Benzino Shot While Attending Mother’s Funeral

Benzino in intensive care

Scroll down for updates after the break…

Love & Hip Hop Atlanta star Benzino, 48, was reportedly shot “multiple times” while leaving his mother’s funeral in Boston, MA today, according to Allhiphop.com.

A suspect is in custody and will be arraigned Monday on attempted murder and weapon charges.

Benzino, whose real name is Raymond Scott, is pictured above in his hospital room (thanks @Felicia7997). The photo was uploaded to Instagram by Benzino’s co-star Stevie J.

Rapper, magazine publisher and reality TV star Benzino was reportedly [shot] in Boston, MA while attending the funeral of his mother.

Days ago, Benzino [announced] the passing of his mother via his Twitter account. Today, he attended her funeral service where local police say he was targeted during the procession. Source

Update: Benzino is reportedly in critical condition at a Boston hospital. There are numerous reports on Twitter.com that the shooter is Gai Scott, Benzino’s nephew.

Update 2: Benzino’s status is upgraded to stable condition at South Shore hospital per @AdamHardingNews

Stevie J's selfie from Benzino's hospital room

Updated 3: Stevie J Instagram’d this selfie from Benzino’s hospital room. Only TMZ can turn a flesh wound into multiple gunshot wounds. Smh.

68 Responses to “Benzino Shot While Attending Mother’s Funeral”

Ms. YaYa says:

I still can’t believe this!!! You really have to be a sorry b*****d to do something like this… No respect at all!!!

@ Ms. YaYa: was he the intended target?

Ni ni says:

This is just sad. The man cant even bury his mother in peace. I cant understand this type of living or mentality.

Ms. YaYa says:

I am not sure… they said it was an on going feud between the men in the vehicles but I am not sure if he was the intended target…it’s so sad

:shocked: Omgawd! I hope he survives unscathed. :no: Shame on it!

I just updated the post with a photo of Benzino in a hospital room. They said he’s in intensive care. He doesn’t look like he’s in critical condition. I see the nurse’s chair next to his bed. So maybe he is in critical condition.

He’s in stable condition. Probably just a flesh wound. I wonder if Mona had cameras rolling at the funeral?

Ninjas too damn old for the bullshyt :nono: glad he ok

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

Wow. I hope this had nothing to do with LHHATL. He is blessed that whoever shot him couldn’t aim.

capricorn83 says:

:thumbsup: 3 weekend posts Sandy!!

Smh at this. Glad Benzino is ok and the shooter is in custody!

FuturedocDonte says:

right in time for the new season :coffee:

Either way, this is sad that a man cant even bury his family without getting capped. :no:

Draya says:

After analyzing the photos I have concluded that Benzino has a flesh wound in one arm, not multiple gunshot wounds like TMZ claimed. I hope this wasn’t another one of Mona’s scripted scenes.

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

by Sandra Rose
    Sandra I hope so as well. People need to learn your life is worth more than a lil check and 2 seconds of fame.

capricorn83 says:
    :thumbsup: 3 weekend posts Sandy!!

That’s 7 weekend posts, hun. I put in werk today. :yes:

San ah make ya dance says:

Why they taking pics tho? :facepalm:

San ah make ya dance says:

That’s 7 weekend posts, hun. I put in werk today. :yes:
    ————–
    Yes you did :clap: I had to check my calendar to make sure :lol:

capricorn83 says:

Completely missed the others… sorry Sandy!

MrsL says:

Why must people post pics of everything on social media? :tea:

Glad, he’s okay though.

missyJ says:

Sure this dude ain’t in there for a tune up on his peck and bicep implants :think:

When is LHHATL returning? They drew straws to see who’d get a flesh wound for publicity

BigCityGirl says:

IDK what could have happened to warrant you being shot by a family member at your mother’s funeral…smh. There is absolutely no respect for ANYTHING anymore. When you pull out a gun and start shooting in a funeral procession you are putting several lives in danger..and if you didn’t have respect for your uncle…how about allowing your grandmother to be buried in peace. This whole thing is just sad.

I’m glad Benzino is ok….

spiceykay says:

Something is off about these pictures. Why are they mirrored images one pictures it was the right side and the other images it’s the left side. Something in the milk ain’t clean. I’m not sure if the whole thing is fake or just hyped up more than it should be.

Nhere says:

^^^ Hopefully it’s two different rooms. 1 ER 1 hospital room or ICU

I want to fire the grill up but its to windy :cry:

Nhere says:

This ignorance has happened at funerals of people who were gang or drug affiliated. Sandra you have spent time to help people understand what love, narcissism and various medical conditions are. Perhaps on a slow news day, if you don’t mind, reminding people what respect, common courtesy, morality and what qualities they should look for in a mate. Yes, these are common sense values that should have been taught by their loved ones but the lack is obvious. Many of my family members skipped out on a relative’s funeral this weekend to avoid being harmed by ignorance.

I am sure mannie mannie people will be tuned in :sarcasm:
    Tuned in to the wrong shatt. :eek:

I feel bad that this woman could not be laid to rest HOWEVER this cat is on a show that puts dumb thoughts into our youth and grown folks (yep said it) heads and is shooting pics from the hospital—–just doing too much—so whatevs :shrug:

spiceykay says:

@nhere I was actually meaning the bandage arm being on opposite sides and the sling. I believe unless something happened within the family that caused a death then family should be especially closer during that time.

Nhere says:

@spicykay I totally glazed over the bandage, that’s ridiculous. The family does normally come together in those times. But it’s sad when a good majority of the family couldn’t be there for one another due to word on the street, and person loss their life due to a certain lifestyle. You want to be there for your people, no one wants to risk their life in the process.

@dtts everyone is on to the reality show antics. If this is a part of that, too bad they had to stoop so low. Most of what we counter today esp in the media is designed to draw down our intelligence, that’s a given. I’ve seen better days, there is no balance now. You damn near have to sit a grown person on your lap and teach them right from wrong. Shyt is just steadily declining is all I’m saying. :nun:

Yardgirl says:

Nhere says:

*********************

Thank you, ITA!!! I just watched the “Unsung Hollywood” on **** Gregory and what he did in his fight for our civil rights. Now the white agenda is using these “reality” shows to show us as less than (when did it become OK for grown women to have fist fights on TV and get accolades for it??) made me sad as heyl!! :cry: No shade to anyone who watchest them, just not my cup of tea.

Oh wells, go UConn!! :bball:

Yardgirl says:

YIKES D ick Gregory’s name was sensored!! We can thank whitey for shortening Richard to D ick (and his mom did not get/like it either!)

missyJ says:

spiceykay says:

=================

It’s a selfie… mirror image

BigCityGirl says:

@SpicyKay…GOOD detail eye. I too went back to look at pictures and it appears the bandage and sling have switched arms….Now I don’t know what to say about this…It appears that the shots and arrest were REAL…but I’m beginning to wonder about the extent of these injuries???!!

Nhere, I had time of my life watching a teen watching a reality show for ten minutes whilst over her mothers house :huh: :huh: :huh: Friday night…
    And I now see exactly where all these grown ass real people walking around are gettin their etiquette from :eek:
    It’s a shame
    It’s embarrassing
    I am not going back over that ladies house either! :lol: #ionsubscribetoeverykindifstupid

I wanted to tell her to teach her daughter blah blah blah BUT both mother and daughter act like these Stupid Ass Reality Show Bishes with no couth and no tact :shrug:

They”ll be asking who wants fries with Dat I’m sure :no: smh folks don’t even see themselves getting set back.

Judging ion care. :tea:
    Child abuse IMB :tea: #teamraiseyourfugginkids

I think the picture is just flipped because the bad arm is still near the same tattoo.

Even the thought to share this at his age :facepalm:

TruGemini says:

Lord forgive me, but why do I smell all kinds of bullshyt with this story??
    :sideeye:

Ms. YaYa says:

TruGemini says:

Lord forgive me, but why do I smell all kinds of bullshyt with this story??
    ___________________________________________________________________
    At first I was very upset but then to the life of me I couldn’t understand why Stevie-J was allowed in the ICU room (usually it’s immediate family only) and why was he taking pics and posting them on social media??? I read where he was in critical condition but it doesn’t look that way to me. I pray this is not a tv stunt… I’m still sorry for the loss of his mother though

Ms. YaYa says:

By the looks of that picture the only thing in critical condition is Benzino’s lineup :tea:

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

Well you know sleazo and zino :kona:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

———
    I fuggin died!!

ALBoy says:

Why did Terry Cruz photo bomb this guys sick selfie :coffee:

Yardgirl says:

:woohoo: UCONN!!! :bball: What what!! Final 4 baby!!! :cheer1:

read about Benzino and his nephew’s issues. Nephew’s mother (Benzino’s sister)
    Stole their mother’s house forging moms sig and Benzino’s.

:tea:

It’s triff

Nhere :thumbsup: I like your font :clap:

Sandra dear, can we have a housewives post tomm??? Please :biggrin:

:no: Luvie. You told me its ppl like this in the world. I just caint. :no: Shame on it frfr!!

Crickett says:

I’m suspecting that Benzino #1 Didn’t pay for the funeral #2 Didn’t keep in contact with his mother #Had his mother living in poverty, those are the things that get family heated when you show up to your mother’s funeral with cameras but you been M.I.A since 96.

Sandra dear, can we have a housewives post tomm??? Please

I’ll see if I can find a video for you tomorrow. You don’t know I don’t watch that foolishness. :)

Nhere says:

It’s sad that people can’t pay their last respects out of fear of violence. :no:

Walking dead is theeeee shyt :yahoo:

BigCityGirl says:

They keep saying he was in a slow funeral procession when he got shot. But then a passing motorist stopped and took him to the hospital? Was he at the end of the funeral procession and they kept going and left him behind? Aren’t funeral processions escorted by motorcycle police? :shrug:

Crickett says:

I certainly hope the VH1 cameras were not there filming. :no:

San ah make ya dance says:

Please take this silly post down

San ah make ya dance says:

I mean :newpost:

Smonae says:

GM Sandra
    San :waves:

can we get a RHOA post along with the tea on how Portia beat the sh*t out of Kenya during the reunion taping
    :thankyou:

Rhoa bored the mess out of new last night :tea: spent the whole time fast forwarding… I too would like to get the teas on that ass kicking :popcorn: #TeamPorsha on that fight

kamadiva says:

Morning All! :hi: Hope everyone had a good weekend!

RE; Benzino – that is crazy! I hope he recuperates quickly! People are crazy!

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

This is a hot mess :no: People were commenting people in Boston don’t like Benzino and he should know better than to come back there. Ummmmm his mom died :wtf: There is no honor among criminals. On another note… I hope the cameras were rolling :kona:

kamadiva says:

back to :kona: I got plenty of work this week!

kamadiva says:

Sandra Rose says: Aren’t funeral processions escorted by motorcycle police?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    not unless you pay for it…

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

But um yeah… This whole posting your hospital picture on social media is :lame: I am sure someone will say he did it to let his *air quotes* FAN :rofl: know that he was ok. But really they could wait. A simple statement would have sufficed. And Stebbie J is too creepy. But I admit I miss the show :oops:

Matchsticks says:

so this #thot is suing 2 Chainz… :facepalm:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

@Matchstix: She doesn’t have a case. She willingly went back stage and even yelled out her social media handles :stop: The only way she will win will be if he just settles to get rid of her or if the can prove her reputation suffered. Being that she is a THOT…… I can’t see how that is true. BUT :thinking: He did call her a THOT several times on camera.. That doesn’t help. These rappers will have to start watching how they talk to and about these women. Might actually be interesting. If Gloria Allred gets a hold of it :no:

FuturedocDonte says:

Morning Everybody :waves:

I wonder if his nephew was aiming for his neck :shrug: <– benzino

Matchsticks says:

@MisTaken

She doesn’t have a case, I don’t even remember him calling her a “thot” to her face, he asked one of his crew members if she belonged to him…also, he TOLD her that it was blog territory and once she was informed all she cared about was whether she looked good on camera and then like you said she shouted out her Instagram handle…if this chick don’t GO ON somewhere! She’s embarrassed and she SHOULD be…her behavior should not be something young girls want to mimic…THIRSTY broad!

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

@Match: I get it and I agree with you but in this litigious society we live in where people sue AND win at the drop of a hat I say nothing is cut and dry. On one hand she consented to being in blog territory. On the other he did call her a THOT on camera. Whether to her face or not it was documented and spread across the internet :shrugs: I say F her. She needs to be shamed.

Matchsticks says:

@MisTaken

:lol: yeah, you have a good point…I bet 2 Chainz is rolling his eyez at this yamp…

Wasting time says:

:hi: Roses
    When I saw this over the weekend I just thought, Mona somewhere doing the money dance :yes:

JerseyGirl68 says:

What the eff did he do to his nephew to make him pop his azz? :blank: