Medical Minute: Ovary transplants may end infertility and menopause

This is great news for women who have been unable to conceive babies. A new technique to remove slices of ovary, freeze it and transplant it back into women years later may put an end to infertility and the miserable symptoms of menopause.

28 babies have been born worldwide to formerly infertile patients who either had their own ovarian tissue transplanted or they received ovarian transplants from a twin sister.

Most of the children were conceived naturally without the need for IVF or drugs, according to UK’s Daily Telegraph.

Women who are past their child bearing years will also be able to conceive naturally well into their 80s.

“A woman born today has a 50 per cent chance of living to 100. That means they are going to be spending half of their lives post-menopause,” said Dr Sherman Silber, who has been involved in transplants for 11 women at St Luke’s Hospital in St Louis.

He added: “You could have grafts removed as a young woman and then have the first replaced as you approach menopausal age. You could then put a slice back every decade.

“Some women might want to go through the menopause, but others might not,” said Dr. Silber.

READ FULL ARTICLE

DISCLAIMER

Any medical information published on this blog is for your general information only and is not intended as a substitute for informed medical advice. You should not take any action before consulting with your personal physician or a health care provider. Sandrarose.com and its affiliates cannot be held liable for any damages incurred by following advice found on this blog.

• Medical Minute: Jack Osbourne diagnosed with Multiple sclerosis
  • Medical Minute: Postpartum Depression
  • fanMAIL – Re: Narcissism
  • Medical Minute: Male Menopause

:tea:

• Ty

:blink:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNDi1mpG5ps&feature=youtube_gdata_player Ace

Auntie..is you preparing you theories for when Joseline uses the Pregnacy card to prove her gender… :coffee:

Who in the heyull would want to have a child at that age :no:

• !*LaKErCHiC@*!

THIS SH!T AINT NATURAL.. MAN CANT NEVUR JUST STOP FUKN WITH NATURE.. ITS GOOD FOR THE PEOPLE THAT ARE OF AGE *NOT PASS FUKN 50* WHY WOULD A FUKN 70 YR OLD WANT A BABY.. DA FAWK!

• http://www.nowcasting.com/nasirrahim Nasir Rahim

MY CHICK BADD LOOKING LIKE A BAG OF MONEY!!!!!

• !*LaKErCHiC@*!

BINGO!!! :cheer: YOU SOO ESSMART! NOW GET TO THAT FUKN EMAIL YO!! :wail:

• BoogieNites

:claps: for the goodnews !

• MZ_CARAM3L74

now THIS is news!

• FuturedocDonte

Ace says:

————————–
      Good Observation :yes:

• KayCeiSoul

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:dead:

And in tears :rofl:

• KDub

———————————————–
      Congrats agane to Ev and Chad and their recent wedding.

You not slick Sandra. You posted this right on behind their post for a reason and you know what?

I LOVE it :love:

• GAGIRL87

:/ I don’t giva fugg bout NOTHING rite now but my leftovers fronm yesterday :coffee:

• candibfly

#jellis of ga’s leftovers. i wish i was back home in tx yesterday. my family grilled out u hear me?! i saw the pic :crying:

• KayCeiSoul

GG!! :hug:

What you got? :popcorn:

I didn’t bbq or leave the house. No holiday food over here.

• KDub

————————–
      Good Observation

I think its for Ev. I think you have to have been a WO-MAN to begin with for this to work. Not sure though. But if that is the case Josef not eligible.

• Ty

KDub says:

———————————————–
      Congrats agane to Ev and Chad and their recent wedding.

I LOVE it
      Ev aint conceiving shyt :nono: Gary with the Tea said Ev and Kim will never have kids because they are clogged :dead:

• yallcrazy

I am not in the mood for this :huh:
      #gonnafukcaroundandhaveareallifebenjaminbuttonsonyourass :coffee:
      ====================

:waves: <–for poster 0-13 #only :lol:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNDi1mpG5ps&feature=youtube_gdata_player Ace

KDub says:

————————–
      Good Observation

———————————————————————–

KDizzle you have a point…this may be for EV after all… :yes:

:hug: Awww Twin

They were just trying to rub it in :shrug:

:rofl: #itworked

• KDub

WHY WOULD A FUKN 70 YR OLD WANT A BABY.. DA FAWK!
      ————————————–
      KDub 35 and dont want no more…you better PREACH

• candibfly

i was poster #14 :mad:

*burns our commemorative poster from the 2 live crew concert back in 92*

Ace, what’s the NEW topic?! :waiting:

• KayCeiSoul

KDub says:

————————–
      Good Observation

*****************************************

:cosign:

The good Sir Jehosephat will haveth not a child, but will only bare air poots out of that thang.

• candibfly

i might need this cause i’m runnin right up on 30 and the options ain’t lookin too good right now :ashamed:

• GAGIRL87

@ ya’ll :waves: :dead: @ 0-13 ONLY

• cougar lover

Thank you science. Now I can get at this mature lady that experienced menopause earlier than normal. :party:

• MsDivaRo

:wave: Yall…this other I don’t care about cause I can’t birth no babies anymore anyway…..I am awaiting the arrival of my grandson! :)

• missmiami

:dead: God and his wrath are gonna be SERIOUS because we continue to push boundaries. Kinda like the tower of babel (dont know if i spelled it right) but we are too great for our own good.

• KayCeiSoul

:waves: Hey Yall! :hug:

I made the cut. I was in that 1-13. :coffee:

• candibfly

*pieces the poster back together*

oh i got an individualized greeting

twin :2dance: <—- all 3 songs on Lil Mo's greatest hits

*burns our commemorative poster from the 2 live crew concert back in 92*

============================

:cuss: You wouldn’t! You couldn’t!

:chase: Give IT Back! :mad:

*cues GO LADIES* :lol:
      :steer: <–treadmill :rofl:

• goat76

I’m tired as a fcuk!! I should’ve taken these last 2 days off.

Somebody will try to bootleg this, like everything else.

“Oh and I got dem ovaries for the low low.”

• GAGIRL87

am

KayCeiSoul says:

GG!!

What you got?

I didn’t bbq or leave the house. No holiday food over here.

_____________________________________________________________________

I got ribs, chicken wings, baked beans w/ the ground beef & a salad there’s more @ home :ashamed: :kona:

Oh before I forget :hug: hey bewski!

Yall :waves:

GAGIRL87 says:

@ ya’ll :waves: :dead: @ 0-13 ONLY
      =====================================
      #’s 14 & up will be later :lol:

• Bootcampgirl

candibfly says:

:cosign:
      I’m hittin’ 40

• GAGIRL87

candibfly says:

__________________________________________________________________

Don’t be jealous :lol:

Me has no problem with getting prego, fertile as fluck over here :ashamed:

• Ty

goat76 says:

I’m tired as a fcuk!! I should’ve taken these last 2 days off.

Somebody will try to bootleg this, like everything else.

“Oh and I got dem ovaries for the low low.”
      U might be on to something I damn sho aint using mine :nono: Uh where is my manager :rofl:

#nipandtuck

• MsDivaRo

Bootcampgirl says:

candibfly says:

I’m hittin’ 40

Nothing like the 40’s…………40 is the NEW 20 for ME! :wave:

• Bella’s Master

:waves: <<< My ovaries! How much they want for them. I don't want them or need them.

• candibfly

<— bout to be 30 next month, looks 22 :shakebutt:

goat76 says:

I’m tired as a fcuk!! I should’ve taken these last 2 days off.

U ain’t nevah lied ! :tea: now I am in here with a attitude :smh:

• GAGIRL87

On topic it took me FOREVER & A DAY to lose all my baby weight and I only have one child I’m not having NO MORE kids that’s all folks… :nono: I swole up ere where no ma’am :no:

• candibfly

:stop: what’s the going rate for ovaries? shooot i’ll just adopt, i need to pay these loans off :rofl:

candibfly says:

<— bout to be 30 next month, looks 22 :shakebutt:

Me too hun :cheers: 30 next month :yes:

• http://twitter.com/#!/Birdshu Bird

I wonder if people who do it have to take drugs for the rest of their lives like all other transplant patients. If that is the case, is it worth it to avoid hot flashes?

• BoogieNites

Wuddup @Yall ? :grill:

• yallcrazy

“Oh and I got dem ovaries for the low low.”

:dead: #youaintlyin :rofl:

• candibfly

jenie :yahoo:

• GAGIRL87

@ Bootcamp that’s you with ALL that poking out in the back :shocked:

• goat76

Bella’s Master says:

————————————————————————-
      I got 2 nuts, only need 1. I wonder how much I can get for it? I could probably pay off my student loans…lol

Ty says:

goat76 says:

I’m tired as a fcuk!! I should’ve taken these last 2 days off.

Somebody will try to bootleg this, like everything else.

“Oh and I got dem ovaries for the low low.”

#nipandtuck
      ===========================
      :trophy: <–Manager Of The Year(s) Award

Ty, You rang? :coffee:

————-

• http://twitter.com/#!/Birdshu Bird

Might I add, that this miraculous scientific breakthrough is not being reported on any reputable news site.

GAGIRL87 says:

Girl me too, gained over 100 pounds no lie :tea: pregnancy does awful things to your body. :crying: I even was going through bars of soap felt like every two days :no: all that body, that’s a lot of skin to wash :tea:

• yallcrazy

:hahaha: Only on SR (and in America) will we create the sale of ONE NUT and TWO ovaries :dead:

• Bootcampgirl

MsDivaRo says:

Bootcampgirl says:

candibfly says:

I’m hittin’ 40

Nothing like the 40?s…………40 is the NEW 20 for ME!
      Agreed, but I don’t have any kids, I at least want one..
      @GA, yes girl…

candifly :hug: :waves:

Say whatttt? :shocked:

:rofl: #itsoursecret

• Bella’s Master

@goat Exactly. Why waste organs…There are plenty of (rich) folks out there with weak sperm or faulty ovaries. We don’t need two!

• Ty

:dead: @ Goat

@ Yall….hey hun :hug: I need u to find a buyer for my ovaries. Slightly used in great condition :rofl:

*looks up* #yallneedagoodmanager :rofl:

• KDub

I know this is blessed news for those who can’t and want to…

But I want to get my equipment REMOVED…I got fibroids…then the doc said I would have to take hormone replacements…I was like :stop: Oh FOCK naw’ll then!

My azz be growing 5 o’clock shadow like the top of Josef’s thong and Madea??? Naw son. :no:

• yallcrazy

<–didn't gain nothing but a belly & and 1/2 bigger left foot :mad: #still :cuss:

• MsDivaRo

@Boot, my friend says her brother said KIDS IS OVERRATED! But yeah get you one if you so desire. :yes:

• MsDivaRo

yallcrazy says:

<–didn't gain nothing but a belly & and 1/2 bigger left foot #still

———-
      My first one 23 years ago I gained 1/2 shoe size. My 2nd one 10 years ago I gained mucho tittays and can't get rid of dem no matter how much weight I lose the tittays won't go away!

• Kei_lyme

Yall :hug:

• !*LaKErCHiC@*!

GOAT!! :hug: SUP!
      KAY I JUST SAYING.. IM 25 AND IM ALMOST FOR SURE I DONT WANT NO MORE.. AT FUKN 70 WHAT ME AND THE BABY GOING TO DO SHARE DIAPERS :shrug:

• yallcrazy

I need u to find a buyer for my ovaries.

=====================
      :pc: <–really a phone

Hello Mr. Ocean,

It has come to my attention that you are no longer in the closet. Congrats Sir!

DID yew know that if you had a baby, you would be even more famous than Beyonce? Well, it's true & I have thee perfect set of ovaries to offer you :yes: Just call 777-9311 :D

Yours Truly,
      Yall Crazy

• Nhere

@jenie

Why did I just blew up that pic of rick ross in dem skinty jeans :ghost:

• !*LaKErCHiC@*!

**RAISES SHIRT UP** I EARND THESE HERE ROAD MAPS TO THE CUTI CAT :ashamed: .. FROM MY SON.. AND THESE HERE :boobs: FROM THE SECOND BABY!

• Bibi

:waves: @yall

MsDivaRo says:

yallcrazy says:

<–didn't gain nothing but a belly & and 1/2 bigger left foot #still

———-
      =====================
      This is some bullshatt right? :rofl:

My tatas did not grow not shatt!

<—perky 34C's but ummm how come I didn't get any more :cuss:

• !*LaKErCHiC@*!

ACE I JUST GOING TO SAY THAT MY CORAZON.. IS A LITTLE EMPTY RIGHT NOW!! :cry: “IF THAT BISH DO U DIRTY WE WILL WIPE HER AZZ OUT!!” :karate:

:waves: <–strictly for poster #'s 14-72 :rofl:

• KDub

and 1/2 bigger left foot
      ——————————–
      B/c I had the oldest when I was 17…MY bodee got confused…and I had a GROWF spurt! I am NOT kidding. That is what the OB/GYN TOLE me. And THEN gonna try to REFER my azz to…wait for it…MY PEDATRICIAN.

SIR…I am NOT going to my lifelong PEDATRICIAN with a 6 months along preggers belly…to ASK HIM why I have GROWN two inches taller and my foot went from a size 7 to an 8!

• Ty

yallcrazy says:

I need u to find a buyer for my ovaries.

=====================
      <–really a phone

Hello Mr. Ocean,

It has come to my attention that you are no longer in the closet. Congrats Sir!

DID yew know that if you had a baby, you would be even more famous than Beyonce? Well, it's true & I have thee perfect set of ovaries to offer you Just call 777-9311

Yours Truly,
      Yall Crazy
      :dead: He did just get some LiveNation money :rofl:

• Bibi

MsDivaRo says:

__________________________________________
      :tea:

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

——-
      Ready :nino:

but what had happened, nevermind I’ll find out later :lol:

• goat76

What up Lakerchic?!?!
      <<—Just trying to see how much I could get for 1 of Deez!!!

• KDub

@Goat cuz you got folks offering up perfectly good ovaries.

• Bootcampgirl

Bibi says:

MsDivaRo says:

__________________________________________
      I’m beginning to feel the same way. If I’m not in the process of having one by 40 than it’s not happening…

• MsDivaRo

yallcrazy says:

MsDivaRo says:

yallcrazy says:

<–didn't gain nothing but a belly & and 1/2 bigger left foot #still

———-
      =====================
      This is some bullshatt right?

My tatas did not grow not shatt!

<—perky 34C's but ummm how come I didn't get any more
      Shat I haven't seen 34C since….well middle school! I gots what them heffas paying top dollar for.

• !*LaKErCHiC@*!

YALL :lol: LE GOO FIND THIS BISH AND GIVE HER A WARNING BEAT DOWN!! :pigsfly:
      GOAT NOT SHAIT TRYING TO THINK WHY THE FAWK IM AT WORK TUUDAY! :cuss:

• Ty

Nhere says:

@jenie

Why did I just blew up that pic of rick ross in dem skinty jeans
      How did they do pull that off :shrug: Your entire comment is an oxymoron :rofl:

Blew Up, Skinny, Rick Ross :hehehehe:

Lawd they had to put a pair in the front and a pair in the back and sew up the sides :wtf: Granted they still would’ve been a size 6x to the second power :crying:

• Natasha38

I :heart: @yall

Seeing as how I’m not trying to have anymore children past my 40th year… I can do without this medical minute… Who trying to have babies in their 80th year?

• BoogieNites

true story : coworker jus asked me if i’m mad @ her.

:blink: <– me

TRUST, i dont care bout any1 here that much :no:

• MsDivaRo

Bootcampgirl says:

Bibi says:

MsDivaRo says:

__________________________________________
      ____________________________

I hear ya! what about adoption? :thinking:

Ty says:

yallcrazy says:

I need u to find a buyer for my ovaries.

=====================
      <–really a phone

Hello Mr. Ocean,

It has come to my attention that you are no longer in the closet. Congrats Sir!

Yours Truly,
      Yall Crazy
      :dead: He did just get some LiveNation money :rofl:
      ===========================
      *whispers* Ty, he's gonna be hitting up Auntie by COB trying to get in touch with us yo :rofl:

As soon as he reads "more famous than B" its a wrap! :lol:

One foot or both @Kdub? :waiting:

• BoogieNites

you folks, on the other hand, are like fambly :hug: :kiss:

• Kei_lyme

Rearrange these words: 1) PNEIS 2) HITELR 3) NGGIER 4) BUTTSXE…

• MsDivaRo

BoogieNites says:

true story : coworker jus asked me if i’m mad @ her.

<– me

TRUST, i dont care bout any1 here that much
      —————-
      I hate that shat and it kills me to no end…why I gotta be mad at chu…can't I just be quiet and not talk? works my nerves to no end. This heffa here at my work swore I didn't like her cause I don't have long drawn out convos with her. Bish, go to your office and sat down some where!

• BoogieNites

:warning: #92 is a trick :warning:

• Bella’s Master

Kei_lyme says:

Rearrange these words: 1) PNEIS 2) HITELR 3) NGGIER 4) BUTTSXE…
      ——————————-

I KNOW! I KNOW!

1)****-adoodle-do
      2)MUSTACHEMAN
      3)THINGS YT PEOPLE SAY
      4)THINGS MY BOYFRIEND LUVS

:dead: @Kei
      Dat n*** hitler loved penus buttsex :D

• KDub

One foot or both @Kdub?
      ————————————-
      That’s the funny shat. At first ONE…so I WAS 1/2 size bigger than the other one at first…then the other caught up lol.

I went to the doc and was like what is wrong with MEH…??? :wail:

I am 17 yo preggars having a growth spurt. :rofl:

:hug: Boogie

• MsDivaRo

777-9311

———–
      What time is is? That was my jam………… :buttshake:

• !*LaKErCHiC@*!

MSDIVA & BOOG NICE TO KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT DONT LIKE TO CONVERSATE AT WORK.. I KEEPS MY HEADPHONES ON **MOST OF THE TIME ON SILENT** JUST TO AVOID CONVO WITH THESE HERE BIOOOTCHEES!! :cofffe:

• Bootcampgirl

MsDivaRo says:

Bootcampgirl says:

Bibi says:

MsDivaRo says:

__________________________________________
      ____________________________

I hear ya! what about adoption?
      I never really gave that any thought. Although, it would be a good thing to do, I think I would rather have one myself :shrug:

• Kei_lyme

Spine, lither, ginger and subtext are the correct answer.. Nasty ass ppl…

• http://www.landofpure.net Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:)

YALL :waves: <—my right ovary
      what's goin on bew? :hug:

:dead: @Goat @ Bella's Master

• goat76

KDub says:

@Goat cuz you got folks offering up perfectly good ovaries.
      ———————————————————————-
      Cuz!! I’m just trying to get this bread without getting locked up…lol

Y’all gonna have to be careful tho, cuz ninjas gone be out here trying to sell you some caviar in the place of ovaries.

Yo Ty!

Dimpz just asked me what I was doing and I told her “what you and are were doing”.

Imagine her response yo :rofl: :rofl:

• BoogieNites

@Divaaaaa, zactly :yes: ** i’m here for WORK. AND to get my shyts n giggles on wit yall, of course :haha:

• !*LaKErCHiC@*!

GOAT WILL MY MESSICAN TRIPLE FERTILE OVARIES GO FOR A HIGHER PRICE?? :think:

================
      So I gotta have another baby in hopes that my friggin right foot catches up to the left :huh:

Some hogwash bullshatt :cuss:
      ————————————-
      Fay :kiss: Put that ovary down yo :rofl:

• http://www.landofpure.net Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:)

:crying: i want my tubes tied dammit! :crying:

#worryfreesecks

• Ty

yallcrazy says:

Yo Ty!

Imagine her response yo
      :rofl: Tell her we bout to get paid :cheers:

• yallcrazy

Laker, maybe you can charge quadruple and ish :rofl:

• Kei_lyme

Just get an IUD I LOVE my IUD!

• !*LaKErCHiC@*!

KEI THAT IS WHY I DID NOT ANSWER.. ALL OF MINE WERE NAWWSTI AND MADE ME GIGGLE :ashamed:

• MsDivaRo

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

———–
      Dem Bishes get on nerves….I ain’t trying to be your mama at work hearing all your probs and shat. Take your arses to therapy you at insurance.

@Boot, just an option to keep in mind just in case!

• !*LaKErCHiC@*!

YALL SHAIT THEY GETTING THEY MONEY WORTH U KNOW US MIJAS CAN AND WILL HAVE BEBES LIKE BUNNYS :yes: FAWK WITH ME GOAT! :cool: <<MIDDLEMAN

• Ty

yallcrazy says:

================

Some hogwash bullshatt
      Thats phucked up. So do u buy one 7 1/2 and a 8 :think:

#realquestion

• yallcrazy

My bosses republican joke for birth control is to hold an aspirin with your knees :wtf: #heserioustoo :smack:

====================
      She knows Ty :yes: #wealreadyspendingthemoneywemakefromoffayourovary :hahaha: #cha-ching :rofl:

• BoogieNites

@!Lakes, sadly headphones dont do isht round dese parts :crying: my fave line is, “would LOVE to talk, but gotta finish this up rt kwik” and *turns head away

Thats phucked up. So do u buy one 7 1/2 and a 8 :think:

#realquestion
      :mad: I thought we went over this! Since I am TeamNoCorns and thangs :rofl: I have to buy an 8 1/2 :huh: OK? #grrrr but my right is an 8.
      Poor lil right foot just be trying to hold on and ish :hahaha:
      *fights the air*

• BoogieNites

#teammyfeetsarethesamesizefornow ! :yes:

• Ty

yallcrazy says:

My bosses republican joke for birth control is to hold an aspirin with your knees #heserioustoo

====================
      She knows Ty #wealreadyspendingthemoneywemakefromoffayourovary
      :dead:

• yallcrazy

I died alil when Fay fonted this yall:

:cool: <–Katie Holmes Scientology Protection Plan :ghost:

:chase: Boogie

#justbecauseofherfeet :lol:

• yallcrazy

If there is a new post and nobody said shatt :karate:

• goat76

Yeah Laker…Not sure of the market price right now, but I’m sure there is a demand for them. We just need to make sure we don’t over price them so we can provide the services to more people. I just need my %. We will accept WIC, EBT, and title loans.

• !*LaKErCHiC@*!