Lupita Nyong’o, First Black Woman To Be Named People’s Most Beautiful

Lupita Nyong'o covers People magazine

Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o has achieved another entertainment industry milestone!

Forget Beyonce, Kenya’s Lupita Nyong’o (by way of Mexico) is the first 100% black woman to ever top the list of PEOPLE’s 50 Most Beautiful.

Congrats Lupita!

The Oscar-winning 12 Years a Slave star succeeds the Iron Man 3 actress for this year’s title, marking her first appearance on the magazine’s cover. The news was revealed on NBC’s Today Wednesday.

Nyong’o never dreamed she would be the person selected for the publication’s 25th anniversary issue. “It was exciting and just a major, major compliment,” the 31-year-old Non-Stop star humbly admits. “And especially, I was happy for all the girls who would see me on [it] and feel a little more seen.” Source

• Jessie

Perfect choice! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations Lupita!!

• aRoTh

She kind of favors Michelle Obama in this pic.

• Aprilbaby

Yes! I knew it! Congrats to her! About time!

• Matchsticks

I would ask what 100% black means but it don’t matter…congrats to Lupita, well deserved! :applause:

So pretty :love:

and her humble personality is just beautiful :love:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Matchsticks says:

I would ask what 100% black means but it don’t matter…

100% black means she is not Beyonce, who is only 25% black.

• http://www.ejb.kitsylane.com The Reverend Priestess Prophetess Pastor Bishop Mother Pope of the Church of BLACK Jeesus Pickachu Tran

100% black though.. O Ok :coffee:

BUT ANYWAY congrats LUPITA you have been slaying this year, well deserved. :yahoo:

:dead:

• Wasting time

:claps: for Lupita

And, so yeah, um no one is a 100% black since . . . .you know what never mind :kona:

• Mr.BluPhi

wait…. Bey and Halle aren’t 100% black???

Lupita is beautiful. Congrats. She has really been killin it this year.

• Aprilbaby

Matchsticks says:
    I would ask what 100% black means but it don’t matter…
    100% black means she is not Beyonce, who is only 25% black.
    Though I wasn’t going to say anything about Bey I will say people usually pics lighter “women” to be on their list. No men you can be a black and Djimon Hounsou and make the list.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Mr.BluPhi says:

wait…. Bey and Halle aren’t 100% black???

Where have you been?

• libra80sbaby

congrats to Lupita, well deserved! :applause:

• Wasting time

Does Lupita classify herself as black? Lots of Africans don’t :tea:

• SummerBaby

She’s so pretty! :clap:

• libra80sbaby

Wasting time says:

Does Lupita classify herself as black? Lots of Africans don’t :tea:
    —————–
    oh her azz is black :tea:

• http://www.pinterest.com/stilettosoulja/ User Friendly

I think Im the only person in the world that does not think her or Idris are cute. :no: I just dont see it. :shrugs:

I think its more about what she represents than her actual face….then again, look at the runner ups on the side of the mag :eek:

Kudos tho :partyhat: strike while the iron is hot, honey!

• Matchsticks

Matchsticks says:
    I would ask what 100% black means but it don’t matter…
    100% black means she is not Beyonce, who is only 25% black.
    _________

1. it may surprise you that the word “black” especially in modern days means a mix of everything with a common denominator of African Ancestry.
    2. I didn’t know Beyonce was a quadroon, aren’t both her parents black?

Beauty is deeper than skin and appearance. I have been hearing that her spirit is beautiful :tea: when you converse with her you just gush :love: :yes: humble she is and intelligent…. Now that’s beautiful :clap:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Wasting time says:

Does Lupita classify herself as black? Lots of Africans don’t :tea:
    —————–
    libra80sbaby says:

oh her azz is black :tea:

She’d better know it. :coffee:

• Matchsticks

libra80sbaby says:

Wasting time says:
    Does Lupita classify herself as black? Lots of Africans don’t :tea:
    —————–
    oh her azz is black :tea:
    _____

I know what she’s saying tho, some don’t want to be aligned with black Americans…but IDK what Lupita considers herself…

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Matchsticks says:

2. I didn’t know Beyonce was a quadroon, aren’t both her parents black?

At least one of Beyonce’s parents are quadroons. Which makes her 50% quadroon, 25% black and 25% other. :coffee:

• Matchsticks

:lol: @Sandra

Do you know HOW MANY of us fall into those categories! you are a hoot!

User Friendly says:

People couldn’t possibly go by just a face cause to me Jennifer Lawrence is basic as hell :shrugs: but a nice young laady . Julia Roberts smile is beautiful….. and Jennifer that was married to Brad pit is not cute at all to me …. but they swear that woman is drop dead gorgeous… it has to be other factors…. either way …… this award for Lupita is well deserved :yes:

User Friendly says:

• Wasting time

Matchsticks says:

Does Lupita classify herself as black? Lots of Africans don’t :tea:
    —————–

Yea Match; I know a lot of them get offended if you call them black and will state a slew of reasons why they aren’t; most reasons are very stereotypical but holds some truths.

Matchsticks says:

libra80sbaby says:
    Wasting time says:
    Does Lupita classify herself as black? Lots of Africans don’t :tea:
    —————–
    oh her azz is black :tea:
    _____

Black :tea: raised in Mexico but born in Africa I think :thinking: or was it the other way around?

• http://www.pinterest.com/stilettosoulja/ User Friendly

I agree, Jenie. they go by the image of what the person respresents more than actual aesthetics.

….cuz she’s not cute to me and probably not to a lot of other people either but its like you arent allowed to say that.

• Draya said “that’s what strippers do” puppylove

@User :thankyou: for not liking Idris. More for me.

• luVn_liFe…

Congrats Lupita, Her skin is Gorg.

• Matchsticks

I personally think that Lupita is a pretty woman, nice features, beautiful skin. I’ve never been a fan of her hair style on a woman, but she wears it well… :shrugs:

• MissHarlem

Kudos :woot: I ain’t getting into black not black convo. Chit is stupid and childish.

In any event Happy Humpday :yahoo:

• Matchsticks

Draya said “that’s what strippers do” puppylove says:

@User :thankyou: for not liking Idris. More for me.
    ________

:lol: IKR! Idris is that deal baybeee!!!

User Friendly says:

Speak yo mind hunty :happy: We all have different views on Appearance :yes: Idris is sexy in most things he is in for me and that walk :love: something about that walk chile and his mannerisms :phew: you like what you like :yes:

• Smonae

Jesse

• libra80sbaby

:stop: IDRIS ELBA is FINE!! No debate

• Smonae

Harlem :happy: How ya been boo

• Gigi26

Well deserved. Her personality also makes her beautiful to me as well :yes:

If you ask ANY African what they are, they will respond with their country, most do not see themselves by “color” but by the country they are from. They know they are black, but their customs, traditions, distinct tribe, language make them more than just “black.” It’s more of a nationalism thing, so yes, they do get offended when you refer to them as Black American because it implies that their existence has been stripped from them. Simple. :tea:

SMonae :yahoo:

• libra80sbaby

:hi: Smonae

• luVn_liFe…

RUH roh
    Torrei Hart done sent for Eniko :tea: torrei says it’s easy to be someone’s rib when he’s a millionaire.
    Sad part

Sad part
    I believe Kev said he “KNOWS” Eniko wouldnt be with him if he wasnt wealthy
    —————-
    Who these peoples?? :popcorn:

Libra :hug:

• San ah make ya dance

Um yea so I believe I may be 100% Black but then again, my ancestors may have been raped and who knows what :confused:

• libra80sbaby

Jenie!1 *Forrest Gump Voice* :hugs:

• Smonae

Luvn :waves:

“I believe Kev said he “KNOWS” Eniko wouldnt be with him if he wasnt wealthy”

Now thats just sad, he shoulda stayed with the chick who liked his lil 1/2 pint azz for him :shrugs:

luVn_liFe… says:

RUH roh
    Sad part
    I believe Kev said he “KNOWS” Eniko wouldnt be with him if he wasnt wealthy
    ________________________

Hell she right :tea: but some shyt should be kept to yaself …. hell cause it comes across as bitter ijs…. :coffee: I agree with her statement but I wouldn’t have even commented on that ninja and his new chick.. :tea:

• San ah make ya dance

User Friendly
    Match
    Blu
    Tran
    April
    Jesse
    MOrniNg :thnakyou: NAE for that rollcall!

• Gigi26

And to me Lupita oozes intelligence and beauty in a way that has been missed from the entertainment industry especially from a black woman. She has grace :yes:

Hell most of Hollywood is known for who they fukk, suck, and what they snort :yes:

She’s a breath of fresh air.

• http://www.pinterest.com/stilettosoulja/ User Friendly

libra80sbaby says:

IDRIS ELBA is FINE!! No debate

I wish I could see it. I want to drool and get riled up too :crying:

:pray: that Eniko doesnt respond. you cant win a twitter fight with a comedianne. go buy some shoes or sum’n Neek-Neek, you aint built for this.

• Matchsticks

:hi: @Smonae

• MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky:

:claps:

• SummerBaby

Smonae :hi:

San ah make ya dance says:

More so than anything :tea: We traced our family tree on my father side …. we have all kind of folks mixed in out blood line… :tea: hell even Hank Aaron azz showed up chile :tea:

• Aprilbaby

It’s almost impossible for a black person born in the USA today to be 100% black especially if you family have been her for over 100 years. I have straight up whites, and hispanics in my family. It just doesn’t really happen with black Americans.

• Smonae

San if I rememba the last time u posed your photo, u at least 30% Cherokee & 10% French :yes:

• Gigi26

:waves: Heeey errybody!!

And Torrei got every damn right to speak her mind about Kevin, that nigga been making jokes about their marriage since he came on the set. It hurts to start at the bottom with someone and they start throwing the word “rib” when they come up and leave your ass behind :tea:

Bytch better humble himself :yes: he know he couldn’t get that if he didn’t have the cash he did :yes:

• San ah make ya dance

————
    :gossip: :yes:

• Matchsticks

:hi: @Luvn

Gigi26 says:

She’s a breath of fresh air.

:love: this comment :yes: :goodpost:

• San ah make ya dance

@Smonae, :lol: Imma do me one of those DNA test. Tell me something :lol:

• Smonae

:waves: Gigi & anyone I missed

• San ah make ya dance

That’s what those rich men want, the unattainable so they think :tea: Nigs fine with it too

Torrei Hart done sent for Eniko torrei says it’s easy to be someone’s rib when he’s a millionaire.
    Sad part
    I believe Kev said he “KNOWS” Eniko wouldnt be with him if he wasnt wealthy

She answered the question and she answered it honestly. I dont think she came off as bitter at all. Seeing how he started dating Eniko while he was still going home to is wife at night she is JUSTIFIED. :coffee: WE ALL KNOW eniko the “around-da-way” gurl from the DMV wouldn’t be with that black midget if it wasn’t for his status. Torrei helped him get there while he was at the bottom. and the model-like chick is reaping the benefits.. Typical black man goes hollywood BS

• luVn_liFe…

Wasting time says:He has said it or something along the lines of the money getting him a in and then they fell in love. I’m disheartened Torrei took it there, unless she was provoked. I love how she and Kev get down, work together as parents and on a professional level.
    ~~~~~~~~
    wasting, I thought he said it.

torrei was being interviewed and Naturally some messy essie asked and she gave her answer.
    :shrug:

• INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST

Freakin luv this chick!!! Perfect choice!!!

San ah make ya dance says:

@Smonae, :lol: Imma do me one of those DNA test. Tell me something

They can get to be really expensive :yes:

• Matchsticks

————

THIS^^^ with me it’s whites and Native American/Creole…so I guess I’m not 100% black either :sarcasm:

• San ah make ya dance

Jenie, :yes: I know. Imma do it anyway tho

• libra80sbaby

luVn_liFe :hugs:

• VDot

__________________________

:preach:

Nucca has entire comedy routines about his marriage. Talmabout how much happier he is than his ex-wife. :eyeroll:

• MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky:

________________________

Hell she right but some shyt should be kept to yaself …. hell cause it comes across as bitter ijs…. I agree with her statement but I wouldn’t have even commented on that ninja and his new chick.. :cosign:
    You can’t win Torrei. Even if it’s true. You will be classified as bitter party of 1 … And he ain’t never coming byke soooooo :shrugs:

• San ah make ya dance

——-
    Say what, I didn’t know that :no:

• MissHarlem

NAE :hug: hey hun. Hanging in there. Got a new job already want to :shank: a bitch. How you hun

• Gigi26

—————————————
    Thank you. She is far from bitter, she said it as it is…you can’t sugarcoat that shyt :shrugs:

• MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky:

*flares nose and stands up slowly* I’s nigra :trophy: :grin:

The Reverend Priestess Prophetess Pastor Bishop Mother Pope of the Church of BLACK Jeesus Pickachu Tran says:

Sad part
    I believe Kev said he “KNOWS” Eniko wouldnt be with him if he wasnt wealthy

So she has right to be angry (bitter) justified…. may not be what she is :tea: but that’s how it looks…. Totally agree with what she said though… Certain things I wouldn’t comment on… Now the Old Kevin stand up jokes, and what not … well if she likes the tick for tat method .. more power to her :tea:

• VDot

You will be classified as bitter party of 1

I hear ya. But at the same time, I wouldn’t be scared of being called bitter. I’m a lot of things at a lot of times, so Fugg it :shrug:

• Wasting time

I know I’m not “100% Black”. Massa was all up and in them slave quarters. My great grandmother was 50% and my granddad was massas and grandma was 50% native. All 11 of their kids procreated with dark skinned people.

• San ah make ya dance

:newpost:

• Smonae

Hell in America we all mixed, some of them sprites who think they pure whyt mistaken too.

• Smonae

Harlem Im good hun, been busy at work myself :no:

• JerseyGirl68

Lupita is beautiful. People Magazine finally got it right.

• free

Sandra Rose says: 100% black means she is not Beyonce, who is only 25% black.

*****************

beyonce is bl’eole, which is black mixed with popeyes.

• MrsL

free says:

Sandra Rose says: 100% black means she is not Beyonce, who is only 25% black.
    *****************
    beyonce is bl’eole, which is black mixed with popeyes.

*********

Whyy did you have to say that?? :wail: Made me spit out my drink!

• MrsL