Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Captured Alive

Boston suspect captured

The massive manhunt for Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar “Jahar” A. Tsarnaev, is over. The 19-year-old fugitive was captured without incident in Watertown, Mass., near Boston Friday night.

“Your mayor is proud of you,” Menino tweeted to the Boston police force.

“In our time of rejoicing, let us not forget the families of Martin Richard, Lingzi Lu, Krystle Campbell and Officer Sean Collier,” the Boston police tweeted.

Boston suspect captured

Acting on a phone tip, Boston police surrounded a home on Franklin Street in Watertown around 6:00 p.m. The home’s owner called 911 to report seeing blood on a tarp covering a small boat in his back yard. Heavily armed SWAT members arrived on the scene minutes later and fired dummy bullets into the boat. Officers reported seeing the suspect moving in the boat during the standoff.

After FBI agents lobbed several flash bang devices into the yard, the suspect indicated he was ready to give up. Police took Tsarnaev into custody without incident at 9:05 p.m.

Tsarnaev received serious injuries during a shootout Thursday night that left his brother and accomplice, Tamerlan Tsarnayev, 26, dead. The FBI identified Tamerlan and Jahar as suspects in Monday’s Boston Marathon explosions that left 3 people dead and scores injured.

Boston police locked down the city Friday as they went door to door searching for Jahar.

As Boston SWAT teams drove away from the home, crowds along the route cheered. One SWAT officer chanted “USA. USA. BPD” over the patrol unit’s loud speaker as residents shouted back “USA. USA.”

• Boston ‘Black Hat’ Bomber: “I Don’t Have a Single American Friend”
  • Video: Boston Bombing Suspects Mother: “My sons were set up”
  • Father of Suspect #2 says “all hell will break loose” if police kill him
  • Jeff, the Man in the wheelchair, is in critical but stable condition

89 Responses to “Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Captured Alive”

BostonBabe says:

Thank you for reporting on this Sandra, I love my city. I hate that people have to associate Boston with negativity, but it is a wonderful city! ! A city of champions :-)

Victoria says:

Wonder if this is gonna be similar to the dc sniper story. Older man leading young impressionable teen into darkness…the bombers family knew they were up to no good. One uncle says his family doesn’t associate with their family for personal reasons. Maybe because they were extremist. The uncle was very passionate that they were bottom-feeders…idk. It will all come out. Glad it’s over…until the next tragic event. :-/

Great job reporting this story today Sandra! xoxo :applause:

Thank you @ talkingwithtami. :)

No problem @ BostonBabe. I’m glad they caught him so your city can begin the process of healing.

sunshineblktan says:

Thank you for the scanner link on twitter Sandra, that helped a lot with the truthful info while CNN were guessing and misleading while their reporters were claiming fences and rooftops, about to get everybody blown to pieces. Smh.

sunshineblktan says:

@bostonbabe, my thoughts & prayers are with you.

SexyToothpic says:

:hi: Roses and Auntie,

I tried to avoid searching for pictures of the dead body Auntie :( oh well…I’m glad for the updates you provided though. I can always depend on you for accurate info…

BostonBabe says:

Thanks sunshineblktan, please keep the victims and their loved ones in your prayers as well. Thank you! !

sunshineblktan says:

Yes, without a doubt.

sunshineblkta says:

Thanks SexyToothpic.

MetroAtlMrs says:

Thankful no one else was injured

lovezoe says:

Need to do him like they did Huck from Scandal.

iAmChan says:

Glad this part of it is over….wonder how many other people are gonna go down with them, well with him.

LSLH says:

If it weren’t for you Sandra, I wouldn’t know what to believe! Thank you for your great reporting!

:hi:

Yardgirl says:

Good Saturday morning everyone :hi: Thank you Miss Sandra for your stellar reporting!! :yes: This region can now heave a big sigh of relief and say good riddance to evil!! On the real, the two have now officially changed the face of terror. It is not always brown or black and people need to remember that. I am curious to hear what the one that survived has to say about his motives.

MissTaken says:

Sandra :applause: thank you for keeping us updated.

that_VA_thickchick says:

I see there are a lot of people on FB and other social media trying to empathize with this suspect because he’s 19 and screaming about conspiracy theories. “he was set up.” “his older brother put him up to it.” :stop: I dont care how young and innocent he looks. 19 is old enough to know that killing innocent people is wrong. Did he look young and innocent when he was shooting at cops and driving over his brother?

Point blank, people are dead at the hands of these two, hundreds injured, a child died. Just cut the conspiracy crap and pray that nothing like this happens again in the near future. #agitated

MissTaken says:

@VA I knew right from wrong at a much younger age than 19. But at the same time I was raised differently. Brain washing and an unhealthy family environment can damage a young impressionable child’s mind and soul beyond repair. No with that being said do I feel sorry for the suspects :nono: because innocent people died. If you are that tormented by the world we live in feel free to exit it by your own hands :shank:
      Meanwhile I am at work for a few hours….cry for me?

I get the super sads by people who say this is a government conspiracy. Our government isn’t perfect but I’ll be damned if theyre in the business of killing innocent kids! You can barely get a damn abortion in some places.

These ungrateful, entitled ass bastards thought they were going to get away with this. That older one thought it was ok to kill and maim cause he didn’t have any friends? Cry me a polluted ass river.

By definition they will go down as terrorists. But they just some cowards. Ppl with conviction, those who do this as a matter of twisted principle, they at least have the courage and conviction to kill themselves in their acts. These cowards ran.

that_VA_thickchick says:

Hey Miss T

I had to get up at the butt crack of dawn to take my kid to school for a field trip. I’m ready to fall the fcuk out. :lol:

on topic:
      The only thing that anyone can say to make me feel sorry for these suspects is “we got the wrong guy”.

MissTaken says:

:hi: OTB Yep cowards.
      So I am in the building basically alone at work blasting my “Started From The Bottom” Pandora station and my jams keep coming on :whistle: Please Don’t Kill My Vibe” The custodian came up behind me and touched my shoulder I almost :karate:

that_VA_thickchick says:

ALL….OF….THIS! EVERY…SINGLE…WORD!

Hey OTB! :hi:

that_VA_thickchick says:

Miss T

It is too early in the morning for that nonsense. I woulda said “Nucka, if you EVER run up on me like that again…it’s gone be some slow singing and flower bringing.” :mad:

Yardgirl says:

***********************************

:applause: :preach:

Bostonbabe :hug: I am oh so haopy this ended without any more regulat people dying!

No Miranda Rights were read to him,so they must mean business. :tea:
      Audi5000G :pigsfly
      :love: all around…

:mad:
      :pigsfly:
      :rofl: shouldnt be up on here now anyway…..

Redeemed777 says:

ISAIAH 45:7

” I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”

Redeemed777 says:

ISAIAH 31:2

” Yet he also is wise, and will bring evil, and will not call back his words: but will arise against the house of the evildoers, and against the help of them that work iniquity.”

that_VA_thickchick says:

Morning Redeemed

Redeemed777 says:

MALACHI 1:3

” And I hated Esau( WHITE PEOPLE), and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.”

( dragons of the wilderness = Arabs/Terrorist/etc).

Redeemed777 says:

@that_VA_thickchick

Morning!

Avanti says:

I think it’s incorrect to state that he was captured ‘without incident’ considering that he engaged officers in a shootout while hiding in the boat. He sustained subsequent injuries in that engagement. So based upon my law enforcement experience, his combative opposition eliminates the ‘without incident’ claim. goodness no one else was hurt.

Redeemed777 says:

JEREMIAH 49:8

” Flee ye, turn back, dwell deep, O inhabitants of Dedan; for I will bring the calamity of Esau upon him, the time that I will visit him”

Redeemed777 says:

MALACHI 1:4

” Whereas EDOM saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the LORD of hosts, THEYshall build, but I will throw down; and THEY shall call THEM, The border of wickedness, and, THE PEOPLE against whom the LORD hath indignation for ever.”

Redeem,they need you over in China and India Right NOW!
      :steer:

Redeemed777 says:

Tell em to read that in chuuuuuurrrch.

MissTaken says:

DTTS :waves: I wanna go home :wails:
      Redeemed I think North Korea said they need you to come help them build their weapons. They are hiring crash rest dummies. I kid I kid. Good Morning!

MissTaken says:

*test*

that_VA_thickchick says:

Miss T

Are you gonna be at work all day?

Bet she ah big ole hoe in real life :rofl:
      MsTake :pigsfly: Hop on yo! :rofl:

that_VA_thickchick says:

DTTS :waves:

MissTaken says:

I am here until approx 2 EST :cry:

Ladies :waves: DTTS, VA, Miss…. Redeemed :tea

: <— missing dots for Pumpkin! :rofl:

:warning: Watch it Rode Scolerz…
      :hug: for all the sweet people!

HEY PUMPKIN!

Miss T I’m sorry Boo Boo Kitten :hug:

@DTTS Shaddap! :rofl: Pumpkin stole the dots

*r <==== for DTTS warning. :rofl:

@DTTS Shaddap! :rofl: Pumpkin stole the dots
      See there? Kids take everything. Every MOTHER utters these four words at least once a week……”I CANT HAVE NOTHIN!” :hahaha:

MissTaken says:

Pumpkin :waves: Look at the cute baby. You make me wanna put mine up :grin:

Lawd errrrytime I refresh this lil boy hollerin “Mom that man dead”? :facepalm:

They got a cotton candy hair dryer yall :rofl: on a commercial!!! Aircurler :rofl: is the name. I cant stop laughing

PumpkinsMama says:

@ VA AMEN! Where was you at when I was complainin this lil nigglet was eating the damn croutons outta my salad! :cuss:

@ Miss ehhh go head y not? Unless you got some nosey “Ex” in laws and you like the anonymity. Pumpkin is 3 now. But that’s one of my fav throwbacks

PumpkinsMama says:

@ DTTS I saw it! I was like yeah right lemme put these peas in there and watch that thing spit out a nap ball :nono:

This lil girl got the contraption next to her head while the commercial voise is saying “Just like cotton candy. Would you look at her hairgo rround and round” :rofl:

Thats what yall getting for Christmas :lol:

@PM

My youngest is three….I feel you. UGH! :lol:

:dead:

Lawd all these typos. Did everyone DRINK their breakfast? :lol:

PumpkinsMama says:

@ VA and they DON’T be hungry! Any good mommy feeds the midgets 1st. So they just wanna eat your shyt cuz it’s YOURS :wail:

@ DTTS what did we both have for b-fast that we can’t type this AM? :thinking:

@ VA talkin bout Monstas w/that damn gravi :rofl:

<—-IS SERVING UP FIERCE CLOWN REALNESS AND YOU WILL DEAL.

PumpkinsMama says:

Aiite ladies me and my Pumpkin gonna hit the skreets b4 it rains :( :kiss and :hug: have a great weekend luvs

Dammit 4got my dots again! :cuss: Thanks VA lol

Milky says:

Glad they caught him… Its 4/20 :blunt:

Avanti says:

There was no shootout. Police fired rubber “dummy” bullets at the boat. He did not return fire. Also, his injuries were sustained in the shootout with police the night before.

Thanks @ LSLH and MissTaken. :)

Milky says:

@sandra good reporting. :applause: i luv the way ur keepin us up to date and with accuracy. U go girl (martin voice)

LSLH says:

Redeemed 777

:hi: How are you?

ReadingIsFundamental says:

This is not over. I hope they get good info from him and then throw him over a boat like they did ol’boy. Don’t waiste too much of my tax dollars on this scum.

SR media has been on point with this one…. yay!

LSLH says:

Y’all I’m wif my mama again and I was wif her last night too. :no:

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

Another poster said he ran over his brother?!?!?! Is this true!!

Milky says:

@lslh be happy u gotcho mom to be with. :happy: < —– u and ur mom!

Miany says:

@LSLH … we like yo mama she keep you :steer: and she keep us :lol:
      @Intense ….I’ve heard that been reported but, I didn’t hear how, I’m assuming this was after the police shot the brother down, younger was tryna get away.
      Goood Afternoon Milky, Intense, LSLH, Reading :waves:

Miany says:

GREAT JOB SANDRA!!!!! You’ve been all over this story and accurate too….. :yahoo:

Milky says:

:hi: miany, rif, intense happy 4/20 :blunt:

INTENSEMOCHA says:

Another poster said he ran over his brother?!?!?! Is this true!!

That’s what may have caused the massive injuries to his face. Police say Johar ran over his brother while fleeing in a stolen Mercedes SUV. But others say the police ran over him chasing after Johar. Who knows what the truth is. :shrug:

@NikkeMinxx says:

AL! :yahoo: we aint your skinfolks no more? You dont never come fix us no pancakes or nuffin’! and by that I mean it seems you never stop in.. some of us miss you and those who don’t are waiting to meet you…

ReadingIsFundamental says:

HAPPY 4/20 for all you smokers and happy Saturday. I have all my doors and windows open… house smelling like lemon lysol wipes, clean laundry and a cake in the oven! For once, I don’t have anything else to do on a Saturday!!!! I’m on this “Love It or List It” show and trying to make myself sit down.

:koolaid3:

:hi: I got nothing for this post, but the chase for him is over :peace:

:smoke:

LSLH says:

Milky and MIANY

I do appreciate her. Y’all know moms can be!