Lil Wayne apology

PepsiCo has dropped troubled rapper Lil Wayne just 2 days after his publicist wrote an "apology" letter to the family of 14-year-old civil rights icon Emmett Till.

PepsiCo, which distributes Mountain Dew, said in a statement late Friday that Wayne's offensive comparison of Till to a violent sexual act on Future's “Karate Chop” remix did "not reflect the values of our brand."

In the "apology" letter, the publicist wrote, "Moving forward, I will not use or reference Emmett Till or the Till family in my music, especially in an inappropriate manner.” and concluded with, "…my ultimate intention is to uplift rather than degrade our community."

But Till's family dismissed the letter, saying it was a step short of an apology.

Pepsico had signed Wayne to promote Mountain Dew. The soft drink giant also sponsored Wayne's upcoming "America's Most Wanted" concert tour, featuring rappers T.I. and 2 Chainz.

The split came 2 days after PepsiCo removed a television commercial created by Odd Future frontman Tyler the Creator, featuring a goat reciting stereotypical slang phrases. The ad was criticized for being racist and for promoting violence against women.

According to a source, PepsiCo execs were "on edge" and "in an uproar" over Lil Wayne's latest seizure on Tuesday night. The unnamed execs reportedly called Wayne a "PR nightmare."

The rapper's publicist, Sarah Cunningham (the one who probably wrote the "apology" letter), said that the "amicable" parting of ways was due to "creative differences."

"That's about all I can tell you at this time," she said.

Thanks to loyal reader @Karinabonnefil for the tip.

• Lil Wayne's Publicist Apologizes to Emmett Till's Family
  • Medical Minute: Addictive Personalities Part 2
  • fanMAIL: Lil Wayne is still sipping that syrup
  • Lil Wayne On the Beach With Mystery Woman
  • Ronald Martinez/Getty Images

• MsB2u

Hopefully this sets a example for the rest of them celebs watch our mouth!

• Nhere

Comes up nhere moonwalk poplock, scrolls back up to read the story.

• Kweenie

please use a better picture of lil wayne. this one is not very flattering

• Nhere

Ehh, :cell: its derby time.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Kweenie says:

please use a better picture of lil wayne. this one is not very flattering

They all look the same. I'll see if I can find one that isn't so offensive on the eyes.

• KyCakes

Auntie don't trip...EVERY picture of that gremlin is hard on the vision...

• EB

They all look the same. I’ll see if I can find one that isn’t so offensive on the eyes.
      ___________________________

Maybe a picture of him when he was a baby

• KyCakes

Hey @Eb :hi:

• EB

Hey @kycakes :yahoo:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

EB says:

Maybe a picture of him when he was a baby

:rofl: He was a cutie when he was 15.

:cosign: Ky Ky no pic out there Sept for the baby pics

• LSLH

EB says:

Maybe a picture of him when he was a baby

:rofl: He was a cutie when he was 15.

I didn't know you could enhance ugly.

• Victoria

Cute when he was 15? Shhhhhhhyyyyytt lol cockroaches ain't ever cute.

• LSLH

Sandra is so lowdown!!!! :rofl:

You actually changed the picture!!! I thought you were just kidding! So funny. It actually got worse.
      :no:

• Who Dat

baybayyyyyyyyy when I just seen that SR indeed changed that pic and the ish look worser than it did BEFORE?

:ghost:

You need a wall slide emoti :rofl:

• Kweenie

• Kweenie

and he looks okay to me. not everyone can be "soap opera" beautiful

• http://santanasantana.wix.com/artist San

Tell u one thing, ill enjoy the day these Yts get their endorsements revoked :yes: sure will

• SweetP1984

Kweenie says:
      please use a better picture of lil wayne. this one is not very flattering

lol Auntie, can we get some like comment system? I wanted to "like" this comment so bad.

• 100% usa made!

After looking at this pic, I'm starting to believe he really is not from this world. Maybe he really is a Martian :shrugs:

• Unshakable

@topic - If you want to hurt these so-called "starruhs," go for their pockets. I'm glad PepsiCo pulled out from this endorsement. However, I'm sad that some of our people still don't understand the sacrifices and struggles that weighed heavily on the backs of our ancestors. For those who came before me, I say thank you.

When this story originally aired, I just hung my head. We are such a beautiful, strong, and powerful people. I hope these up and coming Black youth will find strength and unity amongst one another and learn how to love their Black brothers and sisters. I also hope that some of these parents will teach their children how to love and respect themselves and hopefully treat others the same. Okay....my rant is done. :lol:

@100% - :dead: at you questioning his martian status.....you know he can transform like Optimus Prime.....one minute he's human....the next he's a martian....depends on the circumstances.

• Cutekisses

*praise dances* This is good news. Good job PepsiCo! Now rat gremlin take your months too late, fake written letter and go detox from all that codeine.

• anw_rootbeer

I was always told an apology is just that. Nothing has to be added to it; no justification, no follow up. Just plain ole, I apologize. Anywho...is the concerts off??

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

@ anw_rootbeer: Isn't it funny that these rappers can talk all that chit on their records but when it comes time to man up and apologize, they hide behind their publicists.

• AlluringlySweet

@Unshak I really don't think its an issue of love for your people thats lacking. I think it's an issue of love of money. Controversy sells and we are dealing with a drug addled mind here. Some people will sell their spirit, soul and body if it means a comeup so it stands to reason that they will denigrate others for a wooden nickel.

• Ni ni

:rofl: his pics do all look the same po thang. I am glad they dropped him too. I hope we re on a path to bring back some values. Hip hop needs a cleansing.

• MSVALLDAY

Glad about it. Sick of these damn rappers thinking they are invincible. How can you even smear the name Emmett Till after knowing what he went through! That is just insensitive and sad.

• PumpkinsMama

Hey Aunty :hi: I know it's not ATL tea, but for a weekend post you could do a write up on NYC DJ Mister Cee bein caught tryna pick up an undercover MALE prostitute in Brooklyn :eek: This isn't the first time he been busted out lookin for some trade. In my Riley from the Boondocks voice "THAT NIGGA GAY"! :rofl:

• Kweenie

people be throwing wild shade for small things nowadays... he must be doing something right imo. i am a fan and will continue to be. rap has always has a slick tongue and a freedom to speak on whateva we want. and personally i have heard worse(ie. ghetto boys, too short, pimp c, biggie, wu-tang, and these are all legends in my book).

so just take it for what it is... a verse in a dope song.. smh

• Kweenie

i'm mad mista cee tried it again...get a grip mutha fugga<--biggie voice

• Lady_Elle

The ONLY way to Lil Wayne's BRAIN... is thru his pockets!

I think his other sponsors are at risk until he apologizes to the Till family!

Now we will see if a TRUE APOLOGY is provided to the Till Family!

Rappers need to be held accountable for their words / actions!

• Redeemed777

@Kweenie says:..........'' he must be doing something right imo. i am a fan and will continue to be. rap has always has a slick tongue and a freedom to speak on whateva we want....''

*******************************************************************************************

@Bible says:......'' But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. - Matthew 12:36

• Redeemed777

@Bible says also:

'' For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

- Matthew 12:37

• Redeemed777

'' And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.''

James 3:6

• amatrex

Lil Wayne has always been short in stature as well as maturity. He wasn't raised properly by neither his father, stepdad, ot mother. And if he never had become a successful hip-hop artist, he likely would've wound up in the prison system or dead. Unfortunately he may still wind up dead due to his frequent use of narcotics.

• sassyshe

Lets be real wayne would not offer a real apology because in short hes not sorry. If people re-read what his publicist said the letter basically said I Wayne can rap what I want cause in hip hop there is a play on words and Emette Hill rhymed with what I was doing but if you found it offensive my bad ill use the name again in the future but not in a sentence where it got zome other offensive things. Plus its not like Pepsi was paying him Vitamin water or Ciroc money

• sassyshe

According to another blog, Mister Cee needs to do an Elmo get a divorce and get a little pretty barely legal boy he can boo up and pay to service him. I mean its not like people checking for him anymore in hop hop.

• Ni ni

Smh I gotta google this mister cee. I cant understand why someone want a prostitute when you got all this free @zz running around.

• Ni ni

Welp he certainly looks the part. He also looks a little slow from the pics on google images.

• Just Looking

Kweenie says:

please use a better picture of lil wayne. this one is not very flattering

----------------
      welp, I guess no more pics

• https://twitter.com/Cocosilk73 cocosilk73

When will these conglomerates learn? When you hire celebs who make their living singing/rapping msogynist/r-rated/questionable material, don't be surprised when you develop a PR nightmare on your hands when said artist acts the fool. You play with the dogs, you'll get bitten by the fleas.

• Cutekisses

AlluringlySweet says:

@Unshak I really don’t think its an issue of love for your people thats lacking. I think it’s an issue of love of money. Controversy sells and we are dealing with a drug addled mind here. Some people will sell their spirit, soul and body if it means a comeup so it stands to reason that they will denigrate others for a wooden nickel.
      __________________________________________

Preach!!

• http://www.ejb.kitsylane.com Pickachu Tran

Im more surprised that we have a lil wayne stan on thee blog :huh:

• MissTaken

Morning. Lisa Raye is on the Rocjey Smiley morning show filling in as a radio personality. She said she was disappointed with his intro of her bc he left of she was a celebrity :rolleyes:

• MissTaken

Oh and this picture of Lil Wayne :nono: I instantly got the sads. Way to start my day off

• http://www.ejb.kitsylane.com Pickachu Tran

ya'll see WAYNE ole clown ass walking beside pretty boy FLOYD rapping some bullshyt at the FIGHT.

JUST DOESNT SEEM RIGHT NOT TO HAVE HIS ESTRANGED WIFE 50 BY HIS SIDE.. I INSTANTLY GOT THE SADS :no:

Morning Roses !!! What a weekend! The kid is tired :yawn:

MissTaken says:

:rolleyes: This Broad need to have several >>>>> \_ \_

• NaijaGal

so I'm listening to the Mr Cee interview...dude's been busted 3x with male prostitutes but says he's not gay...I can't

Morning folks :hi: I's tied :yawn:

• PumpkinsMama

Jenie :kiss: Niaja :happy: Im sheepy too. Thought I was grown went out Fri and Sat :no:

Jennnnnnnay did yo watch OUAT???

• MissTaken

Picka Floyd M. Did seem more humble and focused. I guess his break up with 50 really woke him up :yes:

• PumpkinsMama

@ Miss That was that stint in the Pokey (no pun intended lol) but his kids were there. I bet Josie was somewhere drunk and crying :rofl:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp6IxvJzZ-k Bedazzled His Razzle

I guess his break up with 50 really woke him up
      -------

PumpkinsMama says:

Jenie Niaja Im sheepy too. Thought I was grown went out Fri and Sat
      Jennnnnnnay did yo watch OUAT???

I missed it :sad:, had friends over last night, we was watching a MJ concert. So what happened :popcorn: I know they in Neverland.

• http://www.ejb.kitsylane.com Pickachu Tran

MissTaken says:

:yes: I agree with u there. Its like he matured overnight. He wasn't even talkin shyt which had EVERYONE surprised. BUT I STILL COULDN'T HELP BUT BE SAD... I LOVED 50 & FLOYD TOGETHA, THEY WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL COUPLE :wail:

• MissTaken

so I’m listening to the Mr Cee interview…dude’s been busted 3x with male prostitutes but says he’s not gay…I can’t
      -----------------
      I heard about this and googled him. Yea um dude your gay. But the most offensive part is that he is doing it with prostitutes?! It's bad enough to be down low THEN you do it with prostitutes?! He has to have a sickness. I pray his family is healthy because he is putting them in danger. As for the wife I could MAYBE understand trying to make an exception the first time as it could have been a mistake but we would have never made it to a third :nono:

• NaijaGal

PUMKIN :hug: morning chica...so you getting it this weekend huh :tea: feel free to give details

NaijaGal says:

:smack: Fo Shame :no: Morning Naija :waves: and to everyone else, hell to lazy to type a list :yawn:

So is Mr. Cee married :tea:

• PumpkinsMama

Girrrrrrrrrrrrl whole lotta shyt goin on! They was torturin Regina azz! And Neal azz done fell through a damn warphole AFTER getting shot :shocked: don't that ninja stay fallin in a hole? :rofl:

• PumpkinsMama

@ Jenie, yes with FOUR kids :tea:

• http://www.ejb.kitsylane.com Pickachu Tran

WHO IS MR.CEE THAT U PPL SPEAK OF :thinking: and should I care

• PumpkinsMama

@ Pika, a NYC DJ... and no :tea:

:thankyou: <==== Tranny swingin round Mister Cee peen

PumpkinsMama says:

Girrrrrrrrrrrrl whole lotta shyt goin on! They was torturin Regina azz! And Neal azz done fell through a damn warphole AFTER getting shot don’t that ninja stay fallin in a hole?

Right ! :hahaha: and Regina azz need to be damn tortured cause she still haven't learned her damn lesson :tea: The Black chick I believe will end up dead, cause isn't that the chick on walking dead?

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp6IxvJzZ-k Bedazzled His Razzle

hot 97 dj

• MissTaken

He wasn’t even talkin shyt which had EVERYONE surprised. BUT I STILL COULDN’T HELP BUT BE SAD… I LOVED 50 & FLOYD TOGETHA, THEY WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL COUPLE
      -------------
      :lol: Picka! I think that him and 50 were immature soul mates. It just want meant to be. Maybe later down the line when both of them put their egos aside they can try again. As for Floyd's fiancé ....I pray he never runs ou of money. And his ex I know that hurt and pain burned real slow when his fiancé was plastered all over the tv AGAIN.

PumpkinsMama says:

@ Jenie, yes with FOUR kids

Awww Man he is scum yo! :tea:

• PumpkinsMama

Yeah that's the Walking Dead chick. But idk Jen her and her freak azz boyfriend bout to bring the pain to Storybrook :no:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp6IxvJzZ-k Bedazzled His Razzle

<<=== Did not watch the fight, did not watch any of the other shows y'all speak of. Watched spongebob, river monsters (flesh eaters and nile perch)cats and dogs, and the back of my eyelids.

:waves:

Good Morning loves!

Are we going to have a blessed Monday today?

• NaijaGal

JENIE :hug: girl yes and his wife....just...bless her...and he basically said if he's not ready to come out that's his business :huh:

PumpkinsMama says:

Yeah that’s the Walking Dead chick. But idk Jen her and her freak azz boyfriend bout to bring the pain to Storybrook

I wonder where dude father :tea: wonder if Regina has him locked up in the Mental Institute like she did Bell? :thinking:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp6IxvJzZ-k Bedazzled His Razzle

and he basically said if he’s not ready to come out that’s his business
      ---------
      Well I hope his wife get some business and get them papers together if he's going to continue to do the same sh*t.

• MissTaken

About to make my first call of the day. Hello may I speak to Josie? :cell: Yea this Josie. Um Josie Floyd don't want you no mo. I understand it buns but how many more ways does he have to tell you? But we just had sex last month! :stop: He has beat on you in front of your kids, moved another man into your spot, got engaged to another woman... Basically he cares more about Ray J flip flop than you. You get it?
      Josie pondering :thinking: yea...maybe you right

NaijaGal says:

JENIE girl yes and his wife….just…bless her…and he basically said if he’s not ready to come out that’s his business

Um dude really :shrugs: wtf is wrong with these damn men :no:

Why do women stay with these men :shrugs: I understand some folks don't believe in divorce, but in this case the papers should be a no brainer :no:

• MissTaken

--------/
      Wowzers :shocked: It's his business AND anybody else he is supposed to be monogamous with. But something tells me if your husband gets caught thrice times getting his mic rocked by Deebo you kinda already know :shrugs:

• PumpkinsMama

Wayminute! Mister Cee did an interview SINCE this last mess????

@ Jenie where the daddy at is revealed too. I just aint wanna give it all away :tea:

Hey Dazzle :hug:

@ Miss unfortunately Josie STILL would probable be holdin out for gettin back with him even after that phone call. The bish is delusional and can't let go :no:

• GAGIRL87

Naija
      Jenie
      Pumpkin
      Taken
      Tran Razzle

:hug:

Have any of you ladies ever tried a wifi scale :think: I want one so bad :crying:

• NaijaGal

I'm gonna assume his wife doesn't work and he's afforded her the type of lifestyle that allows her to keep looking the other way

• NaijaGal

GAGIRL :hug: hey pretty lady

• Miany

:waves: good Morning Naija, GaGirl, Pumpkins, MissTaken, Jenie, Bedazzled, Picka, Cute Kisses...
      Hope yall had a nice weekend.
      I know I'm late but.....I caught the scandal on Friday night and it is getting juicier!

• Nakeya_j

Good Morning Roses!

• Nakeya_j

----
      @Taken....so this is what we are doing early in the morning. hahahahha

• Miany

@GA.. I've never tried it. I just use a regular digital... :thinking: I googled and they have some starting at like $90... I've heard a lil about some of these smart scales. What does it do differently?

• NaijaGal

MIANY :waves: chile that Scandal is always messing with my heart

• PumpkinsMama

@ Naija, so will a divorce :tea:

Sessssssy GA :kiss: what in the heyull is a wifi scale?

Miany :hi:

@ Jenie I'm sure at least two of his kids are teens. Where does your pride and the kids being ridiculed (or fighting) not come into play?

:newpost: bout Bieber

• PumpkinsMama

Fukc Beiber :rofl:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp6IxvJzZ-k Bedazzled His Razzle

@ Jenie I’m sure at least two of his kids are teens. Where does your pride and the kids being ridiculed (or fighting) not come into play?
      -----------
      It wont. He's thinking about his on personal pleasure. Selfish people don't see beyond their own needs.

PumpkinsMama says:

Fukc Beiber

I see :rofl: cause I'm the only one in there :hahaha: and I left you something upstairs :waiting: