Reaction to Donald Sterling’s Ban for Life from the NBA

Reaction to Donald Sterling's Ban for Life from the NBA

The reaction to LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling‘s lifetime ban from the NBA was swift. NAB Commissioner Adam Silver, left, made the announcement earlier today during a live press conference.

In audio obtained by gossip tabloid TMZ.com, Sterling told his biracial girlfriend, Vanessa Stiviano, not to bring black men to his games — including NBA legend Magic Johnson, with whom Stiviano had posed for an Instagram photo.

NBA stars LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and former great Magic Johnson posted their sentiments on their official Twitter accounts in the moments after the announcement.

LeBron thanked Silver for “protecting our beautiful and powerful league.”

And Johnson tweeted, “Commissioner Silver showed great leadership in banning LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling for life.”

SOme NBA players say they are not completely satisfied with the league’s decision. They want the NBA board of governors to hold “an immediate vote” forcing Sterling to sell the Clippers team.

But a friend who spoke with Sterling today said he did not express a desire to sell the team at this time.

See more reactions after the break.

114 Responses to “Reaction to Donald Sterling’s Ban for Life from the NBA”

BoogieNites says:

:bye: Ashy !!

69 says:

That all mighty dolla will make everyone turn on each other. :bow:

There is POWER in the name of Benjamin :nun:

OpinionHated says:

All wealthy white men are racist period – that is how I feel and there is nothing that is gonna change my mind.. they’ll phuck a black (ethnic) girl but our men they would whip and chain them all if they had the chance….

Buttercup says:

The picture of his daughter :ghost:

Toure made so much sense. Why celebrate this when he’s still going to be making money off their black azzes?

I honestly didnt think Silver was gonna do shyt. Im proud of him. Better than what David Stern woulda did.

“I’d be interested investing in @LAclippers !!!! Make It #WingstopArena @WingstopCEO Lets Goooo !!!”

___________________________

:facepalm:

Peachizz says:

Banned from ALL the games for LIFE is harsh. My only question is why are people surpised, he’s known to have these type of racist tendencies…

69 says:

libra80sbaby says:

Melissa look like she need bout 4 meatloaf wit gravy sammiches…STAT! She lookin “crackishly” skinty Folks gone learn to leave that :snort: ALONE
    ________________________________
    I had to bring this up from downstairs. :casket:

Y’all ain’t never gone be ish around here. :hahaha:

VDot says:

:huh: at all these random azz verified Twitter accounts. If Ja-Rule can get his verified, then D@MMIT ME TOO :mad:

@OpinionHated says:

:cosign:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

He still needs VOTES though Man :lol:
    AND I strongly believe that other powerful men are going to be empathetic regarding the mistress/tapes situation :tea:

zurishay says:

his daughter tho…..lololol

:facepalm: Um, should Big Titti Rozay be promoting fried chicken? His moobs are bigger than my boobs. :sigh:

69 says:

Peachizz says:

Cause “we” only ride for a cause online and tend to forget (Trayvon Martin) as soon as the next big sensational story hits.

The same way George Zimmerman still walking around here free, eatin ham sammiches and shyt, living with no remorse.

Same thing with Sterling. :coffee:

JerseyGirl68 says:

I beat all the NBA owners have confiscated the smartphones, ipads, tablets, laptops and computers of their side hoes and jumpoffs.

Silverman probably told them to get their wives and hoes in check. :-)

OpinionHated says:

The mnistress should be ashamed of herself – you was letting this old wrinkled ball racist blow your backs out for some bags a car and a condo (not a house) knowing he is racist – how can you phuck with someone who hates what you are – I don’t get that – ain’t enough red bottom shoes and Birkin bags for me to be chattal for some white man – any man….

Wasting time says:

@DTTS I saw the pre sale tix where front row and hive perks. I’m not interested in that. I do need to be able to her and Jay and blow it all the way down

69 says:

OpinionHated says:

Add to that, all wealthy Blacks, Jews, Mexicans, and Asians too. They’re all racist. :coffee:

this fool said “wingstop arena” :facepalm:

le sigh.

Gigi26 says:

Proud of the action but they better not play until the see some paperwork that shows Sterling isn’t getting paid otherwise, this shyt is just hogwash. :tea:

Excuse me because I don’t use bad words in real life but on here I fake it so let me say to the Rick Ross tweet about naming the stadium WingStop Arena:
    SHED THE FUK UP :stop: You sound STUPID AS HAYLE. And before other people tell me other Arenas got crazy names too I get that. BUT WING STOP ARENA???? It don’t get no better than that???? Not Rosay Arena??? Not Maybach Stadium?? BUT FREAKING WING STOP ARENA. Might as well call it WATERMELON FIELD..or COTTON PICKING ARENA
    T.I. VOICE “take these bullets out my hand” and :shotsfired: Yourself.

Aren’t we all to a certain extent? :shrug:
    We all have strong feeling about race :yes: and we all probably have said more than we would want anyone else to hear :shrug:

Gigi26 says:

FYI Folks: STERLING IS A JEW. He of all folks should know how this racist shyt work being that Hitler done eliminated scores of em back in the day. Smh

But he’ll be aight. They always find a way

Gigi26 says:

=========
    That’s what it is IMB :tea:

Banned from ALL the games for LIFE is harsh
    You are NOT entitled to your opinion

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

SHED THE FUK UP :stop: You sound STUPID AS HAYLE.
    :hahaha: :wail: :cry:
    :dead:

That isnt his daughter , He has one daughter, Joanna Sterling. All his kids are grown, One is deceased
    Do
    the
    education

Wasting time says:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Banned from ALL the games for LIFE is harsh
    You are NOT entitled to your opinion

missyJ says:

=======

More classist and elitist but it’s all wrapped up in a bow. Money fuels these types and if you got it and they can get some of it, they are color blind… for the moment

@DTTS: I really got disgusted over that Wingstop Arena tweet :rofl: DO BETTER RICHARD ROSS :rules: before you manage to die. I bet he don’t never eat the celery that come with the wings. He prolly call it play play food :facepalm:

Gigi26 says:

~~~~~~~~
    what I said earlier. :zzz:

_________________________

this is what happens when folks are desperate to assimilate. she had to already hate who she is in order to ‘swallow’ the hatred he expressed. he made her foolish arse actually believe that by him ‘accepting’ her, it made her better and an ‘exception’ to his rules against Blacks and somehow this made her (in her mind) more closely associated with whiteness and helped her distance herself from Blackness.

Do
    the
    education
    Cause you know we quick to jump on something and run with. BET you all Rick Ross wing money somebody already done retweeted it and it’s on their page. I don’t want to point finger or name names but uhhhh.. BRENDEN :eek:

Confession: That joke about Melyssa needing to eat a meatloaf sammich was funny and also hit home. I am making meatloaf for dinner tonight. You think I should send her some? :thinking:

WELL, I knew it had to be serious when YOU OF ALL PEOPLE going off about wings :kona:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:
    ~~~~~~~~~

To me, he’s no different that Black folks who adopt the mentality of the oppressor. :shrug:

@Sandra You Know this man is pisst and ready to file some lawsuits, U think he can sue you for saying thats his dooter?

Struggleisreal says:

www . nba .com /clippers/one

Can’t you see a big chicken wing in the middle of the page.

Nope, okay talk with you later.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

I for one think that they will get the votes. I honestly did not think they would do this much. I bet there are some owners right now thinking “this clown is bringing way too much attention to the way we think. He gotta go” Mind you, money talks. And if the numbers add up more for the other owners, they will tell him Bye Felicia.

Struggleisreal says:

If I may, I’ll answer the question – How you interact with someone who hates you.

1. Most do it everyday, they managers, supervisors hate you
    2. There are scores of women, who have low self esteem, that have relations with men for Jewelry, Luxury cars and mortgage payments.

Struggleisreal says:

Greetings MStaken – How are you today, we haven’t chatted in while. Are you still doing “exercising”

You know elbow work…

Some for just Applebees :shrug:

Struggleisreal says:

Good Day Don’t Talk to Strangers. How are you today, Ms Taken left again.

Are you still doing “exercising”

:ghost:

Struggleisreal says:

@Taken – You you out there.

You know elbow work…Bringing a fork to you mouth.

You know I’m fewling with you. Come here and give me a church hug.

weFukNorNah says:

Hope all the blacks happy..now if they could hold themselves to the same caliber that would be great…

BK2ATLMAN says:

So what if he’s banned, he wasn’t making any decisions during the games anyway.. Also i thought you had to get both parties consent to record a conversation in cali????

@dts
    “3. The power of money is real, just imagine women sleep and deal with men who are only willing to give them a fish sandwich. (no white bread or hot sauce)

Some for just Applebees”
    :mad:

Its some people steaming mad from this shyt :cuss: :phew:

:rolleyes:

Struggleisreal says:

Good Day Don’t Talk to Strangers. How are you today, Ms Taken left again.

Probably working on lunch #3 :shrug:

:huh:
    Some of these comments…

Boy I tell ya.

@Taken – You you out there.

You know elbow work…Bringing a fork to you mouth.

You know I’m fewling with you. Come here and give me a church hug.
    ——-
    Walking to my car. You know I was lurking :rofl:
    Yes I still do it :eek: I have moved up to the forearms now. Anyways about to get the kiddies. Can’t :typing: and :steer: You heard about that lady who tweeted she loved the song Happy and then managed to die 1 minute later :no: Won’t be me. Be like her last post was on SR talking about Wing Stop

————
    Not surprised OUTRAGED

:huh:
    Some of these comments…

Boy I tell ya
    ————
    I don’t even know yo specifics but Imma :cosign:

Be like her last post was on SR talking about Wing Stop

:ghost:

All the folks that Imma see tonight who ask/talk about this nba stuff—Imma ask them how their kids grades etc. are :eek:

San, you moving out? Into something ‘together’? :bounce:
    I saw something downstairs :tea:

San ah make ya dance says:

That dmn pic of him sneaking into games :rofl:

Struggleisreal says:

Good Night Taken, I was certain that you were lurking. I said to self, watch this heifer say something. :kiss:

Speaking of comments, I’ve seen of Real Gravie Friday, and just about wanted to retire my login, so I know what you mean.

@DTTS its in the works girl :bounce: IDK tho :bite: Im getting old tho :rofl:

Jamillah says:

He said in a private conversation what many white people say and think on a daily basis. If everyone’s private conversations were made public, and action was taken because of said conversations, the economy would collapse because very few people would remain employed. He had to go because his comments hurt the morale of the NBA. Once an employer talks this badly about his/her employees the company would collapse economically under the pressure.

Gigi26 says:

I can give a hot shyt about fat coon Ross, I really don’t want them to play until they can prove he ain’t getting a penny if they hit the court. They better fight. Idgaf, this dude spit in yall faces so you better stick it to his pockets :yes:

The Uncle Tom syndrome is real today

Struggleisreal says:

@Dont Talk to Strange Men – Know what you mean, grades. Heck, ask them where they kids are. When is the last time they check their book bag.

But any whooo, I don’t have kids, but I know where all my cats, dogs, birds and fish are.

Age ain’t nothing but a number San :nun:

If it ‘feels right’ do it! :thumbsup:

Sometimes you have to take risks :woot:
    Make your decision based on facts (not emotion) :hug:

Struggleisreal says:

Hello – San, don’t think we spoke today. How you doern girl. I’ve started saying Vintage or Long in the Tooth. You probably aren’t that old.

Struggleisreal says:

:hug: I am sure that you are a good pet parent :yes:

@GIGI
    The Uncle Tom syndrome is real today
    BRUH!

:phew:

Chit I’m waiting for them to open up a pay pal to collect money on Sterling’s behalf!

Buttercup says:

The Uncle Tom syndrome is real today
    ========

I’ve started saying Vintage or Long in the Tooth.
    ^^^^^^^
    Shout Out to 1Tooth :woot:

:facepalm: :kona:

Age ain’t nothing but a number San :nun:

If it ‘feels right’ do it! :thumbsup:

Sometimes you have to take risks :woot:
    Make your decision based on facts (not emotion) :hug:
    ————-
    Awww :crying1: But forreal tho if I went off emotion I prolly wouldn’t :hahaha: It just makes sense right now. I figured its not the end of the world. Adults should be able to say hey it aint the best lets switch this back and keep it moving together :yes:
    …And why you sound like my mama :huh:

Gigi26 says:

Jamilah, he’s the head of a corporation that employees damn near 100% of blacks. He is held to a higher standard once those PRIVATE convos become PUBLIC.

There’s a difference between private staying private and private going public. In PR and marketing there is no freedom of speech such as this. He hurt his pockets and hurt revenue because of his disgusting views. Fukk the economy, he has no respect or remorse so he should suffer accordingly. Shyt if we thought like this back in the 50s and 60s we’d still be under Jim Crow legally :no:

———–
    Gotdamnit :ghost: :hahaha: Naw I aint :hi:

Imma ask them how their kids grades etc. are :eek:

okay, and you gonna have that same expression :eek: when they punch you in the thoak :eek:

Milky says:

Wow 2.5 milli aint shait to a billionaire. He is banned but he still making money because he own the team… whatev :buttshake:

San ah make ya dance says:

Sometimes I be wondering if people are black on here or nah (Maybe we offensive?) :kona:

Buttercup says:

======

But his face though is soo unbothered in that first pic! He shoal is NOT a looker and he had a mistress, really? Im glad I don’t like sports and care less about it! We live right next door to racists everyday, they just aint as bold as they use to be! Sad but thats the world we live in! Smh! :tea:

___________________________

:sick: pethoarder! :sick: :kona:

:kiss: :hahaha:

Buttercup says:

========
    That never even occurred to me, but I think you’re on to something. Well, Man was accused of being a white man who is racist, but we all know he is in a category of his own.

_____________________________

or offer to come clean his house for free (like he would even let them clean his stables :tea: )

Thing
    People don’t just punch people in the THROAT :eek: because then they might manage to die :tea:
    ================
    On topic: I don’t think anyone is willing to give up their paycheck (IF this cat remains the owner of his team). FOlks are too scared

————–
    :hahaha: Sometimes I be like you cant be :eek:

Hey Milky!

Let’s toast to NOT seeing Sterling sitting in the owner’s box! :cheers:

————
    :thinking: I needed to know that

Tammi, I look at it all as entertainment :shrug: (singers, pro ballers)

There’s big issues going on here and folks want to ONLY go off about this, nah I’m not gonna get worked up :no:

Struggleisreal says:

@Nancy – Well hello Lady! Are you a lady? Pet hoarder or rancher pick which every you like.

Come and give me a hug, excuse the cat hair.

There was once a Poster/Rose who had yarn in there hair. I’m certain she was non white. I’ve never seen that trend.

Look at the time, must go feed the animals.

Apparition says:

Yeah he’ll still make money in the short term, and he’ll make money on the sale, but exile is the proper/only response. Who even thought he would get more than a slap on the hand?

Milky says:

@nancy heyyyyyy (said like Nikki Parker)

@dtts hey boo I miss you!

San
    folks don’t just punch, when you’on know who has a :shotsfired:

Hey Milky! :2dance:
    I can’t see gravis, BUT doyew have your tight sweater on? :ashamed:

DTTS I aint tryna kill nobody

DTTS I aint tryna kill nobody

Well thennnn, don’t try to punch nobody in the THROAT :lol:
    Even with a ‘try’ you might could manage to die :rofl: #saynotoviolence :lol:

Milky says:

@dtts this is why I miss you! :kiss: :boobs: No I dont but I am in my gravi this time!

being the neighborhood wrangler of feral cats does not make one a rancher :tea:

Hey Bren Boo! :kiss:

Buttercup says:

Sometimes I be like you cant be :eek:
    =======
    You are much better than me! I just write them off as thinking that we live in post-racial ‘Murica, and black people are SOLELY responsible for the positions they find themselves in. I just :pray: they never wore a hoodie at dusk or like to “bump” their music while at the gas station :rolleyes:

I liked what Kareem Abdul Jabar had to say about all of this :tea:

Milky says:

:2dance:
    :love:

Nancy Drew (fka IsThisThingOn) has entered into witness protection :cool: says:

okay, and you gonna have that same expression when they punch you in the thoak

:lol: you can talk about sports/scandals AND have good kids too. believe it or not, thats a real thing :yes:

Maybe Tyler Perry can help :kona:

:nite:

Milky says:

:bye: bbl :steer:

User, not the folks that I will be around tonight :D
    They care more about their kids clothes/technology than ANYTHING ELSE :D

EYE was talmbout the people that EYE will see tonight.
    :nite:

Apparition says:

Players asociation wants a timeline for owner vote on forcing sale.

________________________

stop trying to sound so ‘well rounded’ and worldly :rolleyes:
    j/k – i get that, and know it to be “a real thing.” i was just suggesting that, in general, folks are touchy bout their kids, and you challenging them about their kids progress (or lack thereof) when THEY didn’t bring their kids into the discussion may ruffle the feathers of SOME parents. :shrug:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

User, not the folks that I will be around tonight
    They care more about their kids clothes/technology than ANYTHING ELSE

EYE was talmbout the people that EYE will see tonight.

oh well in that case, you better protect ya neck fa real :scared:

Well thennnn, don’t try to punch nobody in the THROAT :lol:
    Even with a ‘try’ you might could manage to die :rofl: #saynotoviolence :lol:
    —————-
    :ashamed: Imma make sure I don’t! :hahaha:

who grandmama been showing out on the ‘gram? :whip:

Bad Grandma: The 86-year-old woman who posts Instagram shots of herself in a swimsuit, taking pills and dancing… and she’s gained a cult following.

she said she been stealing yall mens since 1928 :rofl: now I gots to get me an account. :hahaha:

@ User Friendly: Instagram is killing Twitter right now. :lol: