B Scott

Openly gay celebrity blogger B. Scott is still fuming after being kicked off the BET Awards red carpet for dressing like a woman.

In a post on his blog, Scott said BET asked him to be the fashion correspondent for the Style Stage during the “106 and Park” Pre-Show as part of the 2013 BET Awards live telecast on Sunday. But Scott said the organizers objected to his feminine attire and “physically” dragged him off the red carpet forcing him to change out of his Prada pumps into more manly shoes.

BET apologized on Monday, but Scott, who runs the popular Love B. Scott blog, rejected the “half hearted” apology.

“I want a real apology from BET. This was a not a mutual misunderstanding or miscommunication. I pride myself on being very professional,” he said in an interview Tuesday.

BET called the incident “a singular one with a series of unfortunate miscommunications from both parties. We regret any unintentional offense to B. Scott and anyone within the LGBT community and we seek to continue embracing all gender expressions.”

In an open letter to BET on his blog, Scott said “They asked me to pull my hair back, they asked me to change my attire.

“Let’s be clear, I wasn’t wearing a ball gown and stiletto heels. I was wearing long pants, and a long shirt.”

Scott said he was forced to change quickly in his trailer while a producer stood guard outside to approve his attire. “I was hurt. I am hurt,” Scott wrote.

Scott has dressed in feminine attire for other hosting duties on BET Network in the past without a problem. “I feel as though at the last minute that someone at BET wasn’t comfortable with someone like me,” Scott wrote.

“I initially didn’t want to talk about this situation because I was truly embarrassed. But, I feel that it’s important to know that no matter how you choose to express yourself, it is okay to be who you are.”

96 Responses to “Blogger B. Scott rejects BET’s apology for forcing him to change his feminine attire”

he hould be REJEcTED! :rolleyes:

dabunique says:

I don’t understand, if u kno who she be and what she be about, why hire her, make her go thru da motions, then change it
    BET always takin two steps back

Im sick and tired of SEEING men in pumps and dressed as women.Its FcuKing up these KiDS!

I mean he still looked like a pretty QUEEN so whats the problem :shrugs: My mom absolutely ADORED his pretty ass :lol:

Nakeya_j says:

That church outfit he had on was not for the awards anyway.

Nakeya_j says:

—–
    :cosign:

luVn_liFe… says:

AGREED. OLE school gays aint about that life. MOST of them CANT STAND flaming gay men.

~
    ~
    I cant stand em Either.

lovezoe says:

I am not a fan of the persona, but they KNEW how B. Scott get down. He was on Chef Roble queening out.

Its BbbbbbbbbbbBBb Scotttttt…

NC STAND UP :yahoo:

LOVE B. Scott. :love:

Kristen Stewart is so STANK looKiNg

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

While I don’t like men dressing as women and vice versa BET knew who they were hiring. Why even ask him to be a part of the show when you KNOW how he rolls? That’s like my precious Lakers asking EJ Antoinette to host the pregame shoot around and then getting mad when his Jimmy Choo’s scrape and dent in the court floors. :no:

lovezoe says:

I will say that is recap of Scarlett Takes a Tumble had me tickled even years later.

Trendsetter says:

Recap of The Game please….somebody…anybody

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

1. luVn_liFe… says: Kristen Stewart is so STANK looking
    I tried to watch those Twillight movies but she is just so sour looking and smelling I just can’t see the fascination with her. And then the boy she dates took her boy looking self back after she cheated. He must have low self-esteem. :stop:

Miany says:

shiiii have a seat. When you wanna go on national tv dressed how you want, OWN YO OWN DAMN Network :rolleyes: always talking bout this who I am no the fudduck it aint….so sick of the over done shiiii be gay if u want you can take pipe and kiss oda dudes without dressing like a woman. Adhere to the dayum dress codes and standards of those who employ/contract you or stay yo azz home. :applause: good call BET (I NEVER applaude dey azz but, they was right)

iyonah says:

Good Morning All :waves:

So Glad the holiday falls midweek!! No comment on topic, and I would like a game recap. I am a bit behind, haven’t watched since midseason last season.

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

Trendsetter says: Recap of The Game please….somebody…anybody
    _________________________
    Everybody keeps talking about Kelly Pitts so they might as well bring her back
    Tasha Mack is a old skeezer. Pookie left her. Rick Foxx accepted her
    Blue and NewNew still aren’t speaking.
    That really was it. Not good. Not bad. They could have shown this weeks ago :shrugs:

Miany says:

shiiii have a seat. When you wanna go on national tv dressed how you want, OWN YO OWN DAMN Network always talking bout this who I am no the fudduck it aint….so sick of the over done shiiii be gay if u want you can take pipe and kiss oda dudes without dressing like a woman. Adhere to the dayum dress codes and standards of those who employ/contract you or stay yo azz home. good call BET (I NEVER applaude dey azz but, they was right)
    __________________________

:cosign:

Shay_OH says:

Morning Err’body. :waves:

NOTHING special happened in the game :coffee: POOKY left TASHA, RICK and TASHA are together, I MEAN who didn’t see that coming

Nakeya_j says:

Miany says:

——
    See I got to right there^^^ and died. But she right though. hahahahahah

lovezoe says:

Trend- Started right where it left off. Pookie yanking up Jason. Jason told Pookie that Tasha sleeping with Rick. They leave, but not after Jason finds some coins on the floor and takes them. Pookie ask Tasha, she stuttering. He say call him, she calls and Rick like where you at? So Pookie get upset and leaves, Rick hears the whole conversation on speakerphone.

Chardonnay and Jason are fussing. He tells her if you hang with pigs long enough you get comfortable in the dirt. He says Chardonnay condoned the cheating so she okay with it, they fussing. Then she ask if he still loves Kelly, he turns the argument back to her.

Malik sees Keira in the club and they both mad at Blue. Then he sees Blue, Blue says Kira didn’t tell him she was a V. Malik is not mad, saying she should have said something.

Tasha manages to finally see Pookie. He said he figures her, but they are through being friends and everything. He said don’t call me Pookie, call me Marion. Later on, Malik comes over to get Pookie ring. Tasha got Rick moving in. Damaged goods.

MsB2u says:

Good Morning everybody :waves:

Cubarican says:

Kristen Stewart is so STANK looKiNg

______________________________

Isn’t she tho??? Why you look so mad all the dayum time??? Have a coke and a smile.

I did NOt Know Bruce willis had a young 6 month old baby,my gawd.

Kourtney K lOOks so haggard and tired;sheesh!
    decided NO MORE BAMBINOS,if en they do that to YA

Morning SHAY_OH,loveZOE,NakeYah, iyonah,CuBaRican,MsB2U,TREND :kiss:

Cubarican says:

:hi: Ms B

Cubarican says:

Good mernin Luvn! :waves:

Pookie dissed the entire fugg outta Tasha Mack. I was so dayum glad.

Cry bish. << what I was saying to the TV

AND by the WAY . . . COT daYum what size pumps does B.Scott wear?? Are they Custom made??

Morning Roses!!! :waves:

PSA: Because I’m at work today… I DO NOT intend to be shyt AT ALL… :ea: This PSA was brought to you by the letter P and the National Association for Rachet Behavior… Now back to your regularly scheduled program :D

Recap of The Game please….somebody…anybody
    ________

Folks still watch this :huh: Oh OK :kona:

Trendsetter says:

Thanks Miss Taken and Lovezoe :hug:

libra80sbaby says:

:rollseyes: I don’t understand why :gay: people have to dress like the opposite sex. Yeen gotta do all that to be gay. If u a woman, dress and behave like one. If you a man, dress and behave like one. Then :hump: whomever you please. you know, like NORMAL folks do

Trendsetter says:

Pookie dissed the entire fugg outta Tasha Mack. I was so dayum glad.

Cry bish. << what I was saying to the TV

lol

Recap of The Game please….somebody…anybody
    ________
    Folks still watch this Oh OK
    ———————–
    Apparently :kona:

libra80sbaby says:

Being Mary Jane was dare I say…. :applause: Pretty darn good!!!

The changed outfit was actually better. I don’t feel one way or the other about it. He could of simply walked away from the opportunity. They knew who they were hiring. So they can be mad at each other!

If B Scott was/is so outraged he shouldn’t have accept the check and kept his self respect. Instead, he changed and got the exposure he wanted. Now, he wants to spin in it for more exposure. Strategic!

libra80sbaby says:

What confuses me is how Gabby can kiss and grind with all them foine men and get back home to uck azz D. Wade and get aroused?? :shrugs:

libra80sbaby says:

Being Mary Jane was dare I say…. Pretty darn good!!!

—————————————

:eek: Fa serious???? Or have you been raiding Diva’s likka cabinet at 9am??? :thinking:

****************************

There is a huge difference between sexual orientation and gender identification.

bnatural says:

Morning folks! :waves:

The Game and Being Mary Jane were pretty good last night

MsB2u says:

Cubarican
    :hi:

bnatural says:

————

San says:

@Miany, I still don’t watch that show :lol:
    On Topic: Um yea he should have been forced to change :wtf:

San says:

I miss Kelly, ol simple tail :wail:

libra80sbaby says:
    Being Mary Jane was dare I say…. Pretty darn good!!!
    —————————————
    Fa serious???? Or have you been raiding Diva’s likka cabinet at 9am???
    ———————
    :yes: I was good to me. Them men Mary Jane was smashin are FOINE

San says:

They kill me with those wide ass shoulders and lil chicken legs. Got the nerves to be switching

Them men Mary Jane was smashin are FOINE

—————————–

Ahhhhh I get it now :thumbsup:

therapist1911 says:

libra80sbaby says:
    I don’t understand why people have to dress like the opposite sex. Yeen gotta do all that to be gay. If u a woman, dress and behave like one. If you a man, dress and behave like one. Then whomever you please. you know, like NORMAL folks do
    ****************************
    ———————-
    a person’s gender is chosen at conception. You don’t get to choose what gender you wanna be :tea:

San says:

—————————–

Like homeboy on Catfish last night :rofl:

San says:

“They asked me to pull my hair back, they asked me to change my attire.
    ———
    Sound like a particular dress code to me. Wanna wear heels to work, get your own or get your operation :tea:

Carrington says:

Maybe , for a change, BET is listening to fans, or possibly OTHER gay people who are sick and tired of being sick and tired that the ONLY representation of gay black men in the media are men, seemingly trapped in women’s bodies.

Maybelline. Pumps. Weave.

Maybe people in general have tired of it. Be yourself. Absolutely. But where is the balance? Where is the fair and balanced positive gay alternative to the alternative?

San says:

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

Like homeboy on Catfish last night
    ————-
    Oh Snap I gotta watch that ish… I’ll comment on that later, I been waiting

FuturedocDonte says:

B Scott is a walking ball of confusion :coffee:

~
    ~
    Not these daYs.Mofos done lost they daMn Minds!

San says:

~
    ~
    Not these daYs.Mofos done lost they daMn Minds!

———-
    Don’t make nobody mad today :tea:

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

Not these daYs.Mofos done lost they daMn Minds!

——————–

:no: C’mon Luvn its too early to get this started :kona:

nybrn2 says:

Loved Mary Jane last night!! Some of the scenes were extra!!! Ol’ tatted boy was fiiiiiiine!!!! Loved when Gabby thought she was going to deliver some info to the wife and the wife read Gabby like a book!!!! Lol

The Game was pretty good— Pookie from Richmond basically told Tasha to kick rocks and keep it moving!!!

luVn_liFe… says:

~
    ~
    Not these daYs.Mofos done lost they daMn Minds!

+ 1

Don’t make nobody mad today

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

Not these daYs.Mofos done lost they daMn Minds!

——————–

C’mon Luvn its too early to get this started
    :huh:
    wHAT did I Say,did I miss something??
    Im CONFRuZZed.
    who mad?
    WHy?

——————————–

I can give you about $17,182,000 reasons how :tea: Don’t believe me ask Adrienne Bosh :D

The Reverend Priestess Prophetess Pastor Bishop Mother Pope of the Church of BLACK Jeesus Pickachu Tran says:
    ~
    ~
    How does WADE get Aroused by her?? Ehhh
    OH YEaH . . He DOESNT! tis Why he :lick: and :hump: all them other fOlKs

therapist1911 says:

****************************
    ———————-

**************************

I think we all know that biologically and physically one can choose what gender however mentally (social/emotionally) there is such a “disorder” that a person can experience.

luVn_liFe… says:

Don’t make nobody mad today
    Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:
    Not these daYs.Mofos done lost they daMn Minds!
    ——————–
    C’mon Luvn its too early to get this started

wHAT did I Say,did I miss something??
    Im CONFRuZZed.
    who mad?
    WHy?

—————————–

:scared: *whispers* The gay agenda convos that will follow :kona:

:peace: <– TWO Middle Fangas to the GAY AGENDA.
    :nana:

“But, I feel that it’s important to know that no matter how you choose to express yourself, it is okay to be who you are”

But who you ARE, is a man! YOU ARE A BOY DAMON!!!! There is a difference between who you are and how you want to dress. I am tired of the Derek J’s and Miss Lawrence’s. OVER IT! I used to love to be entertained by a good queen, in moderation, but it’s overkill these days.

aaryn Gries — the Paula Deen of the “Big Brother” house — has been dropped by her modeling agency after dropping racist and homophobic comments in the BB house ..

Gries has been under fire for referring to a gay houseguest as a “queer” … AND for telling an Asian-American houseguest to “shut up and go and make some rice” … AND for saying racist stuff about black people.

When referring to a black contestant, Aaryn said “Be careful what you say in the dark, you might not be able to see that b*tch.”

:shank:
    bish

:newpost:

that_VA_thickchick says:

—————————
    :applause:
    Furthermore, BET hired you to do a JOB. There is a dress code at MOST jobs and either you abide by the dress code or stand ya ass in the unemployment line. The gays are getting waaaay too much attention :tea:

luVn_liFe… says:

Did you see “Catfish” last night? Social engineering at its best. :no:

that_VA_thickchick says:

—————————

Agreed. If you’re gay, be gay and go sit down. I’own curr.

SunnyK says:

Ehh BET Hired him KNOWING how he already Dress so they ALREADY knew what were getting into! If the man wanna dress in heels so be it! I dont see how its “Hurting the kids” If you as a PARENT PARENT your kids correctly they shouldnt be influenced by the Media! Seesh

libra80sbaby says:

Being Mary Jane was dare I say…. :applause: Pretty darn good!!!

My favorite scene was when Mary’s messy ass told her ex-lover’s wife that she was fugging her husband twice a week. The wife was like, ‘And what do you expect me to do with that information?’ Mary’s face was like :blink: Then the wife said she was staying with her man. I said “YESSS!” :yahoo: The children need a father. She knew he was a snake when she picked him up.

therapist1911 says:

I don’t understand why people have to dress like the opposite sex.

Because they’re confused.

Carrington says:

I guess I’m going to have to check out this Being Mary Jane Blige.

I’m just happy that we’re getting back to scripted shows and hiring black actors. Unlike Tyler Perry who hires women who can’t act and men he finds attractive. THIS mf has put the “ain’t nobody got time for Dat” lady in his new film. WTF?!?!

I’m sick of reality shows and the ignorant black women who become a representation of black women whether you WANT them fools to be, or not. So, all of that, “I love Nene. She keeps it real.” keeps setting YOUR real a$$ back.

therapist1911 says:

I don’t understand why people have to dress like the opposite sex.

Because they’re confused.
    *******************************

That wasn’t my comment Sandra. That was Libra’s comment, my answer to that was Gender Identity Disorder.

therapist1911 says:

therapist1911 says:
    I don’t understand why people have to dress like the opposite sex.
    Because they’re confused.
    *******************************
    ———————
    :yes:

RegyBery says:

it is okay to be who you are.”
    ^^
    This is totally incorrect. If I was a killer, would that b ok? If I was a molester, would that b ok? #repentance

iyonah says:

^^
    Fine point :yes:

Thanks for The game recap. I was always here for Tasha and Rick Fox, but I liked her with Pookie too :(

iyonah says:

^^
    Agreed!

West Coast Chick says:

maybe Im not reading this right… this MAN was embarrassed becuase BET told him he needed to dress like a MAN??? :blink:

Lady_L says:

luVn_liFe… says:

—————————-

:thankyou:

and to be honest, he looked better dressed into the outfit he changed into.. JMO

Lady_L says:

Carrington says:

I guess I’m going to have to check out this Being Mary Jane Blige.

——————————-

Lady_L says:

Lodak says:

I’m over non-celebs trying to gain some status with the big boys, then getting mad when they are shown their place (Perez/will.i.am comes to mind). I didn’t even know who this man was before this nonstory broke. His look is hideous.

Lodak says:

Lady_L asks: I’m not from ATL, and don’t mean to offend anyone who is.. I’ve never been to ATl, but do a lot of the gay men there dress in heels and pumps? serious question, because the gay men where I live don’t do that….
    __________________________________

No, we don’t. It’s called a stereotype. All black folks don’t smoke crack/drink malt liquor/twerk either.

Pointhim Out-Stewart says:

I dont like seeing him dressec as a guy. I wondered why he looked so dry and bland. Hes not comfortable without his makeup and pumps. BET gets the gas face forthat.

iscream says:

Didn’t the Grammy enforce a dress code? They didn’t issue an apology. It’s a shame how the gay mafia brings ppl to their knees. They are a bunch of bullies..

miss g says:

B. Scott actually lives in my neighborhood in LA and I’ve never seen that man walking around looking ‘feminine.’ He’s actually pretty masculine, long-hair aside.

This post makes me sad because it’s awfully homophobic. You guys are the worst! I am disgusted and this is finally why I stop reading this blog. I can deal with Sandra’s self-hate, but knowing all these amazing posters whom I found hilarious are all so homophobic broke the camels back.

SOCIETY is the one who dictates that people have to look a certain way, and everyday, people sacrifice their bodies to look that way in order to represent that.

All in all, your ignorance and homophobia aside – the worst part of it is that you’re passing it to your kids. This would be a great opportunity to explain to your kids that dressing the part does NOT make one a man. What makes a man a man is responsibility, is God, not how they dress.

Just because society forced YOU do be a certain way doesn’t mean everyone else has to either. Gendercentric clothing is a myth, saying ‘act like a woman’ is no different from the ignorant a**holes who

Y’all are flat out pathetic talking about people like B Scott are messing up your kids, no boo boo, YOU are. Be responsible for your damn child and teach your child diversity. Right now you guys are no different that racists – just because someone doesn’t look/talk like you does not mean they’re not a good person.

Grow up for your kids sake

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

Two choices stay & get with their program or leave- bottom line :coffee: I’m glad so fed up with the shenanigans