ABC Newsman Announces He is Transgender Then Switches Back to Being a Man Again

Don Ennis

This story is very confusing, so read slowly. An ABC News editor who claimed to be a female trapped in a male’s body now says he was mistaken. Don Ennis lived his life as a female for three months. He split from his wife of 17 years and asked his ABC News colleagues to refer to him as Dawn.

But now, according to a report in the NY Post, Ennis suffered from a 2-day bout of amnesia that made him realize he wants to live life as a man again.

Ennis explained his decision in an email to his ABC colleagues. In the email, obtained by the website Newsblues.com, Ennis said “I am writing to let you know I’m changing my name . . . to Don Ennis. That will be my name again, now and forever. And it appears I’m not transgender after all.

Ennis denies that his mid-life gender switch was a joke or a cry for attention.

From The NY Post:

“I’m asking all of you who accepted me as a transgender to now understand: I was misdiagnosed.

“I am already using the men’s room and dressing accordingly,” he noted.

“It’s so odd to be experiencing this from the other side; as recently as last Friday, I felt I was indeed a woman, in my mind, body and soul.

“Even though I will not wear the wig or the makeup or the skirts again, I promise to remain a strong straight ally, a supporter of diversity and an advocate for equal rights and other LGBT issues including same-sex marriage.”

Don added that he now feels “fantastic” as a man again.

And he said he hopes that with the hormone treatment and surgery, things will only get better.

He plans to change the gender and name on his driver’s license, work ID and e-mail.

He called his three-month odyssey into the world of women “a tremendous gift.”

“I know my wonderful colleagues will no doubt make it easier for the next person to transition at ABC,” he wrote.

The startling he-to-she-back-to-he move came after Ennis had publicly announced on Facebook in May that he was leaving his wife of 17 years, Wendy, to become a full-time woman.

The Connecticut resident has now assured friends and colleagues that his switch back to being a man isn’t a joke.

Thanks to loyal reader Ernest O. for the tip.

110 Responses to “ABC Newsman Announces He is Transgender Then Switches Back to Being a Man Again”

:huh: thee hell is going on these days. Folks is loosing it… Oh yeah Terrance Howard is about to find out he is a black man in America :lol:

The Master Beta :D says:

@ Jenie OMG I swear I was about to type that same emote and first sentence :rofl:

SOTHERNGRL says:

THIS FOOL IS CRAZY WITH THIS DAMN ALABAMA HEAT.

:blink: How can you be an ugly Man AND ugly Woman? :think:
    I mean, c’mon now……

Ennis denies that his mid-life gender switch was a joke or a cry for attention.

Well one thing is for certain :gay: he is a damn queen

deedeegirl says:

Oh my. Please seek Jesus.

The Master Beta :D says:

@ Jenie OMG I swear I was about to type that same emote and first sentence

:hahaha: dude up top is a drama filled fool :rofl:

KyCakes says:

Oh chit…forgot to change my gravi…

:lol: Sawwy @Jenie :ashamed:

MsLolo says:

He is FUG either way. Ball of Confusion.

Damn. Apparently nigras get away with anything at his job.

LSLH says:

That’s a damn shame. He just wanted to lay up with a man for those three months and he’ll continue to sneak with them.

KyCakes says:

Damn. Apparently nigras YT’s get away with anything at his job.
    ——————————————————————

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

:huh: NOPE I will NOT :kona:

I would fire his azz just for that :tea: but I guess that would be discrimination right :huh: He creating a hostile work environment with these shananigans :hahaha:

KyCakes says:

Oh chit…forgot to change my gravi…
    :lol: Sawwy @Jenie

:chase:

Only the queens want to be seen Hunty :nun:

SOTHERNGRL says:

I am in no way an expert but I thought once you were transgender that was it. He needs to talk to Joseline about how to get his life right.

Miany says:

Damn. Apparently nigras
    ^^ i LAUGHED LOUDLY WHEN I READ THIS… :lol: I wish it was a mute button on my laughter….

*** im more concerned with the part I read bout surgery… so he had the sex change and is now tryna build-a-pen is?

The Master Beta :D says:

Ky is that Bosh’s reptilian brother in your gravi :lol:

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

KY fugg yew :rofl:

KyCakes says:

@Master Beta I can not, shall not and downright refuse to believe Chris got ‘the looks’ in the family :lol:

But yes…that is the other co-star in ‘Jurassic Park’… :tea:

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

KY fugg yew :rofl:
    ———————————————————————
    I know you remember in grade school, the illustration of the dinosaur with the elongated forehead? The one that you thought “nigguh if you was alive today, you’d be on the short bus wearing a helmet”

Yeah. That one. :tea:

Miany says:

@Ky I dont care who telly you what… you aint shiiid…. Ion know if you have plans to be shii but it aint lookin too good :rofl:

Black_jewel2 says:

Wait..he had the whole sex-change surgery? :shocked:

I thought he just snatched his wig off and decided it was too damn hot to wear pantyhose and heels :shrug:

Miany says:

:rofl: :rofl: :hahaha: Nope!!!!!

KyCakes says:

:rofl: Why y’all mad that I’m expressing the ‘Jurassic Part’ of my workday? :lol:

Black_jewel2 says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Oh yeah Terrance Howard is about to find out he is a black man in America

________

Girl you know he thought he had a pass with those light eyes LOL…did you see she came to court with a black-eye today? Ish is about to get real in his life!!!

The Master Beta :D says:

KyCakes says:

But yes…that is the other co-star in ‘Jurassic Park’…
    ___________________________________________

Fugg that I wanna see the parents :hahaha:

KyCakes says:

Transgender is just playing dress up…Transsexual is the actual sex re-assignment surgery….

Black_jewel2 says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:
    Oh yeah Terrance Howard is about to find out he is a black man in America
    ________

Jokes on :ha: his azz now :hahaha: what a dummy :no: another one bites the dust

The Master Beta :D says:

KyCakes says:

But yes…that is the other co-star in ‘Jurassic Park’…
    ___________________________________________

Fugg that I wanna see the parents :hahaha:
    ———————————————————————-
    Son, I’m telling you..one is a Brontosaurus and the other is a Velociraptor….

Ky go to hell palease for that gravie !!!!!!!! :rofl: aHHHHH LAWD !!!

@Miany

:whistle:
    God is still working on meeeeeee….
    Tryna be the best that I can beeeeee

God is still workin’ on me :biggrin:

Miany says:

Unfortunately I’ve tried to help people and it’s not necessarily in the same enlightened path, of trying to help themselves.”

He adds, “I just wish the best for her, but as far as me harming somebody… I really can’t harm a fly. It’s completely against my spirit, but I’m so heartbroken, that you can see that doing it on a night like this is only for an attempt to try and hurt me.”
    ^^^ words of Terrance Howard… :tea:

Black_jewel2 says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Jokes on his azz now what a dummy another one bites the dust

___________________________

Remember those “baby wipe” comments he made years ago? I bet he is wishing he set his standards just a LIL bit higher :hahaha:

KyCakes says:

:rofl: Why y’all mad that I’m expressing the ‘Jurassic Part’ of my workday?

:ghost: chile I am logging off, you guys a great evening….. I will be back tonight for a night cap :yes: more than likely tipsy :peace:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Ky go to hell palease for that gravie !!!!!!!! :rofl: aHHHHH LAWD !!!
    ———————————————————————
    Remember in ‘Jurassic Park’ when that Velociraptor had Newman cornered in his jeep and was bout to tear his ass up?

This is the face the dinosaur made… :rofl:

SOTHERNGRL says:

ok@Ky cause I was over here confused as hell Like how you gone fix this chit.

Terrance go to damn hell Buddy :chase: ret Nah!!!!!

Caramel Rain says:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Off topic: why did the marketing director just drop of new business cards at my desk?? She said my department head wanted to include which department I worked in on all of my cards She said it was random and it’s normally not done. Makes me wonder a few weeks back I went to my dept head and spoke about moving over to another dept opening and she told me it would not be more $ and a lateral move. HR confirmed the $ part so I left it alone. In light of the recent firings I guess my boss said she is never letting me go. I got like 5000 new cards folk
    *********

SOunds to me like they are not going to replace ol boy and you will be doing both/all jobs with no pay increase.. :lol:

:bye: @Jenie

jeniefrumdabloc says:
    Ky go to hell palease for that gravie !!!!!!!! :rofl: aHHHHH LAWD !!!
    ———————————————————————

Yess lawd the visual :crying:

Black_jewel2 says:

Miany says:

………but as far as me harming somebody… I really can’t harm a fly. It’s completely against my spirit
    ____________________________________

Po thang…he just doesn’t get it. Your a black man! Your COMPLEXION hurts their eyes!

Miany says:

Black_jewel2 says:
    Wait..he had the whole sex-change surgery?
    ^^ based on what I read he made em drill a hole over his presumably perfectly normal POLE… and NOOOOW he wanna go get a build-a-peeen…smdh.. too manu choices confuse some folk.

kahmmillion says:

Yet they want me to believe that the gay struggle is the same as the ongoing black struggle. Gays can wake up and decide that they want to no longer be gay, but a black person can’t get up and decide that they no longer want to be black.

ChanAintShyt says:

He ain’t never gonna be able to live life as a manly man lmao. I say never because he had to have the thoughts of changing into a woman waaaaaaaay before he made the decision to leave his wife and do the damn thang….I bet he used to cry before, during and after sex, lol….kinda like a woman forcing herself on a young Michael Ja….never mind.

The Master Beta :D says:

The Master Beta says:
    KyCakes says:
    But yes…that is the other co-star in ‘Jurassic Park’…
    ___________________________________________
    Fugg that I wanna see the parents
    ———————————————————————-
    Son, I’m telling you..one is a Brontosaurus and the other is a Velociraptor….
    _________________________

—————————————————————-
    Your screen name says it all :rofl:

WUT SED "GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!" says:

I guess Don Ennis will be a good fit…rhymes with Gone Pennis… :tea:

Miany says:

rhymes with Gone Pennis…
    ^^ :lol: chillllllee

ChanAintShyt says:

The question is what is he gonna do with his 3 month old Fredricks Of Hollywood charge card? Can’t return or donate undergarments.

Caramel Rain says:

Chan, you still in Jackson? if you dont mind me asking!

ChanAintShyt says:

Yes @ Caramel, I am. Sup?

69 says:

Ol dude up top thought he was gay until he felt the long skroke of some real pipe and now this punk saying amnesia is to blame. Yeah, right. :rofl:

MsB2u says:

:blink: How can you be an ugly Man AND ugly Woman? :think:
    I mean, c’mon now……
    ————————

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

:thinking: Since he’s “cured” now is he gonna try and get back with his wife???

:yahoo:
    THIS GREAT NeWS!!!

:blink:

@JENIE
    U R So right,T.Howard is gonna learn tuhday :tea:

mzwhang90210 says:

His employers are VERY lenient! Cuz other places would’ve been like :chase: yo arse outta hurrr wiff all dat fluckery!!
    Sooo…he found out it’s not easy being a woman huh? Or did so many dudes call shim ugly when he was “dolled up” ..that he couldn’t take it? :hahaha:

:waves:
    @ all the folks still around.

Oprah said the wig ON That cover of O was 3.5 lbs

Caramel Rain says:

Nothing, i was just asking. I’ve read that you’ve been traveling but wasnt sure if you’d relocated. Being nosey :)

ChanAintShyt says:

Sup Whang….lol @ sounding out Whang as I type.

He only change back due to crotch rot from lace boy shorts….that fabric ain’t made for those of us with schlongs.

:danban1:
    Mzwhang

:yahoo:

Unshakable says:

So, I wonder what he puts on his driver’s license?
    Former man or former woman, you pick

I wonder what name he goes by?
    The transgender formerly known as Dawn

I wonder which bathroom he goes to?
    Depends on what body part he most closely vibes with that day.

Must be nice to have the best of both worlds. Le sigh and a Don Dawn twirl :twirl:

@MzWhang,

Well hello there dollface! How you be? That doggie in your pic is looking quite innocent….did you bribe it with Kibbles n Bits or a Scooby Snack? :rofl:

BCinKS says:

Clearly he never watched those docoumentaries about transgender folk. It’s best to just stay a gay man who dresses up in the shadows because that transgender life is not for the weak.

That said, it’s fools like him that hurt the struggle of people who really have gender identity issues.

BCinKS says:

*Again, I am not out to trash anyone, and if you feel offended by my opinions, sorry, but I Aint Shyt anyways, so take it for what it’s worth.

mzwhang90210 says:

:waves:
    Chan Chan..he’s our man..if he can’t do it..nobody can :cheer:
    LuvNNNNNNN
    Carmellll
    Unshakeeeeeeeeeee gimme sum shuga :kiss:
    LOL, that lil hellion in my gravi is Cody…10 wks old. He got a hold to a roll of toilet tissue and had it EVERYWHERE. Then gonna look at me (with paper stuck to his lil tongue) like “what?? I don’t know WHO tore up all this paper!”
    Ha..I was laffin so hard I could hardly snap the pic.

BCinKS says:

BCinKS says:

—————
    I don’t personally KNOW anybody going through the struggle so I can’t say for certain. But I’m a man of science so I’d say it’s really not that far fetched that the brain could get all confused in the womb and hormones and whatnot don’t quite do what they are supposed to do. Stranger things happen.

@ BCinKS says:

Kinda like a birth defect….unnatural, or nahh? :popcorn:

Chan,

There are truly some people out there who struggle between their gender and their sex. By that I mean this:

Gender – describes the characteristics that a society or culture delineates as masculine or feminine.

Sex – biological differences; chromosomes, hormonal profiles, internal and external sex organs

For example, a person can be born a female, but identify/believe they are a male (see chaz bono)

It is pretty interesting to me; this is not only a culture unto itself, but a lifestyle.

mzwhang90210 says:

ChanAintShyt says: So you think this is a real issue out there? I’m not bashing any views or beliefs, but whats wrong with being what you are born as?
    ________________________
    I’m a straight woman but I sweater God…if I could be a man for a few days…I’d be hell on wheels. Cuz I know z’ackly what women want to hear. And don’t let me have a nice sized “soul sausage”! My swagga would be vicious :buttshake: <~~really me shakin my ding ding. :rofl:

Im watching a VID of a father\mother shame their 13yr old dAUGHter for having a FB page :rofl:

GOOD Shyte! :hahaha: She’s SO SHame

VDot says:

His booty hole must have gotten ahold of a big dack and he couldn’t take he. He didn’t know being a top was an option. :yes:

ChanAintShyt says:

@ Unshake, but…what is there not to understand. Boys have a penis, and girls have a vagina.

I can rock with the preference argument a lil better. I’m black as hell and I don’t like grape Kool Aid or watermelon…go figure.

BCinKS says:

@ BCinKS says:

Kinda like a birth defect….unnatural, or nahh?
    ——-
    Yea, that’s how I would look it. Too much happens to the brain in the womb for it to go right every single time. I mean. People do WAY weirder things than change sexes. My sister eats laundry detergent…and loves it. :confused:

ChanAintShyt says:

Dead @ I sweater God….This saying is now being adopted in the dictionary of ain’t shyt.

BCinKS says:

—————-
    I picked that saying up from here…nobody got it outside of SR. :shrug:

@ BCinKS says:

I don’t know you bruh, but you aiight with me. As for your sister, does she hiccup soap suds n bubbles?

:smack:
    I listened to the 9 1 1 call of ushers aunt calling them, Ushers youngest son is a true Hell raiser!

He said to the aunt hes faking. :no:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

by Caramel Rain on Aug 6, 2013 at 4:49 pm
    ————
    It’s the dream :whistle: KILLAH KILLAH KILLAH
    No actually we have divided his job between 4 of us :rolleyes: :lol: I got most of the light stuff except a tedious monthly excel task I passed off to him… That he apparently didn’t know how to do because me was MS Office retarded is now back in my court :(
    I am tired already. I now have to work on Labor Day weekend :crying:

Unshakable says:

But what I’m sayin Chan is some men may have a penis but can better identify with women. Like they do things that are seen as “female stuff,” i.e. putting on makeup, wearing heels/skinny jeans, twerking, acting like they are pms’g, etc.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

I try not to use the Lord’s name if vain for I use sweater or GAWD or LAWD. I gotta make it heaven :nun:

<~~really me shakin my ding ding.
    by mzwhang90210 on Aug 6, 2013 at 5:41 pm
    –/—-/
    Put that thang up :chase: round her putting porn on the site

@ Unshake

You mean the men that were raised that way….prolly without a father? Same dude that can tell his sister how to properly dispose of a pad before being able to shoot a jump shot.

MsTake
    I DO NOT CARE ABOUT YEW NOR YOUR 5,000,000 new business cards sucka! :eek:

:hahaha: Yes, I do, you ok?! :lol:

AND someone please let mswhang know that I am not speaking to her :tea: #justdoit

ChanAintShyt says:

@ MsWhang, @DTTS said that you are a stranger, and she doesn’t talk to your kind.

I call BS on this. Ole boy was just trying to get a discrimination lawsuit out of this whole ordeal, and now that he sees that no one treated him differently OR objected to his wish—He’s turning back into a man. This cat was trying to retire early. :tea: #tisall

@ Unshake

—————————————————————–

It doesn’t even have to be a boy that was raised without a father. Like I’ll give you an example. Chaz Bono had both of her parents in her life and she stated she felt she wasn’t complete. Once she had her transformation, she felt better then than she had her entire life. She goes on to say she couldn’t identify with such things as breasts (her own)or girly stuff that is sometimes thrust upon little girls.

Sometimes, people of this group describe it as being born in the wrong body. I don’t fully understand all of it, but I do try to remain open-minded. You have to in today’s world.

lyric says:

This man woke up one day and realized he had gotten dragged to the other side so he had to catch some amnesia real quick to get himself right again. Those two days of memory lose was just him trying to figure his way out of the situation. Ann Heche did it too when she woke up with Ellen one day. That chile had to act crazy, start foaming at the mouth and mess and simulate a full blown break down just to get away and back to the otherside.

ChanAintShyt says:

Hmmmp, well you tell her to go eat some fried rice :bow: #justdoit

——————————————————————-

@Chan, is you over there being messy? You supposed to be getting educated about the transgender issha, and you over here being messy….over there stirring up the hens in the hen house….. :rofl:

Is you startin mess?

Unshakable :lol: That boogie princess in your gravi yo! :rofl:

*whispers* It’s just a ‘called for’ Manufactured Crisis *snickers*

ChanAintShyt says:

@ Unshakable, I understand what you are saying, personally, I think that it is all about what you believe and who you pray to. I really doubt that Chaz lived a normal childs life due to the publicity of the parents either tho.

@ MzWhang, @ DTTS said answer the door because you ordered a large bowl of Scrimp Fied Rie, and Yummy Yummy sauce….it’s on the way.

Is you startin mess?

Even when I’m being shyt, I ain’t shyt.

@Chan,

I understand what you’re saying and I cosign what you’re saying. I’m moreso a fan of your explanation, but I do wonder for people who struggle with this very issue, did this struggle begin during their mother’s pregnancy, or is the result of environmental/social factors? The same for persons who are gay/bisexual. Like you said, no judgment, but I’ve always been curious about this (this = the topic, not alternative lifestyles)

#clarificationiskey :hahaha:

Is you startin mess?

Even when I’m being shyt, I ain’t shyt.
    ——————————————————————

Being messy while getting educated = multitasking

#nowyouknowandknowingishalfthebattle – GI Joe :rofl:

ChanAintShyt says:

Are there any transgender Roses? Or any that have “friends” that have an opinion. Hopefully the “friend” tag will make em speak up….we ain’t here to judge. Educate those of us who are not shyt.

@ Unshake

If they say its a chemical imbalance or a mental thing, and/or they were “born” that way, would you call it a birth defect?

@Chan,

Depends….can you get a disability check for it? :think:

*Goes to consult K-Dub on this matter*

:nite: to all posters except mzwhang :eek:

@ Unshake

Lemme know what Dub says. You think someone that says they are bi woman can get a check for being bipolar? Like men now, like women later? Hmmmm

@Chan,

That’s an interesting point. I will confer with Dub on this issue as well. Because she is so well-versed on criteria that warrants a disability check, Dub has been granted privileges that us regular roses are not privy to. I will continue following this story, and update as necessary. :thumbsup:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

MsTake
    I DO NOT CARE ABOUT YEW NOR YOUR 5,000,000 new business cards sucka!
    Yes, I do, you ok?!

by <–Doesn't Talk To Strangers on Aug 6, 2013 at 5:56 pm
    I almost fell off my elliptical :hahaha: Slips a business card from under my tongue and slices towards your face….. Who got lemon juice?
    I will be ok. Just tired :cry: A change gone come
    Alleging .nite: fools. I guess tomorrow I will be lighthearted Taken since nobody cares about real life problem one :lol:

ChanAintShyt says:

I’m about to go fake grocery shop and try to get a MILFs phone number. See y’all tomorrow!

AllNYC says:

Bet this dude has a book deal by the end of the week…