Janelle and Monica at Outkast Reunion concert

Natural beauties Monica Brown, right, and Janelle Monáe posed together at Outkast’s Georgia Reunion concert at CounterPoint Music Festival in Rome, GA over the weekend. For some reason the group chose to perform in Rome (of all places) rather than in their hometown of Atlanta. But that didn’t stop hardcore fans from making the trip to Kingston Downs in the driving rain to watch their favorite group belt out their hits.

From Access Atlanta:

It took until 11:35 p.m. Sunday night for it to finally happen, but when Antwan “Big Boi” Patton and André “3000” Benjamin stepped onto the stage at CounterPoint Music Festival, all of the recent aggravations – the two-hour rain delay from earlier in the evening, the molasses-paced crawl of traffic into the parking area at Kingston Downs, the technical snafus that delayed the duo’s start time another 30 minutes – dissipated with the frenetic blast of “B.O.B.”

There, under a feverish swirl of spotlights and in front of a silhouette of an American flag, Big Boi and Andre 3000 took but a few seconds to slip into a groove that belied their near-decade apart.

True, Outkast had two dates at Coachella earlier this month to prepare for their homecoming (and yes, we know that Rome isn’t their hometown, but it’s as close to Atlanta as they’re coming right now). But this show would be special – and it was, if only symbolically.

Photo: Monica’s Instagram

69 Responses to “Photo of the Day: Janelle Monáe and Monica Brown”

Gigi26 says:

2 beautiful sistas :yes:

I heard that concert was amazeballs!

Ms Peaches says:

Natural beauty means No Make up right? They a cute tho. I missed Outkast soooooo much.

User Friendly says:

I like Monica’s hat but is that a wrinkle forming on her nose? :shocked:

she better stay from by that compound with Ms. Monae! :nono: do not follow the light Mrs. Brown! do nat!

Gorg girls!
    Glad the talented duo reunited and didn’t disappoint their fans.

she better stay from by that compound with Ms. Monae!
    _________________________

so, you insinuating what exactly?

Afiya says:

Beautifil ladies!

These “natural beauties” is buried in make up tho! :rofl:

69 says:

Janelle looks like she has a MEAN dildo collection. One in ever color and every size to insure that your kitty (or booty) is satisfied upon leaving the compound. :yes:

Monica be killing em. :yes:

This story is just begging for pics. Where dey at?

Ms Peaches says:

“Don’t pull the thang out, unless you plan to bang” ” Bombs over Baghdad” Yesssss sira.:headphone:

Matchsticks says:

I heard this was the best concert EVER!

So Outkast finally gets back together and you post pics of Janelle and Mo? Really? For real? Okay.

:think: i think i want Man AND 69 to take them feet and that shoe and getta steppin :hahaha:

SOTHERNGRL says:

From downstais
    choir director
    (((((((((((((((((
    1 of the choir directors we have gets on my nerves. Always telling you to look at your neighbor and tell him this look at your neighbor and tell him that if you love the Lord you ought to be on your feet. I was just defiant yesterday after how they did me I wasnt saying jack. Just sitting there like yo’ ol gay self. I said self instead of azz. I was in the house of the Lord. My Momma tried to raise me right.

SOTHERNGRL says:

Sandra seeing as how Monica is a FOTB did you tell her that this lady has a commune/cult and she may be in danger. IJS.

User Friendly says:

Ms Peaches says:

________________________

:buttshake:

And dont bang unless you plan to hit somethanggggggg :danban:

Buttercup says:

Those are some beautiful women! Outkast is doing a festival in London this summer. It’s one of Honey Dip’s favorite places to vacation. If he acts right, I may take him on a little trippy trip :coffee:

Buttercup says:

So y’all saying Auntie should tell her, “Monica girl you in danger :nun:

anw_rootbeer says:

ROME GA NATIVE BORN & RAISED! honored to have Outkast in our city!

Gigi26 says:

I hate 69 :rofl: :crying:

@JL from downstairs I indeed finished grad invites.

girl those choir directors on sunday morning be like them coaches on Bring It on Lifetime! – Fierce! :handclap: :handclap: <<< 2 snaps :nun:

she prob ain’t gonna tell her, yet. that way just before she gets in too deep, Sandra can then swoop in and ‘save’ her, thereby making Monica forever grateful to Sandra, her new she-roe :wink:

SOTHERNGRL says:

@Nancy this is him all day :nun:

missyJ says:

Sandra did you tell Monica if Janelle invite her over for barley water and wheat grass don’t go? :gossip:

DUB When the 1st strums startrd I was like :blink: :pray: Please dont play this, please dont do it. They did it and I almost chocked trying to keep it in.
    So far I have not caught the holy ghost in church yet :nun: I be like what’s wrong with me *Gabby lip quiver* I wanna catch it :ghost: But I already know what’s going to happen. They gone sing I Told the Storm or Behold the Lamb… Somebody big gotta sing it tho to hit the right notes :eek: And when they do I’mma just :woohoo: Sprint up that aisle for Jesus. My husband fast so he can prolly catch me ….lessen that holy spirit give you wheels and I be gone :woohoo: I am waiting for the day. I know it’s coming :yes: He’ll probably fall out and catch it right beside on account of us being in love and soul mates
    Me first :ghost:
    Him second :ghost:
    Taken9 :ghost: She sweet
    Taken2 :waiting: She a butthole
    TakenSon :eek: He hungry all the time

Ms Peaches says:

girl those choir directors on sunday morning be like them coaches on Bring It on Lifetime! – Fierce! <<< 2 snaps

————————————–
    If they mess up, there will be a lock in. Why do they only battle two teams????

SOTHERNGRL says:

@Mistake you and I are in the same boat I have yet to “catch” the spirit. But yesterday I was probably gone have to fake it cause that chit almost sent me into a fit and not a good one. :blink: :facepalm: Lord did I just say I was gonna have to fake the holy ghost.

OpinionHated says:

good skin and teeth even with 6 layers of makeup…. why is Janelle’s ear red – what is that? When she move her khaki hat off Monica face its gonna be Fashion Fair Bronze…..

I saw one episode of that DD4L show and :no: That lady mouf looks like she an open an ole school Coke bottle. No problem just :griil: Between them and that prancing tigers group they battled :no: More like some struggle musTrats. Them thangs was hideous.

missyJ says:

Whew Chile I just had me a salad for the gawds for lunch

SOTHERNGRL says:

*******************
    This is because yalls solar panel vortexes and spark plugs and wires are all lined up accordingly.

Buttercup says:

*fights MsT’s air* I cannot stand you! I could totally see the scene you just described. My aunt’s best friend runs and dances in the aisle just like you described. We don’t even stop her now :no: I was sitting at the end of the pew once, and she hopped across me into the aisle and she didn’t touch me AT ALL- not even the hem of her dress :eek: Some folks put on, but she really gets touched by the spirit :woohoo:

Girl the choir director/minister of music/praise & worship leader is really who runs the church now. :tea: Now you still got some pastors who will tell you it aint all about bodily exercise and that you gonna need some Word to sustain you, but it’s plenty churches where folks just show up to sing/dance/socialize. :tea:

I hate Janelle’s eyebrows :no: hate em

Like a kiss to the frontal lobe :ghost:
    @Butter :rofl:

SOTHERNGRL says:

why is Janelle’s ear red –
    ————
    @Opinhated looks like a earplug.

User Friendly says:

More like some struggle musTrats. Them thangs was hideous.

and then this…

=

:dead:

why is Janelle’s ear red –
    ————
    That’s How she recruit people. Through her ear sparks :kona:

User Friendly says:

MSVALLDAY says:

See how brown she is here. She is not using skin lighteners. That was the lighting when she did that photo shoot.

Yeah, Butter, these ones right here, they not to be played with :no: I have a sister who does this. she claim she can’t do a lot of physical stuff (like she couldn’t help us pack up the house when mama nem moved), but when the spirit hit her, that heifer be nimble like Jack! she’ll twirl out the pew on you so fast and be in the milla the aisle brushing her shoulder off before you eem know she left her seat. :phew:

VDot says:

hen she move her khaki hat off Monica face its gonna be Fashion Fair Bronze….

———————–

*scrolls up*

:dead: :yes:

Unless she has a strong makeup setter. :thinking: Maybe Urban Decay…or Elf. :lol:

utmost stupidity right here :rofl: :rofl:

Ms Peaches says:

“That heifer be nimble like Jack! she’ll twirl out the pew on you so fast and be in the milla the aisle brushing her shoulder off before you eem know she left her seat”.

—————————————-
    Lord take me now!!! You is special you know that Nancy.

Come to think of it Taken2 would run around the church too just for the heck of it. She be in church like :pray: :claps: :yahoo: then :zzz: She snored so loud at Easter my husband said he was like :no:

Buttercup says:

@Nancy, I like to witness stuff like that :ashamed: She’s not a member at my home church, but I always ask my aunt if she’s going to join when I visit. She has me mesmerized.

Ms Peaches says:

One time I thought I was in the spirit, but I think it was because I didn’t eat breakfast. I was lightheaded, seeing stars, the music was pumping through my chest. I jumped up and thought I was touched by a angel. Seriously, I was there. Now I keep candy in my purse.

VDot says:

:yawn:
    :whistle:
    :pray:
    :bounce:
    :twirl:
    :preach:

In that Order?

——
    Imma stop reading here. I wanna still respect you :lol:

capricorn83 says:

Maybe she meant natural hair bc those faces above….not that natural :tea: I do think they are both pretty without the cake face, though

Buttercup says:

Taken2 catching the ghost: ” :woohoo: You got me faded, faded, faded :danban: Surfboardt.”

Taken2 catching the ghost: ” You got me faded, faded, faded Surfboardt.”

by Buttercup on Apr 28, 2014 at 4:31
    ————-
    You know her so well :crying1:
    Last night I said let’s sing our song to go to sleep. It’s a nursery rhyme. She said :danban: WE BE ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!! I said :no:

SOTHERNGRL says:

@Butter I want to keep TAken2 sooo bad; and I want her to be on her worse behavior :shrug:

Buttercup says:

@Sothern, I would :heart: to hang out with her for a weekend. She would get hyped off of all kinds of soda, cookies, and such. I would encourage her to be herself (but not a puppy) and send her back to her folks to be deprogrammed :yes:

__________________________

:tape:

um, Peaches, is you a diabetical (or you was hung-over)?
    tell the truth and shame the debil! :danban1:

that’s pretty much it VDot. she be rocking & humming… then :waves:
    :wail: :bounce: :woohoo:

Me: :eek: :rolleyes: :facepalm:

She said :danban: WE BE ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!! I said :no:

Taken remma you said Taken2 was gonna be trying to do the Mimi in her bathroom and you was gonna find her clinging to the shower curtain like a koala bear?! :hahaha: :hahaha: lawd, i laughed about that all weekend :phew: you is ignant :yes:

Ms Peaches says:

um, Peaches, is you a diabetical (or you was hung-over)?
    tell the truth and shame the debil!

———————————————–
    Fo’real I felt the spirit and started cryin, don’t know what came over me.

JerseyGirl68 says:

I was never a big Outkast fan. I only like two of their songs: Miss Jackson and Hey Love.

That’s all I have for this post.

eastpointvet says:

show was awesome the energy was crazy