Throwback Tuesday: Photo of 8 year old Kanye West in China

Kanye West as 8 year old in China

A user on the Rapgenius forum uploaded this photo of rap producer Kanye West at age 8 in China.

According to In Touch Weekly, Kanye’s late mother, Donda West, taught in Nanjing as a Fullbright Scholar.

The fan forum user who calls himself Frak explained the story behind the photo:

My dad is an astronomy professor, and we just had dinner with his astronomy advisor from Harvard. He asked what I was into and I told him about my ventures into hip-hop (I’m a rapper/producer). He asked if I knew about Kanye West, and obviously being a Ye stan I kept my cool and told him yes. He then told me that him and Donda West were good friends and co-teachers in China, and he got to spend a great deal of time playing with Kanye as a kid. Out of nowhere he whips out this picture and my jaw-drops. He said Kanye was a really sweet kid who wasn’t afraid to speak to adults and ask questions.

In a 2011 interview with the Sabotage Times, Kanye said living in China helped prepare him for life in the limelight.

“I think being in China got me ready to be a celeb because, at that time, a lot of Chinese [people] had never seen a black person,” he explained. “They would always come up and also stare at me, fishbowl me and everything. And that’s kind of the way it is for me right now.

In an appearance on his future mother in law’s defunct talk show, Kanye said “people should want to go on vacation or just want to travel because that’s what opens people’s minds.”

51 Responses to “Throwback Tuesday: Photo of 8 year old Kanye West in China”

And is that a LN bag He has is foot on??

i meant LV BAG :smack:

Ty says:

:love: Donda and if she were still here, he wouldn’t be cutting up :coffee:

The Master Beta :D says:

Untainted Ye

He was raised right, he is just surrounded by wrong people, and no one to set him straight, or back on track like Donda…RIP…

You aint got all the answers!
    SETTLE DOWN.
    Before you get SMOOSHED!

:facepalm:

CALI CHA says:

ACID WASH :yahoo: BEEN SWAGGED OUT :rofl:

gbellab says:

Great, now hes gonna say he started the acid wash jean outfit.

Ty says:

tellem says:

not a debbie downer, but, 250 is that all?
    How many u feeding chile :waiting:

:dead:

Bet 10 bucks he didn’t have no ‘handprints’ in permanent marker on his butt, nor all his friends signatures :wail:

Cha :happybirthday:
    We blessed yo! :yahoo:

sassyshe says:

Ima need someone to put Ye on suicide watch because hes likely to slit his wrists if he dont get into the fashion world soon; someone forgot to school that boy that the highest he was would get to would be a Sean John/billionaire boys club level ranting and raving like a jackhole,

CALI CHA says:

@ HOYBUGGAH…I share a birthday on Dec 6th with the beautiful DAWN SHEEN and Chanson :love:

THANKS I CANT WAIT TO PORDY :party:

I know someone with that same bday yo!

We fine like wine :yes: :hug:

CALI CHA says:

wayment….WE TWINS BISH :hug:

All of this to say what :shrugs: he has traveled ????? He grew up to be a damn fool …….. and has lost his way :tea:

Crickett says:

I agree, traveling opens the mind. I admit, I was a jumpoff to a baller and the one thing he kept telling me to do was to see the world from Singapore to India, Eqypt, Venice and Spain. He would go somewhere, then send me and my friends so we could experience the culture. At 24, he was 36 about to retire and get married, but was really good people and shared knowledge and wealth.

69 says:

Ty says:

tellem says:
    not a debbie downer, but, 250 is that all?
    How many u feeding chile :waiting:

DTTS, I see you beat me to bringing this upstairs. I read this and :hahaha: :rofl:

After cheating Mel B., Zendaya Coleman, and Mya….DWTS FINALLY got them a black female winner. Yew better geaux Amber Riley

:nun:

You aint got all the answers!
    SETTLE DOWN.
    Before you get SMOOSHED!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I am in my house laughing LOUDLY for real

Ni ni says:

He grew up to be a damn fool …….. and has lost his way by jeniefrumdabloc…Exactly!!! As I been reading up on his last few antics this evening, all I could say is kanye is a fool. He doesnt know when to close his mouth. You dont say things just because you can. He also seems to have a mental problem. Kim has got to be a fool as well. Poor North, I hope she doesnt have the gene.

Ni ni says:

:preach: poor child never had a chance :no: beautiful lil girl though…..

My dad always told me ……. you can have all the education in the world …. but without common sense ……. :coffee: education is noid in void …… I say all this to say …. if he was truly smart, he would have finished school …… get the credentials he needs to be respected in this world…… Kanya thinks he is above….. this dumbass thinks if he gets the money, he gets the power……. um Kanye you need to be likable if your trying to be global :rolleyes: Hell even Jay Z is likable….. Kanye needs to have a seat :tea: what he fails to realize these folks can’t stand an arrogant black man ……. hell no one likes am arrogant man period….. He needs to be on medication :rules: if he doesn’t get on em soon I am afraid he is either 1 (will end up dead) 2 (mental institution) 3 (black balled and yes Jay Z is going disassociate himself with this fool) 4 (Kim will leave him and take this fool to the bank) 5 (be accused of verbally, emotionally,or physically abusing Kim’s tail) watch what I say….. I give this fool 2 years :tea:

oh yeah fuggg San for asking is that ninja wearing rabbit down stairs :ghost: :dead:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Morning :yawn: Been here for a minute. Yea. Sucks to be you right now.

gypsyeyes says:

Good Morning!!!!

gypsyeyes says:

oh and I’m at work but I don’t know how long I will be staying…I gotta make these sweet potato pies and potato salad and broccoli cheese casserole. Marinading the chicken now.

:yawn: Morning . . . happY Humpday
    :coffee: <- hot black

lovezoe says:

Good morning! On the road later.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Luv it is Wednesday isn’t it :blink: I have a late morning meeting. After that I think I am going to :steer: since we have to travel to Ga and the weather is getting bad.

@loveZOE – where R U going?
    @Mistaken where in Ga you going? Its snowing there,No?

You ladies be safe,and make sure you drive for the person beside you and beHind you.

:yahoo: put my roast on this morning…. can’t wait to leave this piece :yes:

gypsyeyes says:

The roads are wet and it did snow this morning but the winds are at 40MPH so that is the only danger. Be careful cause I was moved over two lanes driving to work this morning.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

@Luv: My mom lives just north of Atl. But we still have friends and other family in Atl so I might end up going into the city at some point. PLUS…. I gotta see Best Man Holiday :pray:

PLUS…. I gotta see Best Man Holiday :lol:

:yahoo: Peace Be with you on ur Journey!!!!

:hi: jenaaaaaayyyyy

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Gyp: Yea I heard it was snowing. Which is why I want to head out early and while there is still daylight. Besides I came in for a couple hours on Sun so I am straight on being here. :rolleyes:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Luv: You and MIL going to have a happy Thanksgiving :lol:

gypsyeyes says:

The weather is back to normal other than the wind so you should be ok.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Luv: You and MIL going to have a happy Thanksgiving
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    :huh:
    Yep
    she’s at her hOme cooking

and I’ll be at mine
    :thankyou:
    We’re GOOD :nana:

Eye of Heart says:

Mawning :waves:

Be careful driving Roses :hug: I am gonna leave earlier now too :tea:

Send a smoke signal later (ie. check in) :rules:

:crying1:
    lord Jesus ~ ther was a Nail salon Robbery in Miami. for no reason at all one of the robbers on his way out turns around and starts shooting.
    Shots the owner (father) and kills his 10 Yr old son.

They just arrested the shooter :pray:
    Hopefully it will give these people some PeacE

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

lovezoe says:

Going to VA!

A.J. says:

Good Morning Sandra!!

Gypsy
    Luvn
    Taken
    Taken
    Eye of Heart
    Jenie
    Lovezoe

I made it to work safely and I’m grateful!! :waves:

AJ :kiss: Happy :hump: DAY!!!!! :happy: glad U arrived safely!

A.J. says:

Lord I’m sitting here in dis office eating Quaker Real Medleys Peach Almond Oatmeal and want a waffle from Waffle House so bad…give me strength….

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

A.J. :hi:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

:newpost: :yawn:

A.J. says:

Luvn/Taken how yall doing this morning?

1 Pingbacks

[…] Throwback Tuesday: Photo of 8 year old Kanye West in China : Sandra Rose Reply With Quote […]