Lil Wayne Plans to Retire After ‘Carter 5′ Album

Lil Wayne Plans to Retire

It looks like our prayers have been answered: rapper Lil Wayne, 30, plans to retire after he releases his final solo album, Carter V, reports Rap-Up.com.

“I want to retire after the Carter V, which I hope would be my last album,” he said during an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Tuesday.

Weezy said he plans to spend “quality time” with his 4 kids including Reginae, his 14-year-old daughter with former wife and reality TV personality Toya Wright.

Wayne has plans to release other albums prior to the release of Carter V including Like Father, Like Son 2 with Birdman.

His well-publicized health problems also play a part in Lil Wayne’s retirement.

He said Miami heat star LeBron James reached out to him during his latest hospitalization for recurrent seizures. But he doesn’t plan on attending any Miami Heat games if the NBA Finals returns to Miami where he owns a home.

“They did tell me that I’m allowed back whenever I want, but I don’t think they want me there, so I won’t make it hard on either of us,” he said.

Weezy also addressed his comments about sleeping with Chris Bosh’s wife (“I was too turnt up that night”) and his love for skateboarding.

Watch the interview below.

Photo: Noel Vasquez/Getty Images

96 Responses to “Lil Wayne Plans to Retire After ‘Carter 5′ Album”

God I hope so :tea: his voice is annoying, he partly the reason the radio is never turned on

which I hope would be my last album

This doesn’t sound promising :no:

NaijaGal says:

:shrug: oh…k

libra80sbaby says:

This gremlin lookin muhfugga :facepalm: :hurl:

Weezy also addressed his comments about sleeping with Chris Bosh’s wife (“I was too turnt up that night”) <— :hahaha:

NOW WE SHALL WAIT FOR TRINIDAD JAMES, TYGA, 2 CHAINZ, WAKA FLOCKA, BEYONCE, NICKI MINAJ, GUCCI MANE, RIHANNA, BEIBER TO ANNOUNCE THEIR RETIREMENTS :coffee:

MoniquetheGeek says:

I want to retire after the Carter V
    ______________________________________
    Is he in the lab working on the Carter V now? If so, :yahoo: to retirement! I wish I could retire at 30 *le sigh*

Smonae says:

Retiring, he needs rehab :coffee:

iAmChan says:

If he cared anything about his “legacy,” he should have retired after The Carter 2, which is where he was at his best.

Gigi26 says:

Well after he dropped that line about Satan he lost me…well he lost me after he started talking about martians n what not…

Lost negro.

Anyone hear about the Kanye interview with the NYT?! HILARITY!!!! :rofl:

MsB2u says:

He is way over due

Smonae says:

He just soo damn ugly I wanna fight him :mad:
    lil ninja just keeps assaulting my eyes :cry:

Aryanna says:

It looks like our prayers have been answered:

________________________________________________

Sandra you are so funny lol. Sad thing is.. he is really talented.. His just started acting crazy these past couple of years. He aint never been a cute guy but them drugs has def made him look even uglier

Betamax82 says:

My daddy ain’t my daddy UOENO :lol: that vid is hilarious

iAmChan says:

:cosign: But the problem is most of these entertainers carry the FALSE notion that their reign on the top will LAST forever (beyonce, wayne, rihanna to name a few) so therefore they WILL HAVE TO LITERALLY HIT ROCK BOTTOM before they realize its time TO TAKE A BREAK, and do something else. YOU CAN ALWAYS COME BACK.

GiGI- Kanye telling the paps don’t ever speak? :lol:

Lawd be a slice of buttered toast this morning!!! :wail:

San says:

:wail: Take me to retirement with you!

anw_rootbeer says:

he has been a star all his life, MOST people who r, r craay! His music still makes me turn up though lol

:offtopic: 2chains look like an ole corny azz ninja for real :hahaha: :lol: Carry on :pigsfly:

San says:

————–
    I concur, he’s got decent albumbs. Then he just started having fun with it so the content got crazy. Fcuk with em tho

Paige says:

Good. Enough is enough.

All I saw was Lebron James :love:

San says:

Bey did take a leave of absence but ppl forget that. Everyone has their time

Take me to retirement with you!

:thankyou:

Be looking at my 401K like :huh: Imma be here forever :wallslide:

Bey did take a leave of absence but ppl forget that. Everyone has their time

MmmBOP. Thx. And Chile cheese. Folk should retire from telling her to retire. :lol:

MissTaken says:

I hope Lil Weeny gets better. I really used to like him buy now every rap is PU$$y this and that. Ugh. As for Lebron reaching out :applause: He is a good guy and hate that he gets crucified for no reason

iAmChan says:

All I saw was Lebron James

—-

Sandra gon cut you over her mayne.

PumpkinsMama says:

I’ssssssssssss FREEEEEEEEEEEE :thankyou:

Hey errrrrrrrrybody!!!! :waves:

damn i wish I could RETIRE and actually DO SHYT I LOVE TO DO like TRAVEL. THAT GREEN MONSTER CALLED ENVY HAS BIT ME :wail:

MissTaken says:

Notice he didn’t take back sleeping with Adrienne or minimize her scheming ways :tea: but she happy now so :shrugs:

WUT IZ THA PROBLEM!? says:

CREEEEPY CRAWLERZZZ! That’s all I got when it comes to this bug…

Rihanna takes a leave of absence everytime she visits the emergency room. People must forget about that. :tea:

MissHarlem says:

:yahoo:

:danban:

:partyhat:

Speaking of Kanye..

:offtopic: Model Leyla Ghobadi says she had sex with Kanye West while he was dating the reality star, including when Kim was pregnant.

Leyla Ghobadi, a raven-haired model WHO RESEMBLES Kim Kardashian, is claiming that Kanye West had an affair with her and he’s only been dating Kim to help build his fan base.

:tea: *bold emphasis mine.

libra80sbaby says:

I cannot believe most folks STILL have not caught that “these heauxs love me like satan” line in that song. :nono: Naw bruh…

San says:

MmmBOP. Thx. And Chile cheese. Folk should retire from telling her to retire
    —————-
    :biggrin:

He is a good guy and hate that he gets crucified for no reason

:huh: Thanks for the compliment. :tea:

robin says:

He will probablys till be featured on enuf songs it will be as if he never left. Weird thing I actually saw him in Miami and he was surprising really nice and respectful. Completely caught me off guard.

MissHarlem says:

my ears now can be happy :headphone:

Morning All :coffee:

PumpkinsMama says:

:dance: :woohoo: :buttshake:

Be missin you crazy heffas (and handful of dudes) :wail:

Sandra gon cut you over her mayne.

:hahaha: :hide:

San says:

I dont know about that Kanye stuff, easy to believe when ppl been spectulatin on them since the beginning. She needth to take a piece of the D and go sit down somewhere.

Hell truth be told he coulda left the entire game after the Sqad Up mixtape series and I don’t think anybody woulda been sad about it :rofl:

Cause Carter I and II (the best ones..) was really just a long azz Sqad Up remix IMO.

Oh :coffee:

but she happy now so

:hahaha: :tea: Feet kicked up, nurturing her womb. Agane.

San says:

—————
    :tea::lol:

:offtopic:

A 5 year old who’s family survived the OK tornadoes was staying with a family friend. The families 150 poung Bull Mastiff mistook the boy’s tantrum for a threat and mauled him to death.

:cry:

Str8tUpMenace says:

:thankyou: Gawd!!!!!!!!

iAmChan says:

@ Pumpkin

Who was holding u hostage?

capricorn83 says:

Bey didtake a leave of absence but ppl forget that. Everyone has their time

MmmBOP. Thx. And Chile cheese. Folk should retire from telling her to retire.

————————————–

:rofl: but agree!!

Str8tUpMenace says:

Good morn-ting Ladies & Gents :hug: & :kiss:

MissHarlem says:

^^ Sure was not to mention the material was the same with the exception of a couple of songs. Either that or they leaked his album on the mixtape :coffee:

PumpkinsMama says:

Chan :kiss: The “Spesha” People at the spesha ppl house :bounce:
    :wail:

San, I’m saying though… quick IV hydrate, bed rest, antibiotics, and other drugs and she’s on her way to work again. :lol:

Dat’s my bish though :D Hubby still refuses to get me tix to see her… :(

Miany says:

@That_Va… :( that’s so sad. Poor kid and poor family have to deal with a real tragedy in the wake of a natural disaster.

“This is going to destroy the Kardashian family,” Leyla told S t a r. “It’s bad. It’s really bad. It’s just embarrassing. But if I were Kim and about to have a baby, I would want to know.” :tea:

Their reported romance began in July 2012 when the rapper allegedly spotted Leyla dancing to “Mercy” in the front row at Revel’s Ovation Hall in Atlantic City. Kim was seated in a VIP box.

“He invited me back to his hotel room, but I refused, as I felt it was too rushed,” Leyla said.

:huh: She a fukking lay-dee… *tosses her hair*

LMFAOOO did that b!tch use KANYE’s line to sing of her humping with him. :ghost: This is bad, real bad…Michael Jackson bad @’Ye!

San says:

While Leyla says her only reasons for making the claims are to do the right thing by Kim, adding: “This is going to destroy the Kardashian family.
    ————————-
    Do right, but you claim to fcuk her dude. I can’t with this foolery today

Gigi26 says:

I cannot believe most folks STILL have not caught that “these heauxs love me like satan” line in that song. Naw bruh…
    —————————————
    I SURE DID. No longer listen to that song or am a supporter of his foolishness. Sorry, you drop ANY LINE referring to the DEVIL I know what you about.

PPL forget what Lucifer was known for before he was banished by the Lord :tea:

MissTaken says:

He is a good guy and hate that he gets crucified for no reason______
    Thanks for the compliment.
    by OutsidetheBox on Jun 12, 2013 at 10:47 am
    ________
    Girl bye :lol: Ain’t nobody studying Lebron “Old in the face fit on the waist” James

MissHarlem says:

STR8T/MIRS where the hell you been :waiting:

PM :woot:

PM! :kiss: :hump:

That’s sad, could no one get to the baby in time while he was having his tantrum leading up to being attacked?

Makes my heart hurt. NO big doggies for us. :no:

capricorn83 says:

Speaking of Kanye..

Model LeylaGhobadi says she had sex with Kanye West while he was dating the reality star, including when Kim was pregnant.

LeylaGhobadi, araven-haired model WHO RESEMBLES Kim Kardashian, is claiming that Kanye West had an affair with her and he’s only been dating Kim to help build his fan base.

————————————-

To add on to the :offtopic:

Excerpts from his NYT interview…

On his girlfriend Kim Kardashian: “Any woman that you’re in love with or that loves you is going to command a certain amount of, you know, energy. It’s actually easier to focus, in some ways….I’m the type of rock star that likes to have a girlfriend, you know? I’m the type of soul that likes to be in love and likes to be able to focus. And that inspires me.”

On the backlash he received after appearing on “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” and had Kim throw out her while closet: “That was from a place of love. It’s hard when people read things in a lot of different ways. You know, the amount of backlash I got from it is when I decided to not be on the show anymore. And it’s not that I have an issue with the show; I just have an issue with the amount of backlash that I get. Because I just see like, an amazing person that I’m in love with that I want to help.”

On his impending fatherhood: “One of the things was just to be protective, that I would do anything to protect my child or my child’s mother. As simple as that….I just don’t want to talk to America about my family. Like, this is my baby. This isn’t America’s baby.”

On his beef with the Grammys: “I don’t know if this is statistically right, but I’m assuming I have the most Grammys of anyone my age, but I haven’t won one against a white person. But the thing is, I don’t care about the Grammys; I just would like for the statistics to be more accurate.”

On how his life struggles (like his mother dying in 2007) have affected his music: “Creative output, you know, is just pain. I’m going to be cliché for a minute and say that great art comes from pain. But also I’d say a bigger statement than that is: Great art comes from great artists. There’s a bunch of people that are hurt that still couldn’t have made the album that was super-polarizing and redefined the sound of radio.”

On knowing he was going to be a star: “I knew when I wrote the line “light-skinned friend look like Michael Jackson” [from the song “Slow Jamz”] I was going to be a big star. At the time, they used to have the Virgin music [stores], and I would go there and just go up the escalator and say to myself, “I’m soaking in these last moments of anonymity.” I knew I was going to make it this far; I knew that this was going to happen.”

Hey Cap :wave:

MIRSY! :2dance: :wave:

San says:

@Razzle right! Im back to work bishes, where my money at :nun:

MissHarlem says:

PPL forget what Lucifer was known for before he was banished by the Lord

^^ Let the church say AMMMMMMEEEEEENNNNNNNN

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    When I listen to Wayne my GO TO’S are SQ mixtape cuts. My 18 yo was like I aint never heard the version of these songs on the original Carter? :huh:

Cause they aint on the album… even tho they sound like they would FIT RIGHT IN. :coffee: She really cant grasp the concept of the mixtape/mix CD. I done tried.

San says:

Ain’t nobody studying Lebron “Old in the face fit on the waist” James
    ————–

PPL forget what Lucifer was known for before he was banished by the Lord
    —————-
    :yes:

Oh Mm Gee. :no: Noooo. RIP to the boy. Sheesh. I want a big dog too. The smell stops me. And the fact that my kids make lots of sudden moves too. The little poodle even gets tired. :|

Str8tUpMenace says:

MissHarlem says:

STR8T/MIRS where the hell you been

Heyyyyyyyy babes :hug: I started a job, so I’m not able to login as often. What’s shakin???

#salute

iAmChan says:

@ Pumpkin

You tell them spesha people at that spesha house that when I see em, imma punch em in the face twice.

waiting: on my BEDAZZLED orthopedic shoes says:

Makes my heart hurt. NO big doggies for us.
    From what I read, the wife was trying to comfort the little boy and the dog just saw his tantrum as a threat and just lunged for him. She tried to pry the dogs jaws open as she screamed for her husband but he bled to death by the time they got to the hospital. I say all the time, no matter HOW you raise these animals, spoil these animals, and how sweet and loving and kind they are TO YOU…they are territorial by nature. If anything threatens their territory (INCLUDING YOU) they will attack. Damn shame.

Girl bye Ain’t nobody studying Lebron “Old in the face fit on the waist” James

:hahaha: :grin:

Miany says:

^^ SOOOOOOO she tryna use her kitten to catch 15 minutes???? sounds really familiar……Either way, 1. something tells me Kim aint stuntin another slider (anyone fugging Kanye besides Tisci is considered a slider) 2. If the heaux wanted to ‘grow a hindsight conscience’ she coulda just called Kim as oppossed to callin the blogs but then again…..that’s just too much like right.

@MIRS :wail: Don’t leave meh like that any-t daggone more.

LAWD

*rolls in dirt like a nigra* :rofl:

Gigi26 says:

Man that ole hairy looking broad is hit in the face so Kanye obviously has a type now…them hairy, leather face broads :no:

But if I were Kim and about to have a baby, I would want to know.”
    ———–
    But why didn’t she try to get ahold of Kim instead of tellin it to the worl’??

She know’s what she’s doing.. :tea:

MissHarlem says:

DUBB only way to listen to his chit and it stops at that mixtape. I can even tolerate No Ceilings but after that :nono:

MIRS congrats boo glad you movin on up :yahoo:

Oh Mm Gee. Noooo. RIP to the boy. Sheesh. I want a big dog too. The smell stops me. And the fact that my kids make lots of sudden moves too. The little poodle even gets tired.
    I’own want no dog period. The kids take all my energy plus I don’t have to walk them and they go to the bathroom on their own. :lol:

Only dog I might ever get is like a short,fat lazy bulldog that just sits and looks.

MissHarlem says:

Im so over the fckin Kardchitians seriously. Ye is also annoyin my soul. And why none of yall bishes tell me that Kris is having her own talk show in July. WTF FOR LIKE WHY :wail: the world hates me I just know it

PPL forget what Lucifer was known for before he was banished by the Lord

I dont know many who have..and if they have they probably arent to worried about being right with God anyhow.

The lyrics is “Tunechi got that fire..And, these hoes love me like Satan..” Fire meaning ..or as I like to think, :lol: thats its more word play from wayne.. fire d!ck? fire weed? “Fireman” is one of his biggest bangers..?

And the hoes love me like satan.. :facepalm: Now..i feel yall…’fore ppl come in here talking out the side they neck…this is for the sake of discussion..if you cant “discuss”, poot broccoli..

This one is ..weird. But hell is none for fire…satan, I guess? loves fire…but the real imagery is in the video. This lyric is pointing back to the sex cult stuff in there imo. Project Monarch.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Well his boyfrenn Riccardo is hairy…but he aint leather faced…The Eye-talian designer mayne is kinda fione…

:kona:

Str8tUpMenace says:

@MIRS Don’t leave meh like that any-t daggone more.

LAWD

*rolls in dirt like a nigra*

:lol: Heyyy baby cakes *rat crawls for you*

I had to get up outta that hell hole of a job I was slaving for. Damn near caught a few cases cuz of them big azz miserable fat bishes, The Notorious P.I.G. and Big Pun

I knew I was going to make it this far; I knew that this was going to happen.”

I still like ‘Ye. :oops: :heart:

Goodbye worl. :ghost:

..if you cant “discuss”, poot broccoli..
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Heffa I hatechu for this :ghost: …I was reading and then got to THAT????

:chase:

Str8tUpMenace says:

Thanks Harlem :hug:

MissHarlem says:

OTB I coulda rolled with that if he didnt use satan as his go to reference lately in his songs. Song could be about lettuce and some way some how he gonna say that lettuce wet like pussy that love me like satan :huh: this be my face

The Notorious P.I.G.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This dayum blog got folks with some messed up co-workers.

@OTB got a female Balki.
    I forget who but they got the woman with the fugged up bawdee odors
    I got a tattle teller crybaby
    Notorious P.I.G.

No WONDER we be up here hawd during the work day. Tuned all the way out like :pc: fugg these folks here at this job…

I’m a cat lady. :lol: I had to get rid of mine cause my ppl superstitious. (cats take babies breath >>> kids. I have kept her numerous times and she has never went in my house, I let her out the front door..she run round and bark at all the dogs thats locked up and we do that a couple times a day. I think getting a “smart” dog can be challenging but in the long run, they look after themselves. Not like kitties tho. Nothing compares to kitties. :heart:

The Notorious P.I.G. and Big Pun

:hahaha: So wait..you done left them rats wh owe gonna laugh at now? You got some new prospects on this job? :lol:

Heffa I hatechu for this …I was reading and then got to THAT????

I’m is kind. :nun: I coulda told they asses to sit and spin.. :huh:

*runs* :hahaha:

NaijaGal says:

:newpost: is up yall

OTB I coulda rolled with that if he didnt use satan as his go to reference lately in his songs. Song could be about lettuce and some way some how he gonna say that lettuce wet like pussy that love me like satan this be my face

:hahaha: I feel you, friend. Pussy and satan. :yes: You hit it spot on about his content…or lack thereof.

LMAO @wet lettuce. Owwwww. :lol: