Video: Gay Men Run Out of Town By Jamaican Mob

Jamaican Mob Run Gay Men Out of Town

A Jamaican mob barricaded a group of 5 gay men in a shack until the police arrived to escort the men out of town, according to a report on the Huffington Post.

A video filmed by Jamaica LGBT News is making its way around the Internet. The Jamaica LGBT News interviewed a young man who became “riled up” after the actions of an “alleged homosexual man.” The man’s statements made made the residents “gravely concerned.”

In Jamaican Patois dialect, the man said: “We have young people growing up, and the gays want to introduce the young people to the gay lifestyle. As adults, we can resist the temptation, but the younger people can’t do that.”

The mob barricaded the men inside their ramshackle hut until police arrived to safely escort them out of town.

The Huffington Post notes that “Jamaica has an international reputation for its homophobic climate and anti-sodomy laws … that punishes violators of the law with a maximum of ten years of hard labor.”

This time the gay men were lucky, they escaped with their lives. Brutal attacks against openly gay teens and young adults have increased in intensity in recent months on the Caribbean island.

Gay rights groups are on the island pushing for the repeal of Jamaica’s anti-sodomy laws and anti-gay discrimination.

• ‘GLEE’ singer Charice Pempengco is a lesbian
  • Girls Told to Ask for Lesbian Kiss in School
  • 19-year-old lesbian jailed again for having sex with 14-year-old girl
  • Robert Griffin III Says Gay NFL Players Should Come Out

37 Responses to “Video: Gay Men Run Out of Town By Jamaican Mob”

Crickett says:

Maybe they can get political asylum in US as refugees.

Carrington says:

Ignorance at its best.

I Know PLENTY of the geys who will tell you that if they COULD be straight and mean it, they would.

Sexual attraction is only selective in bisexuals, in my opinion. Other than the Maybelline & red bottom wearing hairdressers in ATL, most gays will tell you that if they could pray it away – they would.

kingstonn says:

*shrugs*
      yeah, most West Indians are extremely homophobic. Buju Banton has plenty of antigay songs.

@ kingstonn: Jamaicans are not very tolerant of things that are unnatural. The gays can recite that myth about homosexuality in nature all they want. But the fact is, when it comes time to procreate, even animals get it right.

Lodak says:

Two of my best buds are gay Jamaicans–both left as children and seldom return.

MsPink says:

I’m predominantly Jamaican and we consider homosexuality an abomination. It’s considered unnatural according to the word of God as God created Adam and Eve and NOT Adam and Steve.
      Be it how it may homosexuality exists and while I don’t condone or agree with it I respect them as people all the same. What irks me is the whole needing to come out and the eccentrics of it in the media. I’ve yet to read a headline where everyone was in awe and shock that someone announced they were heterosexual. I don’t recall when who you went to sleep with became such a big deal. I will say what I don’t agree with are young impressionable children being exposed unknowingly to the lifestyle and considering being gay normal. Women allowing their young sons to wear a dress on TV because he wants to be a Princess. When I was 6 I wanted to be Tinkerbell……lemme stop before I get banned

Carrington says:

Why aren’t you a “normal”, “natural” human being, Sandra. The appearance is that you hate the gays, yet, you’re ONE of the gays.

I’m really interested in your position. You’ve probably mentioned it here before, but obviously I missed it.

If all things gay elicit venom and vomit, why dont you change your orientation?

If it’s unnatural to even you, why don’t you do the natural thing and get a man – or, is the thought of being with a man UNnatural to you?

Do you love, and hate your attraction to women?

Would you BE straight if life, and nature permitted?

Will you ever accept you for you? Or are you hoping and praying for change?

It’s the journalist in me… I’d REALLY love to have a SERIOUS conversation with you. You seem to be such a complicated, yet conflicted woman.

MsPink says:

I agree. I’m a lesbian and I say the gays should leave the children alone. I know exactly when the emphasis was placed on who we sleep with: when Obama was elected president.

Carrington says: Why aren’t you a “normal”, “natural” human being.

SR: Because I’m a lesbian who practices unnatural sex with women.

Carrington says: If all things gay elicit venom and vomit, why dont you change your orientation?

SR: All things gay don’t make me vomit. Just because I prefer women doesn’t mean I am turned off by men.

Carrington says: If it’s unnatural to even you, why don’t you do the natural thing and get a man

SR: Because it’s not necessary for me to get a man. If I wanted to have children I would sleep with a man, since that’s how humans procreate naturally.

Carrington says: Do you love, and hate your attraction to women?

SR: I love women. I am not ashamed of my attraction to women. What I hate is the gays telling society they should accept something that is unnatural to them.
      What I hate is the gays forcing their lifestyle on people who disagree with homosexuality.

Carrington says: Is it your belief in God and the bible that prevents you from accepting your truth/reality?

SR: I accept my sexual orientation. I don’t need religion to tell me what I should accept. As a human being I know that homosexuality is abnormal since it is a dead end sexuality.
      Here’s my position on the gays: Stop forcing your homosexual lifestyle on children.

Carrington says: Is there a bit of self-hatred in there somewhere since you obviously have a problem with being gay AS a gay person?

SR: There is no self-hate here. I am a lesbian who is confident enough that I don’t have to demand society accepts my homosexuality.
      I don’t force my homosexuality down people’s throats.

Carrington says: Will you ever accept you for you? Or are you hoping and praying for change?

SR: I accept who I am. But I’m also aware that most of society will always be abhorred by my lifestyle. I’m fine with that.
      I do not agree with the gays forcing our lifestyle on society or on innocent children. Teach this to children: gay sex is unhealthy. Gay men lead new HIV cases by 70%.

I hope I have answered all your questions? Just because I’m not down with the Gay Agenda doesn’t mean I hate my lifestyle. But it is unnatural.

MsOnederful says:

Carrington says: Why aren’t you a “normal”, “natural” human being.
      SR: Because I’m a lesbian who practices unnatural sex with women.
      Carrington says: Do you love, and hate your attraction to women?
      I don’t force my homosexuality down people’s throats.

:applause: :applause:

kahmmillion says:

I do not blame them. The people are speaking the truth. They let them into their community, they haven’t bothered them, but they are trying to get the youth to go along with their depraved behavior. If you want to be gay, fine, be gay, just don’t try to drag others, especially children into that confusion.

ArabianNights says:

Carrington says:

Ignorance at its best.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Honestly, I don’t accept that. I have several homosexual friends. Two of which, grew up dating men, somewhere around 19/20 they started dating women. One (we are in our late 20′s now) recently decided that she no longer wants women and is now back to men. Seeing that, makes me believe the argument “I can’t help it” less and less. Maybe it’s wrong I think that way, but honestly, I think it’s a choice. We choose to be heterosexual because it’s our preference. It’s not some deep uncontrollable force that makes one be the way they are: Its a choice.

kahmmillion says:

@ SandraRose

Chuch!

kahmmillion says:

@ ArabianNights

:claps: :claps: I too believe it’s a choice. Gays constantly change back and forth as to their sexuality, but they want us to believe they were born that way. Can’t. :no:

ArabianNights says:

I, for one, am very tired of having homosexuality rammed down my throat. I don’t run down the street screaming “I’m straight!”. I don’t get a press conference for dating a man. I don’t want to see anybody tonguing it down at Chik fil a, homo or hetero. I’m really tired of being told I’m a bigot and gay bashing because I don’t agree with the choice to be gay. It’s my opinion. We are entitled to have one. Just because it’s different, doesn’t mean it’s wrong. I love everyone equally (including my two good friends) but I have a right to disagree with the lifestyle.

outlaw2011 says:

Coming out of lurk mode to say great response @SandraRose. I have no issues with gay people, however i’m just tired of them going to the highest mountain and screaming out their sexuality, yet heterosexuals don’t seem the need to announce anything. Enough is enough already. They need to just stop it.

Shuga Honey says:

so basically, gay ppl can only be gay in the way the other ppl have decided is acceptable?

ummm…good luck with that. the closet is stuffy and ppl are tired of being shoved in it.

i say come out come out wherever you are :yahoo: be you & do you. be honest and bold and proud of however and whomever you love!

and for the record, STRAIGHT ppl raise gay children all the time so all this rhetoric about corrupting young innocent minds is just a cop out for ppl to hide behind instead of owning up to their own predjudices.

ArabianNights says:

Honestly, I don’t accept that. I have several homosexual friends. Two of which, grew up dating men, somewhere around 19/20 they started dating women. One (we are in our late 20?s now) recently decided that she no longer wants women and is now back to men.

As a young lesbian I was so perplexed when I saw butch women with their children, or flaming gay men with wives. But let the the gays tell it, homosexuality is not a choice. The Gay Agenda is real. :coffee:

RegyBery says:

Yes the gay agenda is very real however that video makes me feel some type of way :kona:

RegyBery says:

Also, I googled boom bye bye from buju banton. I can not believe the lyrics to that song. So many drunken nights I have grinded to that song at a gay club and never knew what he was saying.

Carrington says:

Does this mean that I’m the first person to be granted an interview with the infamous Sandra Rose? LOL

But here’s where I disagree with a lot of the comments: I have a 17-year old. If he turned out to be gay, I would want him to be himself without SOCIETY dictating when, or if he should be able to do so. If he decides to say, “I’m gay. Stop GUESSING who I am – there it is!” I’m there to hold his hand. Now, if he looks like Magic’s son, I’ma be a little shame in the beginning, but I’ll get used to it.

People want it both ways. When we think someone is on the DL, we shout for them to “just come out” from the mountain top. When someone comes out, we want them to go and hide. Which one is it?

I was director of finance for an organization that treated people with HIV and it changed my outlook on everything – including sex. I saw and heard so much that I completely stopped having sex. It was depressing to see gay, straight, and bi people come through that office. I saw people that I KNEW who were dating people that I knew and HIPAA wouldn’t permit me to say anything for legal reasons. I didn’t know if the person I knew even KNEW that the person they were dating was coming into that clinic for services and there was nothing I could do.

What I find interesting (and difficult to understand) about Sandra’s position is that she’s made it her business to either out, or insinuate the sexuality of every other celeb, but then when they do it on their OWN, you don’t want to hear it and need to know the point. Really?

I once sat with a client who would come for an appointment one week with his wife and two weeks later, with his boyfriend. WE knew. WE hated him, but she didn’t have a CLUE. He had been coming to the clinic for services for 2 years with his boyfriend and then brought the WIFE in because he “felt that THEY should get an HIV test”… well, they tested positive (obviously) and this clown pretended to be shocked and then shocked us all when he said, “You been cheating on me and gave me this $hit!”… and she fell for it.

I’d talked to this man over and over and over and BEGGED him to talk to his wife prior to infecting her, but he wouldn’t. HIPAA’s a tricky thing. The health department wants a list of everyone you’ve slept with, but then HIPAA won’t allow us to inform the people they’ve slept with.

SOCIETY has made the gays stay in the closet for years and conform to what STRAIGHT people think they should be, so they remained in the closet. Now that they are saying, “no more” we’re trying to beat them BACK into the closet because it’s an “agenda”. The only agenda I see is that many of these people have tired of living their lives in secret and marrying folk they don’t want to be married do, and dating people they don’t really want to date because they’re concerned with what everyone else thinks.

The main ones who say they don’t want to know, are the FIRST ones to call out every picture Sandra posts with the inevitable “he look sweet” comment. So, which is it? Should gays conform to society, or can they be who they want to be without society dictating who, what, when, where, and how?

I don’t give a good gat damn WHO people sleep with – it doesn’t affect my mattress. I just like mess. Straight or gay. So, if the story is about Diddy cheating on Cassie with Trey Songz, or Beyonce cheating on Jay Z with Julius, I just like the mess.

kahmmillion says:

:rolleyes: Long behind dissertation. :no:

My sister is a lesbian and Sandra and I have discussed this before. I am married with two kids and my sister would always want me to bring the kids over when they were very young around her different women. I was VERY uncomfy with that but understood and respected her. My husband and I refused to take our kids around her. We did not want to confuse our kids when they were young. I respect all walks of life but don’t bring my kids into it and try to make it ok. Now my kids are teens and understand more and are fine with their aunts lifestyle but yes, I did shield my kids. Just my two cents. :tea:

Carrington says:

I love people who complain about READING… And then wonder why kids are effed up. LOL

If its too much for ya, look at the pictures

@SandraRose I’m jelly you gave someone else an interview before me and I’ve been asking for years! #Fail #Shade LOL :tea:

Carrington says:

I did that, Tami! LOL

kahmmillion says:

:rolleyes: Still saying nothing. Just talking to hear himself talk. :sigh:

Carrington says:

Even if every human being on the planet accepted homosexually you would still have dishonest guys hiding their sexuality. They want to have their cake and eat it too.
      The reason gays should come out is so women will know and they can choose to be with these guys. The HIV rate for black women is extremely high
      because their husbands are sleeping with men. They’re not bisexual because society keeps them in the closet. They’re bisexual because they want to be.
      What we don’t need is gays being celebrated for coming out of the closet. We don’t need gays telling children homosexuality is “natural” and “normal” when it is not.

@ talkingwithtami: LOl. That was not an interview. I answered his questions on my blog because I wanted to clear up the confusion. :)

supa says:

everyday folk are not in on the agenda, but they are definitely being used as pawns in the game. the sad part is that they can’t see it and are not looking at the bigger picture. if they stop being so defensive, they would see things from a birds eye view, which will make what’s really going on clearer – gays not in power are being exploited and we’re being forced to accept it.

Carrington says:

You lyin, Sandra that was a f@cking INTERVIEW & from this day forth, it will be referred to as such!! LOL

By the way, are you sure that gays are teaching children is “normal”, or that gay is “their” normal?

Huge difference.

That’s like saying to a vegetarian that eating flesh is normal

ArabianNights says:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think you misunderstand and get yourself upset over nothing. I, personally, don’t want to hear anyone yelling from the mountain top about their personality. Why not be an adult and calmly be open/honest with whomever you sleep with? When I date a person or decide to be intimate, I mean its full disclosure but I don’t walk around every day screaming “LISTEN TO ALL THE NASTY THINGS I’VE DONE IN MY LIFE!!!!” So that’s silly. I think when people request they “come out the closet”, just means don’t hide, be honest. I didn’t realize that for one to be honest, they had to have a press conference about it as well?

I think it (and sex in general) is too much in everyone’s face. Again, as a mother, I don’t want anyone’s sexuality pushed into my daughter’s life right now. I’ve dated the same man for the last 2 years, and my daughter still think he’s just a family friend. Children, need to be children.

Carrington says:

@ Arabian

Upset? Don’t ever mistake my opinion, lengthy as it may be, as me being upset.

I come to the blog, read, post an opinion, sometimes short, sometimes long, but RARE is the occasion that I continue to post.

Here I did because I engaged Sandra Mae & she responded. Typically, my posts here once made, are done until the next day.

GottaBigOne says:

MS. ROSE!

It is rather refreshing to read your HONEST assessment of the gay lifestyle and your place in it!

I, too AGREE (100%) that there is a Gay Agenda to FORCE their way of doing things on Mainstream America.

The children MUST be protected from its Onslaught.
      [I am also Really NOT feeling gays becoming parents by "adopting".
      Children have enough to go through in life without the added burden of having two "daddies" or two "mommies" in the household.]

I really believe that the goal of gay people is to ultimately engage in sexual activity WHEREVER (like in Public) or WHENEVER they please Without legal or law-enforcement intervention!

. . . and the above-stated comments are coming from a gay-oriented; asexual individual who happens to L-O-V-E himself the way he is though I disagree with said lifestyle.

likeCaesar says:

I love when folks reference the bible as it pertains to this type of hatred and bigotry. I’m willing to bet most of them HAVE NEVER READ THE BIBLE FROM COVER TO COVER!

likeCaesar says:

LOL! Ok Sandra Rose doesn’t seem to know anything about the hatred gay males go through and is obviously unempathetic toward it.

I did a google search for discrimination specifically against lesbians in Jamaica. I was unable to find much. Any Jamaicans in this post know any relevant facts about this?

Sidenote: I highly doubt that this same mob would’ve behaved the same way if it were 5 lesbians…

scandalous1 says:

Kudos to Carrington!!! At least someone who reads this blog has some sense.