President Obama honors Oprah with highest civilian award

How do you earn the highest civilian award offered by the White House? Just accuse all white Americans of being racists.

Critics are saying it’s no coincidence that President Obama honored Oprah with the Presidential Medal of Freedom just days after she accused white Americans of disrespecting Obama because he is half black.

It took 5 years for President Obama to honor Oprah with any type of award after she threw her powerful support behind him during the 2008 presidential elections.

From The IBT Times:

Calling the 59-year-old “the pinnacle of the entertainment universe,” President Barack Obama graced Winfrey’s neck with the medal along with former President Bill Clinton, country star Loretta Lynn, women’s rights activist Gloria Steinem, baseball legend Ernie Banks and astronaut Sally Ride. It must be a real honour for Oprah to receive the award along with such prestigious people.

“These are the men and women who in their extraordinary lives remind us of the beauty of the human spirit,” Obama said at the East Room of the White House on Wednesday, November 20.

“In more than 4,500 episodes of her show, her message was always, ‘You can,’” President Obama said of Oprah. Winfrey, dressed in black formal dress looked elated and touched emotionally when President Obama placed the medal around her neck.

• Oprah Turns Her Back On Obama; Refuses to Endorse ObamaCare
  • Oprah May Have Lied About That $35K Handbag Incident
  • ObamaSCARE: Family’s Insurance Premium Triples
  • EPIC FAIL: Gov’t Shuts Down; ObamaCare Crashes and Burns

62 Responses to “Oprah Winfrey Awarded Highest Civilan Honor Just Days After Accusing Americans of Disrespecting Obama Because He’s Biracial”

:thumbsup: Good luck. That side profile :phew:

tipdagemini says:

President Obama looks like he smells good

Bootcampgirl says:

Harpo wig looks horrendous, that’s all I got…

:obama: Deal.

lovezoe says:

Sandra you do know most if your commenters are well-educated people, right?

“The Executive Order calls for the medal to be awarded annually on or around July 4, and at other convenient times as chosen by the president,[5] but it has not been awarded every year (e.g., 2001, 2010″

Bootcampgirl says:

@Sandy, I need a funny post, please :wail:

LuvMySailor says:

I’m sure she knew she was going to be awarded LONG before she made those comments.

She is also correct.

Bootcampgirl says:

Hey Chan :waves: you settled in yet :popcorn:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

From downstairs:
      @lovezoe. yes some will.
      come closer…..
      but I think Care :gossip: got her insurance off the internet…
      November 21, 2013 at 11:50 am
      MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:
      1-800-call general now

Chan :hug:

MissHarlem says:

:nun: now this is a BOW DOWN BITCHES MOMENT :coffee:

Jdore says:

That wig is horrible! That’s all I got :tea:

lovezoe says:

Oh and here’s the rest of the recipients:

President Barack Obama delivers remarks and awards the 2013 Presidential Medal of Freedom to honorees during a ceremony in the East Room of the White House, Nov. 20, 2013. Honorees are: Ernie Banks, Ben Bradlee, former President Bill Clinton, Daniel Inouye (posthumous), Daniel Kahneman, Richard Lugar, Loretta Lynn, Mario Molina, Sally Ride (posthumous), Bayard Rustin (posthumous), Arturo Sandoval, Dean Smith, Gloria Steinem, Cordy Tindell “C.T.” Vivian, Patricia Wald, and Oprah Winfrey.

lovezoe says:

MisTaken The Black Mamba says:
      1-800-call general now
      ——/
      :ghost:

Ty says:

The Grammy winner threw a rock through his mother’s car window Nov. 10 after a joint counseling session in which she suggested the singer remain in treatment, according to a letter submitted by the rehab facility. The facility’s name was not included in court filings.

“Mr. Brown proceeded to walk outside and pick up a rock and threw it through his mother’s car window and it shattered,” the letter states. Brown was discharged because he had signed a contract agreeing to refrain from violence while in treatment.
      and she should’ve whooped his azz :whip: Wish he would sit his musty looking azz down ___/

*scrolls up to read write up*

iAmChan says:

What up Boot? I am pretty much settled. Rode around and got lost a few times, I’ve seen the ratchetness on the Metro train and gotten used to the weather for the most part. Finally start my work assignment Monday.

mstudammuch says:

She deserves it… :tea:

MissHarlem says:

Sandra you do know most if your commenters are well-educated people, right?

^^ Was that a read *in my Bevy Smith voice* :lol: you aint lying and :thankyou:

Bootcampgirl says:

Glad to hear that :thumbsup:

iAmChan says:

Whats up OTBoo?

Shout out to all of the usual suspects (no time for lists), newbies and lurkers, with ya looka-whooin asses.

Ty says:

Is that Oprah or Sophia :shrug:

She looks tired :(

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Now I know there is NOTHING going on with these two but I kinda envisioned Oprah backing it up just a little bit on Barry and him kissing her the neck while slipping the medal on. I need to go home and see the Mister :ashamed:

Ty says:

lovezoe says:

Sandra you do know most if your commenters are well-educated people, right?

“The Executive Order calls for the medal to be awarded annually on or around July 4, and at other convenient times as chosen by the president,[5] but it has not been awarded every year (e.g., 2001, 2010?

Hey Chan :happy:

I love Loretta Lynn let me tell you, *hums Coal Miner’s Daughter* but she is an entertainer.

MissHarlem says:

TY her ass got whats coming to her. She coddled and enabled that damn boy so much that he is still throwing temper tantrums. His ass still needs to get beat from throwin that rock but then again she gonna come up with an excuse and say that he was throwing a rock at a bee ala Martin Lawrence in National Security

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

O’s hair is normally layed to the GAWDS honey. I am little disappointed. She was my hair she-ro. Her and Keyshia Cole of course cause they both wear their real hair :tea:

Anna says:

Ty says:

and she should’ve whooped his azz Wish he would sit his musty looking azz down ___/

*scrolls up to read write up*

~~~~~~~~~~~
      You can tear up stuff when you have money to replace it. Most moms don’t realize the damage they do to their kid by not disaplining them. Chris is not going to replace the windshield, she probably is already driving a new vehicle.

Sandra you do know most if your commenters are well-educated people, right?

Stop lying. We watch ATL and come from the Hood. :lol:

Nothing much @Charming Chan. Happy to see you!

DoNotDeleteMe says:

She deserves it! After all, she did help him get elected the first time! I love Oprah’s self-righteous arse! :love:

Orange Blossom says:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

i thought the same dam thing. :ashamed:

4 day weekend next week. im trying to get it in!

on my to do list:

cook, eat, drink and be merry on thxgiving
      go to xmas tree farm, pick out tree, have tree cut down, tie tree to the car, drive home, decorate said tree
      eat leftovers
      watch charlie brown and jack frost cartoons and nem
      lay up and bone

Anyway…sides good ole Bill, good day for women in America. :thumbsup:

MissHarlem says:

ORANGE :love: a real tree. Im a tree snob and you just perked up the girls with that tree talk

Ty says:

O’s hair is normally layed to the GAWDS honey
      _________
      I told u that’s not O its Sophia :crying:

@ Harlem, u know we come from an era where u are never too old to get tapped. Hell my granny will still monkey stomp my azz…TODAY. She should’ve choke slammed his azz right in front of the rehab. staff. U don’t come for your moms :nono: He had a tantrum, she should’ve had a bytch fit :coffee:

iAmChan says:

Lol @ Charming Chan….I ain’t heard that in a while, lmao. I think I am getting back to normal. I still ain’t shyt, but I have retired Jason Waterfalls and the Lying Ass Preacher gimmicks. I couldn’t stay in character long enough.

That list is outstanding. :hahaha: Gonna be good times. :yes:

:think:
      Yall think Oprah wanna give Obama some of that ol Organutan monkeys he got?

That nigga do look like Stedman…. :yes:

willetta1 says:

Ty says:

BAAAAAAABYYYY … i woulda jumped out that carrrrr & My Gawd, My Gawd, My Gawd!!! :box: :karate: :chase:

MissHarlem says:

CHAN good bc we like just plain ol aint chit Chan

TY okkk chit who you telling. I guess now is a good time to tell you that at 31 during my bday week my Mom popped me in my lip like a child huh :coffee: its all good I deserved it :lol:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Yall think Oprah wanna give Obama some of that ol Organutan monkeys he got
      ___________________________
      I bet O booty is soft like pillows and when Obama accidently :giggles: grazed it with his loins he was like :shock: Oh ish. Cause you know Michele work out and she got a muscle butt like Tisha Campbell when she had on that white workout gear on Martin…
      #TEA****OMUCHIMAGINATION

@MISS HARLEM
      “I guess now is a good time to tell you that at 31 during my bday week my Mom popped me in my lip like a child huh its all good I deserved it ”

What you did?

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

um I wrote team too much imagination… how did THAT get blocked
      oh M T O… chile :bye:

Caramel Rain says:

Anna says:

Ty says:

*scrolls up to read write up*

~~~~~~~~~~~

*********
      One person throwing a rock will not shatter three layers of tempered laminated safety glass. Impossible. There are dump trucks movign at 80mph that dont shatter windshields.

IF he took a baseball bat the windshield, then I’d believe this. Lies and fallacies.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Harlem :rofl: What did you do? Throw a rock through her window?

Orange Blossom says:

MissHarlem says:

ORANGE a real tree. Im a tree snob and you just perked up the girls with that tree talk
      ________________________

i would never get a fake tree. kids would probaby protest :rolleyes: they hv a tree farm at stew leonards (one in connecticut and one in yonkers). you gotta go soon-ish if you want a normal tree. towards the end of the season they only hv huge trees left.

I couldn’t stay in character long enough.

Good! I like when you chit. :lol:

Caramel Rain says:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

From downstairs:
      @lovezoe. yes some will.
      come closer…..
      but I think Care got her insurance off the internet…
      November 21, 2013 at 11:50 am
      MisTaken The Black Mamba says:
      1-800-call general now

**********
      :chase: shush chile.
      The General is not licensed in Alabama :rofl:

lovezoe says:

Why is it so hard to believe he could throw a glass that shattered the window?

Bootcampgirl says:

I am NOT going to bite :tape: but, I will wait on @Harlem to tell why her mama popped her in the lip :popcorn:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Why is it so hard to believe he could throw a glass that shattered the window?
      She sensitive right now because her window this close *panches fingers* to cracking. She feel like if it happen to Chris mama it can happen to her car :crying1:

Orange Blossom says:

shush chile.
      The General is not licensed in Alabama

you know cuz you checked, huh?

Caramel Rain says:

thought the same dam thing.

4 day weekend next week. im trying to get it in!

on my to do list:

cook, eat, drink and be merry on thxgiving
      eat leftovers
      watch charlie brown and jack frost cartoons and nem
      lay up and bone

*******
      what? no liquor?

MissHarlem says:

MAN/MISTAKE nothing major she just got sensitive nah :lol: I mumbled under my breath while driving “she must be fckin crazy”

MOM: :shock: *thick accent* you aint too old to get your ass beat I dont care if you driving me around thats your job
      ME: :eyeroll:
      MOM: SLAP *at least thats what it sounded it like*
      ME: sucking in lip
      MOM: *accent gets thicker which is a clear sign that I done fckd up* keep it up and you will be suckin in blood

10 mins later we at Bayside sippin on Margaritas :lol:

Ty says:

I bet she didn’t even look up just kept doing what she was doing :hahaha:

IsThisThingOn... says:

_____________________________

:cloud: ??? (some of them should feel the same sense of “honor” at being awarded alongside Ms. Winfrey)

and don’t these things have to be planned in advance? it’s not like President Obama sat up one night and said ‘Chelle what you think ’bout us putting something together right quick to give Oprah dem the medals next week…

IsThisThingOn... says:

I’ve seen the ratchetness on the Metro train

:welcome: