The guy who hugged Obama says his pizza shop is being boycotted

Scott Van Duzer, 46, of Port St. Lucie, Florida, made headlines when he power lifted President Obama off his feet during a campaign stop on Sunday. Van Duzer, who owns the Big Apple Pizza & Pasta Restaurant in Fort Pierce, Fla., says angry residents are threatening to boycott his pizza shop after he hugged the president during the campaign stop.

“People are saying a lot of bad things and boycotting my restaurant,” Van Duzer told POLITICO.com. “There’s no middle line anymore, and that’s exactly what’s wrong with our country right now.”

By now you’ve all seen the photo of the Republican pizzeria owner bear hugging Mr. Obama. The first thing I thought when I saw the picture was where are the Secret Service? If the photo had not been staged Secret Service agents would’ve beat him worse than Chris Brown beat Rihanna.

At the very least, the poor guy would’ve been shipped off to Guantanamo Bay with the other terrorists. You never touch the president of the United States — unless it’s for a staged photo op to make Obama seem less threatening to white folks who are still on the fence about voting for him.

The photo op comes just days after a Virginia bakery owner refused the White House’s request to host an event for Mr. Obama’s campaign for re-election.

Now Van Duzer is complaining that a few nut cases are calling for a boycott of his establishment because he hugged the president.

President obama chose Mr. Van Duzer’s pizza shop because of his charitable efforts.

POLITICO reports that Van Duzer, who stands 6-foot-3 and weighs 260 pounds, rode his bicycle 1,148 miles in 31 days from Florida to Washington D.C., to raise awareness for the need to donate blood.

“One of the reasons that we wanted to stop by is that Scott has been doing unbelievable work out of this pizza shop in promoting the importance of donating blood,” Obama told the NY Times. “And so he has set some records here in Florida. He has received commendations from the White House, the surgeon general, he has galvanized and mobilized the local community and he’s educating kids and folks all across the country on this issue.”

The Van Duzer Foundation was founded in 2008 to support a local firefighter whose house burned down.

Van Duzer told POLITICO he didn’t break a sweat lifting the 176 pound Obama.

He says he bench presses 350 pounds at six reps, usually twice a week. A torn achilles tendon (during a vigorous game of dodgeball) slowed him down a bit.

“When I was in peak condition, I lifted five times a week,” he said. “But that was before my injury.”

• Democratic Convention to Hold 2-Hour Muslim Prayers
  • Obama Criticizes Burning of Quran
  • Obama: “I am not the president of black America”
  • Angry Black Teacher Suspended for Threatening Anti-Obama Student With Arrest
  • Photo: Reuters

45 Responses to “The guy who hugged Obama says his pizza shop is being boycotted”

NaijaGal says:

you just wanted to find a way to talk about Chris hitting Rhianna cause other than that I don’t get the point of this story :yawn:

:obama: :obama:

Ignorance Runs rampant!I wish i lived in Pt.St.Lucie i’d have a huge gathering there

Well when he was here at the Varsity secret service was there, and plenty were hugging the president :tea: I do not believe it was staged :obama:

marquez269 says:

@luvn I just found a balance to work and post I love u guys that much!

NAIJA…
      So amber is already in Prison? I kNow she was sentenced but hadnt turned herself in?

:obama:

Yeah ok :tea:

bnatural says:

:rolleyes:

I’m sure his business is doing just fine.

lovezoe says:

:obama: Trust, that building was throughly checked before Obama even got in the city, then before he got on the street, then before he got in the building. Everything not staged. Let’s talk about Romney criticizing the President about Libya before it was announced the amabassador was dead. :coffee:

OAN: Anyone see the racist tweet sent yesterday by this oompa loompa alabaster. She said something like we get the day of for a n-er birthday but not 9/11.

marquez269 says:
      I just found a balance to work and post I love u guys that much!

:D
      I figured you would!

lovezoe says:

Luvn- She already in jail. She asked to go. I personally think she has some deep mental issues that won’t get fixed in prison.

dancerbee93 says:

Morning all!!!! :hugs: this post is pointless :coffee:

heyyyy Marquez :kiss:
      Jenn
      Naij
      Luvn

lovezoe says:

But these dumb azzes got the nerve to be voting for these damn tea partiers, I am talking bout minorities , :coffee: idiots!

FTP says:

:obama: PUTOS!!! :cheer:
      Good mornign SR :hi: BBL…

NaijaGal says:

@LOVE – I hate to sound so callous but one of them permanently disappearing may be the best thing to happen…she was always high and since she’s not ready to be clean, prison will make it worse…I got nothing for the racists, they’re asses that aren’t changing so

NaijaGal says:

DANCER :kiss:

FTP :hi:

LuvKaya says:

All I wanna know from Sandra is….

Are the Fox checks for XFactor nooooiiiiiicccccee?

So you kids don’t care that a man got closer to Obama than Michelle has gotten in years? :coffee:

:danban1: hey dancer!!

loveZoe..Ohh ok i didnt realize she had already reported.I knew she asked cause she didnt want to do the rehab.she DOES Have serious issues that need Real therapy to deal with.Prison certainly has Nothing for here but PsYchotrophics

NaijaGal says:

==============
      Nope

NaijaGal says:

=================
      :rofl: I swear you must have the longest arms in the world cause you stay reaching

marquez269 says:

Dancer!! :hug:

Iheart says:

NOPE :tea: How can you say this when we hav SEEN her hug and kiss this man in public? And don’t give me no body language BS either :nono:

lovezoe says:

=============
      When did you get access to the White House :coffee:

Iheart says:

:newpost: is up

MsLolo says:

___________________________

Lies :tea: You know auntie, your repubs already look bad with all the lies and hate they spewwww all around, your not helping the situation :tea:

dancerbee93 says:

lovezoe says:

————
      Who is Amber?

Iheart says:

How can you say this when we hav SEEN her hug and kiss this man in public?

Which man?

dancerbee93 says:

Who is Amber?

I was wondering the same thing. I Googled her name and the word “prison” to see who they were talking about. :lol:

jazi65 says:

morning all!

I read somewhere that he asked permission…I think its a great testimony that both parties can get along..that you vote for who you think is going to benefit the country & not because you’re in their party

:obama:

Milky says:

_______________________________________________

Milky says:

___________________________________________________________

:hater: u stop it Sandra that’s our President ur talking about.

brwnbutafly says:

I missed Teen Mom last night, Gary provokes Amber a lot. There is some of her trouble right there!

brwnbutafly says:

As far as the post goes, ppl need to get a life NOW

Genia says:

Sandra…i said the same thing!!! i studied the picture attempting to see the blur of moving men in suites!!

i think our president was feeling the same thing…

i know our president’s hands were saying:WTF guys

Smonae80 says:

Sandy I dont think this was staged, and just like there are crazies bashing this man for hugging our President, there are ones who said they will support the pizzeria.
      And what CB got to do wit this??? :confused:

precious1 says:

You better believe he asked before he did it. They might have been having a conversation about his size and lifting weights. Knowing Obama he asked how much he bench pressed. Please believe Secret service would have been all over him. I visited Washington last month and we were trying to go to the white house to take photos. The president was leaving the house and you couldn’t even stand on the sidewalk as he went by. You had to be back on the grass off the street. So I doubt this man was any threat in this scene. Hell…this girl was on her cell phone riding her bike. She didn’t pay any attention that the streets were blocked and everyone including traffic came to a halt due to Obama coming out. She road around one police suv and they wrestled her small frame off that bike in a mili second. I was scared for her!

KayCeiSoul says:

The Secret Service was fine with the bear hug, as long as the man didn’t take Obama away when he picked him up. Then it would have been :shank:

Keesh says:

Morning yalll…”beat him worse that Chris Brown beat Rhianna” giggling, thats all I have on this post.

Lady_L says:

jazi65 says:

morning all!

————————–
      The man did ask permission, and Obama said yes, only if he didn’t try to carry him out. THe secret service was right there. I saw the story on the news.