Beyonce GQ

Not everyone is sipping from the Beyonce fountain of self-obsession. The Guardian newspaper slammed Beyonce for being a “raging narcissist,” as well as a hypocrite who posed barely nude for a photographer who has been accused of sexual harassment.

In addition to calling singer Beyonce Knowles a ‘raging narcissist,’ the paper shreds Beyonce’s conflicting statements about feminism in the February issue of GQ magazine.

In the interview, Beyonce said:

“I truly believe that women should be financially independent from their men. And let’s face it, money gives men the power to run the show. It gives men the power to define value. They define what’s sexy. And men define what’s feminine. It’s ridiculous.”

The Guardian writes: “Knowles is right: it is ridiculous that American women earn 77 cents to every dollar earned by men. This is almost as ridiculous as, say, a self-professedly powerful female celebrity (“I’m more powerful than my mind can even digest,” announces Knowles) complaining about men defining sexiness in a men’s magazine in which she poses nearly naked in seven photos, including one on the cover in which she is wearing a pair of tiny knickers and a man’s shirt so cropped that her breasts are visible. These photos, incidentally, were taken by the bafflingly successful American photographer, Terry Richardson, a man with a penchant for highly sexualised photos of women and who has been repeatedly accused of sexual exploitation and misconduct by young female models, which Richardson has denied.

• Beyonce Covers GQ Magazine: 100 Sexiest Women
  • Beyonce Gets Sexy for GQ
  • Celebrity Seed: Solange Knowles and Blue Ivy
  • Celebrity Seed: Jay Z and Beyonce

97 Responses to “Paper calls Beyonce a ‘raging narcissist,’ a hypocrite, and a ‘disgrace to feminism’”

Betamax82 says:

:facepalm:

Just Looking Don't Ask Me NOTHING says:

:popcorn:

:facepalm:

libra80sbaby says:

:stop: let’s not do this Sandra.

twerkthat says:

:wail: Well DAMN!!!

Gigi26 says:

Welp… :tea: That’s my cue :peace:

GellySammich says:

OTBey I would like to pick the stan side of your brain one day… when it’s slow

libra80sbaby says:

:stop: did this bish Bey say, “I am more powerful than my mind can digest”? GTFOHWTBS Be :yawn: say

KyCakes says:

Welp :shrug:

San they keep blocking your site… guess I’ll catch up with yall tomm. :shrug:

Ty says:

Sandra can we get a Aaliyah post it is her birthday :coffee:

LolliepopLyfe says:

I just wanted to say… that I like the word “knickers”. #thatisall

KyCakes says:

I can’t see that pose without remembering @Jenie saying “that picture makes me want to poop”

KyCakes says:

:wail: No OTB!!!!!! Who’s blocking…Lemme at ‘em… :spank:

100% usa made! says:

Waiting for the Bey Stans to play Defense :popcorn:

blackblondee says:

OOOOOH MY!
      #Next

Just Looking Don't Ask Me NOTHING says:

:waves: @Ty

:happybirthday: Aaliyah

Gelly :lol: The site is acting funny for me.. but typically slow is after 5. I got xs where gravis should be..

Just Looking Don't Ask Me NOTHING says:

Wanna say so much about that toilet paper Lollypop :rofl: …but I’m going to be a Lady.

Nite Nite All :bye:

JMO says:

Which site OTB?

GellySammich says:

I’ll have my people call your people. We’ll set something up. *smooches*

Just Looking Don't Ask Me NOTHING says:

same here Mac…I can’t see pic.

Ty says:

:hi: Just

@ blackblonde…is that an invisible part :think:

Sandra’s @JMO. The pic is missing..gravis gone..loading slow.

100% usa made! says:

Why are Bey’s feet one color and her face and entire different color. It’s not the lighting either :thinking:

WorkInProgress says:

ysoserious says:

Lawd.

KyCakes says:

100% usa made! says:

Why are Bey’s feet one color and her face and entire different color
      ———————————————————————
      Is it just me, or do her feet not quite fit in those shoes…. :thinking:

Its editing. Bey doesnt control the editing.

Her photos with Terry Richardson from GQ..all photos shot by Terry will be whitewashed. He did it to Rihanna. He did it to Kate. :shrug:

KyCakes says:

WorkInProgress says:

———————————————————————-
      That made me think of that episode of the Twilight Zone….that little girl who everyone had to be real nice to, or she’d stare at you and cause all kinds of hell :lol:

WorkInProgress says:

Bey giving me some stiff competition in that pick up top. **looking around for my Butt Bible DVD*

amatrex says:

So I guess the moral to this story is, it’s not cool to be a hypocrite unless you’re an entertainer who has millions of fans and you’re extremely wealthy. :shrugs:

WorkInProgress says:

yasssss KY. ppl were holding in their piss and ish. couldnt even blink cos she was just so unstable. Sandra gonna eff around and realise her url has been disabled.

100% usa made! says:

@ KY – those heels do look a little close to the edge. Cute shoes though

I think the moral is Beyonce cant tout feminism cause she posed with her clothes off. You know there are rules and chit.

Never mind that she took this message of equality to GQ..a fukking male mag. :eek:

The b!tch just do too much. Or too little. They (HATERS) havent made up their minds yet.. *files nails*

100% usa made! says:

@ OTB, I feel you on the edititng. He made her with a white face and blackfeet – not a good look. But I guess he figured nobody would be checking for the feet when they can look at her curves :shrugs:

mzwhang90210 says:

“I’m more powerful than my mind can even digest,”
      :eek:

mzwhang90210 says:

WorkInProgress says: Sandra pls be nice to Bey remember she is more powerful than her mind can even digest. She gonna blink one day and admonish you to a place where there’s only dycks.
      _____________________________
      And dogs that eat people.

WorkInProgress says:

I take Beyonce for what she is – a beautiful sexy ass woman who is a beast on stage. I won’t buy her CDs but i’ll go to her concerts. There’s a reason God gave each and every one of us our OWN lives. Live it as you please and fugg everybody else.

WorkInProgress says:

And dogs that eat people.
      ……………

:ghost:

Thats a hell of a quote huh @Whang :lol: Reading it in context is better..but I cringed at those words. I dont think Beyonce knows about her internet rep. :lol:

:shrug:

LolliepopLyfe says:

@Just Looking- No go on, be yourself! LOL

100% usa made! says:

So did ya’ll already talk about Yandy and ManDisease (sp)?

WorkInProgress says:

OTB if that :shrug: was for my last comment I :cosign: I had way too many thoughts going on at once and ent made one likka sense I would scratch it if I knew how. :)

Smonae80 says:

I don’t read the Guardian :coffee:

Phuck them & Hadley the author :hater:

Miss Mainey says:

(“I’m more powerful than my mind can even digest,”
      _____________________________________________________

Everybody smells themselves once in a while. She’s that chick. That’s why they keep throwing her name out there to sell newspapers.

Ididntreallymeanit says:

I got nothing

blackblondee says:

@Ty—not an invisible part… just a little hair left out..

Unshakable says:

Libra80: I agree….. but I will play devil’s advocate and say in her defense that maybe she speaks/acts before she thinks. While she has definitely made a name for herself, I have always admired stars who exude humility and grace, i.e. Luther Vandross, Lena Horne, Nat King Cole, etc. :yes:

@Ty….. OMG!! I forgot today was her birthday!! I wish she were still here to make good quality music. Le sigh…..those were the days. :cry:

San they keep blocking your site…

They who?

Ty says:

Sandra can we get a Aaliyah post it is her birthday

I don’t celebrate the birthdays of dead people.

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

They’re entitled to their opinion, so carry on because every pic this bish take, every song she release & every documentary she tape, I’m going to be checkin for it any who :coffee: she’s a paid entertainer who gets paid a lot to entertain based on supply & demand, so until the demands ceases then let her supply her fans & the rest of y’all should simply look the other way!! She’s not here to save the world, she’s not the spikeperson for all women or mothers, she’s an entertainer so stop holding her to higher standards than any other entertainer, Rihanna pose naked & she’s edgy & what’s hot, she can promote her album & say all types of fuggery with a joint in her mouth & she’s a rebel- gtfoh you ain’t gotta like the chick, hell don’t but let that bish do her

mzwhang90210 says:

“I’m more powerful than my mind can even digest,”

I think she’s means that celebrities wield power over their followers in the basic sense because they are idolized. But she has zero power over people who are not one of her drooling stans. I’m sure her narcissistic mind can’t fathom that there are people who don’t even know she exists.

Just Looking Don’t Ask Me NOTHING says:

same here Mac…I can’t see pic.

I see it in 3 different browsers on my MAC. :shrug:

Unshakable says:

@ WIP regarding comment #32

Girl you? Honey, I need an ab workout, leg workout, back workout, neck workout, and arm workout. How about that? The stuff that I want to jiggle, won’t. The stuff that I don’t want to jiggle, will. It’s like there’s a missing link between my body and the gym. Kinda like how there’s a missing link sometimes between Beyonce’s brain and her mouth.

@ Sandrita May (Sandrita May = Sandra Rose) Since you celebrate the birthday of dead people, could you at least celebrate her life? :think:

Dymond says:

:waves:
      I was disappointed to hear she posed for Terry Richardson but damn she fine :love:

ReadingIsFundamental says:

1. Her body is banging *disclaimer: as pictured above in however they made her look like that*. 2. We all know shis slow in the brain. 3. I need to HEAR the whole interview because I can’t take what some of these magazines edit and print as Gospel.

Ni ni says:

:applause: @ Sandra. Beyawnce probably doesnt know the defintion of feminism or what the movement was about, poor thing. I didnt care for her before and especially not after that interview. I was on another site and someone posted a link to an interview of dc and this fool was eating grapes or some sht like they was sunflower seeds while the man was trying to interview her. Poor michelle and kelly seemed scared to talk too much. I kinda liked that bey, she was her country ghetto self. She wasnt struggling for words, the part I saw at least. She seemed real then. I guess all that power & money messed up her personality.

Starr says:

I had those same thoughts when i read some things from the magazine. Its like she’s trying to be deep, but she reveals how little knowledge she has with the basic contradictions.

Pickachu Tran says:

Beyonce is NOT deep and I wish she would stop trying to be, she just comes off as ditsy and uneducated.

Bey you were put on this earth to sing, dance, and entertain your followers and the masses.. Do that and talk less. :coffee:

NaijaGal says:

interesting article…so they’re basically saying she’s talking out both sides of her neck :shrug:

PICKACHY :hi: and Morning to others as they straggle in :waves:

Afiya says:

This woman can’t win, no matter what she does, folks gonna always hate on her…and for what? She getting her hussle on and preparing for her and her families future…what is wrong with that? just :no: (sad)

Milky says:

Happy Friday Eve! :wave:
      naija :kiss: how u doing bew?
      afiya
      pickachu dat pic man!

And to all the otha Roses, thorns, lurkers, and haters!

:rofl: Morning all :hahaha: I see we starting early this morning with this post :rofl:

NaijaGal says:

MILKY :kiss:

:coffee: Sorry Bey stans but this article is on point.

Milky says:

I don’t celebrate the birthdays of dead people
      _________________________
      Really Sandra, would u celebrate a close family members birthday if they passed? #seriousquestion

Milky says:

:hi:
      jenie how r u doing ma’am?

Unapologetic says:

@Afiya :cosign: Morning errbody :waves:

Pickachu Tran says:

morning Naija, Milky, Jenie, Afiya

:waves:

I do not celebrate the birthdays of Dead people either :shrugs: To each is own, but honestly for what? They are no longer here, matter fact, they are in a much better place :coffee: so why celebrate their life in this partial hell hole of a world we live in. But folks do what they want so :tea:

Bootcampgirl says:

Morning Ladies :yawn:
      On topic: Whatever Bey is doing is working for her, her pockets are getting fatter each and every day… :shrug:

Off topic: anybody catch AI?

Pickachu Tran says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Sorry Bey stans but this article is on point.
      _______________________________

:yes:

Milky, Pickachu, Unpologetic, Afiya, Naija :waves: at you all and here’s a kiss :kiss:

Bootcampgirl says:

Anybody checking out the Lance/Oprah interview tonight?

Bootcampgirl says:

Hey Unapologetic :buttshake:

NaijaGal says:

JENIE :waves:

*what exactly is Lance gonna talk about that we don’t know :yawn: but I’m sure the white folks will tune in*

Bootcampgirl says:

Jenie :happy:

Bootcampgirl says:

@Naija :argue: I’m just interested on what he reveals and what questions Oprah is going to ask…

Unapologetic says:

@Bootcamp :shakebutt:

Pickachu Tran says:

Off topic: anybody catch AI?

*******************************

people still watch that :shrugs:

I’m more powerful than my mind can even digest,” announces Knowles)

WTF! Really ? :rolleyes: are freaking kidding me :coffee: chile ok!

Bootcampgirl says:

@Pickachu, :ido:

WUT U TALKIN BOUT?! says:

Good morning yall… :yawn:

Dontcha juuuuuust hhhhhhaaaaayyyyyteee when people wake you up like an hour before you actually have to get up? :mad:

Imma miss that hour all dayum day!!!!

AI is off limits for me :nono: I can take Icki Minaj and I meant that :tea: every time I see that chick its like :no: can’t do it

Bootcampgirl says:

Hey Wut :waves:

Milky says:

:hi:
      unapologetic
      boot

I dont take it so much as celebrating the dead on their birthday, but more of remembering that individual on their b-day. Especially if it is someone that was very close to me. But everyone has their own preference!!

Milky says:

@wut good morning shuga, shait I hate when folks wake me up even ten minutes early.. Luv my sleep! :yawn:

I’m totally missing th point of this post. I don’t need B to perform a background check on the “wildly successful” photographers she works with. Furthermore, just because the pics are in a men’s magazine doesn’t mean that B doesn’t think she looks sexy in them. Her whole point in the quote is that she be sexy by her own standards not by some man’s standards.

Bootcampgirl says:

Milky :danban:
      So us eastcoasters are supposed to be getting snow, it better be enough for a State of Emer… :karate:

Milky says:

I get what ya saying :yes: I remember them of course, But I don’t celebrate though. I know for myself I’m having faith that I will see them again, ya know.

Lady_L says:

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

They’re entitled to their opinion, so carry on because every pic this bish take, every song she release & every documentary she tape, I’m going to be checkin for it any who she’s a paid entertainer who gets paid a lot to entertain based on supply & demand, so until the demands ceases then let her supply her fans & the rest of y’all should simply look the other way!! She’s not here to save the world, she’s not the spikeperson for all women or mothers, she’s an entertainer so stop holding her to higher standards than any other entertainer, Rihanna pose naked & she’s edgy & what’s hot, she can promote her album & say all types of fuggery with a joint in her mouth & she’s a rebel- gtfoh you ain’t gotta like the chick, hell don’t but let that bish do her