Brain Dead Jahi McMath Moved To Undisclosed Location

Jahi McMath body moved

Jahi MacMath, the 13-year-old California girl who was declared brain dead following a tonsillectomy, was moved by ambulance to an undisclosed location on Sunday. Chldren’s Hospital Oakland released a statement Sunday evening saying Jahi’s body was turned over to the coroner who released the body to Jahi’s mother, Latasha Winkfield. A private ambulance was seen leaving the hospital loading dock just after 8:30 p.m., KTVU.com reports.

Jahi’s uncle, Omari Shealey, sent out a tweet at 8:27 p.m. that said, “I told you we’d do it!!! I love you Jahi and I will come visit you soon baby girl. Your Uncle is a BEAST!!!”

CNN reports the body is being flown by private jet to a controversial outpatient brain injury center in New York. The Life & Hope Network, which is run by a former hair stylist, is not licensed to care for a dead person on a ventilator. The center’s website states it provides office spaces for brain injury therapy.

“At this time we’re named as the potential facility that Jahi and her family will be coming to, but we will know more details in a couple of hours, and we’ll certainly be happy to let you know as we know,” said Allyson Scerri, founder of the New Beginnings Community Center in Medford, New York.

Despite being declared brain dead by 5 independent neuro specialists, Scerri insists Jahi needs time to recover.

“Her brain needs time to heal. It’s a new injury,” Scerri told CNN Sunday. “We believe in life after injury, all of us here at New Beginnings have first-hand experience because we have a loved one that was in the same situation as Jahi.”

Jahi underwent surgery on Dec. 9 to remove her tonsils, adenoids, and nasal structures to treat sleep apnea. In the recovery room she began bleeding profusely from the mouth and nose and suffered a cardiac arrest. Jahi was declared brain dead on Dec. 12.

On Friday, the family and the hospital reached an agreement allowing the family to take the body from the hospital.

Alameda Superior Court Judge Evelio Grillo had refused to extend a temporary restraining order that was set to expire on Tuesday, Jan. 7, allowing the hospital to remove Jahi from the ventilator that pumped oxygen into her lungs and kept her heart beating.

According to the hospital press release, Jahi was moved from the hospital with a portable ventilator but no feeding tube. There are reports her body was first taken to an undisclosed location where a doctor performed surgeries to insert a feeding tube and tracheostomy.

The family’s lawyer, Christopher Dolan, continues to give the family false hope by insisting Jahi is not dead. In an interview on Sunday Dolan said, “she has not passed. Her kidneys function, she regulates her temperature, and her body moves now more than ever. This is a real human being, not a dead body.”

The hospital disputes Dolan’s assertions.

“Sadly … Mr. Dolan is not being truthful to the public or his clients,” said hospital spokesman Sam Singer. “When he says his ‘medical team’ wants to feed her body so her brain will have the optimum nutrients, he is either being purposely deceptive or ignorant. In either case, he is perpetuating a sad and tragic hoax on the public and the McMath family. Tragically, this young woman is dead, and there is no food, no medical procedures and no amount of time that will bring back the deceased.”

Dolan may be confusing Jahi’s movements for non-purposeful movements often exhibited by brain dead patients called Lazarus Reflexes. In the video below, a brain dead boy exhibits uncontrolled movements of his arms when his head is moved by a doctor. Moving the boy’s head sends signals across his spinal cord that are not received by the brain. Without instructions from the brain, the spinal cord signals misfire causing the uncontrolled movements which the family interprets as a sign of hope that the dead person is recovering.

Caution: do not watch the video if a dead body is disturbing to you.

• Teenager On Life Support After Tonsil Surgery
  • Judge Rules Girl Brain Dead Following Routine Tonsillectomy
  • Terri Schiavo Family Assisting Jahi McMath’s Family
  • Judge Rules Girl Brain Dead Following Routine Tonsillectomy

78 Responses to “Brain Dead Jahi McMath Moved To Undisclosed Location”

kingstonn says:

That center is run by a former hairstylist?!

kingstonn says:

That center is run by a former hairstylist?!

Yes ma’am. Apparently the family couldn’t find a licensed nursing facility willing to take a dead body on a vent.

A.J. says:

Lord this is the saddest thing. Like I said on yesterday on Twitter, nothing lasts forever and as soon as people realize this; people will be better off. Much prayer is needed. :yes:

Cuban Princess says:

Craziness. Hopefully they realize that soon and let her rest in peace

MsB2u says:

I will be praying for this women because I know this has got to be hard on her I have nothing bad to say about her she is a grieving mother

The Pearl! says:

God bless this child’s mother. Few parents fully recover from an emotional blow like the loss of a child. My prayers are with her. I can imagine how hard it would be to let her baby girl go. God bless her.

A.J. says:

Lord, let me pray right now!! I can not this morning.

Aj I agree but this has to be hard as hell :-(

lovezoe says:

AJ- I responded to you downstairs.

lovezoe says:

This breaks my heart. I just can’t. Prayers.

sdsthomas says:

This is truly sad but the saddest moments will be when this hair stylist has to tell Jahi’s mom that there is no hope for her OR this facility starts asking for money that the family doesn’t have and they have to reach out to the community for more help. I have two girls, one around Jahi’s age and I am spiritual. If they are spiritual, then they should know that they need to let go and let this baby go and be with her savior!

spiceykay says:

That is a lot of money someone is spending for am ambulance and a private jet not to mention the other cost. Man when whoever get them bills its going to be another issue because most people don’t have money like that.

I am not watching the video.

SummerBaby says:

I’m praying that baby girl will RIP. That video is just sad! :brokenheart:

sdsthomas says:

I hear the family is on welfare. The center will begin demanding money for Jahi’s extremely expensive care. They will discharge the “patient” when the family can’t pay.

lovezoe says:

I just read she was on state insurance and they stopped payment after she was declared dead.

spiceykay says:

I am not watching the video.

The $48,000 in public donations paid the bills. The family will be on TV every day begging for more donations to warehouse a corpse.

Jo4mine says:

Continual Prayers for the family :pray:

lovezoe says:

Can we get a :newpost: don’t feel right cooning in this one.

BigCityGirl says:

I heard the Salvo Foundation has kicked in some funds…I believe this will beaver by the end of the month. The mother probably feels guilty for allowing her to have the surgery..and now holding on for dear life..smh.

I’m hoping her spirit will get some peace soon…this is a sad situation

A.J. says:

It is very nice that people are so giving because of the grieving mother but there are some really sick children out here and they are alive and in need of this same help!!

I am not being insensitive but I think the private funding, ambulances and planes should be used towards the living to stay alive.

The media has blown this so far out of proportion, it has surpassed the malfunctioning healthcare website concern. :no:

essenze says:

Good morning fine folk :waves: I am sending prayers to family because right now they are still hurting. I am disgusted at “speciality hospitals” (and I used that term lightly) like that. The girl is no longer alive! Anytime 5 different specialists confirmed it, it is more then likely true. These type of companies feed off of the anguish, vulnerability, and sadness of the family of the deceased.

Caramel Rain says:

Lord please give this family mental clarity, comfort and guidance to deal with the loss of their baby girl. My heart is too heavy this morning for this.

Psalm 147:3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.

A.J. says:

Aj hey boo
      ________
      Sup my love!! :kiss:

FuturedocDonte says:

Now u know they got a couple of “jahi” funds out there to help. Hospitals like the publicity also… But I don’t see this lasting any longer than 3 more weeks.

Auntie did u see the story about the docs in California that attempted the forceps delivery and :hide: they clamped down to hard :( baby died due to brain and spinal injury

Caramel Rain says:

Psalm 147:3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.

Redeemed, is that you?

DTowns Finest says:

so what if the family is on welfare Sandra. Have you made donations to help this family out? This is a very sad story and mother that’s not wanting to give up on her child. Unless you’ve been in her shoes don’t be so quick to pass judgement. There’s no ending when it comes to love a mother

FuturedocDonte says:

AJ :cosign:

cteastcoast says:

sad :(

Caramel Rain says:

Psalm 147:3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.

Redeemed, is that you?

*********
      Nope. I just believe in the power of prayer :heart: And this family needs prayers to help them overcome these tribulations :)

Caramel Rain says:

@ Aunt Sandy, are we allowed to quote scriptures? Serious question. I dont want to get in trouble. I will stop if its against the rules :)

lovezoe says:

I will stop if its against the rules
      ———-
      No :shade: but really? You really stop spreading the Word to keep your login?

Blanche Devereaux says:

Good morning everybody :waves:
      I don’t wanna be kept alive by any artificial means and I would not do that to my children. A Vegetable state is not living. It’s existing artificial but it is not living and as hard as it would be I would want my child to rest in peace with God. That’s selfish of them to keep her like that for their own comfort.

FuturedocDonte says:

Is that a Manufactured crisis :popcorn:

lovezoe says:

I will stop if its against the rules
      ———-
      No but really? You really stop spreading the Word to keep your login?

***************
      Nah, not foreal. People go hard for Bey, I stan for Jesus. :lol:
      But I probably would not list the scripture and verse or something like that.

FuturedocDonte says:

Is that a Manufactured crisis
      *********
      nope.

JuanHustle says:

Losing my mother to a stroke that left her brain dead, you still see life in a human body well after the brain is gone so I understand where Jahi’s mother mind is at. At some point, she’s gonna have to come to realization with this and let Jahi go on to her new home with the king.

nybrn2 says:

Praying for the mom…. People deal with death differently especially the death of a child.

Caramel Rain says:
      Psalm 147:3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
      Redeemed, is that you?

Miany says:

Heyyyy :hug: all aaround
      I :pray: for this family…this breaks my heart. No words, judgements or even an opinion because I can’t imagine the emotions. Be back in a :newpost: yall

Atypical says:

It’s so easy to say what you would or wouldnt do when you’re not in the situation. She’s not YOUR baby so it’s super easy to say just let her go, but you don’t know how you’d react because you dont have a child on life support…Anyway, Im not going to judge her for not wanting to let go. I can’t imagine, don’t even want to, what its like to go through that. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around…Smdh

deedeegirl says:

a dead person on a ventilator, harsh.

essenze says:

It is unfortunate all the way around. I pray that they find closure in the mist of this tragedy. Again, these “speciality clinics, rehabs, and hospitals” seem to feed off the familys pain. :-(

essenze says:

My grandmother was in a smiliar situation. She fell and hit her head. She was in a coma for a couple of weeks before she was declared brain dead. I know it was hard for my mom, aunts and uncles to make that decision and I know it was not done lightly.

Afiya says:

It hard to say but momma needs to just let her go. Live with the memories and know you did the best you could as a parent. I :pray: she finds comfort.

KayCeiSoul says:

Good Morning Roses! :hug:

Atypical..EVERYTHING you said! :claps:

I can’t and don’t want to imagine having to make a decision like that.
      :sad:

MsB2u says:

by Atypical on Jan 6, 2014 at 9:45 am
      —————-///////
      :thankyou:

KayCeiSoul says:

Good Morning Roses!

Atypical..EVERYTHING you said!

I can’t and don’t want to imagine having to make a decision like that.

******************

:cosign:
      The hardest thing in the world is having to put someone you love, especially a child, YOUR CHILD, in the ground and never, ever see them again.. I just cannot. People are so insensitive.

JerseyGirl68 says:

I still believe in miracles. Man does not have the final say so but Yahweh Rophe does. This world needs to see a miracle. :praying:

Where is MisTaken? We need to talk SOAPS. :thinking:

KayCeiSoul says:

Hey Cara! :waves:

And you better say that Jersey!! :nun:

Afiya says:

Personally I based my opinion on what I WOULD DO if it were my child, I have children and if I was faced with this situation, after weeks of going thru what the parent has gone through I would have to let her go, it won’t be easy but I wouldn’t want my child to be looked upon as a dead body just laying there, I couldn’t do that to HER. :shrug: It’s a sad situation.

rwilliams4782 says:

Anytime you have to get a coroner involved its time to let it go. They keep referring as her “body” so even the media knows that she is deceased. Feel sorry for the staff that have to tend to a deceased person. Its hard to let go but let her be.

cteastcoast says:

Where is MisTaken? We need to talk SOAPS
      ________________________________________

They say Mistaken is the “missing Dr” :hide:

Good Morning Kaycei :yahoo:

:tea: until new post

cteastcoast says:

Where is MisTaken? We need to talk SOAPS
      ________________________________________

They say Mistaken is the “missing Dr”
      ***********
      :thinking: she has been missing for a few weeks LOL

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Good Morning Everyone. I can’t deal with this post. I feel for the mother. I would not be able to let my little guy go. It’s so hard as a parent. smh. Prayers for her and her family.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Hold up, yall still have not found Mistaken?!

KayCeiSoul says:

:coffee: until new post

*******************

Me too. I am the only person in attendance today, from a team of 8 people.
      I braved the cold and snow to get here and I live 30 miles from where I work.

I’m feeling some type of way about that. I really am. :thinking:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Hold up, yall still have not found Mistaken?!

*****************
      nope :lol: she’s MIA

LuvMySailor says:

I want to know when the hospital is going to be investigated? After reading the grandmother’s account on CNN, it sounds like they did not suture her wounds properly and it took forever for nurses to respond when she started hemorrhaging. Bottom line, THEY caused this child’s death.

Good Morning Loves, Good Morning Sandra!

How is everyone this morning?

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

I want to know when the hospital is going to be investigated?
      ——
      Right! Why is there nothing being said about this?!

SunnyPA says:

Years ago, my boyfriend was in a car accident that left him ‘brain dead’. At that time, the hospital couldn’t take a body off life support without the consent of next of kin. His mother lived in Alabama and it took her 5 days to get the money to fly up to see him and then take him off life support.

When his mother got the hospital bill, she fought the hospital. She said the hospital knew he was dead and should have taken him off life support. She woould’ve seen him at the funeral home. She was then stuck with a hospital bill she couldn’t pay (his life insurance policy would’ve taken care of that but she didn’t want to give up the money).

The hardest thing for me while waiting for his mother … knowing he’s dead but I couldn’t stop hoping for a miracle.

Jahi’s family knows she’s dead … I feel they’re doing it for attention and support when they sue the hospital. The media needs to leave this story alone.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

I braved the cold and snow to get here and I live 30 miles from where I work.
      ——-
      God bless you for that, because honey, my behind would of been at home. Let’s pray they let you go home early.

rwilliams4782 says:

Thats why I am on the DNR list.. My mother or gf has my blessing to trip over the switch. I’m not about to put them in unnecessary debt to look at me.. A picture is free.

Caramel Rain says:

Me too. I am the only person in attendance today, from a team of 8 people.
      I braved the cold and snow to get here and I live 30 miles from where I work.

I’m feeling some type of way about that. I really am
      *****************
      Wow Kay… I’d feel some type of way too. And no one showed up out of 8 ppl? You have a family too. Hmpf. Be careful traveling.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@Kenya How are you? And someone needs to put out a missing persons report on her. I hope her and the kiddies are ok.

Chile let me go.. :peace:
      Green smoothie time..

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

*********************
      :lol: Im good. About to get make me a green smoothie. My friend is getting married and I have to lose a few pounds so I’ll look good in these ugly dresses :lol: how about you? Whats up with ya

:newpost: still sad though

Whew! Let me know when there is a new post… I just read something that is… well…. !!!! :eek:

Just let me know when there is a new post. :(

newpost Razz :lol:

LuvMySailor says:

SunnyPA says:

———————————
      I’m sorry for your loss

SandieAu05 says:

My dad had to make the same decision for my grandmother. It was hard, but my grandmother was 78. I couldn’t imagine having to make that decision for my child. Lord knows I would hold on to any ounce of hope until I was certain. I pray that any one involved (even the hospital) who has phony motives be exposed soon!

gbellab says:

So sad. The video explains a lot. Thanks Sandra for the warning.. still watched. I’m sick at the fact that the autopsy is being delayed so there’s a chance her body will heal and we won’t know the actual cause of “death”

Crickett says:

Just read the court docs. The neurologist states her body is in a state of decay. She is pooping out the lining to her intestines, her body is cold, she has blood and puss coming out her eyes and nose. At what point is it abuse of a corpse.

Crickett says:

And the weirdo lawyer says they’re giving her antibiotics for infections. I wonder what licensed doctor ordered those medications for a corpse?