Obama’s 2nd Inauguration to Draw Half the Crowds of 2009

Obama and Mckayla Maroney

If you’re planning to attend President Barack Obama’s 2nd inauguration in January, you will have no problem booking a hotel room in DC. The phones have been fairly quiet in DC hotels compared to 2009 when they were ringing off the hook.

According to the AJC, DC hotels are less busy for Obama’s 2nd inauguration.

“Very few hotels are actually sold out at this point, so there’s a lot of availability,” said Elliott Ferguson, CEO of the tourism bureau Destination DC.

From the AJC:

City officials are expecting 600,000 to 800,000 visitors for the Jan. 21 inauguration, far less than the 1.8 million people who flooded the National Mall four years ago to witness the inauguration of America’s first black president. Back then, some hotels sold out months in advance and city residents rented out their homes for hundreds of dollars a night. This time, hotels say they’re filling up more slowly, with rooms still available and prices at or slightly below where they were four years ago.

• Obama wants you to donate your gifts to his campaign
  • The Honeymoon is Officially Over
  • Obama Compares Himself to Ghandhi, Nelson Mandela
  • BOMBSHELL: Michelle Obama says her job is ‘hell, I can’t Stand it’
  • Official White House Photo by Pete Souza

67 Responses to “Obama’s 2nd Inauguration to Draw Half the Crowds of 2009”

FuturedocDonte says:

:obama: doesn’t even matter

Happy holidays sandra and everybody :waves:

:waves: <—my ticket

GM SR & Errbody!

hope it was a good Holy Day for all. thanks for the :newpost: Auntie & for the heads up Donte :)

Happy holidays Future. :)

iWhip says:

damn u vacation day havin suckas! :cuss:

sharnell says:

DC is still too damn high! lol I pray everyone had a very Merry Christmas

KayCeiSoul says:

Hey Fay, Future, and Auntie! :yahoo: :hug:

I wish an awful case of gas to the people who have today off.
      So much so that they won’t be able to stand the smell of themselves laying in the bed and have to get up early and work from home. :rofl:

I kid, I kid! :lol:

This is the most boring mess I have ever encountered. I have NO work to do. But they’d rather pay for me to be here, soooooo…here I ill!!

KayCeiSoul says:

On the inauguration…

This ain’t new no’ mo’. People are breathing sighs of relief that he made it BACK into the office, considering the choices we had. Now we’re still doing everything we can to hold on to our coins. :coffee:
      We can party at home.

Sweet Brown voice —-> “Ain’t nobody got time fa’ dat!”

Miany says:

Good Morning FutureDoc, iwhip, sharnell!! I’m here at work, been here all week. :waves: Thanks for the post auntie.

MsOnederful says:

Merry Belated Christmas and Happy Holidays all. Now Auntie..please bang out some posts..I’ve been lurking since Monday. You didn’t even give us our Merry Christmas from Sandra Rose staff this year..or wait is that New Years??? Anywho I expect to see a lot from you today!! Muahzzzzzzz

:hahaha: same here Kay this some BOOLSHAT ya hurd meh! :cuss:

i shoulda brought some adult beverages in here or sumthin. wait till after lunch shoot! :tea:

Trendsetter says:

Morning All!

My sister and her friends will be attending!

Bombshell Esq says:

iWhip says:

damn u vacation day havin suckas!

—————————————-

:cosign: But I’ll be off to the Bahamas next week so I can’t really be mad.. can I? :nana:

Hey Miany! :hi: did i miss ur welcome packet? :think: if so, :welcome:

@Kay :cosign: all u had fonted in nimba seben!

Miany says:

Good Morning KayCei!
      Since the post is about Obama I’ll vent a bit about my morning so far…
      My sprite boss & a black co-worker of mine (both very conservative) were complaining AGAIN this a.m about ‘black folks who voted for Obama solely because he’s black. They were tryna engage me in their lil conversation…In an effort to keep my sanity and job…. I quietly stated ‘sorry, I decided to no longer discuss politics’.
      Why can’t people simply not agree with your political choices? I voted for Obama and you automatically assume I did so because he’s half black?? GTFOHWTBS

:blink: oh no u DI-INT Bombshell! :chase:

but yeah i hope u have a good time & whatnot. i guess :rolleyes: LOL!

we had a ball there. it was short but sweet!

FuturedocDonte says:

Did everybody enjoy there Christmas? Santa Claus (me) did pretty well this year

Bombshell Esq says:

@FAY :hugs: Don’t come fa me *Kid Fury voice* :tittays:

Afiya says:

Hope all had a fabulous Christmas.

Now about this Inauguation, I just wanna know how they know this, did they call and ask folks cause most people I know that went the first time are going back again j/s

Afiya says:

…and you know Black folks are late on everything, might be last minute preparations.

Bombshell Esq says:

FuturedocDonte says:

Did everybody enjoy there Christmas? Santa Claus (me) did pretty well this year

———————————

Shouldn’t that say “Chri-Ma” ala T.I. You lucky I’on know how to do the cross-out thingy or I would have fixed it for you. No shade, don’t ban me Aunty it’s the holidays! :tea:

iWhip says:

Miany, chile u did the right thang. like ALL the folks who voted for romney simply bc he was yt dont count. they’ll be aiight & they will deal until 2016 :obama:

*************Hello ALL!!********* I am here, now ya’ll may,

:kneel: LOLOLOLOL!!

iWhip says:

I’m not Bomb :hug: how long will u be there?

iyonah says:

Good Morning all :waves:

I wish an awful case of gas to the people who have today off.
      ^^^

My stomach actually hurts from the variety of items I allowed myself to nibble on yesterday. Glad to see these post. Happy Holidays to all.

@Sandra… If I submit a short Kwanzaa blog each day will you post it??

Bombshell Esq says:

:kiss: hubby and I will be there for 4days

iyonah says:

On topic… I am not surprised, some people wait till last minute and others are really not interested. I am really hoping to see some change and new policies implemented. I am #TeamObama like the next and have really been hoping that the POTUS puts his foot down, demands respect and evokes the change he promised on eventually. We still CAN!

Miany says:

iwhip…Thank you. yea, you must’ve missed my packet I did it on a day so many others were doing theirs.

well yall are finna have a ball hunty! :cheers: :hump:

Nakeya_j says:

Hello Roses! Happy Holidays and if your like me, at work wondering why you did not take off, hello to you too. hahaha. oh and GO Obama

Bombshell Esq says:

iWhip says:

well yall are finna have a ball hunty!

————————————————-

Thanks Fay I’m looking forward to it :hump: :party: It’s too darn :cold: in NY

Lexus says:

Longtime lurker, Happy Holidays to all!

:tea: Patiently waiting on Auntie to post about Bey’s “special needs baby” in an upcoming major network interview. She said on Twitter last nite she will post today on the blog. :kneel:

Lexus :hi: :blink: since when Bey got a special needs child tho?? :huh:

KayCeiSoul says:

Aww shoot! There are some Roses in the office ta-day!! :yahoo: Hey y’all!

Hey Miany!! :hi:
      They already know in my office not to go there. See, sprites are kinda sneaky in the Nawf. They THINK it, but won’t SAY it. :no: Or they try to be sneaky with it. In any event, the dayum topic is CLOSED off in here! LOL!
      Your response was awesome though. :clap: Got them right together.

Iyonah – I feel you gurl. I panched off of EVERYTHING at two different houses yesterday – Gram’Ma’s and Mama’s. The whole fam was trying to feed me EVERYTHING but I only got a little room :ashamed: Can’t eat like that.

I know one thang though….between Christmas Eve and this morning I ate a whole sweet potatoe pie, and I declare…I am NOT ashamed of the gospel! :coffee:

iWhip says:

i cant wait to go back to NYC next year Bomb! it was my 1st trip there & i just loved it. it was summertime tho aint nobody got time for that :cold: shat! :nono:

when i say i HATE cold weather? please know this!

KayCeiSoul says:

**********************************************

I don’t want to cut up. Please Auntie – don’t go here.
      You’ll go down a path that I cannot follow. :sad:

The thought of this makes me sad.

iyonah says:

Hey Lexus… they saying Blu special!?!?

@Kay… I avoid political and religious talk at all cost, so hard in my industry, everybody think they are an expert on everything. And yes.. I had a spoonful of to much stuff…My stomach really hurts.. no pie though, lol. can’t wait till these aqua blast classes start, this exercise resolution has to start today, I aint even waiting for the 1st.

iyonah says:

@iwhip I love NY in the summer :)
      Day trip planned this weekend for my babygirl, going to try iceskating!!

Lexus says:

@Iwhip

She said last nite on twitter that Blue Ivy will be a year old next month and still isn’t pulling herself up. The major interview is about Bey “raising a special needs child”. I quess she has some intel.

iWhip says:

:hahaha: Kay i logs into SR for yo fonts bew! wth is i’m gone do when u birf that there baybay?? :crying:

Bombshell Esq says:

@FAY I love everything about my city cept this :cold: It’s usually tolerable until about round this time thru Feb though

tallie says:

I went to the inauguration in 2009 and I have no desire to go again.

Lexus u know imma need some IRON-clad receipts right? :rules:
      i mean video, an audio confession, AND a PSA from Bey. so yeah :lol: :tea:

Miany says:

@KayCei…Yea, I’d prefer if the topic was closed off here as well….lol…no shame in the sweet potatoe pie, big lil man apparently loves it.
      @Nakeya Monday and Tuesday I wondered why I didn’t call out. Today I’m over it….just sitting here waiting for Friday.
      @iyonah…morning! I think the Kwanzaa posts would be nice. Kwanzaa teaches some good values.
      @Caramel… Heyyyyyyyy *does gone with the wind twirl*
      @Lexus…what happened? Did she actually call her own 11 month old special needs on national t.v.? Was the baby diagnosed or is she just saying she has needs that broke kids don’t?

GAGIRL87 says:

___________________________________________________________________

Opened their homes :nono:

People cray cray!!!

iWhip says:

awwwwww SHAT nah! supv done said we can take turns leaving early all the rest of this week & do the same damn thang next week. so that’s TWO count ‘em TWO esstra days off :yahoo: God ILL good!! :yes:

KayCeiSoul says:

Hey Tallie – looking like Yolanda Adams! If you’re new :welcome: ,
      if not, charge it to my contacts gurl.

What is your reason for not wanting to go again? I think it’s awesome that you got to go the first time – that was historic! :yes:

:rofl: the most likely answer of them ALL! :rofl:

he is still the president for the next four years :tea: deal with it or move to another country :nana:

KayCeiSoul says:

@ Fay-Bay – I told you Sis – I ain’t going no’where.
      Me and Biggun aka Jethro Bodine gone be at home for 8 – 12 weeks chillin’ HARD. I will be on here with him on my shoulder. :heart:

iWhip says:

ok just got back from Auntie’s twitta. look like she posed to be spilling the :tea:

we shall see!

Miany says:

@iwhip…I’m hoping the baby isn’t really special needs cuz there are some nasty people that will still talk bad about a disabled child all cuz they hate Bey-Z.
      @Jenie…they acting like he STOLE the election. (these same folks weren’t mad when Bush actually stole it)

KayCeiSoul says:

@ Fay-Bay – I told you Sis – I ain’t going no’where.

:woohoo: & all is right in the wurl AGANE! :tea:

Shay_OH says:

I will be there! I wasn’t able to go to the first one, and have regretted that, but I will be at this next one!

iWhip says:

Miany & those muddaBASTIDS can kiss my whole ENTIRE plentiful ASS! :buttshake: ion play that shat. talmbout chirren. ESPECIALLY special needs chirren. my son has autism so yeah it hits home :tea:

Shay_OH says:

Has Sandra cleaned house here again? I am a long time lurker and very infrequent poster, but I notice some of the “regulars” aren’t here today? Choco &Laker girl come to mind just off the top of my head. I hope they are just still enjoying an extra day of vacation! I hope errbody had a wonderful Christmas and has a woneerful New Year!

KayCeiSoul says:

iWhip says:

Miany & those muddaBASTIDS can kiss my whole ENTIRE plentiful ASS! ion play that shat. talmbout chirren. ESPECIALLY special needs chirren. my son has autism so yeah it hits home

********************************************************

:cosign:

You already know I’m sensitive to it Sis because I am expecting AND I LOVE the babies and kids.
      The media takes shyt too far when they want to report on celebrity kids in a negative light. Hate her, I don’t care…but leave her child alone.

That type of shyt will get a REAL mother like myself 10 to life. I do NOT play when it comes to the babies. :coffee:

:hi: Shay_OH Choco & Laker no longer post here :no:

Choco left by choice. Laker was booted.

KayCeiSoul says:

And in that order. :coffee:

Miany says:

@iwhip….I don’t have any children but, I agree 100%. I hate for someone to do kids wrong. That’s why I’m not mad at Beyonce for shielding her baby. I’d want to protect mine as well.

rozb says:

iWhip!!!!! Happy Holidays! :yahoo:

@Jenie: Whenever I hear someone say Obama stole the election or Blacks voted for him because he is Black, I ask them why did I vote for White candidates. I then tell them to tell me exactly why they voted for Romney or didn’t vote for Obama – if the reasoning was because Romney was White. :smack:

iWhip says:

Kay i be holding my fonts back on bc at the end of the day it aint worf it to me. but THIS one will & i will go hard in the paint! :yes: :tea:

iWhip says:

Roz!!! :woohoo: hey suga! Happy Holidays yourself ma’am, how’s everything? :hug:

Bombshell Esq says:

I’s board… what ya’ll talkin’ bout? :tea:

Shay_OH says:

@iWhip & KCS, thanks for the update & sorry to hear they are gone :( They aeemed liked fun ladies. I hope Sandra doesn’t ban me for askin’….lol Ms. Sandra, I was purely on an info seeking mission, I wasn’ t trying to stir up trouble! :-)

rozb says:

iWhip: Life is good. Preparing to go at another semester soon. My brain is frying just thinking about it. :| You got new products yet?

iyonah says:

Your expecting Kay?? Congrats lovely!! How is your pregnancy going?