Christy Sims

Decades ago, the weapon of choice for vindictive high school girls was common household drain cleaner containing weapons grade sulfuric acid.

The mean girls would sneak the liquid into school and fling it in the face of their enemies, then stand by and watch the girl’s face melt off. Some states wised up and required a plumber’s or contractor’s ID to buy drain cleaners containing almost 100 percent sulfuric acid. Georgia is not one of those states.

A Henry County woman recently woke up after 2 months in a drug-induced coma. Christy Sims, 43, told Channel 2 Action News that her ex-boyfriend intentionally threw drain cleaner into her face because she was about to break up with him. The divorced mother of 2 is encouraged that Henry County police recently opened an investigation in her case.

Despite multiple surgeries, Sims’ face is horribly disfigured and her upper torso and arms were also burned by the caustic liquid.

“My entire face has been destroyed. My body is destroyed. I’m burned over 20 percent of my body,” Sims told Channel 2’s Tom Regan.

Christy Sims

Sims said the incident happened at her Henry County home in April. She said her ex-boyfriend, who wasn’t identified in a report on Channel 2’s website, called her into the bathroom to bring him a towel. When she arrived in the doorway, she said she saw him standing in a pool of water and holding a bowl in his hands. In the brief seconds that it took her brain to process the scene, she feared something was about to happen.

“He didn’t actually fall, he just jerked forward and took the bowl and doused it in my face,” Sims recalled.

Screaming in pain, Sims ran to the sink to rinse off her face. “Please call 911, please call 911,” Sims yelled to him as he mumbled something about an accident.

In the 911 call obtained by Channel 2 Action News, the 911 operator can be heard telling the man to put Sims in the shower. This advice was repeated several times by the 911 operator, but the man apparently ignored it.

“We were just putting it in the toilet and we slipped,” the man told the 911 operator. You can then hear him speaking to Sims in the background, “Sit down, baby, sit down,” he said.

“This is Henry County 911 – is she in the shower?” the 911 operator asked.

“No,” the man replied.

“Where is she now?” asked the 911 operator.

“She is on the floor,” he replied.

“Did it get in her eyes as well?” the 911 operator asked.

“Is it in your eyes?” the man asked Sims.

“Yes,” Sims responded.

“It sounds like she needs to get in the shower,” the operator instructed.

“I found out later, 911 poison control told him to rinse me off and I kept telling him please, my skin,” Sims told Regan. “He said, they said to sit down and wait for the ambulance because if you rinse yourself off, you’re going to ignite the chemical,” said Sims.

“He made it to look like an accident. But [if] you think about it, why would you put drain cleaner in a bowl? Why would there be so much water on the floor, when there was no water in the tub unless you put it there. I don’t think he was trying to kill me, I think he was trying to make me unattractive because he doused it right in my face,” Sims said.

Christy Sims

The brand of drain cleaner used in the attack contains 93% sulfuric acid. According to the company website, the drain cleaner “Quickly dissolves grease, hair, paper, food, rags and other organic obstructions.”

“These chemicals don’t take very long once they are in contact with the skin to start causing trouble,” Gaylord Lopez managing director of the Georgia Poison Center told Regan. “It’s critical to get the poisons off the skin and out of the eyes. Out of the mouth,” Lopez continued.

Channel 2 unwisely named the brand of drain cleaner, but the station didn’t name the spineless coward who used it as a weapon.

According to Channel 2, a magistrate judge recently denied an arrest warrant request citing lack of evidence of intent. But Sims vows to keep fighting for justice.

“I have kids. I have a 10-year-old and a 13-year-old. They need me. There is no way I’m laying down. There is no way… I’m fighting,” Sims said.

Donations to help Christy Sims pay her medical bills can be made here.

• Police hunt man who carjacked woman and attempted to use her ATM card 15 times at the same ATM machine
  • Police: 20-year-old woman faked ‘KKK’ hate crime
  • Former NFL player arrested on charges of beating Olympic star
  • Did Beyonce break the law by showing her ballot?

Damn :shock:

• lovezoe

How incredibly sad. Folks are just punks these days. Someone don’t want you, MOVE THE HECK ON! It is not that serious.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKQ6nINAeq8 RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono:

This is so sad.. What an asshole. :no:

• MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba

:cry:

• MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba

by lovezoe on Jul 29, 2013 at 9:19 am
      _________
      AMEN!!

• lovezoe

Sandra, you see the pictures of Amanda Berry out this weekend? I am glad she is moving forward with her life.

• Anna

They named the brand of the drain cleaner, but not him. :smh:

Damn that’s messed up :no:

• Anna

lovezoe says:

~~~~~~~~
      I saw that. I was so happy.

lovezoe says:

:preach:

• lovezoe

She look like Monica in the first picture.

• FuturedocDonte

:no:

• Cubarican

What a coward! They need to put the acid on his peen and let that sit.

Take Care Christy Sims :hug:

Sometimes I feel that the punishment should be exactly what the person did, this is one of those times. Put him in the Drano, duck first. I’m mad at this, this ain’t right. :no:
      —–
      Roses, they are only trying to raise $75K, and if we all donate at least $2 or $5 each, and ask others to do the same, we can really help her. This is so sad!

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

lovezoe says:

Sandra, you see the pictures of Amanda Berry out this weekend?

Yes, I did. She has a boyfriend, too. She didn’t waste any time.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Anna says:

They named the brand of the drain cleaner, but not him.

Not only did they name the drain cleaner, they put up a picture in case you don’t know what it looks like. That was very irresponsible of Channel 2. I guess news is slow so they hope there will be more cases?

• lovezoe

Why must one look at the negatives? Hopefully, she has people around her who will make sure her best interests are taken care of.

• FuturedocDonte

They named the brand of the drain cleaner, but not him.

—-
      What kind of drain cleaner was it?

:warning: If yall can’t donate anything, please go to the page and copy/paste and put it up on your facebooks or twitter accounts… You never know who will be willing to help :tea:

:thumbsup: to you SR for helping!

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Doesn’t Talk To Strangers says:

Kudos to the Rose who donated! :thumbsup: I’ll click on the list of supporters later. I hope to see ALL of my Roses donate whatever you can to help Christy. :yes:

Zoe, hopefully they make a very good example out of this cat(maybe life in prison), so that others won’t even think about it!

• http://www.ejb.kitsylane.com The Reverend Priestess Prophetess Pastor Bishop Mother Pope of the Church of BLACK Jeesus Pickachu Tran

wow so sad :no: so many bishass men throwing acid.

Doc, you killed me this weekend when I saw that you said the chick downstairs had not only the pox, but the shingles too! :hahaha:

BBL :pigsfly:

• Apparition

I saw the documentary “Saving Face” a while back about this same type of sick act. Shyt almost made me cry.

• http://thegameonbetblog.tumblr.com/ Bird

That’s very unfortunate. The damage could have been less severe if she hopped in the shower right away. The fact that he didn’t instuct her to do that is very telling. But was the toilet actually stopped up? What excuse did he give for pouring it in a bowl? Did the instructions tell him to do that? There has to be a reason he wasn’t charged.

By the way I don’t remember this ever being a weapon of choice for high shool girls.

• KyCakes

:eek:
      Jesus be a plastic surgeon!

This is so sad…vindictive, puzzy ass men… :no:

“I can’t have you so no one else will, either”

• Flawless

:no: I hate hearing stories like this, the world we live in .. smh

• The Pearl!

Good morning, Everyone. I heard her on V-103 as I was channel surfing the other day. Her story captivated me immediately. She said the man was becoming increasingly abusive and she’d made plans to leave him. She thinks he caught wind of her plans because her demeanor changed toward him. The fact that her word is not good enough to get him arrested is very sad. Her faith is really strong though. She hasn’t seen her 10 year old daughter since the accident (because of the disfurgement — she doesn’t think the baby can take it). She’s only seen her son so far and he took is as well as could be expected.

• KyCakes

Gud Moanin’ Ery’ones

DTTS
      Jenie
      Bird
      Razzle
      Apparition
      FutureDoc
      lovezoe
      Anna
      MisTaken
      Cubarican

And last, but most certainly not least… AUNTIE! :yahoo:

• The Pearl!

*should have said “incident” and not “accident”

• lovezoe

The Pearl- Thats when most abuse victims are hurt the most/killed, when they try to get away. The man no longer has control.

• KyCakes

———————————————————————
      That’s the news stations motto; “If it bleeds, it leads”

Ky Ky :happy:

• Cubarican

Mernin Ky. :hi:

• Anna

The Pearl! says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
      How sad. We try so hard to protect our kids from danger/harm. Christy trying to protect her child from her disfigured body is not a good idea. You only get one mother.

• http://www.landofpure.net FaylaHasReinstatedBrendenOnTheWhipfinity :whip: BOD(Pending90DayProbationPeriod)

how fcking CRUEL of that cowardly bastard! i mean really?? how the hell are they just now filing charges against this prick?? :huh: :cuss:

i feel SOOO bad for this woman, i mean to take away someone’s beauty in the most horrific way bc she aint want u no more?? his face needs to be blasted everywhere & in jail for attempted MURDER!

• Apparition

:high: @KY

Doesn’t Talk To Strangers says:

can someone fill me in please?

• KyCakes

Apparition says:

:high: @KY
      ———————————————————————
      Not yet, but after work…. :lol:

• The Pearl!

@Zoe, yes, you’re right. She has a beautiful spirit and is a fighter.

@Anna, she says she plans to see her baby girl soon and that it hurts her not to see her daughter, but that she’s trying to minimize the trauma on her daughter. (Not sure if she’s waiting for more surgery or what exactly.)

The Pearl! says:

:cry:

Who was that, that said to watch Orange is the new Black on Netflix :thinking: I’m trying to get into this show but I’m on the 3rd episode and its boring …… I will keep watching to see if it gets better :shrugs:

Hey Fay Fay :waves:

• lovezoe

Jenie- I watched the first episode, just didn’t pull me in.

lovezoe says:

Jenie- I watched the first episode, just didn’t pull me in.

To much licking :lick: in this show :shrugs: I will watch this episode and that’s it. Its seems boring to me. I read the reviews to it, and people said it was good, but its not to me :no:

:cuss: i’m mad they’re charging to make a donation! :cuss:

hey Jen-nay! :hug: sup mami?

• BrownskinQT

My goodness….good morning everyone.

• Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq

Sooo it’s REALLY Monday?????? Morning & chit :waves: What ya’ll talkin’ ’bout? :tea:

• http://WWW.facebook.com/rachelmirandaswan Rachel-Miranda

You know I feel like if a women had done this to a man she would immediately have been put in cuffs

• FuturedocDonte

:offtopic:

So the pope is open to gay male priests in the pulpit but not straight women :hahaha: they Finna drag him

FuturedocDonte says:

:offtopic:
      _________________________

Jesus is coming soon :nun:

• Anna

jeniefrumdabloc says:

FuturedocDonte says:

So the pope is open to gay male priests in the pulpit but not straight women they Finna drag him
      _________________________

Jesus is coming soon
      ~~~~~~~~
      I thought he said “women should have a bigger role in the church”.

• Miany

:waves: Good Morning Future, Jenie, Rachel, Bomb, Brownskin, Fayla, Lovezoe, ThePearl, Sandra, lovezoe, DTTS, Cuba, Razzle, MisTaken, Ky, Apparition, Anna

@Jenie…I think I may have recommended ‘orange is the new black’ I watched it, I liked it… I kinda have a weird dry humor so I know everyone aint gonna laugh at what I laugh at.

• https://www.facebook.com/ChanAndACamera ChanAintShyt

Well damn…..

• The Pearl!

:hi: Miany!!

• KyCakes

:hi: Miany

• Thehighyella1

Tears immediately came to my eyes as I read this. This is so horriable! I pray that they find the coward that did this and bring him swift justice…did she mention his name on the radio women need to know who this fool is!

• MsB2u

good morning everybody
      :waves:

• Anna

Anna says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

FuturedocDonte says:

_________________________

Jesus is coming soon
      ~~~~~~~~
      I thought he said “women should have a bigger role in the church”.

~~~~~~~~
      Anna says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

FuturedocDonte says:

_________________________

Jesus is coming soon
      ~~~~~~~~
      I thought he said “women should have a bigger role in the church”.

Anna says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

FuturedocDonte says:

_________________________

Jesus is coming soon
      ~~~~~~~~
      I thought he said “women should have a bigger role in the church”.

Anna says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

FuturedocDonte says:

_________________________

Jesus is coming soon
      ~~~~~~~~
      I thought he said “women should have a bigger role in the church”.
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      The pope also spoke out about the role of women in the church, saying it needs to be deeper and not end. But he brushed aside the possibility of ordaining women as priests, saying the church had spoken on the matter: “The church says no. That door is closed.” He did say that more work needed to be done theologically on the role of women in the church.

• Cubarican

Morning Miany and Ms.B. :waves:

• Miany

Thehighyella1 says:
      ^^^^ :cosign: and Good morning :hi: @Thehighyella1

• FuturedocDonte

_________________________

Jesus is coming soon
      ~~~~~~~~
      I thought he said “women should have a bigger role in the church”.
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      —-
      Anna in laymans terms he said ” yea I would like to see that happen. But it ain’t gon happen :coffee:

• MsB2u

Cubarican,FuturedocDonte,Miany
      :hi:

FaylaHasReinstatedBrendenOnTheWhipfinity :whip: BOD(Pending90DayProbationPeriod) says:

:cuss: i’m mad they’re charging to make a donation! :cuss: