Donald Sterling Sells LA Clippers for $2 Billion

Donald Sterling Sells LA Clippers for $2 Billion

Embattled LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling has sold the NBA team to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer for a whopping $2 billion.

Balimer outbid former NBA star Grant Hill, who offered $1 billion, and a group of wealthy business people that included Oprah Winfrey.

The sale was completed almost a month to the day after Donald Sterling was heard on an audio tape telling his ex-mistress not to bring black people to his games — especially NBA legend Magic Johnson.

As a result of the backlash, NBA commissioner Adam Silver hit Sterling with a lifetime ban, imposed a $2.5 million fine and ordered Sterling to sell the team.

Sterling’s estranged wife, Rochelle, negotiated the sale of the team.

• Cops Investigate Break-In At the Home of Donald Sterling’s Ex-Mistress, V. Stiviano
  • Was Donald Sterling the Victim of An Invasion of Privacy?
  • Donald Sterling BANNED FOR LIFE from NBA Games, Practice Facilities
  • LA Clippers owner to mixed GF: ‘Don’t bring black people to my games — including Magic Johnson’

90 Responses to “Donald Sterling Sells LA Clippers for $2 Billion”

iscream says:

The puppet master got what they wanted, for him to sell his team. This was probably the set up from the very beginning which is why all of a sudden the NBA started to care about their own calling blacks out their name…

n1kk1a says:

Now if they would do things like this for every case of racism…

n1kk1a says:

I wonder if his side chic got a cut for tricking this senile old man….

BullSweetness says:

Only in the court of public opinion is Donald Sterling losing.. otherwise he’s probably walking around the crib singing “I ain’t got no worries” in his best Lil Wayne impersonation. The man just made $1 billion dollars (with the wife getting half)… he’s old as heck so…hmph. maybe I’m missing something.

MsLolo says:

Looks up Grant Hill’s net worth..

shoonanny says:

I think it’s a sham all on paper. I think dude is gonna keep his money and Sterling gonna keep his team.

Now he’s got more money to buy more hoes :eek:
      :tea: *carries on*

sassyshe says:

Donald may a 1.250 billion dollar profit as the team is only worth 750 million. Donald and shelley are cheesing all the way to the bank as they made a billion each for demeaning their working “negros”

thriftStoreJungle says:

i’ve had a crush on grant hill since his pistons and sprite days. so i say this with all the respect i can muster…. where he get 1 billion dollars? :sideeye:

FuturedocDonte says:

Grant hill got that kind of money :huh:

DJ DCeezy says:

Grant Hill was the face of the investment GROUP that was bidding 1 Billion. Not bidding 1 billion himself. Steve Ballmer, that won the bidding, put up $2 billion out of his pocket.

Atypical says:

2 billion? He made out like a fat rat. Some punishment. :rolleyes:

Balimer outbid former NBA star Grant Hill, who offered $1 billion
      ________________________
      :shock: Grant been stacking his coins. I am sure it was a joint venture but 1 billion. Gotta watch the quiet ones!!! Always loved him AND Tamia :yes:

the Sale still isn’t complete, it has to go to the NBA for approval.

Donald Sterling didn’t sell it, shelly did. Which leads me to Believe this will be contested by Donald and his lawyers at the 11th hour.

:tea:

Unfortunately GRANT Hill does not have a billion to buy a team, he put together a group of investors. Still good for him to have been able to try it.
      His connections are long :thumbsup:

Yep Luvie :yes: Grant is a smart businessman. Making chess moves. People like Allen Iverson playing biz whiz :facepalm:

2know the ledge excuses are for the weak says:

that lifetime ban was a joke and donald knew that him his wife still made not only more but there are still the endorsement deals that the clippers still making money off of. so his ex wife and donald signing oh happy day nucca b/c they just not only played the nba but they played the game better than the nuccas that bounce the orange ball up the court.

spiceykay says:

Someone mentioned yesterday that the man is old and already had money so the ban was something that probably hurts the most. I think the only person that’s coming out with more money will be the wife especially if she go aheads and divorce him which is going to get her about 75% of the sale. I can’t believe someone would pay that much for a team that was not even worth one billion. Steve really wanted a NBA team so glad he got what he wanted.

coco creamy says:

im trying to see how this is a failure, you already got billions and now you get more billions without a headache just living off your billions. :shrugs: yep I can see how a person can get depressed :coffee: morning roses :waves:

libra80sbaby says:

Why Sandra chose this pic with the “bich please” face??!! :lol:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

:yawn: Morning :hi: I hate this dudes face so much. :cuss:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Morning good people. Happy Friday. Listen, do y’all think its bad to get baby stuff from other family or friends. Used stuff I mean. Because my cousin and aunt had some stuff and I’m for it, but my gf is like eww. But why eww? I mean of course I’d buy new stuff too, but its OK if people give you stuff. Thoughts?

sassyshe says:

:yes:

MsB2u says:

:rolleyes: this old man just got RICHER

libra80sbaby says:

Nakeya_J
      ——————
      Nothing wrong with used clothing as long as it’s clean and up to par. Children grow very fast…especially in that first year of life. Makes no sense to constantly buy new stuff all the time and they will only wear it a month at best. Nothing wrong with gently used items…NOTHING AT ALL

I’m back. Today is going to be a busy day. I don’t know why folks wanna meet. Especially on Fridays :rolleyes: I got about 45 minutes before my next meeting. What ya’ll wanna talk about? Anything come on last night besides the OKC/Spurs game?

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

@Keya, I think it is totally fine. I took what i needed/wanted, disinfected & washed it thoroughly and donated the rest. Some people act like they are to good to do used stuff but all that really matters is if you are comfortable with it or not.

Dude could care less bout a ban :tea: he has enough money to pass down his legacy to his kin folks …. he already has both legs in the grave :tea: a ban :shrugs: so what……

These sprites can care less what you think of him :rolleyes: they all about a dollar bill :tea: and that was made ….. so …

Wasting time says:

:waves: Hey Roses !
      TGIF!!

@KeKe
      hand me downs are the chit. Like others have said , take what you want/need, wash real well and donate the rest.

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

LA hair did but I haven’t watched yet. PLEASE lets not talk about that game. :crying1:

I agree with the others Keya. I mean big ticket items like pack n plays, swings, play mats I would definitely keep. Just wash and disinfect first. Even clothes if they’ve never been worn or if it’s like a dress that’s been slightly worn. No sense in getting a whole bunch of stuff if you do not need to. You are starting from scratch because it’s been a minute and it’s a girl. Now if you trying to borrow used breast nipple pump covers then I might be like :blink:

libra80sbaby says:

zjeniefrumdabloc says:

———————–
      That’s ALL they give a damn about. :cosign:

free says:

i didn’t understand all the hoopla. this ole racist simply got richer, faster.

@Hersh: LA Hair might be the ONE show I don’t watch. Never got into it. On the flip side I did watch my DVR of RHONY :oops: Why one of the girls nasty perverted fathers brought his black girlfriend to meet them and she is 25 and from MIA. She owns upscale nail salons that use real Swarovski crystals on your nails :eek: Sounds cute but she used TOO MANNIE and it looks bad :no: Anyways the dad is like 70 something and the chick’s main clientele is strippers…. I was staring at my screen like :wtf:

MissHarlem says:

Fck his whole fam :coffee: In more important news it’s motherfckn Friday :yahoo:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

@Taken. I haven’t watched RHONY for a couple of seasons. They were starting to get on my nerves. Ramona and Luann really grind my effin gears! :cuss: Imma have to watch this ep to see the deddy and his gold digger. :vomit:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

@Harlem, :cosing: Fukk his mammy, daddy, and greasy headed granny!

® says:

:offtopic: I watched The Killer Speaks on A&E last night. It featured Van Brett Watkins the guy who killed Shericka Adams…the woman who was pregnant by Rae Carruth. It was so sad, he had no remorse :crying:

goat76 says:

Damn, what did y’all want to happen? Better yet, what did y’all expect to happen?

Savannah says:

Good morning Sandra and Roses!

libra80sbaby says:

:hi: Savannah

free says:

® says: I watched The Killer Speaks on A&E last night. It featured Van Brett Watkins the guy who killed Shericka Adams…the woman who was pregnant by Rae Carruth. It was so sad, he had no remorse

******************

is rae out? i don’t think rae gives a shyt either.

Wasting time says:

What is funny is that this “sale” isn’t complete. He was deemed mentally unfit but he also has to sign off on it. He and his lawyer said he ain’t signing and if he mentally unfit he can’t sign… He a smart debil!

@Hersh: Ramona is still crazy and annoying. I dislike Aviva (the pervert’s daughter) because she is real foul and mental. But yea the chick from MIA came in with the both my parents are dead sob story and I could tell they were looking at her like you gold digging black lipstank (yea black) wearing whore you know you don’t love this man. But they were all :grin: I think she really loves him. Chile bye. She is just really good at what she does. Her little business vs his millions is no comparison. When the cameras cut off I bet they called her all sorts of ghetto trash. She carried herself well though. But we are talking about up eastside white women. You are 25, black, from MIA… no family…. Make nails for strippers :tea:

Savannah says:

It’s not about the money what matters is the team feels better and probably will perform better knowing they aren’t working for a known racist. :shrug:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

@Wasting, :yes: Very smaht! This dude will win financially no matter what. :shrugs: I’m just tired of seing his shytty face all over my TV.

® says:

free says:

******************

is rae out? i don’t think rae gives a shyt either

______________________________________

He gets out in 2018 and there are teams who STILL want his murderous a–!!!! :sad:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

@Taken, :blink: I is EYEHORT not Hersh,ma’am. :lol:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@taken NO I’m not taking used nipple stuff!!! But @everyone I don’t think its bad at all as long as you wash everything properly.

MissHarlem says:

RHONY makes my ass itch can’t do it….won’t do it :no:

Hewwo peeps :waves:

I hope everyone is satisfied with the outcome? $2 billion is an all-time record for a NBA team. A NBA team was sold last month for $550 million. Sterling would’ve gotten close to that before the storm. Now he’s sitting on 2 BILLION, and all because millionaire crybabies didn’t like what he said in the privacy of his own home. As black people we let the media and celebrities choose our battles for us — and we always come out on the losing end. Choose your battles wisely. This battle was not worth it. :no:

aRoTh says:

@Fay

I watched that too. I also watched 1st 48, LA Hair and probably House Hunters. :shew: I got my SEVEN HOURS of TV watchin in didn’t I? LOL O’an I watched a lil special on EBT they were doing about Maya Angelou they had it under the guise of Celebration of Gospel 2014.

But in LA Hair, Angela :box: the sh- out of that lil weeble wobbles medulla oblongta! :rofl:

I still have NOT seen last weeks episode of M2M.

aRoTh says:

Sandra says:

________________________

:clap: :thankyou: :cosign: ALLADIS

Taken, :blink: I is EYEHORT not Hersh,ma’am. :lol:
      You sholl is :facepalm:

A.J. says:

Good Morning and stuff Sandra!!!

Jenie :kiss:
      Coco creamy
      Spicekay
      2know
      Luvn :kiss:

aRoTh says:

:2dance: :hi: @Harlem

So you calling King James a crybaby? Cause he was the MAIN one speaking out and saying he would not play in the NBA with him as an owner :popcorn:

® says:

___________________________

You are so right about that Watkins guy. I watched this trial on court tv while recuperating from surgery. It was chilling to see how unaffected he was (and i think he even had the nerve to light-weight threaten the prosecutor while he was on the stand). he very matter-of-factly talked about how it all went down, like he coulda been describing executing a football play (no pun though) :no: absolutely no emotion… he was a cold-stone killer. :scared:

morning all :tea:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

I’ll have to watch this killer speaks show. :thinking:

A.J. says:

This battle was not worth it.
      Agreed. He still feels the same way only with more money now. :tea:

aRoTh says:

Nancy says:

:yes: He did.

MissHarlem says:

:rofl: AROTH didn’t she though :lol: I like Angela so it was even more funny

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

:waves: Hey AJ

@EYEHORT, they said the guy in your gravi was blowing on Fiddy’s pitch and that’s why it went wrong, lol.

MissHarlem says:

AROTH :2dance:

Rude motherfckrs yall don’t speak on a Friday hmph it’s :rules: to this chit

A.J. what up folk :danban:
      I am sew ready to come home you just don’t know. And my 10 am is late. They scheduled this last minute yesterday afternoon. Ain’t nobody got time fo dat :rules:

Wasting time says:

Wasting time and money
      ======================
      Hey AJ :waves:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

@Nancy, Ion care who’s pitch he was blowing on that was a man law violation of epic proportions!! :lol: And he blew sensually too. :nono: Where’s Man? I would love to see what he has to say about this. :rofl:

MissHarlem says:

NANCY hey hun :hug:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

They ain’t speak to me either @Harlem. :cuss:

But you saw Lebron smiled at the end like boy gone :winky: They tried to act like he was so appalled all he could do was laugh. But to be honest probably would have too. I just smiled thinking about it. Then once I smelled his breath I would’ve :karate: Meeting guest just showed up at reception :rolleyes: BRB

goat76 says:

® says:

______________________________________
      and there are teams who STILL want his murderous a–!!!! :sad:
      ——————–
      Are you sure there are teams that still want him? I mean he’s 40 now, and been locked up for 10+ yrs.

missyJ says:

Tamia better lock Grant up.. lotta hoes will be :buttshake: at him… $1 Billion? Checks my :buttshake: :kona:

® says:

goat76 says:

® says:

______________________________________
      and there are teams who STILL want his murderous a–!!!!
      ——————–

_________________________________

At the end of the show the producer said, there were a few teams that were still very interested in him even after 14 years. I didn’t think he was all that back then and since he’s aged and hasn’t been playing why would someone want his :old: a– now?

Buttercup says:

:waves: Morning y’all

® says:

Nancy Drew (fka IsThisThingOn) has entered into witness protection :cool: says:

® says:

___________________________

You are so right about that Watkins guy. I watched this trial on court tv while recuperating from surgery. It was chilling to see how unaffected he was (and i think he even had the nerve to light-weight threaten the prosecutor while he was on the stand). he very matter-of-factly talked about how it all went down, like he coulda been describing executing a football play (no pun though) absolutely no emotion… he was a cold-stone killer.

________________________________

and since he’s been in prison, he set a gut on fire using fuel and toilet paper for talmbout his mama, granny and someone else in the fam. He had NO fcks to give…

@AJ, I’m still :rofl: from you saying that Allstate told you they not paying for you swerving off the road, so you sent out a :warning: for folks in ATL to be on alert over the weekend. :hahaha: :ghost:

MissHarlem says:

HEARTS rude asses hmph lets sip on these Mimosas and not offer them chit

Aj :happy: I’m sleepy: :yawn:

Wasting time says:

hey butter boo :waves:

Buttercup says:

============
      I have no problem with hand-me-downs. I used them when Lil Butter was smaller and pass his stuff along to others. :shrug: Then again, I’m a proud thrifter. Finding a broke down looking piece of furniture and rehabing it is one of the most pleasurable things to me.

MissHarlem says:

BUTTER :hi:

:wave: errybody AJ :kiss: stankBUGG! :hi:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Sandra . . you do realize they were “bidding” it.was.a.bidding.war.

Just like aN AUCTION:SOLD! to the highest bidder. it is what it is.
      NaaN coin in my pocket or out of it :shrug:

:shocked:
      see, this guy is the living breathing embodiment of being “about that life” FO’ REAH <<Nene voice :kona:
      he would have Rick Ross and some of these other wannabe thugs hiding in they grandma basement :scared: :lol:

BUTTER>>>>>>>>>.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< you and me!

:fistbump: me too. I will refurbish any dang thang! OL coats and jackets i'll take it apart take of pockets, switch out buttons.
      I see NO Problem with Hand me downs especially for babies.

:newpost:

® says:

__________________________

Shew! He prob stil in shape from coaching/playing on the yard. It’s one thing to be chased down and potentially tackled by a rival player in the league, but it’s a whole ‘nother ballgame when you on the yard and Geraldine tryna tackle you so yall can tangle when the lights go out. :no:

kenbakerswife says:

thriftStoreJungle says:

________________________________________________________

Investors Im sure

1 Pingbacks

You are not logged in. You must be logged in to post a comment.