBox

:rofl: :rofl: Girll you have to find something you like about her and embrace it! When someone here was like you look like niecy nash and said it all slur-y i was like, “hole up.. :huh: ” but then :thankyou: I think Neicy is funny and I dont look like her but i’ll accept the correelation gracefully.

• OutsidetheBox

Girl look at you keeping their glasses half full. :thankyou: :hug:

Fam! :hug:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

• Kingtmo

Wait, you mean to tell me she fugged the bro?..Wtf