Rick Ross was the target of a drive by shooting in Florida

Rick Ross target of drive by

Wannabe gangsta rapper Rick Ross, real name William Leonard Roberts II, nearly escaped with his life after he wrecked his prized Rolls Royce while trying to evade a drive-by shooting in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

Police say Ross, 37, was the intended target as a gunman (or gunmen) riddled his luxury Rolls with bullets fired from another vehicle around 5 a.m. this morning.

When the gunfire erupted, Ross lost control of the Rolls Royce and slammed into a residential building. Witnesses say the car’s other occupant was a woman, most likely his girlfriend Shateria who partied with Ross at Liv Nightclub Sunday night. A nearby diner was reportedly hit with gunfire. Police counted 15 spent bullet shells at the scene.

Ross owns homes in South Florida and Atlanta.

The photo of the smashed up Rolls was taken by Betty Yu, of South Florida’s NBC6.

• Rick Ross’ sister confirms he was a CO
  • Rick Ross mess from the white man’s perspective
  • Rick Ross Hauled into Child Support Court Today
  • SR Interrogates: DJ Holiday (Mixtape King Of The South)

116 Responses to “Rick Ross was the target of a drive by shooting in Florida”

:hahaha: <<<—- I know I ain't chit!!

Unshakable says:

When will this madness end? *Folds my hands Mahalia Jackson style and prays* :pray:

LSLH says:

It’s not like they didn’t warn him in a video that was posted on Worldstarhiphop…

Beautifuleve17 says:

This is crazy

69 says:

They gone learn it’s real out here in these streets. So many rappers talk all that chit on a track and never stepped foot in Bankhead or Liberty City.

Don’t fake the funk and end up making a fool of yourself. You ain’t hard, don’t front. :violin:

BawSe BaWse Boss boss :happybirthday:

Unshakable says:

Morning Donna and Jenie! :hug:

Diva Ro….hey suga mama! Whatchu know good? :kiss:

LadyLew says:

Were they blind gunmen? I think I MIGHT see 2 holes

NaijaGal says:

they need to leave Officer Ross alone…it’s not that serious…so killing him is gonna do what exactly?

Betamax82 says:

Dam it’s real in these streets

KABYEYOU says:

i wonder why rap music isnt looked at, as entertainment like movies and tv shows. to me its entertainment.. never understood the ignorance of people feeling like rappers have to be real thugs cause they rap about it.

GAGIRL87 says:

Nobody deserves to have their life taken I :pray: for Ross. Having money ain’t everything :no:

Carrington says:

Sandra Mae, “nearly” & “narrowly” are two different things – ESPECIALLY in this case. I think if Rick Rosd NEARLY escaped with his life, means he’s probably at the pearly gates begging St. Peter for a hook up!

PS: How you gone be a gangster named LEONARD??

69 says:

Diva Ty Fefe LuvN :kiss:

Um 69 :blink: that gravie just threw me way off, are those titts hanging to the bikini area :ghost:

Unshakable says:

@69…..chile you betta preach on it! Matta of fact, he keep it up, he’s gonna see the promised land a lot sooner than he anticipated.

*cues beyonce to start rehearsing “I’m Goin up Yondaway” * :rofl:

never stepped foot in Bankhead or Liberty City<–THIS!

I was reading he just purchased a house DownTown Las Olas :nono: them very Wealthy YTs over there are NOT going for that!
      furthermore this is my stomp and grind area *pinky up* and where i have to conduct Legal bizNess
      I hope they figure they shyte out Quick

PumpkinsMama says:

@ 69 mam what in thee entire hell is that in ur gravi :blink:

Carrington says:

PS: How you gone be a gangster named LEONARD??

:hahaha: Carrington Leonard can’t be gangsta :rofl:

69 says:

Jenie

That’s YSO auntie. Don’t tell her I told you though. :hahaha:

eastpointvet says:

Actually u dont see any holes the report I read said none hit the car. They had to be trying to scare him instead of actually hitting the vehicle

FuturedocDonte says:

:shotsfired: now as big as that target is :coffee:

Pickachu Tran says:

:whistle:

I think I’m Big Meech Larry Hoover, whipping work, halleluiah, one nation under god real niggas getting money from the ****ing start.

****************************

ricky ross aint bout that lyfe

cues beyonce to start rehearsing “I’m Goin up Yondaway”
      ~ ~ ~
      :casket:

GAGIRL87 says:

Parents raise your chirren or they WILL turn into common street thugs. I refuse to let my son be a hethen #random :coffee:

flyygirl says:

good morning roses!

@ topic o_O :tea:

Unshakable says:

@Carrington,

Cause Ray-Ray, Tyronequel, and Shawnredevontae Marquez were already taken…..pickings were slim. #helpful :tea:

Anna says:

KABYEYOU says:

~~~~~~~~
      That’s all Rap is “entertainment”. I choose to not be entertained by it.

@ Carrington…I know a Leonard, he is batshyt crazy. He’s a fighter though, not a shooter.

Awwww shat 69 done me flat line ________________________ :ghost:
      :casket:

PumpkinsMama says:
      Is a MALE—> 69 mam what in thee entire hell is that in ur gravi

missmiami says:

Ross about that $$$. dudes take this rap mess too serious. hi: guys surgery went well but using one hand for now to type. asta luego

Ty says:

Didnt he just post a video talking shyt about the GD’s :think:

Studio gangsta meet Real Gangsta :shotsfired:

Take your azz to wing factory and back to the house. U dont need to be riding through the hood trying to stunt knowing u aint about that life :coffee:

PumpkinsMama says:

@ LuVn :rofl: oops

Trendsetter says:

But are any of the rappers really about that life…personally I like Officer Ricky…he built a brand, and ran with it…why are ppl so mad…

MsB says:

Are the lyrics he raps that serious that they are willing to get life in prison??? :no:

Pickachu Tran says:

totally confused and quite esscared of 69′s gravie

:scared:

libra80sbaby says:

Dayum…be safe outchea Officer Ricky. He better start wearing a bullet proof vest in these streets. SMH

dancerbee93 says:

Hey everybody!!! Long time no font :waves: I see yall still aint chit!! I lubs it

Unshakable says:

@GaGirl87,

Thank you for taking the time to actually be a parent. It’s important for families to spend time together and for parents to instill values in their children. Way to go mama! :hug:

Trendsetter says:
      ~ ~ ~ ~
      Thats WHY, He built a Successful Brand wit chiken WANGS and gravy!

Nakeya_j says:

NaijaGal says:

——–
      All of this! Let that man be great and get his money. You gonna kill him an dthen a bunch of nothing. smdh. “These haters can’t hold him back” lmao

dancerbee93 says:

libra80sbaby says:

———————–
      So he needs to wear a down comforter as a vest.. Ion think they make’em in his size tho :shrugs:

GAGIRL87 says:

______________________________________________________________________

Ty says:

69 says:

Diva Ty Fefe LuvN
      :hug: Hey hun

MSVALLDAY says:

And what will killing him and possibly innocent people really prove :shrugs: Makes no sense. Please stop the violence in my flavor flav voice!

PumpkinsMama says:

@ Dimpz (dragged from downstairs) your previous living situation is my current hell :crying: The old lady that lives above me and her damned BeBe azz grandkids run over, jump over, and bang all night long! And yes, I takes my azz right upstairs and bangs on her door. My Pumpkin aint no booger, his azzin the bed by 8:30 errrrynight. They not gon wake mines up cuz they don’t have no home training :tea:

robin says:

Dang was it a full moon yesterday? To much craziness.

Oprahs Bunion says:

KABYEYOU says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :cosign:

KABYEYOU says:

Trendsetter says:

___________________________________________________________________

thats what im saying, when i listen to music i must hear something different than yall, i get caught in the story and the motion like a movie. i dont think o rick ross is the biggest gangsta in florida. they provide music like actors provide movies, its the ignorance of people wanting to live through rap music or music in general… yall go ahead and pop a molly and sweat, ill just sing the lyrics in the club and go to work on monday

69 says:

Luvn

PumpkinsMama must be new. :lol:

And plenty of these so called “thugs” as they “portray” themselves to be aren’t thugs. You ain’t about that life, so set cho ass down.

Pumpkin

My gravi is sexy :yes:

dancerbee93 says:

@jenie :woohoo: how you be!??

@ GA…I’m so damned serious. Nigga go from 2 to 15 in 6413161612 nano seconds. You be like, :huh:

Oprahs Bunion says:

And good morning everyone!! Been away for a couple days, but now I’m back!

:lick: to my special roses!

Carrington says:

Would y’all take me serious as a gangster named Carrington?

“B@tch, gimme yo mf wallet before you get straight wrecked up in this b@tch!”

… Boy, of you don’t come on in this house and help your sister with her algebra, you better!

MsB thanku for my compliment down yonder :hug: :kiss:

Dancer I am doing pretty good :yes: and yaself ?

PumpkinsMama says:

Um No sir she is NOT :rofl: But I aint mad at her. She is clearly verrrrry confident :yes:

69 says:

KABYEYOU says:

:blink: I have several different opinions about this statement right here but in the mean time I’m going to let you have it.

GAGIRL87 says:

Unshakable says:

@GaGirl87,

_____________________________________________________________________

Awww thanks :hug:

It’s sad to say some of our youth don’t have a fighting chance b/c they parents ain’t chit.

Just Looking says:

livin in the fast lane
      Drivin fast ‘broads’
      With them fast ‘chains’
      When you pimpin through life
      See some people get caught up
      And some charges brought up
      With some people they shoot up
      Hey.. there it goes again………..

Morning :waves: :whistle:

Unshakable says:

@MsB,

IMO, I think some of these rappers just talk about that life and actually front on the video or on their tracks. They may just be in it for the $$. But they’re are those who can’t/won’t differentiate between fantasy/reality and….well…you get a First 48 moment….up close and personal.

For detectives, the clock starts ticking the moment they are called.
      Eight o’clock a call comes in to Dallas PD….a man is found on the street corner……dead. :shrug:

Ty says:

Trendsetter says:

I think he pissed some folks off claiming shyt that he wasn’t affliated with (BMF, HOOVER, etc). So it got real in the streets :coffee: I think his beef with Jeezy started over BMF :shrug:

#my2cents

Unshakable says:

@GaGirl,

You’re welcome love. :kiss:

Trendsetter says:

luVn_liFe… says:

Trendsetter says:
      ~ ~ ~ ~
      Thats WHY, He built a Successful Brand wit chiken WANGS and gravy!

_________________________

@Trend from downstairs..When they lived here in AL before moving to IL, we used to all be cool. She doesn’t work and didn’t have a fone @ the time so I used to have to call her on his cell and one day I called for her and he answered and he’s been talking to me ever since.

I’ve been battling tell her what he’s told me but they are married so I dont say nuthin’ and mind my bidness. I want to tell her tho but she doesn’t have anywhere to go so I aint tryna make her homeless, you know?

Strictly platonic though.

GAGIRL87 says:

MzDimplez1123 says:

_____________________________________________________________________

I love it :lol: who does he fight? anybody? :popcorn:

69 says:

Kabyeyou

No hard feelings tho. Just want to throw that out there too. :lol:

KABYEYOU says:

69 says:

_______________________________________________________________

no shade on the comment, def open for discussion cause I just dont get the mindset.

MsB says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :cosign: :claps: and alladat!!!

hell_on_heels says:

This is just getting really OLD!!! So sick of the whole “gangster mentality”….too damn old for the bull (all of these rappers are pushing and/or over 40!!!

For detectives, the clock starts ticking the moment they are called.
      ~ ~ ~
      Bwahahahahahahahaaaaa thats Funny UNSHAKABLE

:offtopic: CB need to go into hiding that man is has target written all over his body by the mediaa :no:

Just Looking says:

_________
      :wtf: Not judging, but if I READ CORRECTLY you is all kinds of wrong. JMO

:lol: @ Carrington

I get your point but, names can be deceiving. :yes:

@PM…They weren’t even supposed to be living there. I asked her to quiet them down one day because I was trying to get a nap in, I was in teh last few months of my pregnancy and they sounded like they were just jumping all day or throwing themselves on the floor as hard as they could. She had the nerve to tell me she can’t do because they’re really small and she didn’t have the time to take them outside. :blink: She got their asses right after I called my landlord though. :coffee:

69 says:

Ty

THANK YOU! That’s part the chit I was thinking about plus too many of these punks wanna claim chit they ain’t apart of or ain’t affiliated with. :rolleyes:

PumpkinsMama says:

@ Caramel, hun, NOT cool. I would say shut down all communications with the cat. What’s gonna happen if one day your friend finds out (about the cheating) and know that you KNEW the whole time? It’s gon be trouble, trouble :tea:

Just LO_OkiNG :wave: You Good maaM?

I’on feel sorry for him. May God have mercy on his soul, if he aint sold it to Lucifer :coffee:

@ GA…Anydamnedbody, Anydamnednumber. Just craay. :lol:

Just Looking says:

Hey Dimpz… :hug: :dance:

@69 – What up? Who is the Brick house in gravie?

Oprahs Bunion says:

:offtopic: This is actually from a conversation on Friday I think you guys had…what is glazing donuts? :think:

NaijaGal says:

BUNION :yahoo: :hug:

Trendsetter says:

KABYEYOU says:

Trendsetter says:

___________________________________________________________________

__________________________________

Right, I like the beats…the way he raps…his swag…and that’s it…

Just Looking says:

Hey Luvn – Yep! At home doing some doing laundry and waiting to get hair bradied.

LOOKING! :hug:

Hey Muh Love!

Diva says:

Yeah I knew a guy named Leonoard who was bat shyt crazy too. He ended up dead in motel room…that nigga would walk around with combat boots on talking to himself..GOD REST HIS SOUL

mia2bmore says:

This is ridiculous. Everybody knows his image was created and thats really not him. Nothing he raps about is worth taking his life.

Betamax82 says:

Just Looking you shortened your name :lol:

NaijaGal says:

what is glazing donuts?
      ======================
      I thought it was dude releasing all over your ass…but ion know much about sex :tea:

MsB says:

@Unshakable I agree with you that there are those who can’t differentiate real-life from fantasy and everyone is rapping about being about “that life” but for the everyday folks you would think they would be able to distinguish the two… :shrug: I guess those “gangstas” aren’t everyday folks they are also caught up in a fantasy and “street cred”

lexdiamonz says:

Carrington says:

Would y’all take me serious as a gangster named Carrington?

“B@tch, gimme yo mf wallet before you get straight wrecked up in this b@tch!”

CARRINGTON sounds more like a “white-collar crime” name like espionage, ponzi scheme type ish LOL… BUT for real though it is REALLY REAL in those streets…. hell he CLAIMS he is a boss and a gangsta wasn’t he popping off about the gangs on the radio … he better calm his azz down and go eat some diced pinapples before there is some slow singing and slower bringing

Oprahs Bunion says:

:kiss: @ Naijagal!! How are you gorgeous??

Diva says:

:kiss: @Dancer hey babesssssssssssssssss

Caramel Cutie says:

Strictly platonic though.

Let me hip you to some real ish :rules: a married man ain’t got no business calling you or even telling you what going on up threw there house hold. :tea: he just wants some azz and you must want ya dome rocked too :no: leave that alone, matter fact block him from ya phone.

Just Looking says:

@Beta – Yeah (several time) You can ask me stuff now. :hahaha:

:newpost: on BEYOUNCE :smack:

PumpkinsMama says:

@ Dimpz Yasssssssssssss Dem mufuggaz dont technically live here! They some old ratchet azz Section 8 family (no shade to anyone gettin it, cuz I wish they’d give it to me) :rofl: I was coming home from work one day & she was outside. I was like you betta go in and cut on the AC it’s too hot out here. She was like honey, my daughter done ran up the AC bill higher than the rent. I was like :blink: Like Damnnnnnnnn that’s more than a G! She was like o no baby I got sect 8 :cuss:

NaijaGal says:

what is glazing donuts?
      ======================
      I thought it was dude releasing all over your ass…but ion know much about sex

Diva says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

NaijaGal says:

what is glazing donuts?
      ======================
      I thought it was dude releasing all over your ass…but ion know much about sex

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s too early for this :rofl:

GAGIRL87 says:

@MsB it makes me so mad where did we go wrong as a people :no: I didn’t have the “best” upbringing I lived in the hood. Growing up the hood you either rise above it and become better or you just give up and live that “life”. Thank God I made it out, I know better therefor I do better.

Oprahs Bunion says:

NaijaGal says:

what is glazing donuts?
      ======================
      I thought it was dude releasing all over your ass…but ion know much about sex

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Ok Ok that makes sense! So every guy would bust on an azz right? The welcome packet needs to be changed! :hahaha:

Just Looking says:

@Jenie – I said the same thing too. PERIOD

All kinds of WRONG

Trendsetter says:

Caramel Cutie says:

Strictly platonic though.

________________________

That would be hard for me…I ride hard for my true friends, and to know her husband is cheating on her and I know about it would eat me up…

Would you want your friend to tell you if she knew your husband was cheating on you?

KABYEYOU says:

Rappers who are “ABOUT THAT LIFE” end up in jail (insert Boosie, TI, Pimp C, etc) and when they go to jail we call them idiots.

But when a rapper ” AINT BOUT THAT LIFE” he is a fraud and a clown and its acceptable for him to be shot at for it?

Oprahs Bunion says:

:wave: @ Diva!

Oprahs Bunion says:

KABYEYOU says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :cosign: I feel you!

PumpkinsMama, I am. He dont mind telling their bidness and I’m nosey but I gotta do better. I’m ditch him b/c I dont want to hurt my friend. I’d play dumb if it ever got out though. Maybe. IDK. I just dont want her to get hurt. ur right

Just Looking says:

And you don’t mind listening! My girlfriend husband has tried that bullshiat. I tell him you married her, Don’t be putting me in the middle of your mess.

Elle_Brooklyn says:

How bad a shot are u if u miss when shooting at such an enormous target?

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

I’M SO SICK OF NICCAS WHO HAVE NO OTHER WAY TO BRING MEANING TO THEIR LIFE OTHER THAN TRYING TO EARN A NAME FOR THEMSELVES BY TRYING TO KILL A WELL KNOWN STUDIO RAP ARTIST OVER SOME ALLEGED VIOLATION OF THE STREET CODE

THESE MOFOS JUST WANT TO KILL, THEY DON’T NEED A REASON-SNATCHING LIFE MAKES THEM FEEL IMPORTANT AND POWERFUL-THE ENVY THEY HAVE FOR THIS MAN AND HIS SUCCESS AS AN ARTIST AND FINANCIALLY DRIVE THEM MAD LIKE RABIED DOGS AND UNFORTUNATELY THEY WON’T STOP UNTIL HE’S DEAD

THEY WANT TO SEND THIS MAN INTO HIDING AND ISOLATION FOR FEAR OF HIS LIFE, MENACE TO SOCIETY ARSES-THIS SHIAT FUNNY TO SOME BUT TO ME IT’S AN EXAMPLE FO THE UNLAWFULL AND UNCIVILIZED THAT’S WREAKING HAVOC ON OUR SOCIETY-AND WE’RE ALL JUST GROWING ACCUSTOMED TO IT