Drake’s ex-girlfriend wants her check for “Marvin’s Room” intro

Have you ever wondered who was behind the female voice heard on the intro of Drake’s emotional ballad “Marvin’s Room”? Well, her name is Ericka Lee and she’s supposedly Drake’s ex-girlfriend who now wants her cut of the huge profits from the sales of the hawt single.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Lee says she and Drake dated for over a year, between 2010 and 2011 — and during that time they collaborated on the single and agreed to split the proceeds. She says she agreed to record the song’s hook and an opening monologue.

Drake reportedly acknowledged Lee’s contributions in text messages sent to her phone. One read, “U basically made that song.” Another read, “It’s s–t without you.”

All parties involved registered the sound recording at the U.S. Copyright Office.

But on July 11, 2011, Lee made a claim against the copyright, saying “My works and voice are used on this work.”

About six weeks later, Cash Money Records filed their own claim, saying Lee was an “employer for hire.”

Lee claims that Drake and Cash Money Records later reached out to her and offered 2% of the song royalties, which she said was unacceptable. They later upped the royalties offer to 4% and 5%.

TMZ reports that when Lee refused the offers, Drake got angry and warned her that he had “people” who would take care of “issues like her” if she didn’t back off.

“What the f— is your problem?” he allegedly asked her in a text message.

But Drake’s rep tells TMZ, “This claim is entirely without merit and our client has not engaged in any wrongful conduct.”

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Lee wants a judge to declare her as the co-writer of “Marvin’s Room” and award her damages and half the profits on the sales of the single.

Photo source: CK

14 Responses to “Drake’s ex-girlfriend wants her check for “Marvin’s Room” intro”

EB says:

I always though Drake was speaking to Lil Wayne on the track :shrug:

Posche says:

Get your money girl..!

Hey Sandra!

mizzdallas says:

Drake is little bish! he got people …nigga please!! just like a punk bish to stick his dogs on a female..

Torae says:

Off topic, but Drake dresses like a guido from New Jersey! Fist pump!

I never listened to the song :ashamed:
    so I have nothing :shrugs:

ssweetheart85 says:

LOL…run the girl her money! Drake lookin a bit like a naked, slow..british bulldog in the face…ick whatever sexiness I saw in him is gone…. :vomit:

Daisy says:

I never liked that song

Anna says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

I never listened to the song
    so I have nothing
    ~~~~~
    I got nothing either.
    :wave: to everyone. Enjoy the rest of your Super Bowl weekend. Stay safe, have fun, and peace. :offtopic: I told my grand to go play in traffic. She put on her coat and is trying to open the front door. :lol: She’s always trying to run away. LOL. I took her to the grocery store w/me today. She saw the person next to me w/kids and 2 carts full of food, she kept inching over towards them to blend in so they could take her home. Silly girl.

TiFan4Lyfe says:

Cash Money don’t ever pay anybody what they’re owed. Nothing new here….

Noelle704 says:

Having a girlfriend is the most surprising part to me, I thought he was gay

Just like a bitch. SMH.
    She shoulda took the GENEROUS offer of 4% or whatever. If she really expected to get paid she woulda got a contract.

Just an oppurtunist trying to shame someone into paying her top dollar for “volunteer work.”

100% usa made! says:

I like Drake’s album, including the song Marvin’s Room. Ms. Lee should’ve known not to mix business with pleasure. It is what it is.

LadyLew says:

Half though? Bish beat it!

KsMommy says:

Anna says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:
    I never listened to the song
    so I have nothing
    ~~~~~
    I got nothing either.
    to everyone. Enjoy the rest of your Super Bowl weekend. Stay safe, have fun, and peace. I told my grand to go play in traffic. She put on her coat and is trying to open the front door. She’s always trying to run away. LOL. I took her to the grocery store w/me today. She saw the person next to me w/kids and 2 carts full of food, she kept inching over towards them to blend in so they could take her home. Silly girl.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You told your granddaughter to go play in traffic…….and she keeps trying to get away from you???

um….You’re just kidding right?