Red Lobster racial incident

A 19-year-old Red Lobster waitress was suspended with pay after she posted a customer’s receipt on her Facebook page.

Toni Christina Jenkins said she was in the middle of her shift at a Nashville, Tennessee Red Lobster when she began serving two “extremely rude” customers. She said the customers ordered $45 worth of take out food, but they did not leave a tip.

Jenkins, who is in nursing school, told Mail Online she picked up the receipt and saw the words “none” and “nigger” scrawled on it.

So she did what any other attention-seeker would do: she posted the receipt on her Facebook page.

Red Lobster

“This is what I got as a tip last night…so happy to live in the proud southern states..God Bless America, land of the free and home of the low class racists of Tennessee,” she wrote on her Facebook page.

She continued: “They were extremely rude, but I introduced myself to them and they didn’t respond. When I came to take their order they simply told me they wanted their food and to put everything in a to-go box. I offered them dessert but they told me abruptly that they just wanted the check.”

In her haste to publicly ridicule the customer (whose name was clearly visible on the receipt that she posted online), Jenkins forgot that the receipt is property of Red Lobster.

Jenkins was placed on “suspension with pay” while Red Lobster management determines if she violated policy. She has since deleted the post.

Toni Jenkins, Red Lobster

At first, Jenkins’ friends and family were very supportive of her on Facebook. But as more people read the shared post, doubts began to arise.

One man wrote: “As a black man, I simply don’t believe this is real. The word ‘none’ has totally different handwriting from the word ‘Ni**er.’ There’s lots of stories lately of people making false accusations of racism or discrimination for attention. I think you should just admit you did this yourself because you were mad he didn’t tip you… This poor man is innocent and I think you are racist against white people.”

Others pointed out that the ‘e’ is different in both words.

But Jenkins remained unfazed by the accusations that she wrote the racist epithet herself.

According to Mail Online, Jenkins stands by her story, and she is encouraging her friends and family to continue sharing the post on Facebook.

82 Responses to “Red Lobster Waitress Suspended After Posting Customer’s ‘Racist’ Receipt On Facebook”

A.J. says:

She should be fired. The end.

:bounce: LMAO

A.J. says:

If you do not like the comment go to your boss and express yourself. If that doesn’t work: quit hell become an entrepreneur.

I hate when people post chit like this on social media and wanna get mad when they standing in the unemployment line.

Shuga Honey says:

they just need to go on ahead and pay waitstaff a normal salary and not have them so dependent on tips. clearly this ish aint working for anybody.

its like a horrible social experiment gone awry.

Bootcampgirl says:

Handwriting analysis please because that does not look like it was written by the same person…

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

People get on social media and lose their minds. Twitter is the :evil:

A.J. says:

I didn’t see that body-builder beach-rock photo! :rofl: I was like is this a Afternoon Glory post.

Now Red Lobster will get sued because that man’s name is all over the Internet.

Yall read the part where its says two men?? One of them couldve written none. :shrug: The other grabs the pen and writes nigga. No?

Oh thats right, Post racial. :yes:

Salliemae's Boosh says:

someone was trying to get their nursing bills paid…#fail

Shuga Honey says:

and not for nuthin but if you order takeout then why do you still have to tip?

chile, bye. and stop trying to be the morning glory on the low :rules:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

She in shape tho. No points for that? :lol:
    So are the people saying she made this up trying to get more famous than Beyonce ex boyfriend teenage kiss:

Tink Tink :newbie: says:

People expect tips for to go services :huh:

If that doesn’t work: quit hell become an entrepreneur.
    _______

I just L O Led. :thankyou: <— for the laugh.

is she a gym RAT?
    And the guy who said he doesnt believe Someone would that,REAllY?
    Do u believe u still a nigga EVEN if u in a coup?

Im Not saying she didnt,but GheesH,and if she did violate S.O.P she SHOULD BE fired
    If by some chance they prove she did this;She should post her apology tew

A.J. says:

Who forgets to write the total in also? :thinking:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Now what if one person at the table wrote none and the other person at the table wrote the **** comment? Then that would be two different handwrittings right? Either way, that was rude of them, but she should not have posted it. smdh.

@ OutsidetheBox: I thought it was a man and a woman. She made them mad for some reason. I’m guessing she had an attitude. :coffee:

and not for nuthin but if you order takeout then why do you still have to tip?

_________

Mightve changed their minds when they saw their waitress? :shrug:

Receipt says Table 33.

Tink Tink :newbie: says:

I think that wrote it, if not there would have been a total written in

Folks feel like they are entitled to POST EVERYTHING FOR THE WORLD TO SEE :eek:

==============
    OTB, what’s this about your antennas not working properly?!?! :lol:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

chile, bye. and stop trying to be the morning glory on the low
    by Shuga Honey on Sep 9, 2013 at 1:31 pm
    ———–
    She did all this besmirching of her good name to be a SR morning wood you say? :ghost:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Yall read the part where its says two men?? One of them couldve written none. The other grabs the pen and writes nigga. No?
    ——
    we >>>>>here<<<<< today.

You right. But I m trying again. Imma let him take me to the $2 dolla movie wed night. See if he feel on me and chit.
    ~
    Truss it’s gonna a take a few outings, to see the real (each other)
    Im sure u were holding back a little :)

A.J. says:

If that doesn’t work: quit hell become an entrepreneur.
    _______

I just L O Led. :thankyou: <— for the laugh.
    Now if that happened for real and it was me, them people wouldn't have been able to leave w/o medical assistance. I would've given a verbal resignation: I quit effective now as I enter the police vehicle.

I’m guessing she had an attitude
    ________

Why? Her dark skin? :yes: Hell yeah. :eek:

LOL Sandra im messing with you.. :hug: and I said myself, I wonder if she had a bad attitude>> But i didnt go ahead and assume that. Baby steps®

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Mightve changed their minds when they saw their waitress?
    Receipt says Table 33.
    by OutsidetheBox on Sep 9, 2013 at 1:33 pm
    ———/
    That’s what I read :tea:

what’s this about your antennas not working properly?!?!
    ________

What ILL this? :lol: :eek: I threw wHoly water on the screen. No lie. :no:

Miany says:

Shuga Honey says:
    its like a horrible social experiment gone awry.
    ^^ :nono: those folk choose the wrong restaurants to work at. I know a FEW waiters who earn a nice hefty living on tips. Gotta start at red lobsters to make it to like a Smith & Wollensky.

A.J. says:

If that doesn’t work: quit hell become an entrepreneur.
    _______

I just L O Led. <— for the laugh.
    right

heartland says:

Looks legit to me, fawwk the racist bastidd

what’s this about your antennas not working properly?!?!
    ________

What ILL this? :lol: :eek: I threw wHoly water on the screen. No lie. :no:

:straightface:
    :gossip: Rumor has it you got your channels ALL MIXED up downstairs :rofl: :rofl:

Now if that happened for real and it was me, them people wouldn’t have been able to leave w/o medical assistance. I would’ve given a verbal resignation: I quit effective now as I enter the police vehicle

I cant even pay for nothing like this to happen to me. :eek:

I got all kinds of scenarios in my head too @A.J.!! :hahaha:

This girl next door face tho. Wont allow me to be my #Black self. Even the ppl who burnt down Rosewood be asking me for directions. :cry:

AND those two e’s look the same,Actually the EXACT same,the Both have a little handle\swoop on em
    :tea:

She could have handled this differently :tea:

:cell: Like calling in a hate crime to 911 :lol: #orsomethingalongthoselines :eek:

A.J. says:

A.J. says:
    ___________________________

Are you saying that Sandra Bullock’s adoptive son Louis is really her real-life Louis Vuitton on her shoulder?

:yes:

wayment aint Sandy Bullocks a friend of the blog? you tryna trap me?

in that case, no, Sandy Bullocks motives are genuine and pure and im sure she didnt even keep the receipt for when that baby goes out of style. :tea:

I see AJ tryna get ppl hemmed up. adds to list
    :no: I was asking for a friend. #themoreyouknow

luVn_liFe… says:

:tea:

:ohreallynowface:

*snickers*

She could have handled this differently,Like calling in a hate crime to 911 #orsomethingalongthoselines
    ~
    LiKe going slap the FCUK off Immediately,Made sure EVERYONE knew what transpired

goat76 says:

Fcuk it. If it’s true, I’m glad she did post it. Red Lobster ain’t gonna make her or break her.

That’s what I read

My curse and my blessing..I’m not very cynical. But i am analytical.

Her name at the top too. I dont think she took the time to alter it. She was just mad, and went with it.

Come on now. After somebody calls you a nigga, who thinking let me go tell the boss. :eek:

You thinking fukk this job i will fukk you all the way up. Throwing live lobsters on em and chit. Tuh. :chase: Hitting with Cheddar Bay biscuits.. ok :stop: maybe not the biscuits. :nun:

:ohreallynowface:
    YUP My OpinION like the FB graphologist

Miany says:

I dont care if you dont tip me.
    I dont care if you choose to TAKE YOUR FOOD TO GO when you notice I’m your waitress.
    I dont care if you call me a n*gger BUT if you wanna go out your way to document your IGNORANCE AND RACISM then yea…IM A FUGGIN 19 YO GIRL….I’m gonna do something to retaliate…
    I’m fuggin 26 and beyond this racist shii so no I aint gone act up unless there is a financial reward at the end of it for me. :tea:

If it was left blank, she’d been better just writing in her $9 tip :shrug: Or maybe they were racist, and did write it, :shrug: Now she going to be looking for another job :tea:

:offtopic:

New layout fukking up my lurk mode Aunt Tea. :crying1: BUT you look good wit cha Black skins nah! :thumbsup:

Miany says:

luVn_liFe… says:

^^ :applause: cuz that’s what I SEE TOO.

BUT Why she got her celly on her during working hours? :eek:

I’m tired of folks “stealing time” <–that's what we used to call it.

BrownskinQT says:

Oh lawd, I hope she didn’t write. She can get sued for defamation of character, become unemployed. And made it harder on herself to find another job.

:offtopic:

And here I thought everyone took their ads down :smack:

Who on here was saying McD workers need to earn more?
    <–has an opinion on it… I wasn't here that day :tea:

Rumor has it you got your channels ALL MIXED up downstairs

Sweartagawd imma try stop chatting up these crazies. :eek:
    Mark of the Father in your name, but just angry. :no:

2nd thought :thinking: maybe its the video game! :eek: That would make her right. Channels all mixed up. #thoughtful #comesinPeace #dontHalodeathmebro

BrownskinQT says:

I wonder did they get endless shrimp?

I don’t tip for takeout. I will never tip for takeout.

goat76 says:

Go ahead and prep those cheeks. We’re coming in Hot and Dry!!!
    ________
    You nassy mutha.. :kiss:
    Did you watch? :facepalm: Everybody else can get shuffeled..not be secure in their position, except the one muhfukka who needs to be challenged at his position. :no:
    Florida: We’ll ride a half ass QB ’til a losing season.
    ———————–
    Hell yeah I watched that shat fest!! I was thoroughly happy with what I saw!!!

I’m not sure if y’all even have anybody(worth a damn) backing up Drizzel.
    I’m gonna end this convo cause I know how it feels. NOLES!!!

soo yall wearing these platform flat top sneakers??? like converse on platforms? Just tryna figure out if other 27+ yo women wearing it..
    cuz my homegirl copped a pair of rainbo brite converse with a BIG CHUNKY platform and I was like
    ____

MIANY :rofl: :rofl: Wedge sneaks, yes, flatforms :no: for me.

BrownskinQT says:I wonder did they get endless shrimp?

LOL
    Its going on NOW down here

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

You thinking fukk this job i will fukk you all the way up. Throwing live lobsters on em and chit. Tuh. Hitting with Cheddar Bay biscuits.. ok maybe not the biscuits.
    by OutsidetheBox on Sep 9, 2013 at 1:42 pm
    ————
    Never the biscuits :nono:

BrownskinQT says:I wonder did they get endless shrimp?
    I read that wrong :ashamed:

Shuga Honey says:

she said throwing live lobsters at ppl face :rofl:

OTB so boughetto. see Carrington, OTB got culcha :grill:

MissHarlem says:

SOOOOOOO we assume that she wrote it?!! I mean seriously :facepalm: She is 19 yrs old in this day and age thats what they do. This is the age of social media last time I check. We just love being crabs in a barrel. We live in that gotdamn barrel and then wonder why we wont overcome. SMFH. IF she wrote it then ok but damn to automatically assume is beyond ridiculous. Chit got me feeling some type of waaaaayyyy :listen:

I wonder did they get endless shrimp?

:heart: :bite:

But they SAY they wanted they chit to go. You cant take that. Unless you putting some in your tupperware and sliding it in your purse. But I dont know anyone who does that. :eek:

the writing is different and the it looks like it was from different pens.

But if it were real I have no problem with putting it on facebook or anywhere

BrownskinQT says:

Its going on NOW down here

it’s going on where I am also. I had the shrimp scampi.Maaaaaaaaan I know they were glad to see me laeve,lol.

but damn to automatically assume is beyond ridiculous.
    :hi:
    MZ.Hell :lol:

BrownskinQT says:

But I dont know anyone who does that.

Yes you do :hahaha:

I’m not sure if y’all even have anybody(worth a damn) backing up Drizzel.
    I’m gonna end this convo cause I know how it feels. NOLES!!!
    _______

Nerp. The other fella went to ..somewhere else. He prolly was like DII betta than this chit.. :no: somebody hopefully let him know, Florida aint no place for a Black QB.

Went to all the preseason practices I didnt even see Tyler take a snap. He Black too. :eek:

Gone Goat. *turns nose up* Hate chu.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

I am so over this day :yawn:

She lookin like Serena Williams Jr. in that pic tho. With them Stevie Wonder braids. :eek:

:newpost: On EARL :newpost: SANDra the vid made a Error Script POP up :eek: WTF

Miany says:

:lol: @OTB thanks for putting a name to it.. lol…
    flatforms

OTB so boughetto. see Carrington, OTB got culcha

Black culcha. :grill: Note the Big B on Black. :nun:

We outchea.

anw_rootbeer says:

The 1st thing most people of her generation and mine (30 years young) does is run to social media with every aspect of thier lives. They are gonna learn soon enough!!!

mrsloveleigh says:

it is very possible that both patrons wrote on the reciept. He signed and put none she wrote the n-word. I’m amazed at Sandra saying seh must’ve made them mad or something. I was at an IHOP one night and for no reason other than i was at my car two men drove by and called me a f**king ni***r bi@@h. You don’t have to give a rqacist a reason other than being black

theloveyousave says:

I’m not surprised. Racist have been going hard since Obama been in office. I don’t think the hand writing looks that different. She didn’t have to do anything to them other than be black. Racist are evil for no reason.

I would be secretly hoping that they returned so that I can add a little something special to their order…I know…I know. :lol: Like in The Help. Give them a delicious DODO pie. :lol:

theloveyousave says:

Red Lobster waitress be like:

Waitress: Welcome back, sorry for the accusation. I was just having a bad day. It is a free country, you can write whatever you want.

Patron: D@mn right.

Waitress: I would like to apologize by giving you a whole DOUBLE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PIE..no charge. :smile:

I_hate_sosa says:

Yeah I agree that need to just go ahead and pay them. I went out Saturday evening and I started a tab. I told the bartender I was going to pay for one drink for my buddy. Somehow my tab gets to $70 and all I ordered was 2 drinks and wings. I asked him why would he just put drinks on my tab without my permission his excuse was he thought we were together…I initially included a tip but after that I scratched it out and he had the audacity to chase me down and tell me “next time if you don’t tip don’t complain”. I took everything in me for me not to go ape chit on his arse! These people feel entitled there are other professions your can do besides bartend…don’t make this my problem!

Miapluck says:

As mentioned above, the hand writing looks the same, one is print and the other is half cursive or whatever it is…I mean it’s possible she could have written it herself, and it’s also possible the person actually wrote it…It’s shameful that some of us automatically choose to assume the worst when it comes to our own my self included at times and I’m working on that…down right disgraceful really…Could she have handled the issue in a better manner, sure, but hey she’s 19 and I wonder how many of these stone throwers would have handled it at 19 if they were in the same time era…Also pretty sure Red Lobster did not explain internet policy regarding receipts or whatever when they hire based upon general customer service received from companies nowadays…And IF she did, she will received her due justice one way or another and so will those possible true racist of white supremacy…

Sincerity7 says:

:hailnaw:

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

If customers can file & win lawsuits with receipts then I don’t see anything wrong with her posting what a customer wrote on a receipt directed to her- she should have been smarter & blacked out the customer’s personal info but I’m glad she put em on blast

likeCaesar says:

LMAO at facebook friends all of a sudden turning into handwriting experts.

Even the signature looks illegible. I doubt the person writing it was worried about perfect handwriting.

WE are so quick to tear down OUR OWN…

Crmlkorn says:

I’m confused… Am I missing something somewhere? Why is everyone working so hard to discredit this girl? Is it really so hard to believe that racist a-holes live in TN?

I’m far from an attention-whore but put in a similar situation I would have done the same simply to highlight that things ain’t changed.

Your responses to the situation have me questioning why so many of our own are so quick to attack a young lady who seemingly is just trying to better herself.

Crabs in a barrel, I tell ya…