Photo may have been deleted
Instagram, screenshot

Court documents obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reveals new details about the death of Atlanta rapper Trouble DTE, aka Skoob.

Trouble, real name Mariel Semont Orr, was shot in the chest and died at Lake St. James apartment complex in Conyers, Georgia around 3:20 a.m. Sunday.

The rapper was visiting the apartment of a woman identified as aspiring rapper Rissa Royce when he was ambushed by her ex-boyfriend and killed.

He had drove to the apartment complex in his yellow Lamborghini.

Paras Griffin/Getty Images

Trouble was asleep in bed with Royce when her ex-boyfriend, Jamichael Jones, 33, let himself in to the apartment using his key.

According to court records, Royce was awakened when Jones punched her in the face. Trouble woke up and began fighting with Jones. When Royce tried to help Trouble, Jones pulled a pistol and fatally shot Trouble.

Royce’s daughter reportedly called 911 while neighbors performed CPR on Trouble. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Royce told police she and Jones dated for three years but broke up after he punched her in the nose during an argument about a week earlier, court records show.

She hadn’t seen Jones since then, and he had not come back to the apartment to retrieve his belongings, she said.

Royce allegedly shared photos of the murder scene on her private Instagram page.

One photo shows a blood soaked carpet next to a front door. A pair of red socks lay on the carpet and blood is spattered on the walls.

Jones surrendered to Rockdale County Sheriff’s deputies late Monday night.

Sheriff Eric Levett said Jones turned himself in after his mother put him on the phone with an investigator.

“His mother was a huge resource in helping us apprehend him,” Levett told Channel 2 Action News following his arrest Monday night. “Nobody wakes up in the morning wanting a bad outcome.”

Jones was booked in the Rockdale County Jail on charges of felony murder, home invasion and aggravated assault. He was denied bond at a hearing Tuesday morning. He is expected in court again June 15.