Jay Z Calls Miley Cyrus ‘a God’ for Twerking?

Jay Z interacted with his fans via a question and answer session on his official Twitter account yesterday to promote his new album, Magna Carta Holy Grail. One fan asked the rap mogul about his reference to Miley Cyrus on his track “Somewhereinamerica,” which The DailyBeast.com calls “the worst song on the album.”

On the track, Jay Z raps: “They see I’m still putting work in / Cause somewhere in America / Miley Cyrus is still twerkin’.” The fan, who obviously has no clue about hip hop metaphors, asked Jigga, “You really think Miley Cyrus still twerking somewhere in America?”

“Yes!” Jay Z responded. “She represents and old worlds worst nightmare. Black neighbor and the daughter not seeing color.”

Jay Z responded to another Twitter user: “Miley is a GOD.”

Cyrus was flattered that Jay Z spit her name on his track — even though she too was clueless about his exact intentions.

“#twerkmileytwerk,” she tweeted. “Exactly right. I am an old worlds worst nightmare. #outwiththeold #inwiththenewnew.”

In reality, rappers such as Jay Z and Rick Ross use the names “Miley Cyrus” and “Justin Bieber” in their music as metaphors for cocaine, ecstasy, or “Molly,” the powder form of MDMA.

A DailyBeast.com reader, TripD, broke it down for those of us who aren’t familiar with Jay Z’s frequent use of double entendre’s:

“Feds still lurking” (Drug dealer: obvious that feds watch drug dealers. Rapper: Jay was just investigated about a month or two ago for his trip to Cuba)

“They see I’m still puttin work in” (Drug dealer: still hustling. Rapper: all they’re going to see him doing is furthering his brand across the globe.)

“Cause somewhere in America, Miley Cyrus is still twerkin” (Drug dealer: Miley Cyrus = white girl. White girl = coke. Jay did a similar play on this on the American Gangster album with Brittney Spears. So baisically, it’s that the coke is still out there on the streets, regardless of the feds lurking.

• RIAA changes rules to accommodate Jay Z; ‘Holy Grail’ will ship platinum
  • Jay Z breaks record for bad taste and wasteful spending
  • Beyonce Is So Insecure
  • Beyonce Returns to the Stage After 5 Months of Babysitting
  • Photos: John Parra/Getty Images and Getty Images for Moet Rose

59 Responses to “Jay Z Calls Miley Cyrus ‘a God’ for Twerking?”

Yeah he GOT ahead of his self,he thought he was being CUTE spending time on TwiTTer . .
      They gone Learn TUHday :tea:

Ty says:

I told yall that their definition of God is completely different than what we believe. Im nut surprised :coffee:

~
      ~
      :facepalm:

Chile,i seen that Funky a.s.s twerk video SHE REally nees TO SAT DOWN!

Matter of FACT go lay ya slight a.s.s down and hibernate for life.

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

Tweeter is the deb-il :tea:

Ty says:

#inwiththenewnew.”
      :rofl: @ Miley fonting new new chile….

mmHHH
      I like that PIC of JIGGA up there :hump:

MsChavo says:

I think he was was just paying her back for a song she did with his name a few years ago. I don’t think this time the white girl reference was to a drug. I believe it rhymed and he used her name for a few different reasons. 1) Because he wants to shout her out. 2) because he brown nosing. 3) Agenda. 4) to have an audience that recognizes her name is a plus for him meaning his fan base is pop

Ty says:

:waiting: on Dubbs recap

KayCeiSoul says:

For FayBoo from downsturs….

*******************************

FatFat babblin?? they grow so FASS lawd! how old is he now??

******************************

Listen FayBoo, and listen well…that Fatboy is *repeating* syllables that are said to him. Parrokeeting.

I had to type this twice because it deleted when I tried to post it earlier, but Google Little Anthony Fremont from the Twilight Zone episode “It’s a Good Life”.

I be looking at Q saying, “It’s GOOD that you can talk at 4 months, it’s REAL GOOD.” <—- *shaking head yes vigoriously but is really :scared: *

This is unreal. Maybe he is gifted. :shrug:

QueenSJ says:

Yo, Jay, Bey, and Kanye have SERIOUS god complexes. Ugh

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

Going to lunch when I get back I expect my recap DUBB :kiss:

Miany says:

He has not formed the syllables “da-da” yet.
      This boy is after my own heart indeed.
      ^^ :rofl:

Gigi26 says:

:no: I haven’t listened to Yeezus and I haven’t and don’t care to listen to MCHG either. I ain’t feeling the direction their “music or art or whatever the fukk they calling it now” is going in. NOPE.

And Miley, go snort a line and swim while holding your breath.

cougar lover says:

Miley acting like a yt girl who finally got with a nicca with some girth or something. she is highly emotional, and the only way to channel the feeling (if it was a one night stand situation or the dude is unavailable during the day). is through making twerk videos or something unexpected like buying them some shoes, or giving me a monthly stipend.

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

What does their version of GOD stand for :eek:
      And on a serious note there are some things you just don’t play with or remix. The lord’s name :nono: and I Told The Storm . I could break out into a run and shot raht naw!!!! I want them to play that at my funeral. I might jump up and catch the :dead: :ghost: and so footwork at my own service :danban:

Mini Recap
      ^^^^^^^^^
      Mandy Bynes got some black dack and it ran her cray. She just cant handle it (Hi-Five 1992) :headphones:

Mimi was tryna hit that 5th octave so hard… she dislocated her shoulder. Unlike SOME singers there is no video footage… so what REALLY happened… is hearsay. :coffee:

Kirk mighta tossed Mary Jane AND Bambi’s salad. There was an eye witness (no pun intended). We all think he gonna give Rasheeda one hellva case of the pank eye. She gonna get ready to scream during labor and nothing gonna come out but a silent scream… due to the super staph infection she gonna have in her throat :no:

This mini recap has been brung to you by Kdub on this ninf day of July tew thousand and thirteenf.

Betamax82 says:

:facepalm: idiots get their life by tweeting with celeb

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

*shout*

@KAECEISoul
      Have U seen tHe commercial,I believe its ALLSTATE,the baby’s in the stroller his parents are at the table browsing the menu
      the MIME comes over and starts talking :hahaha:
      The BABy says
      Is it Me or does anYone else find it weird that a mime is TALKiNG!!

I didn’t understand the tweets you posted. One day this week I will spend some time with his tweets and try to catch the meaning of it all. :shrug:

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

@Dub: You say Sheeda is going to have a silent Scientology birth cause Kirk booty hole laced fingers will leave bacteria BOOTYGITIS on the inside of her throat meat, eye muscle and ear cartilage???
      :ghost: <—me ascending to heaven
      Take me to the King. Not MJ or T.I son but GOD

Ty says:

:chase:

:dead: @ Kirk :hahaha:

because he brown nosing
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      But who is Miley? She not impo’tant.

MissHarlem says:

He was high when he said that. Goes to read post and comments

FAYLA :nono: I dont watch that show sad part is it has potential

Take me to the King. Not MJ or T.I son but GOD
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:nun: While humming Tamela Mann’s song :whistle:

MissHarlem says:

Cinnamon Jacks :shock: I couldnt even read the post this ad got the inner fat girl ready to eat

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

So he called her a God for tweeking. Is this what people mean by look at God? :thinking:

Ty says:

super staph infection
      _________
      so u saying they need industrial strength antibiotics that Tiffany cant even get :rofl:

MissHarlem says:

She just cant handle it (Hi-Five 1992

^^ GOOD and BYE DUBB :lol:

*goes to finish rest of comment*

KayCeiSoul says:

@ Miany – him WOVES him Mommy! :yes: :heart:

Ty says:

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

So he called her a God for tweeking. Is this what people mean by look at God?
      :no:

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

:no:
      by Ty on Jul 9, 2013 at 2:18 pm
      ——–
      Sorry. I am a perpetual line steeper. I may have gone too far :ashamed:

eastpointvet says:

he does have a sense of humor so its pretty much just that. its funny when people talk about the direction of the music and in the same breath say i havent listened to it, so how you know the direction? lol. he talks about his baby, his wife, miley twerking its a good album

Ty says:

Yesterday it was revealed that 50 Cent sent his son Marquise a series of hateful text messages that included calling the 16 year old an “a$$hole, motherf***er, and stupid, amongst other things. NOW, the struggle rapper is claiming that his behavior should be excused because it was not his son on the other end of the phone, it was REALLY his son’s mother, Shaniqua Tompkins.
      GTFOH :chase:

Shay_OH says:

Afternoon Roses! :waves:

I’m ready for Miley’s time to be up.

MissHarlem says:

I heard some tracks for MCHG and its not bad at all. No demonic chit that my ears heard. He gushes bout his fam (wife and Blue) so thats cute. Now Im here for that Wale album :nun: Im biased anyway I like all his albums and his mixtapes

they just throwing GOD’s NAME around like it aint NOTHING :no: these BLACK & WHITE COONS done SOLD THEIR SOULS for the RICHES OF THE EARTH. TOO BAD these heathens wont be able to take all their MONEY with them when they DIE. :no:

the struggle rapper

:dead:

ALL THAT MONEY and MILEY CYRUS couldnt take an etiquette class. SHE IS WHITE TRASH :no:

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

Finally turned on the trial. Well on my work pc. So they have another ME on here in order to undermine the other one Bao? Wow. The questions the defense is asking are very leading and biased. :no: come on prosecution.geesh. The defense is trying to make the ME agree with their account but he want there
      He says it was not possible for Zimmerman to be over TM and he be face down because TM was shot in the front. Uh dummy he could have fallen back or been pushed over. I can’t
      O

MissHarlem says:

I promise you that if that fat fcker walks I want street justice. Mad I got chit to loose bc I will get off on killin him myself :coffee: Judge away IDGAF

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

This defense attorney is intentionally asking questions that are leading and sustained but once he puts it out there and it’s answers the jury has heard it :smack: I don’t care if they are supposed to disregard it

I jUst ate a whole pIneaPPle :oops:

MissHarlem says:

LUVN normal for me just if you do it as often as I do watch your acid intake

anw_rootbeer says:

Whats up with the fascination with Miley twerking?! Hell my YT friends been twerking with me since the late 90s early 2000s. THIS AINT NOTHING NEW!

MsB2u says:

Chile,i seen that Funky a.s.s twerk video SHE REally nees TO SAT DOWN!
      —————————
      :cosign:

Miany says:

Someone here said Tray’s parents have aged… I haven’t seen any pics of Mr. Tracy but, I saw a news clip of Tray’s mom :( ….. you can see this is tearing them up but, they’ve remained strong. I commend the way they’ve handled all of this, I can’t imagine ever needing that much strength.

The Pearl! says:

Heeey, E’rybody — Hi, DTTS — I’m all late and slow cuz I’m working :ashamed:

MissHarlem says: normal for me just if you do it as often as I do watch your acid intake
      ~
      ~
      I buy a few fresh to last for the week . . but UMMH I just ate the whole damn thing :smack:
      it was sweet and JuicY

Ty says:

Fox’s The Five opened tonight taking on the latest from the George Zimmerman murder trial. Eric Bolling, Kimberly Guilfoyle, and Andrea Tantaros agreed the prosecution’s case is shot, Greg Gutfeld continued to express his apathy for the whole thing, and Bob Beckel continued hammering Zimmerman, loudly proclaiming him a “wannabe cop who didn’t like black people.” Guilfoyle said that the prosecution had a burden in the case to prove Zimmerman had “hatred, ill will toward Trayvon Martin so bad, so evil to justify a second-degree murder conviction,” and they failed to make their case. She also noted the 911 tape where it’s either Martin or Zimmerman screaming, and how a number of people close to Zimmerman have testified it’s him on the tape. Beckel rolled his eyes and remarked, “They’re all close to Zimmerman! Of course they’re gonna say it was his voice!” Beckel continued by piling on Zimmerman and accusing him of harboring racial bias before he even met Martin. “This guy had already been profiling black kids in that neighborhood. There’s been a record of that. The guy was a wannabe cop who didn’t like black people!” Beckel insisted that Zimmerman regularly “called in black kids,” while Guilfoyle shot back that he was just a community organizer doing neighborhood watch, and there’s no record of him ever profiling black people. Gutfeld charged that Beckel’s attitude is the same one pushed by the media for over a year, and said they only want to cover the case because it reflects a viewpoint that “America is nothing but a racist country.” In response to the breaking news about Martin’s toxicology report showing THC in his system now being allowed to enter as evidence, Beckel suggested that’s a good thing for the prosecution. “If this guy was stoned on marijuana–people who are stoned on marijuana are not all that aggressive. I mean, that’s even a better case, as far as I’m concerned.”
      Unfortunately I agree, the prosecution has not made its case so this bastid might walk :smack:

Ty says:

Miany says:

Someone here said Tray’s parents have aged… I haven’t seen any pics of Mr. Tracy but, I saw a news clip of Tray’s mom ….. you can see this is tearing them up but, they’ve remained strong. I commend the way they’ve handled all of this, I can’t imagine ever needing that much strength.
      Yeah u can tell they are stressed. I read an article that said the mothers coworkers are donating their PTO time to her so she wont have to take off for the trial. Zimmerman’s people have books out and saving the revenue in case he has to leave the state :rolleyes:

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

So the medical expert is saying that the police were negligent and should have taken Pork to the hospital because if he had died from his “injuries” and head trauma his family could have sued :smack:
      Porky is going to walk :no:

miley is trash :garbagecan:

But I bet J smells goooood :yes: <—my lips pursed :lol:

And she looks like a little boy FOHoe

MissHarlem says:

:facepalm:

prima_donna2163 says:

I didn’t take it as a drug reference, when he referenced her as “an old world’s worst nightmare,” that’s a reference to old white America’s hatred for hip hop but how it has crossed racial barriers and now their children and grandchildren are embracing the genre.

But he’s “still putting work in” because instead of promoting the “purity” of the hip hop genre, some whites just want to be down and promote exactly what is defacing the genre ie twerking, wearing leotards etc…

100% usa made! says:

Tom Ford and that song he has with Rick Ross are the best songs on the album.