Rutgers University Offers Course On Beyonce

Rutgers offers course on Beyonce

Rutgers University is contributing to the dumbing down of society by offering a course on Beyonce. The academic standards at Rutgers must not be very high. How embarrassing for any student enrolled there who believed they were getting a quality education. There are no reports yet of parents withdrawing their children from Rutgers.

From Fox News:

The Department of Women’s and Gender Studies at Rutgers University is offering a course called “Politicizing Beyonce.”

Kevin Allred, a doctoral student who is teaching the class, tells the university’s online news site that he is using Beyonce’s career as a way to explore American race, gender and sexual politics.

The class supplements an analysis of Beyonce’s videos and lyrics with readings from Black feminists. Allred says he’s seeking to help students think more critically about media consumption.

• Bey has Jay Z whipped like a dog on a chain
  • Headline of the Day: Newspaper Calls Beyonce ‘Whore’
  • Beyonce Criticized for Using Audio from Challenger Disaster
  • BANG FM Bans Beyonce’s Music

233 Responses to “Rutgers University Offers Course On Beyonce”

Just Looking says:

:popcorn:

sassyshe says:

Beyonce stans got their hands in everything

i think its a good idea. it will definitely get the people going. I see it already got you going, sandy :love:

i hate those shoes with the passion of a thousand angry gods :angry:

says:

LOVING those braids :love:

failing to understand why a course is offered tho. :shrug:

deedeegirl says:

So, you’re in college and you are willingly going to study someone who only has like a 7th grade education? I can’t even conceive of what a person could gain from this.

I think it’ll be only a few more years until she teaches a course at UCLA

:rolleyes: the media is feeding right into this bytch :facepalm: logging off :peace:

deedeegirl says:

WHAT is there to STUDY? How to surfboardt? They would be better to offer a class on how her parents turned her into what she is. There may actually be something to learn there. Beyonce is very much like a piece of clay, and pretty much as dumb as a piece of clay and I would be DAMNED if I spent a dollar trying to learn anything about her. You can learn everything you need to know just by watching her open her mouth and speak.

It seems as if the course is focused on race, gender and politics and using Beyoncé’s career as the engaging/relatable topic. Will they be in class learning the Oh-Oh dance or how to move their hand from side to side….most likey not. The content will push their thinking and most likely have the students’ grappling with what, when, whys, hows of this artist and the influence on pop culture and feminism.

….I think

says:

i want some braids. just don’t wanna pay so much for ‘em when i will only keep ‘em in for like 4 weeks.

i cant go too long without washing my hair :nono:

says:

laterthannever says:

I think it’ll be only a few more years until she teaches a course at UCLA

:tape:

Caramel Rain says:

Those are some long braids

Just Looking says:

Fay :kiss: :hug: :peace:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

I like Bey but this is the dumbest ish I’ve ever heard of. :rollseyes: I wish i would waste some tution money on this BS.

Caramel Rain says:

deedeegirl :hahaha: You are soo funny.

@dee

Take out Beyoncé. Insert Miley. Insert Madonna. Insert Pink.

I think it’s more about analyzing a topic/issue, presenting an argument of the affirmative or opposing and defending it with support in the text (readings from Black feminist).

It’s a little more complex than you or the author may be presenting

“using Beyonce’s career as a way to explore American race, gender and sexual politics.”
      ________________________

anyone who has taken a class in women’s studies knows tht this issue is always covered. this particular class is just happens to include beyonce’s name which she herself doesnt have anything to do with. :shrugs: college classes are usually voluntary even if women’s studies is your major or minor you still have other classes to choose from. we all know how college works, right?

i think Nas has a class named after him at some school. Tupac too. it happens.

Ms Peaches says:

Well I must say I like the white shoe better than the black that I saw on Tamar’s assistant/dancer last nite.

Caramel Rain says:

This is dumb though. I know college is were you should learn to think critically, but this…. nah. I’m good. Wake me up when there’s a new post :zzz:

n1kk1a says:

What? Is it a 5 minute course?

Definitely nothing new. Sounds like a thesis topic.

deedeegirl says:

I certainly hope it is more complex, because she is not!

Caramel Rain says:

Wake me up when there’s a new post

girl you know this is the Beyonce channel :lol: but whatchu wanna talk about? did you go on vacation yet? :popcorn:

Smonae says:

Study her hustle some need a little inspiration :hahaha:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

I think Therapist is right and they are just using Beyonce’s name and recent controversy to get butts in the seat and attention :shrugs:

Can’t be no worse than Bun-B being a professor. :shrugs:

Smonae says:

Them braids cute :thumbsup:

Alex see what u started :hahaha:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

But I am tired of all the Bey posts :kona:

deedeegirl says:

had a migraine last night and now I want to eat everything in this damn house!

Bun B’s a professor? You can learn alot from Trillest :hahaha:

Orange, idk.. I just dont know

MSVALLDAY says:

I think it’s a good idea maybe it may turn on the light bulb for some of these youngsters and allow them to actually hear what she’s saying in her lyrics.

Can’t be no worse than Bun-B being a professor.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      But…Bernard is my boo though. Dont do that *Gabby lip tremble*

I have the worst migraines. thank God for fiorcet :lol:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

After reading, this may actually be pretty thought provoking. :thinking: I still wouldnt pay my dollas for it tho. :coffee:

Caramel Rain says:

and allow them to actually hear what she’s saying in her lyrics.
      *************
      :huh: No…. nope.. not gone do it…

KABYEYOU says:

Man Forget all these Beyoncé posts,

Ms Rose aka auntie aka your bloggers favorite blogger. Can we get a article about BOOSIE coming home Feb 13th

#FreeBoosie

KABYEYOU says:

Man Forget all these Beyoncé posts,

#FreeBoosie

@Taken,

I’m tired of them too. Shyt what else is their to discuss. We like the album. Hate the performance. Her hair is what is. She don’t show blue ivy. She dumb.

What’s else going on in Black America?

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

@Dub, I loves him too but I don’t think I could sit through an entire class. :lol:

All these “Clown University” and “Hoodrat Colleges” have ruined higher education.

A degree don’t mean chit these days.

Lil Boosie Boo coming home! :lol: :yahoo:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

@Caramel, :yes: At Rice University twice a week.

Bun B’s a professor? You can learn alot from Trillest

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Yasssss. His class is about religion within the hip-hop culture. At Rice University.

OMG I love him so murch :love: <<< Me and Bun.

Smonae says:

Now Therapist here u go being all logical and making sense in a Bey post :nono:
      People dont want to hear that, its easier to trash her :hahaha:

@Caramel
      You really like Hungry Howies? I been thinking about trying them. I mean you eat it so must like it. :shrug:

SOTHERNGRL says:

I’m sorry but this is ridiculous. If they wanna study some chit study Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight, Dionne Warwick, Etta James chit some folks thats been doing this chit.

lilern says:

Is the course called BeyBonics 101 ?

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

:lol: at she dumb
      FREE BOOSIE :Webbie Voice: :lolsign:

KABYEYOU says:

Lil Boosie Boo coming home! :lol: :yahoo:

—————————————————————-

I cant wait for him to come home, just so I can have a good selection of ratchet music man…it aint been the same since he been gone lol

I have the worst migraines. thank God for fiorcet
      That is the only thing that works for me too. But why ppl be looking like I ain’t never heard of that? :lol:

Madonna has already been a college class I think. She has taught one too. A lecture….just one class.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

2 more hours till :steer:
      LET’S TURN UP :stomps like Kevjn Hart: :blink:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

A degree don’t mean chit these days.
      ***************************************************

now this is the real gospel!!!

SOTHERNGRL says:

Dionne….on what, how to be a psychic? :hahaha:

Jdore says:

“a way to explore American race, gender and sexual politics.” Ok I can understand the course but Beyoncé is the best representation of a successful African American female????

SOTHERNGRL says:

Take out Beyoncé. Insert Miley. Insert Madonna. Insert Pink.
      &&&&&&&&&&&&&
      Madonna and Madonna only Miley & pink aint been doing it long enough.

FuturedocDonte says:

—–
      Know they seent her coming out of the building of the Get-Er-Done… She might have her GED… She can read the teleprompter…. Unlike :looks for Nasir… Whispers: fantasia

________

The class is a feminist/women’s studies course not music themed. :lol: :hug:

Caramel Rain says:

Alex, yes. Mainly b/c it’s kinda cheap :lol: Im eating an antipasto salad w/italian lettuce. It has Fresh Crisp Lettuce, Ham, Salami, Cheese, Peppers, Tomatoes, Black Olives & Onions.

I’m sure you know what an antipasto salad is tho LOL. That’s a lot of salad for 6 bucks.

LET’S TURN UP
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      :party:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

A degree don’t mean chit these days.
      _________________________

maybe. maybe not. but i’d rather have one than not…..just in case :tea:

Smonae says:

Now Therapist here u go being all logical and making sense in a Bey post :nono:
      People dont want to hear that, its easier to trash her :hahaha:
      *********************************************

LOL well my bad. I’m a huge educational advocate. I’m bout to retire after 13 years in a school, I’m tired of working with teachers and parents

:| What was I thinking.. :hahaha:

KABYEYOU says:

Caramel Rain says:

Lil Boosie Boo coming home!

—————————————————————-

:cheers: Lil Webbie just aint gone get..
      Cues… Power up :whistle: LOL

:lol: Yeah, but I don’t like any of that but Lettuce, Ham, and cheese. :no:

BOOSIE coming home Feb 13th
      *****************
      Oh Chit where Keya at I know she wanna know about this.

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

The class is a feminist/women’s studies course not music themed.

You know we don’t read. :lol: I know I didn’t at first. :lol: Once i actually read I saw that it may actually be a decent course.

Wanted to ask if anybody seen the story on the dallas popo who made a lady give him head to stay outta jail? :tape:

Jdore says:

_________________________

i know, right?!?!! they shoulda had a class about Tiny instead. :rules:

or at least Keyshia Cole on a good day. :tea:

Alex ain’t never met no Martin LuthadaKing says:

I have the worst migraines. thank God for fiorcet
      *********
      You too?! Guess that’s a high class rx :tea: Both pinkies up. :rofl:

BOOSIE coming home Feb 13th
      Why I read this in that dude voice on Con Air?!? :lol:

______

Aww thas sad. But if the prevailing attitudes are anything like what you dealing with, gee vahn shee, God bless ya. :hahaha: :|

**************************

LOL wtf they been doing besides making music and entertaining just like Beyoncé. No seriously?

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

:offtopic: I saw clips from the Shakira and Rihana video and…. Them is 2 sexy ass bishes!! Rih looked like she was ready to :lick: Shakira from head to toe and I would have watched every dayum second of it!

As you were. :coffee:

You know we don’t read. I know I didn’t at first. Once i actually read I saw that it may actually be a decent course.
      ______

So :heart: yall dont see the irnoy in calling Beyonce dumb? :lol: :|

Beta says:

Where is Diamond & Soulja Boy are his nails still filthy ass fugg find out Sandra

Afiya says:

Her feet look BIG as hail in them shoes.

Alex ain’t never met no Martin LuthadaKing says:

Yeah, but I don’t like any of that but Lettuce, Ham, and cheese
      ******
      Oh Lordt. You can make that at home :lol: chef’s saalllaaddd

______

****************************************

I should of said “tired of working with in the same capacity”. I’m thinking of focusing more on behaviors and/or counseling private practice

HEART IM NOT CALLING YOU DUMB OF COURSE. :eek: Just re-read that. Never would call you dumb.

:facepalm:

@OTB, I know boo. :hugs: :lol:

therapist1911 says:

**************************
      ___________________________
      Wearing hats with big azz bows, Opening Chicken & Waffle restaurants, Telling People’s Futures and Dragging Bey for singing At Last at the inauguration. :shrug:

@Caramel
      :lol: Thinking about having one right about now.

Alex ain’t never met no Martin LuthadaKing says:

therapist1911 says:

**************************
      ___________________________

You left off not making it to Whitney’s funeral cause she was layed up with her ankles swollen.

“This isn’t a course about Beyoncé’s political engagement or how many times she performed during President Obama’s inauguration weekend,” he says.

Rather, the performer’s music and career are used as lenses to explore —->American race, gender, and sexual politics<—–.

Allred pairs Beyoncé's music videos and lyrics with readings from the Black feminist canon, including the writings of bell hooks, Alice Walker, and even abolitionist Sojourner Truth.

#helpful

This class is taught by a gay white male..he says he identifies with Black women because "..racism, sexism, homophobia, and privilege are larger systems under which we all operate.."

:tea: Now if we want something to debate…thats ripe.

*******************
      proper use of authority?

Never would call you dumb.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      You called me dumb and stoopid the other day though

:crying1: <<< ugly tears

Chile I am a UGK fan for life

*RIP da kang* :cry:

_

Godd bye. :hahaha: And yall betta stop tombout ‘RETHA! karate:

RIP Ms James. :heart:

______

All my life I had to fight.. :ghost:

90 Who Dat says:

Never would call you dumb.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      You called me dumb and stoopid the other day though

<<< ugly tears

You musta been havin one of your many ain't shyt days. :lol:

**************************
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Etta managed to die.

You called me dumb and stoopid the other day though

<<< ugly tears
      _______

LTOSR. :eek: I DONT BELEE IT. WONT BELEE IT. :bite: I know you joshing me… set me at ease. :|

Shhh. She don’t want nobody to remember that.

Caramel Rain says:

Chile Cheese, I only eat like that M-F and when I’m at work. At home, I aint eating no rabbit food :lol:

Buttercup says:

Riddle me this: what has Bey done or not done to make people think she’s not intelligent? Is it because she has a southern drawl or pronounces some words differently than others pronounce them?

Etta managed to die.
      :dead: :ghost:

@OTB

Dayum you for actually going to the source and not just reading a blogger’s spin. still on deaf ears tho…..no one cares

@Therapist …

In Dallas, a police officer has been accused of sexual assault while on duty for forcing a woman to give him oral sex and intercourse in exchange for her freedom.

In September 2013, cop La’Cori Johnson pulled over two women and ran background checks on them both. When he returned to their car, he told one woman that there was a warrant out for her arrest, and to get into the back seat of his squad car. Johnson told her friend to leave. Then he drove the woman to a deserted street and told her “You don’t have to go to jail if you do what I tell you to do.” Out of fear of incarceration, the woman, who remains unidentified, says she cooperated with the officer’s sexual demands.

The alleged victim reported the sexual abuse on October 4, 2013 and Johnson, a former athlete for the big Texas football school Southern Methodist University, was put on administrative leave shortly after. The Dallas Police Department is investigating the case and questioned Johnson this week, which resulted in his resignation and arrest. Johnson’s bond has been paid. And he is now free.

:| I would say so..

SummerBaby says:

Chile I am a UGK fan for life
      ——————
      Me too!

_____________________________
      On Nah, If I have it, I’m going to American Deli so I can get me some chicken wangs to go with it. :lol:

Etta managed to die.
      ______

Omgawdddd :brokenheart: i snorted SO loud. :chase:

———–
      :tea: I’ve been wondering this myself :eek: I guess cause she likes to not properly write out lil shyt or use all capitals :shrugs: let me know when you find out ok

Caramel Rain says:

A southern accent doesnt make people think you are not intelligent unless the words coming out of your mouth are not intelligent. There are plenty of people that have a thick southern accent and are well spoken. :tea:

**************************
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Etta managed to die.

***************************

Not before she called Beyoncé a hussy and Pres. Obama a big ear fool. She went out with a bang. Then Xtina tried to steal her shine and by parting her RED SEA at the funeral

Buttercup says:

===============
      I didn’t, but off with his penis! He’s no different from a rapist.

San ah make ya dance says:

———–
      :waiting: cause I wanna know too. Bish intelligent enough to get deals ain’t nobody else getting.

Chile I am a UGK fan for life
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      It’s like monkey see monkey do So fugg you and your fuggin crew
      You don’t bang in the trunk like we do And smokin on skunky to
      Look at me muddafawka look at me (look at me)
      Look at him BISH!!! <<< Pimp C
      Show ya tattoos!

OMGARSH…that is my shat :thankyou:

Alex ain’t never met no Martin LuthadaKing says:

_____________________________

:cheers: gotcha

———-
      Word :tea: Teach me that :yes:

______

:thinking: Well I know the lack of a “traditional” lower schooling helps. And we used to have a poster who said everybody in Houston knew Beyonce was “the slow one” :|

And yes, diction is prolly number one. And only dmb ppl wouldnt comb they baby hair! Duh. :lol:

her RED SEA at the funeral
      ((((((((((((
      she said that was tanning stuff.

One hour, I don’t think I’m going to make it!!

:headphone:

————
      Happened in my hometown couple years ago. Officer ended up committing suicide after it got out

@OTB

****************************

He forgot to say add “tonight”

“You don’t have to go to jail TONIGHT, if you do what I tell you.

She still have a warrant!!! You still going to jail so she should have went and got it done and over with it.

:whistle:

Let me see it, let me see it
      Let me see it, let me see it
      Let me see it, let me see it
      Bend over, let me see it..

_______

Loves some dayum UGK!

It’s like monkey see monkey do So fugg you and your fuggin crew
      ________

:danban1: :smoke: :cool:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Did someone say Boosie about to get out!? #FreeBoosie When is C-Murder gonna get out though?!

Speaking of Pimp……whatever happened to Do or Die?

:whistle:
      Cause I studied P-I, M-P, ology, but logically
      Be learnin these hoes biology, obviously, well…

Im tryna be quiet yall. :| Am i doing good? Please encourage me and say OTB you doing so good being quiet ignoring that obvious troll. :|

I be that lady didnt even have a warrant! He just wanted to fukk. Google his pic. He look like a penis. :blink:

Im tryna be quiet yall. Am i doing good? Please encourage me and say OTB you doing so good being quiet ignoring that obvious troll.

———
      :chase: I ain’t no troll

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Did someone say Boosie about to get out!? #FreeBoosie
      When is C-Murder gonna get out though?!
      __________________________
      He ain’t. :no: Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Go straight to jail.

When is C-Murder gonna get out though?!
      ________

:no:

San :rofl: :rofl: What happ’d to the encouragment?!?!

SummerBaby says:

Speaking of Pimp……whatever happened to Do or Die?
      ————–
      At least one of them caught a case & i believe is still locked up.

:whistle:
      Sweet jones
      By bitch a choosey lover, never f*ck without a rubber
      Never in the sheets, like it on top of the cover
      Money on the dresser, drive a compressor
      Top notch hoes get the most, not the lesser
      Trash like the f*ck for 40 dollars in the club
      F*cking up the game, bitch you gets no love
      She be cross country givin all that she got
      A thousand a pop, Im pullin Bentleys off the lot
      I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red
      Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads
      Some hoes wanna choose but them bitches too scary
      Your bitch chose me, you aint a pimp you a fairy

SOTHERNGRL says:

OTB you doing so good being quiet ignoring that obvious troll. :clap:

@OTB

I’m missing something?

What happ’d to the encouragment?!?!

————–
      You right my bad :hahaha: Girl you aint threw no intelligent :cool: Today Mmmkay. Keep doing what you doing and TGIF :hug:

Smonae says:

OTB keep talking :thankyou:

therapist1911 says:

@OTB
      I’m missing something?
      Me too but Imma just encourage.

:whistle:
      Be encouraged.
      No matter what’s going on.

FuturedocDonte says:

What yall talm bout :popcorn: Can I get a recap?

@OTB, SHET UP! :lol:

Why people cant just do their job? Why they always gotta take advantage? :shrugs:

When is C-Murder gonna get out though?!
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Half past never. They tried that already. It aint work out.

I’m missing something?
      _______

:lol: No. I was just saying what if they lady didnt have a warrant at all. But i guess she did and thats why she went? Cause I wouldve told him :no: I dont have a warrant.

Buttercup says:

===========
      I guess I will never understand. Many of celebrities got their big breaks with they were high school aged. I just don’t see how people would think they wouldn’t have tutors on the road.

If people judged me on overheard conversations betwixt my mom and I, I guess they would think I’m Forrest Gump’s sister from another mister. :shrug:

I will not even touch the hair thing :facepalm:

@Alex

That’s one of my favorite gospel songs

What yall talm bout Can I get a recap?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      BRB

I’m missing something?
      _______

:smack: See. I had to read all these others… no. You not missing anything. I thought you was asking about the cop..not me and my inability to ignore ppl who are clearly challenged. :|

Somebody page me on my Skytel pager when Dubb get back. Beep me 911.

I’m missing something?
      _______

****************************************

I wasn’t talking bout that dumb lady that didn’t have enough sense not to put a dyck in her mouth.

I was talking about your “trying to stay quiet and ignoring” font

SOTHERNGRL says:

@San I’m hoping it aint me. BUt if it is aint nothing I can do about it.

:rofl: :rofl: YALL IS CRAZY :chase:

Heart, baby, you the only one with some sense. :lol:

TGIF
      ____

:hug:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Luvie/OTB: So my hubby is looking at another :steer: . He had 2 car models that he liked and I had two. He always said mine were nice and we said in 2-3 years I would ditch my SUV because the kids will be out of car seats. Why he go to the dealership… get into my car :eek: and now he said it’s hot and he thinking about getting it. In my white on white I ain’t got no worries white :cuss: I know it’s for us but he wrong for that :hahaha: He said I can drive it too if he gets it… Said it will be his weekend car :rolleyes:

**************
      :hahaha: you too?! My accent is so country to those who arent used to hearing a thick southern accent. See # 108. I sound like a mix of Phaedra and Nene. But it’s coherent and articulate, just country as hail

@San I’m hoping it aint me. BUt if it is aint nothing I can do about it.
      _________

:love: No.

Everyone is entitled to think what they want. I have no problems with 99% of the thoughts here. We share our thoughts tho..and I think some of us forget that when we call other ppl we dont know …dumb. :eek:

Short Recap
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      This post is about BeyondSay 101 is going to be taught someplace. By a fairy yt mane. Rutgers. IDK I aint bother to get specifics. :coffee:

It became about race and feminism somehow. :shrug:

In that case we said…why cant there be classes on the greats? Why cant Betty Wright get a dayum class? Why Millie Jackson aint got one? :shrug:

Etta James was so great she managed to die. :dead: < Etta.

There is a troll fuggin with OTB and I am not sure who. They best knock it off though. TUH :no:

We love UGK forever. Look at em BISHHHHHHHHHHH << Pimp C

Recap brung to ya on the last day of Janu-Any…. two thousand fourteenf

@San I’m hoping it aint me. BUt if it is aint nothing I can do about it.

————
      :hahaha: IDK I havent been reading everything

**************
      ____________________________
      My mama….bless her heart. When we went to Paris last year…. :facepalm: I was like just let me do the talking.

Ohhhhhh Tee, thas shady as hail. :hahaha: :rofl:

:hahaha: i cant get over that dead Etta. :crying1:

Smonae says:

Ion even kno whats going on Im just hyped up on this sugar :bounce:

Buttercup says:

==============
      :yes: I turn it off at work, but it sneaks up when I’m tired or speaking to someone from back home. It’s real bad. Michael Jackson. I pronounce words like, “byke,” “hize” (house), ain’na man, etc.

Short Recap
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      It became about race and feminism somehow. :shrug:
      Etta James was so great she managed to die. :dead: < Etta.
      We love UGK forever. Look at em BISHHHHHHHHHHH << Pimp C
      Recap brung to ya on the last day of Janu-Any…. two thousand fourteenf
      _________________________________
      Boosie gettin out and C-Murda ain't neva gettin out.

Beep me 911.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Beep me 911, babyyyyy

That was big Missy 1996-97. She lil Missy now.

Like big Luther and lil Luther.

SOTHERNGRL says:

Etta James was so great she managed to die. < Etta.
      ((((((((((((((((((((
      I just dont understand why you do chit like this to meh. :lol:

Alex ain’t never met no Martin LuthadaKing says:

____________________________
      My mama….bless her heart. When we went to Paris last year…. I was like just let me do the talking.
      ***************

_______

:hahaha: Yall know I aint wrapped tight. *rocks to and fro’*

:lol: Im cool. We all cool. We all kind. Important. Thats it. :eek:

*Rocks side to side*
      :whistle:
      Sometimes you have to encourage yourself
      Sometimes you have to speak victory during the test
      And no matter how you feel
      Speak the word you will be healed
      Speak over yourself
      Encourage yourself in the lord
      Oooohhh oohh

This for you OTB Cub. :lol:

Wow I just saw that
      _________

:chase:

Buttercup says:

===========
      Don’t do mama like that :rofl: My mom speaks French fairly well. I’m decent in Spanish. Our accents are another story though…..

@Caramel
      She kept asking the waitress if they had skrawberry jelly. The waitress was like I don’t understand. :wails:

On topic: I can see why they are doing this, because she is current, she is everything they would have gagged over years ago. Here you have a successful woman, with a husband, who dresses in skimpy performance outfits and makes her own money. There would be alot to talk about in a Women studies course :yes: All about the evolving of women and nothing about loving her :yes:

“Politicizing Beyoncé” emerged from Allred’s four semesters teaching Women’s Studies 101 at Rutgers, during which he and his students, both male and female, often discussed the thin line Beyoncé walks as a sex kitten-cum-girl power role model.

“She certainly pushes boundaries,” Allred says. “While other artists are simply releasing music, she’s creating a grand narrative around her life, her career, and her persona.”

Course topics include the extent of Beyoncé’s control over her own aesthetic, whether her often half-naked body is empowered or stereotypical, and her more racy performances as her alter ego, “Sasha Fierce.”

In-class discussions often lead to other vocalists, including Billie Holiday, Nina Simone, Lady Gaga, and contemporary musicians who embrace the soul singing tradition like Adele and the late Amy Winehouse.

^^^
      :yes: It sounds thought-provoking if you like that kind of thang.

Like I said my mama been gone from the great state of Alabama for 47 years. FIVE DECADES almost. Sounds like she left from there YESTERDAY. :facepalm:

That accent get real bad when she around her peepa too. Last weekend? :no: No ma’am Pam. I told my sister bish I need subtitles or hand signals from these folks. Where is the Mandela sign dude when you need him?

Buttercup says:

==============

**************

U so silly.
      Least you can turns yours off, I still sound like a country sprite girl :lol: :wail:

This for you OTB Cub.
      ________

You know my struggle. :hug: :sways:

FuturedocDonte says:

Etta James was so great she managed to die. < Etta.

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

Where is the Mandela sign dude when you need him?

:ghost: :rofl:

San :yes: … you got it.

—————
      My granny left AL about that time ago and I STILL sound like them. Aint never lived there :eek:

______________________________
      I feel your pain. My Mama is still in MS. But why when I go back I start talking like them so they understand me?!? :wails:

Where is the Mandela sign dude when you need him?
      _______

:ghost: Yall can talk about me now cause im leaving.. :dead:

^^^
      It sounds thought-provoking if you like that kind of thang
      ———–
      And I would be in that Bish, running my mouth too. I love those kind of discussions :yes:

Alex ain’t never met no Martin LuthadaKing says:

*******
      Do she say skrimp? :lol:
      “yall got some skrawberry jelly”? :rofl:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Ohhhhhh Tee, thas shady as hail.
      OTB I thought I was being petty so I had to bounce it off calmer minds :hahaha:
      NO SIR. Gon head and get yo 745 and leave me alone :angry: I think he sees mine is less expensive and just as bossy so he is like :thinking: Let me be original.. you follow the masses… :lol:

________

well im the opposite. i sound like a new york wrapper but i have no bass in my voice so i sound like that little thug wrapper yall laughed at last week :( . most times at work or anytime i go out of town i just smile and nod.

smart stuff goes on in my head but by the time it comes out my mouth and filters thru my accent :facepalm:

SOTHERNGRL says:

I am in Alabama you know you have a fugged up accent when you say a certain word and your fuggun English teacher burst out laughing and says say that again. So no I dont mess with accents

Caramel Rain says:

That accent get real bad when she around her peepa too. Last weekend? No ma’am Pam. I told my sister bish I need subtitles or hand signals from these folks. Where is the Mandela sign dude when you need him
      ***************
      :ghost:

:ghost:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

I have the prettiest most divine speaking voice *clears my throat* Hello :cell:
      *in a deeper baritone* :cell: GOTDANG I SAID HELLO :eek:

I was done my TT kept asking me to pass her…her sale foam off the dusk. I am standing there like BISH WHATCHU SAY? :blink:

Her cell phone off the desk.

MAN LISTEN.

@Caramel
      She doesn’t really say shrimp since she doesn’t eat them. But she can fluck up some other words. And my Grandma….she had us growing up thinking the co-op was the cro-hop. :wails:

FuturedocDonte says:

Y’all ain’t heard country talk until y’all go into the backwoods of South Carolina… I got family back there that speak GEECHI :eek: Jesus be an interpretor

Beta says:

:smuglook:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

:bye: CountryFace
      @Alex… what part of the ‘sip yo people from? Asking for a friend :blink:

***************

Errmmaagawd. :lol: This is true tho..

That was my point, just b/c she (bey)/we have a southern accent, doesnt mean we’re not intelligent. We just speak..differently :lol:

We were at graduation and my uncle’s gf said she’ll be back bc she needed to go answer her sellalafoam. :wails: Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!?

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

My mama been gone from Texas for over bout 40 years and you can’t tell she left. Bad thing is when she go down there with them she try to sound proper in shyt. :lol:

@Mistaken
      :scared: Depends on who wants to know.

Forest and Jackson but I have fam in “the Delta area” too.

FuturedocDonte says:

Her cell phone off the desk.

MAN LISTEN.
      —–
      I call my cousin trying to get directions out of savannah into somewhere in South Carolina… He kept telling me to get on SAN TEAM

route. SEVENTEEN

Caramel Rain says:

MisTaken, you hubs getting a 745i? :yes: That’s niicceee!!

FuturedocDonte says:

Y’all ain’t heard country talk until y’all go into the backwoods of South Carolina… I got family back there that speak GEECHI Jesus be an interpretor

My face be like this :huh: the whole convo. They speak geechi and fast as hell!

Beta says:

:smuglook:

DOnt look at me like that, you in the A too. :eek: lol

Caramel Rain says:

My grandfolks say gee-tar (guitar). That’s countr-ay.

@Caramel
      So do yall have dinner or supper?

San ah make ya dance says:

—————
      **********

VDot says:

I’d audit this class :coffee:

@NikkeMinxx says:

San ah make ya dance says:

————

…Turned Aileen Wuornos into a serial killer.

Caramel Rain says:

We have suppa and brefas :lol:

Caramel Rain says:

And we drank sweet tea and white bread w/every meal.

and rice is for breakfast :lol:

@NikkeMinxx says:

OTB you doing so good being quiet ignoring that obvious troll.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Forest and Jackson but I have fam in “the Delta area” too.
      throws myself on the ground. AWE LAWD DANG WE MIGHT BE SOME KIN
      runs off :kona:

@Care: He liked that one and another. Now he is talking about getting the one I like :rolleyes: I am sew jelly

sellalafoam
      somewhere in South Carolina SAN TEAM
      ^^^^^^^^^^
      US 17 Hwy…Myrtle Beach. Or Charleston. Or Wilmington, NC. Or anyplace in-betwix. Route SAN TEAM is a scary azz lil road at night when you in the country :no:

Go to hail for sellalafoam :ghost:

supper?

Were Just Looking? Caramel, you buy coconut water??

Jackson Mississippi.. Nathan but backwoods and dirt roads

FuturedocDonte says:

:newpost:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

I know people that say churren. I was like *hand on my bossom* excuse me? They repeated “I SAID WHERE THE CHURRUN at??? :eek: Me looking around…
      *in my prop-purr voice* I don’t understand are you chewing something??
      Them – - > :angry: you know what I am talking about.. where the babies at ?????

Turned Aileen Wuornos into a serial killer
      ———–
      :yes:

Caramel Rain says:

San, nah I havent bought coconut water. I dont know what to do with it. What you got plans for that? #nosey

————
      Just Looking always adding it to her juices. Wondering where to get it from

@Caramel
      Actually Jackson is the “city”….Macon like.

@Mistaken
      :thinking: Is that where you’re from or just your folks?

Buttercup says:

Where is the Mandela sign dude when you need him?
      ================
      :wail:

Oh… I see, Alex

:eek:

chillens lol

@Caramel
      I take back the Macon part….I went to a Maze and Frankie Beverly concert down there…Lawd, the hairstyles and outfits I saw. :no: The women were trying to get to Tank onstage. Acted like they ain’t never seent a fione man before. *Somebody said he fione, I wasn’t checking* :lol:

Caramel Rain says:

Girl they are thirsty you hear me? I went to a Tyrese concert in Biloxi and them girls were bout to lose their minds.. Like WTF? Settle down :rofl:

@Caramel
      They act like they ain’t neva seen no man before. Chile, ain’t nobody checking for yall who have never even left the state. How are you going to act when a supastar take you to NY or L.A.? :no:

Mr.BluPhi says:

If your major wasn’t Women Studies… you probably wouldn’t be interested. Im sure there are other courses just like this named after other entertainers.

I can imagine the class debates with the Bey Hive and the Haters…. desk being thrown, people getting stabbed, people getting hit upside the head with books. LOL. Beyonce gets the people going. LOL

Lil Kim had a course on her so um… What Goes Around… Coming Back Around and will continue to come Back Around. Wonder what these students took away from that class. :ghost: