Father of 2-year-old boy killed by family pit bull offers warning

toddler mauled by family pet

The father of a toddler killed by the family’s pit bull is offering a warning to dog owners with small children.

“Those dogs cannot be domesticated. They cannot,” Jeremiah Rutledge told Channel 2 Action News.

Rutledge’s 2-year-old son, Bo, was mauled to death inside his Sierra Trail townhome in south Fulton County on April 24.

“He was a very playful person, and loving, he had the prettiest smile. He had two dimples right here,” Rutledge said.

Rutledge said he received a call at work from his wife telling him his son was dead.

He said he rushed home to find police on his front lawn.

“I was trying to get in but the cops, they were fighting me, they were saying, ‘No,’” Rutledge said. Police tasered Rutledge to subdue him and prevent him from entering the home.

Rutledge said he understood why police tasered him after viewing photos of the bloodbath inside the house.

“How do I go from a birth certificate to a death certificate?” Rutledge said.

The family has not returned to the townhouse since the tragic accident. The pit bull had been part of the family for 8 years.

• Pet dog eats owner’s face after he died
  • 2 year-old boy mauled to death by wild dogs in zoo after falling into enclosure
  • Caught On Video: 62-year-old woman mauled by pitt bulls
  • 2-year-old boy killed by pit bull

45 Responses to “Father of 2-year-old boy killed by family pit bull offers warning”

San says:

Police tasered Rutledge to subdue him and prevent him from entering the home.
      —————
      Explain this, um sir his son is die. You’d act a fool too.

hell_on_heels says:

My heart truly goes out to this family, but how many times do we either see of similar stories on the news or on the internet. People these are NOT family pets…especially when young children (babies) are residing in the home. Good morning Roses…

FuturedocDonte says:

No pitbulls and babies that small. Dogs don’t like kids at that height that are eye level. Sad story :no:

Miss Mainey says:

This is beyond sad. RIP baby. Pitbulls snap and they have locking jaws…not a good look for anyone. They’re banned where I live.

n1kk1a says:

That poor baby! This is so sad. I love pit bulls, but they have no businesses being around small kids. I never let my pit around my daughter because they are loyal but jealous beings.

MsB2u says:

:no: sad

NaijaGal says:

My heart hurts for this man and his family… But My eyes are burning from the sight of Donte’s gravie… :mad:

thats why they use pitbulls in the RING and NOT as actual PETS :coffee: but in America we are taught to make our pets apart of the family sooooooooo….

KayCeiSoul says:

“Those dogs cannot be domesticated. They cannot,”

**********************************************

I will always believe this, and I have the gashes in my ankle to prove it. I got mauled by a pit-bull PUPPY, about a month after I had my oldest son. That was an awful experience, but thank God it was a puppy and not a grown dog. I had to reach into this bish mouth and openthe jaws off my damn leg. It was my ex’s dog, but we were all living in the same house. It got loose from the basement and ran past a house full of company and bit my ass. I couldn’t understand it. But everyone said it was because I’d just had a newborn and it was jealous. :shrug:

I hate dogs to this day.

Poor child,May he RIP!!
      How many times do people have to hear these story about these dogs killing these children

*spikeLeeYell* :yahoo: WAKE UP!!!!!!!!

But My eyes are burning from the sight of Donte’s gravie…

:lol: I just seen a 60yr old man photo, this man had a complete Bald head, and had a tiny braid on the side :lol:

San says:

I got mauled by a pit-bull PUPPY
      ————-
      :blink: Ain’t got to worry bout me having one

Betamax82 says:

San says:

What’s the percentage of Pit Bulls mauling kids etc compared to other dogs?

Smonae says:

This is just sad :( makes me nervous, I have a pit and my daughter is 4
      The issues I have is he doesnt want anyone disciplining her.
      That phucker will lay by her feet growling, but once i threaten him he goes about his biz :shrugs:

FuturedocDonte says:

But My eyes are burning from the sight of Donte’s gravie…
      ——
      <—- Told y'all yessaday this was sandra long lost boyfriend who cut all his hair off and left one freeze curl to confess his undying love fa her :coffee:

@BETA
      “This is so sad but I hate the fact that people give Pit bulls a bad name some people seem to forget that a dog is just that a dog and you should treat it as one not a human
      _____________________________

:cosign:

They should test the intelligence of some people that own dogs because they are the real problems. Go out and get 4 and 5 Pitt bulls and don’t even educate themselves on training them. Pure ridiculous.

FuturedocDonte says:

—-
      Now ain no micheal Vick… But that dog woulda been a dirt bike hump in my backyard :coffee:

Betamax82 says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@BETA
      _____________________________

__________________________________________

Exactly any dog can snap hell my coworker Chihuahua snapped and went on a biting spree

goat76 says:

FuturedocDonte says:

————
      I tried to tell my homeboy this, but he refuses to listen.

The dog demeanor does a complete 180 when kids come around.

I just saw a video where a lady was getting attacked by a pitbull in the streets :no: it was awful, the police had to shoot the dogs :no: Ima tell ya another mean ass dog, them damn poodles :tea: mean as dogs

libra80sbaby says:

I hate pit bulls for several reasons… dey ugly as hail, dey head too dayum big, dey vicious, dey jealous, and dey lockjaw when they bite. Them damn dogs don’t belong in NOBODY’s possession unless they are being used for protection. They are not household, kid friendly pets. :nono:

San says:

What’s the percentage of Pit Bulls mauling kids etc compared to other dogs?

Exactly :tea: I may look that up, but either way I don’t want no big dog like that no way. Hell they poop too big :tea:

libra80sbaby says:

Jenie!! :waves: but that dayum gravi and its struggle :nono:

KayCeiSoul says:

Bedazz, I hate you so bad for mentioning Uncle Rico.
      That is one of my favorite movies.
      Uncle Rico had the coldest wig ever. He rolled clean over that tupperware and broke it.
      Smonae says:

Bedazzled I for damn sho not buying no damn pot set for $1600, child please
      Paula Dean’s set works just fine
      —————–

Uncle Rico’s ol livin in the past ass “back in seumnitew…i could have been pro!”

And Kip was that dude for pullin La’Fawnda. Her brothers were at the wedding like :smack:

And I proudly got all my cookware from Wal-Mart when I used to shop there :lol:

libra80sbaby says:

Your right, my best friend has 2 of em and they are huge, but she is single living by herself, so I understand, but when she has company she locks them up in a room :no:

San says:

I don’t want no big dog like that no way. Hell they poop too big
      ————–
      Exactly, one of the reasons why only the small ones for me :yes:

libra80sbaby says:

Jenie!! but that dayum gravi and its struggle

:hahaha: chile that 1 braid though :rofl:

libra80sbaby says:

BEDAZZLED….you don’t shop at Wal-Mart no more? Why? :shrugs:

libra80sbaby says:

BEDAZZLED….you don’t shop at Wal-Mart no more? Why?
      ———
      Cause ain’t naan in Key West.. :(

San says:

:newpost: rolling in

libra80sbaby says:

Jenie..that nigguh was like, “Bruh, I’m killin dese hoez outchea” :yes:

goat76 says:

It’s the owners.

Youtube or google “One of the Largest Pitbull Service Dog’s In The World”

Betamax82 says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:
      @BETA
      _____________________________
      __________________________________________

Another mean as breed …… those and those miniature Dovermines<< however you pronounce :no: mean as hell I have yet to see a chihuahua, a poodle, or a dovermine to be nice. They are always bucking and snapping at ya :tea:

KayCeiSoul says:

FuturedocDonte says:

—-

*************

:wail:

My ex’s brother had to handle that dog. After I spent the night in the hospital and had to dayum near get my ankle reattached, he told me he wacked him. I can’t stand the thought of having something so unpredictable around me or any kids. Why? Why do that when there are too many reports out here about those dogs wildin’ out on babies and kids. Is it really worth it? The some’bish is UGLY anyhow….ain’t like it’s a poodle or a Shih Tzu.

KayCeiSoul says:

:cosign: Jennie. Doberman’s are bourgeios, mean azz dogs! They barely tolerate their owners and can be downright snobs. Had one as a kid. It barked alot, but it never bit us. Her name was Sheba. We got rid of her because she smelled bad and was either hard to train or was just downright disrespectful.

The best dog we ever had was a german shephard. No lie. His name was Dog. He never bothered nobody. He was as docile as the lil’ homeless man in front of KFC. :coffee:

capricorn83 says:

Pit bulls don’t necessarily bite more…the bite is just worse when they do. But I think they get a bad rep when a lot of times, responsibility falls on the owner. I have a 5 yr old chiweenie and we know not to have him around kids.

MZN says:

I think it has more to do with the dog’s jealousy more than the breed. He had that dog for 8 years and the kid was 2. Of course that dog was jealous. Sometimes an owner has to get rid of a dog when babies are introduced to the family.

A pitbull in a townhouse though? Two strikes.

Carrington says:

I love how put bull owners continue to insist that it’s not the breed, it’s the owners. GTFOH!!!

I have a ****er spaniel/shih tzu mix & you’d think that b@tch was a great Dane from the back yard. If she don’t know you, she’s going to growl & bark like she’s a mean ole lion, but let me say, “I’m beatin yo a$$…” she starts running & hiding and screaming if I come NEAR her!

So, don’t tell me that YOUR dog won’t bite someone. YOUR pit could lick your feet, but he’ll rip mine off!!!

RachelRachel says:

Anyone Anyone & Anyone with a Pittbull is an Idiot – ! I don’t care what your excuse is, you’re an idiot!