Sudanese woman freed

Sudanese Christian Meriam Yahya Ibrahim, who was sentenced to death for refusing to renounce her faith, was freed on June 23.

Ibrahim and her children — 2-year-old Martin and a daughter who was born in captivity last month — were secreted away to a safe house after their release. Her life was still in danger: her own family member had threatened to kill her if the government didn’t.

Ibrahim and her family were prepared to board a plane to the U.S. early Tuesday when about 40 armed “thugs” detained her at the airport. The thugs claimed Ibrahim’s travel papers weren’t in order.

Ibrahim’s re-arrest set off a new round of threats from the U.S. government to impose sanctions on the impoverished nation.

U.S. Representative Trent Franks (R-AZ) issued a statement upon learning of her re-arrest.

“I am appalled by the continued threats against Meriam, her husband, their two young children, and her lawyers,” Franks said. “We must hold Sudanese authorities accountable for this precious family’s safety.”

From Breitbart.com:

Today, while the world was still reacting with joy and surprise to the news of her release from prison, she and her husband, Daniel Wani, along with toddler son, Martin, and infant daughter, Maya, were re-arrested (some reports say “detained”) at the Khartoum airport while trying to leave the country.

This is normal procedure for the Islamic Republic of Sudan. Deceptions, denials, and delays have kept the regime in business for decades. In this case, since Meriam was first arrested in September of 2013, all three of these tactics have been used against her, husband Daniel– a South Sudanese Christian who is an American citizen– and their children.

Meriam was also sentenced to receive 100 lashes for adultery for her relationship with Daniel. Under Shariah, their marriage was not recognized because a Muslim woman cannot marry a Christian man.

The Shariah court judge postponed Meriam’s death sentence for two years, to give her time to breastfeed baby Maya. No such delay was given for the flogging sentence, though. She could have been subjected to the lashes at any day now, if the appeal had not been successful.

Less than an hour after Franks’ statement was published, reports saying that Meriam had been released again began to surface. It appeared that the family was detained (by the 40 thugs) over problems with their travel documents. According to Reuters, one lawyer said that Meriam had been taken to the police station for questioning over providing false information. A Sudanese official told the BBC that although Meriam was Sudanese, she had emergency South Sudanese travel papers and a U.S. visa.

The latest BBC news, at approximately 5:20 PM ET, quoted State Department representative Marie Harf who said that the Sudan government had assured the U.S. that the family was safe. The BBC reported, “The US says it is working with Sudan to ensure a woman freed from death row can leave the country, amid confusion over whether she is still being held.”

• Pregnant Christian Woman to be Executed for Leaving Islam
  • 4 of 6 Indian Bus Rapists Sentenced to Death by Hanging
  • Muslim woman whipped in the street by police [Video]
  • Kuwait to use medical test to detect gay travelers

120 Responses to “Sudanese woman who was sentenced to die was released, re-arrested, released again”

This is So messed up, I don’t understand why they are terrorizing this woman
      :no:

*silverlining*
      Her husband’s with her this time

VDot says:

This poor lady :( :no:

Wasting time says:

She can’t catch a break!

coco creamy says:

new war in the making :coffee: G.M :waves:

Sandra
      Wasting
      Vdot
      Luvin

missyJ says:

So I’m the only one that sees Prince Akim and Lisa McDowell up top?

User Friendly says:

Jesus must not be picking up the mainline :cell:

he play too much. aint nobody got time to be suffering like Job in 2014. :nono:

Jdore says:

Fix It Jesus! :praying:
      Good Morning Roses! :waves:

Morning CoCo :hi:

coco creamy says:

you know the sad part of this is, she will never be free, just like that african family that was murderded yrs back in georgia, people was like what happen they moved here from their country to escape whatever, :no: this is just awful

sassyshe says:

My theory is that they are terrorizing her because her husband is a US citizen. They just need to let the family be its not like they have power or influence

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

User Friendly says:

Jesus must not be picking up the mainline :cell:

Yo font ain’t been shyt the past couple of days!! :crying:

Daym they have Photoshop in Sudan or is that corpse makeup?

:nun: Caged bird singing :wail: puppylove says:

@User :rofl: then :pray: for us cause surely we going to hell.

San ah make ya dance says:

So I’m the only one that sees Prince Akim and Lisa McDowell up top?
      —————
      :dead:

coco creamy says:

whats wrong wit har fangas :shrugs: is it make up , polish, bruises

:nun: Caged bird singing :wail: puppylove says:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

User Friendly says:
      Jesus must not be picking up the mainline :cell:
      Yo font ain’t been shyt the past couple of days!! :crying:
      ___________________€€

DAYS?!?! I do not ever recall User’s font bein shyt eva.

User Friendly says:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

Yo font ain’t been shyt the past couple of days!!

but then you see all the ratchetry that followed underneath my font? they just as bad! calling them folk casket sharp :casket:

they said RWilli did their makeup for the photoshoot :kona:

Wasting time says:

This is what I love about the Rose Garden. First Post we with you sister it is f.u.c.k.e.d. up !
      Second post you look like Eddie Murphy in Vampire from Brooklyn :rofl:

:nun: Caged bird singing :wail: puppylove says:

@Coco her hand looks to be tattooed possibly for the wedding like the Hindus do.

:hi: sassyshe says: My theory is that they are terrorizing her because her husband is a US citizen
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      Perhaps; but damn let them come to the U.s.A and they don’t have to hear from them EVER. I cant stand vindictiveness … :no:

Morning Coco,V Sasshy, jDORE, USER, MissyJ, wasting :wave:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

You know whet? Let me log off fore i get fired! :rofl:

:nun: Caged bird singing :wail: puppylove says:

They do look flawless in these pics though :nun: :casket:

flawless in these pics
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      speaking OF the CARTERS are opening here tuhhnight

WUT IZ REALLY GOING ON? :blink: says:

HEEEYYY YALL! :waves:

This is the reality of other countries. We are lucky here in America where we can pray or not pray to whomever we want and marry whomever and not be prosecuted for it. :think: well almost because we still have pockets of extremism, but for the most part we have that liberty here.

WUT Wut wut :shakebutt: hey

:nun: Caged bird singing :wail: puppylove says:

luVn_liFe… says:

flawless in these pics
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      speaking OF the CARTERS are opening here tuhhnight
      ________________ they come here in August. Still haven’t decided if I’m going.

:hi: Luvin this Life!
      flawless in these pics
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      speaking OF the CARTERS are opening here tuhhnight
      ===============================
      :woohoo: You see my Gravie?!?!
      July 11th can’t come quick enough :yes:

The Pearl! says:

:waves: Good morning, Auntie, Roses, Thorns & Lurkers!

Um, how can ya’ll not be **** after only 4 short comments??? *cough* Missy and User? Huh? :rofl: Can I finish my breakfast ‘fore ya’l start cuttin up?

Pupluv . .

I would have went if it were in doors here :yes: I caint be outside in this Humid ass South Fl Heat in the summer
      :nono:

WUT IZ REALLY GOING ON? :blink: says:

luVn_liFe… says:

WUT Wut wut :shakebutt: hey
      —————–
      LUVIN YOU LUVIN YOU LUVIN YOU! :hug:

I SEE WASTING :lol:

sassyshe says:

:waves: morning luvn

Yall going to hell for all these casket sharp jokes :lol:

I am so excited, the man finally lifted our internet restrictions and I can now see the site at work, :woohoo:

Apparition says:

when about 40 armed “thugs” detained her at the airport.
      ————————————
      Trick Trick ‘nem at it again…should’ve made a phone call.

User Friendly says:

WUT IZ REALLY GOING ON? :blink: says:

HEEEYYY YALL!

This is the reality of other countries. We are lucky here in America where we can pray or not pray to whomever we want and marry whomever and not be prosecuted for it. well almost because we still have pockets of extremism, but for the most part we have that liberty here.
      ___________________________

and this is why I support immigration, legally or illegally. If I was over there I would be trying to get here too!

If not for slavery, etc. I dont think any of this would be going on. Slavery took the biggest and the strongest and left behind the crazy, old, and sickly to fend for themselves….this is the end result.

Wasting time says:

Trick Trick ‘nem at it again…should’ve made a phone call.
      ========================================================
      :chase:
      I chocked on this here Naked Juice :rofl:

The couple have reportedly called in the mini army to watch over them and their two-year-old daughter Blue Ivy during their 21-date ‘One The Run’ tour which kicks off in Miami tomorrow night.
      Beyonce and Jay Z have hired a 500 strong security team to protect them on tour.
      The team will include 16 personal bodyguards on 24 hour watch and a 40-man security support group which will be increased on performance days by 21 specialist bouncers, 300 crowd security staff and a further 50 trained team members to stop potential stage stormers.
      The couple are expected to make 5million per show

:blink:

lawd these Mofos are filthy Rissh!

Miany says:

:hug: hey y’all I’ve missed all y’all
      Luvn, the pearl, waisting, puppy love, wut, heart, user, coco, San, vdot, guinea, jdore, Missyj, sassy she
      ***anyone left off wasn’t left off intentionally
      ***any typos were autocorrected on the :cell:

==========
      Guhl where you work? In Sudan?

:bye: Luvie Miany

All the rest y’all that couldn’t be bothered to say hello :tea:

:woohoo: MIANY!!!! girl I was thanking bout SARA today!!!

How are you??

Selling 2 ON THE RUN TOUR tickets, for tonight. Section 400. $120 for both lmk! 7865275133 #concert #miami #beyonce #jayz

Wasting time says:

lawd these Mofos are filthy Rissh!
      =================================
      Yo! The money they about to make and the history they are making is nuts.
      That is why the hate and the whole “tix aren’t selling” is laughable. 2nd highest grossing tour EVER with under 25 shows .
      They need this though, the two of them together in every city with BIC.

Miany says:

Sometimes I think Amerikka would rather have us focus on international affairs rather than have us look at our own fugged up injustices. I’m just saying let’s fixate on our issues cuz when we cared bout them Nigerian lil girls who were kidnapped NO ONE HELPED. Obama was powerless that’s day…so since American outcry can’t affect international injustices, WHY REPORT IT TO US??!? Let’s focus on homelessness, child sex slaves, sentencing disparities amongst minorities vs. whites for similar crimes, lenders giving racist loans to minorities….ANYTHING OUR OUTCRY CAN AFFECT. #endRant

Jdore says:

Luvn :hug:
      Missy I can’t have you having me singing up on my good job…. She’s yourrrrrrr queen toooo be…. :whistle:

:hi: Mainy
      :kiss: MissyJ

Jdore says:

:hug: Mainy

Miany says:

:happy: luv heyyyyy hun.
      I’ve been popping in and out but it’s so hard to keep up and stay focused on the mobile. I’ve been good, no complaints. How are you? Any new home renovation projects for the summer?

Stab victim walks into a NYC McDonald’s with a kitchen knife stuck in his back, police say
      lawd I just seen a pic of dude walking on his celly with the knife in his back :shank:

LAWD it looks FAKE :eek:

:bite:

:scared:

Bliss says:

To all us ladies, thank goodness we were not born in a country like that
      :box:

Miany says:

I don’t even want $5million per show. I’ll be good with a lump sum $5million payment.
      Blue don’t eno how good she got it

VDot says:

Trick Trick ‘nem at it again…should’ve made a phone call.

Fukkin :dead:

Morning everyone :hi:

I’m going to see King Bey on Saturday and I’m sooo excited :danban: Im going home to practice my choreography tonight :yes:

Miany
      did U ever get a new job OR Did immigration wind up keeping U..
      gurrl We stay doing a new project EVERY week.
      It neve ends, Nothing major like a year ago.

:happy: :happy:

Im going home to practice my choreography tonight :ghost:

LMAOOOO, whey U gonna be dancing at V. in the aisle?

sounds like when Sandrita said she was going home to practice snatching BEYS wig off when Bey came to ATL

VDot says:

LMAOOOO, whey U gonna be dancing at V. in the aisle?

sounds like when Sandrita said she was going home to practice snatching BEYS wig panties off when Bey came to ATL

Fixed that last sentence for ya :wink:

TUH! On the stage with Bey. I may mess around and outshine her :yes: :danban:

They took this picture in the 2000s? No seriously. I know countries be behind but this looks like it is 1983… She has ok her Fashion Fair Hunty!! She ain’t playing no games for the Glamour Shot wedding photos. Y’all remember Glamour Shots? I called myself doing one when I was on high school. I looked like a super hero :hahaha: I did my own makeup. Lady tried to put some red and pank lipstank on me with some bluish eye shadow I was like :stop: YOU TRIED IT! She tried to get me to wear a motorcycle jacket from 1977 :dead: I was nah I am good on my jean outfit

bama_n_jersey says:

I needed this laugh today. y’all are STRAIGHT NUTS!!!!

I saw someone’s wedding picture from a couple years ago and I swernt to goodness that they look like one of them couples, in the 1800s, in the pictures. all stiff and everythang!!

The Pearl! says:

Miany!!! :hugs:

sassyshe says:

@missy the state, they had certain sites blocked

User Friendly says:

missyJ says:

Guhl where you work? In Sudan?

:dead:

let me know what time you plan on being shyt so I can come back, ok? :waiting:

=================

I still keep my homegirl Glamour Shot picture from ’92 in my wallet! :hahaha:

She looked like a cross between Rue McClanahan (Blanche) and a skinny Delta Burke (Suzanne)

Milky says:

:wave: Good Morning All!
      So yall just goin to start of early in the morning not being shait all willy nilly huh?

:waiting: on the BaskettCASE post

bama_n_jersey says:

@sassy the feds had me blocked for some years… :yahoo: <<<<<me when I realized I could get back on :thankyou:

VDot says:

I still keep my homegirl Glamour Shot picture from ’92 in my wallet!

So that’s your next gravi? :yes: :grill:

bama_n_jersey says:

They still do glamour shots in the mall here.

Momma I made it!!! says:

Good Morning Roses!!! :waves:

Is there gonna be a race between MissyJ and User for the aint Shyt Award today!!! :rofl”

Milky says:

:hi: @momma it shole do seem like it. User and MissyJ been had that award! :rofl:

Milky says:

She is the foreigner and he is the US citizen, it looks the otha way around from this pic. I think Sandra is catfishing us :thinking:

The Pearl! says:

I wanna lift her fangas up so I can see if she left residue on his suit.

missyJ says:

So that’s your next gravi?

===========

Nope but I DID google Glamour shots and just change my gravi to the most FANTABULOUS of the bunch.

I invite everyone else to do the same :yes:

IncogNita says:

when about 40 armed “thugs” detained her at the airport.
      ————————————
      Trick Trick ‘nem at it again…should’ve made a phone call.

:dead: :ghost:

missyJ says:

the feds had me blocked for some years…

===========

Was you fresh as hail cuz u knew they watchin?

User Friendly says:

missyJ says:

I invite everyone else to do the same
      ________________________

:chase:

I saw a man looked just like that on Hoarders. you notice those nasty ass ppl are usually in a relationship?

Just Looking says:

Good Morning Roses and Venus Fly Traps

Recently I was scraped off the sidewalk after jumping through window last night from comments…….

1. Missy J Gravie
      2. Carrington comments…. He surely has a right to address it, or not
      2a. but if his doorter is going around saying she believes she’s a
      boy, Is it possible that she believes the rumors about her child
      molestin’ a$$ed deddy and THAT’s what prompted her to change the way
      she walks,

Thus said; I will continue lay here on sidewalk. :dead: :casket:

================================
      Morning V
      :yahoo:

I’m so excited; I’ve ever seen here but seen our husband a dozen or more times!

Miany says:

Hey Luvn. No they never kept me. They ended up closing the program in that office all together so we all had to go.
      I’ve been home with the kids for the most part and helping my bad habit with a few deals here and there… Real simple stuff and I can not wait to either go back to work or school in the summer cuz being cooped up with children for so many hours a day is tuff.

Just Looking says:

BTW – RIP MICHEAL JACKSON Today is the 5 year anniversary.

I’m busy, but I know ONE of you’s ratched hifers will put up his gravie :mad:

—————-
      I want you to post this so bad :rofl:
      I know you shant but I want it !!! :lol:

Just Looking says:

Morning Wasting…. :tea: Have Fun :yahoo: :hug:

Now this Jesus Photo next to BEY :waiting: :kona:

@JL

Did Teddy ever get a Glamour Shot? Since we know how much he like taking Pictures :tea:

Just Looking says:

@Missy – Now girl, I’m made I didn’t take him to wedding, he should have been part of our photos…..

Like in the distant back ground….

Just as well, he’s retired…in my bags of tricks. (most of them)

VDot says:

missyJ says:

:blink: :no: Send him and his wanna be cleavage back to glamour shots. Looking like a gay member from Duck Dynasty :nono:

:waves: Hey Looking!!

I know it but I saw it and hit the floor. The other gravie I have may get me kicked out the garden like Eve and em.

It is a pic of the Kang and his wife and his wife and Ms. Piggy are meshed and Kermit in the corner saying “Now THIS is my business: :rofl:

Beta says:

So it’s glamour shots Wednesday :pc:

VDot says:

Morning V
      :yahoo:
      I’m so excited; I’ve ever seen here but seen our husband a dozen or more times!

Morning Time Waster. Me too :biggrin:

Last time I saw Bey in concert, she was with 3 other random azz broads :eek:

The Pearl! says:

Hee-hee-hee…..gravi check :rofl:

missyJ says:

Like in the distant back ground….

============

I’m so glad you didn’t have Chuckie the Teddy Bear creepy in the background of your weddin pictures just :eek:

VDot says:

RIP Mike :crying:

Let me set up a MJ playlist real quick. :thinking: I’ma start off with Off The Wall :yes:

3 other random azz broads :eek:
      ==================
      I did one DC song ONE and it was Solider cause the Kang goes so nuts on his verse and I love everything Hov wrote for Bey to sang :yes:

Beta says:

Mic check…

Unshakable says:

Off topic – So today marks the 5th anniversary of Michael’s (Mr. Jackson if ya nasty) untimely demise. So in his homor, let’s shout out one of his songs. I got Man in the Mirror.

User Friendly says:

Wasting time says:

Michelle looked so frail and tragic in that video. talmbout she needs a soldier yet looking like a prisoner of war. girl, bye :hi:

I got Lady in My Life

Miany says:

Dirty Diana

User Friendly says:

I got Wanna Be Starting Something

:whistle: “too high to get over, yeah yeah, too low to get under, yeah yeah” :listen:

Beta says:

Butterflies

Miany says:

:thinking: I wonder how Paris is holding up?she been off the blogs for a minute so hopefully that’s a good sign

VDot says:

Miany says:

Dirty Diana

This song is so sexy to me :yes: Everytime I hear it, I end up crawling on the floor :huh:

bama_n_jersey says:

Was you fresh as hail cuz u knew they watchin?

*****************

:dead: @missy….You STOOPIED (in my tommy voice)… no m’am….

User Friendly says:

:danban: Rock My World with Jay Z :buttshake:

Miany says:

Vdot
      :danban: Diana put it ON ole Mike

:rofl: @ Beta gravi

Milky says:

Dirty Diana is also my fav and Butterflies, but let me pick another one Billy Jean!!!!

The Pearl! says:

I got Wanna Be Startin Somethin’ too! mama-say-mama-saw-ma-ma-koo-sah

:whistle Blue Gangsta :whistle:

One time for the King o Pop!

Milky says:

the way you make me feel, hold my hand, man in the mirror. Smooth Criminal :bandan:

Milky says:

they dont care about us! That was my shait!

:whistle: PYT :buttshake:

:buttshake: Rock with Chu :buttshake:

Milky says:

:newpost: on anotha sprite killin their child by leaving him in a hot azz car :shotsfired:

The Pearl! says:

:newpost: cobb county father/baby in hot car

Miany says:

:newpost: y’all bring he mike jams up there

VDot says:

:newpost: on some ill chit :no:

Miany says:

:crying: never mind. It’s a sad one

VDot says:

Up there looking like Louie Anderson :box:

:nun: Caged bird singing :wail: puppylove says:

Anyone else think Diana from “Dirty Diana” may have been one of Hank Basket’s “chicks”?

Unshakable says:

@BirdCage,

I always thought he was low key saying diana ross turned him out.

OpinionHated says:

Off the Wall his first solo cd – thats my favorite – so tonight got to leave that 9 to 5 up on the shelf and just enjoy yourself – groove let the majic and the music get to you life ain’t so bad at all when you living off da wall…..

You are not logged in. You must be logged in to post a comment.