Lil Durk's fiancée, India Cox reportedly exchanged gunfire in a shootout with several home invaders near Atlanta on Sunday morning, July 11.
According to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, both Lil Durk, 28, and India, 26, discharged their firearms. But sources say only India fired her weapon.
The couple's toddler daughter was in the home at the time, but she was uninjured.
Durk, real name Durk Banks, is awaiting attempted murder charges in Atlanta and is prohibited from owning or discharging a firearm.
The couple allegedly awoke to the sound of intruders breaking into their rented mansion at 5 a.m. in the Chateau Elan neighborhood of Braselton, Ga., about an hour northeast of Atlanta.
After they exchanged gunfire with the suspects, the intruders fled the home and remain at large. No injuries were reported.
Police say the home invasion was not random and the couple was targeted.
The home break-in occurred hours after federal agents allegedly "raided" Durk's home following a shooting in Atlanta. There were no charges.
Speculation is running rampant that Durk is a federal "snitch" since he was not arrested for having firearms in his home as a convicted felon.
Durk is out on bond following his arrest on attempted murder charges in 2019. Also arrested on the same charge was fellow Chicago gangster rapper King Von, who was killed outside a lounge in downtown Atlanta in November 2020.
Durk's older brother, OTF DThang, born Dontay Banks Jr., 32, was shot and killed following an argument at a strip club near Chicago in June.
Rapper Mally Mall was sentenced to nearly three years behind bars after pleading guilty to running an illegal prostitution ring in Nevada.
The Love & Hip-Hop: Hollywood star, who pleaded guilty in October 2019, will serve 33 months behind bars for running the prostitution business over 12 years - from April 2002 to September 2014.
Mall, real name Jamal Rashid, was originally set to be sentenced in January 2000, but the Covid outbreak delayed his sentencing.
Rashid is pictured with LHHH cast member Nikki Mudarris in a photo dated Feb. 21, 2015.
Federal prosecutors in Nevada say the 44-year-old rap producer owned several prostitution rings disguised as escort services in Clark County.
He used paid websites "to advertise the victims for prostitution purposes," the United States Attorney's Office for the District of Nevada said in a statement.
Prosecutors say he manipulated and "exploited hundreds of female victims, imposing rules and threatening them so that they would prostitute for him".
Rashid also "encouraged victims to get tattoos of him to demonstrate their loyalty, and led many of them to believe he would advance their careers in show business", prosecutors said.
Paul Marotta/Getty Images
Actress Lori Loughlin has been sentenced to serve two months behind bars for bribing officials to get her privileged daughters into college.
The former Full House star and her husband, designer Mossimo Giannulli, pleaded guilty to paying $500,000 to help their kids get into the University of Southern California as fake athletes as part of a major college admissions scandal.
Paul Marotta/Getty Images
Hours before Lori received her sentence, her husband Giannulli was also sentenced to serve five months behind bars at a hearing in Boston, Massachusetts on Friday.
Loughlin was also ordered to pay a $150,000 fine and perform 100 hours of community service.
Giannulli, the founder of the Mossimo clothing brand, will pay an additional $250,000 fine and serve 250 hours of community service.
Loughlin and Giannulli are among a group of well-to-do parents who have pleaded guilty to paying bribes to secure fake test scores and credentials to gain top college spots for their kids.
Former Desperate Housewives star Felicity Huffman was sentenced to two weeks in jail last year for her own part in the scheme to get one of her daughters into college.
Santa Clara County DA
A former NFL Pro Bowl defensive tackle was convicted of raping his former babysitter, who is mentally disabled.
Dana Stubblefield, 49, was convicted Monday of rape by force, oral copulation by force and false imprisonment.
He was acquitted of raping a person incapable of giving consent, the San Francisco Chronicle reports.
Jurors also convicted Stubblefield of using a gun during the assault.
Stubblefield allegedly lured the 31-year-old woman, who is developmentally disabled, to his home in 2015 under the pretense that he was interviewing for a potential babysitter.
The day before the interview, Stubblefield contacted the woman on a babysitting website and arranged the interview, prosecutors said.
The interview lasted about 20 minutes. The woman later received a text message from Stubblefield saying he wanted to pay her for her time for that day, and she went back to his house.
After raping her, Stubblefield gave the victim $80 and let her go. The woman immediately went to police and reported the rape.
Defense attorneys argued the woman consented to sex and there was no rape. Allen Sawyer, attorney for the defendant, said the incident was a "paid encounter for sex."
He said the defense team will file an appeal and seek a new trial.
Stubblefield was drafted by the 49ers in 1993 and was twice named NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 1993 and 1997.
Snoop Dogg urged execs at streaming service TIDAL to "stop pushing" Tekashi 6ix9ine's new music, or financing his shenanigans following his release from prison.
The rapper is currently under house arrest with 24-hour police guards after leaving a federal prison last month. The feds were forced to move him to a nw safe house after a fan exposed his location on social media.
Fans gathered outside the unassuming clapboard house as agents whisked the rapper away under heavy guard.
Tekashi has a target on his back after he snitched on fellow members of the Nine Trey Gang in February, 2019 in exchange for a reduced sentence on racketeering and weapons charges.
Snoop is among the many gang members who are against Tekashi's attempts to revive his career.
After 6ix9ine dropped new single "Gooba", which smashed YouTube’s record for the most-watched hip-hop video in a 24-hour span, Snoop commented on an Instagram post shared by Elliott Wilson, TIDAL's chief content officer:
"They gotta stop pushing this (rat). All these media outlets making snitching cool. I'm old school. F**k 69 and everybody pushing his line right now, all New York GZ feel me on this and if you don't f**k u2."
Addressing Tekashi’s long-standing feud with rapper Meek Mill, the OG added: "@meekmill if you allow sucka s**t you a sucka. Love you cuz stay sucka free."
Photo by Image Press / BACKGRID
A Philadelphia man was convicted of fatally stabbing Nicki Minaj's manager outside a Philadelphia bar in 2015.
After two trials, Khaliyfa Neely was convicted Friday of stabbing Devon Andre Pickett to death on Feb. 18, 2015 outside a bar in Germantown.
Neely, 38, was found guilty of third-degree murder, aggravated assault, simple assault and possession of an instrument of crime.
The first trial ended in a hung jury, but District Attorney Larry Krasner's office continued to pursue justice in the case. Krasner said his office had "solid evidence" to convict Neely.
"It is our duty to persist in the pursuit of justice, even in the face of challenges," said Krasner.
Neely's sentencing hearing is set for April 24. He faces up to 25 years in prison if convicted of murder.
Photo by Earl Gibson III/WireImage
Black Twitter is dragging Ava DuVernay by her dreadlocks for an old post she wrote defending serial rapist Harvey Weinstein.
DuVernay and her sisters in Christ - Oprah and Gayle King - are successful Black women who have come under attack for vigorously defending Weinstein in the past.
Now they won't answer his phone calls from his hospital room at Bellevue after the disgraced Hollywood mogul was convicted of sex assault charges on Monday.
Photos by Getty Images
Minutes after Weinstein's split verdicts on Monday, Oprah turned off her Instagram comments. And DuVernay went on a blocking spree when Black Twitter retweeted an old post in which she proudly defended the now convicted rapist.
In her post dated June 1, 2012, DuVernay acknowledged she'd "heard all the Harvey stories over the years, but still a fan."
Winfrey and King, who also heard all the stories about Weinstein's sordid history, have yet to comment on their former friend's conviction.
This is an open post where you can discuss any subject matter. This post will not be censored or moderated. Disqus may automatically moderate certain words considered offensive. There are no rules in Open Posts. So enter at your own risk.
Photo by FayesVision/WENN.com
Harvey Weinstein's estranged wife Georgina Chapman has reportedly moved on from her failed marriage by striking up a romance with Oscar-winning actor Adrien Brody.
Photos: Pat Denton/WENN.com, Apega/WENN.com
Marchesa designer Chapman, 43, left Weinstein after multiple allegations emerged of his sexual misconduct with Hollywood starlets desperate for parts in his films.
On Monday, Weinstein, 67, was convicted on 2 lesser charges of rape and forced oral copulation involving 2 female accusers. He was acquitted on more serious charges that would have landed him in prison for life. He faces 25 years in prison.
Rumors emerged that Chapman's friendship with Brody had turned romantic after they were seen in Puerto Rico together last April, for the launch of model Helena Christensen's swimwear line. Onlookers commented that "sparks flew" when they were together.
Photo by Lia Toby/WENN.com
The New York Post's Page Six has confirmed Georgina and Adrien, 46, are apparently still seeing each other after they were spotted looking cozy while enjoying a candlelit dinner alongside mutual friends.
Photo by AEDT/WENN.com
"Chapman had sworn off dating after their divorce, but Brody has been a big source of support to her. After time off the social scene, the designer behind Marchesa is happily seeing close friends in New York who have stood by her during a nightmare time.
Weinstein is currently a patient at Bellevue Hospital, where he was taken after suffering chest pains while en route to NY's Rikers Island jail on Monday.
Photo: Florida Bureau of Prisons
A Florida jury sentenced Henry Segura to life in prison, following his conviction of first-degree murder for the deaths of his ex-girlfriend and her three children.
The same jury that convicted Segura of four counts of first-degree murder on Tuesday deliberated for over 4 hours before sentencing Segura to two consecutive life sentences in prison.
Segura declined to offer any arguments to spare his life during the death penalty phase this morning.
Segura, 41, was convicted of the murders of his ex-girlfriend Brandi Peters, 26, her six-year-old twin daughters, Tamiyah and Taniyah Peters, and his own son, 3-year-old JaVante Segura.
Court TV anchor Vinnie Politan was stunned by the jury's decision. "He took the lives of this entire family - all four people - and yet he's not the worst of the worst?," said Politan.
"It's not like they're still trying to figure out who did this. No! This is the man who did it - took the life of his 3 year old. Drowned another six year old; shot another six year old in the head! And then the brutal beating and murder of Brandi Peters. But, still, [he's] not the worst of the worst?" said Politan after the sentencing.
The prosecution says Segura killed Peters because he didn't want to pay her $23,000 in back child support for their son.
All four bodies were found in Peters' Tallahassee, Florida home on Nov. 20, 2010.
Peters was found in a pool of blood near the front door. Her children were stacked in a bathtub partially filled with bloody water.
One of the twins was shot in the back of the head. The other two children were drowned.
Segura was arrested 10 months later in Le Sueru County, Minnesota, where he fled after the murders.
Photo: Georgia Department of Corrections
The lawyer for convicted killer Ray Cromartie ripped the state of Georgia for executing his client last night.
Cromartie, 52, died by lethal injection on Georgia's death row on Wednesday, Nov. 13. He was pronounced dead at 10:59 p.m. at the state prison in Jackson, Georgia, WSB-TV reports.
Cromartie was sentenced to death in the 1994 murder of store clerk Richard Slysz during an armed robbery of a convenience store in Thomasville, Ga.
Cromartie's attorney, Shawn Nolan, said the state ignored repeated requests for DNA testing that would have proven Cromartie's innocence.
"It is so sad and frankly outrageous that the state of Georgia executed Ray Cromartie tonight after repeatedly denying his requests for DNA testing that would have proven he did not kill Richard Slysz," Nolan said in a statement via WSB-TV. "In this day and age, where DNA testing is routine, it is shocking that Georgia decided to end this man's life without allowing us, his attorneys, access to the materials to do these simple tests."
Cromartie's execution didn't attract the same worldwide media attention as Rodney Reed, the Texas inmate who is scheduled to be executed by lethal injection on Nov. 20 for the 1996 murder of Stacey Stites, 19.
Photo: Georgia Department of Corrections
Reed (pictured) was convicted based on his DNA linked to sperm found inside the victim. But he claimed he had consensual sex with Stites the day before she was killed.
Reed's lawyers are trying to overturn his conviction based on the testimony of seven new witnesses who point the finger at Stite's then-fiancé, Jimmy Fennell, a former police officer who was later convicted and sentenced to prison for the rape of another woman.
Reed's attorneys says he had a secret affair with Stites, a white woman who was on her way to work at a convenience store the morning she was raped and murdered.