Actor Terrence Howard was dealt a blow by a Los Angeles appeals court judge who ruled to reinstate Howard’s 2012 divorce settlement.
The 48-year-old ‘Empire’ star finalized his divorce from his 2nd wife, Michelle Ghent (pictured above), in 2013. The couple had been married for just a year when they split in 2011.
The ex-couple reached an agreement after a bitter legal fight over spousal support in 2012. Howard was ordered to pay Michelle $5,800-a-month in spousal support plus up to $4 million-a-year, depending on his earnings.
In 2015, Howard complained to a judge that Ghent threatened to leak embarrassing personal information about his pocket-sized genitals if he din’t grant her spousal support for three years. He said he was under duress when he signed the settlement agreement.
The judge agreed that the personal information would be damaging to Howard’s public image and overturned the divorce settlement deal.
But on Wednesday, justices from the 2nd District Court of Appeal ruled “the passage of time negates Howard’s claim”. They also ruled his several attempts to reconcile with Ghent proved he wasn’t under duress when he signed the agreement.
Howard was ordered to pay Michelle’s legal fees plus millions in unpaid spousal support, according to the New York Post’s Page Six.
Howard is happily married to his third wife, Mira Pak (pictured with Terrence in Feb.). The couple has two sons, Qirin, 22 months, and Hero, seven months.
After 2 failed marriages, the father-of-4 says he is now “settled” with Mira (pictured below in February).
“Two weeks after meeting Mira, I gathered up things associated with my past and found a nice hill and buried them all there,” he told People.com in March. “Mira settled me. Our marriage is effortless. Relationships are hard work, but we really don’t fight.”
Photos by Michael Buckner/Getty Images, WENN.com