Ty’asia Jackson Sentenced to 12 years for Killing 2-Year-Old Sister

Tyasia Jackson

Ty’asia Jackson, who was 13 when she murdered her 2-year-old sister, Sasha Ray, will spend the next 8 years behind bars, She will serve 4 years on probation.

Sasha’s body was found in the back yard of the family’s condo by her parents who left her and two other siblings in Ty’asia’s care on Nov. 19, 2012.

The toddler’s biological father, Shelton Ray, told Channel 2 Action News his stepdaughter confessed to stabbing Sasha during a phone call from jail.

Tyasia Jackson

Ty’aisa and Sasha’s mother stormed out of the courtroom on Thursday when she heard Ty’asia plead guilty to killing Sasha. Prosecutors had asked for a 20-year sentence to serve 10 behind bars. Prosecutors say Ty’asia stabbed the toddler out of anger because the toddler led a neighbor to Ty’asia’s boyfriend, who was hiding in a closet.

“Not only was she stabbed multiple times but there was an attempt to hide the murder,” Chief Assistant District Attorney Nicole Golden said in court.

Jackson’s defense attorneys asked Judge Gregory Adams for a 5 year sentence citing a mental evaluation that concluded Jackson could be rehabilitated.

“He did believe that Ty’aisa actions were the result of a brief mental break,” public defender Melanie Williams said.

“I will sentence her to 12 years to serve 8 years in custody,” Judge Adams said.

After court, Sasha’s biological father, Shelton Ray, said he still loves his stepdaughter. “Yes I do still love you, Ty’aisa,” Ray said. Ray told WSBTV he felt responsible for the tragedy.

“Sometimes I think about was it something that I didn’t do. Something more that I could have done,” he said.

He urged parents to watch their kids and talk to them to make sure they’re not overwhelmed. He sent a message to his stepdaughter, telling her to keep her head up, be strong, keep reading and stay positive while she serves her sentence. Jackson will get credit for the year she has served. She will have to serve four years probation once she gets out. Source

Thanks to loyal reader Angela P. for the tip.

• More details emerge in stabbing death of 2-year-old
  • 13-year-old charged with killing 2-year-old stepsister
  • Police hunt man who carjacked woman and attempted to use her ATM card 15 times at the same ATM machine
  • Former NFL player arrested on charges of beating Olympic star

73 Responses to “Ty’asia Jackson Sentenced to 12 years for Killing 2-Year-Old Sister”

deedeegirl says:

The father seems to be dealing with this tragedy well, but I think she probably should have gotten more time. She was old enough to know better. This is why kids should not be trusted to watch other kids though. Sad.

BigSisterGorgeousOne says:

This story :brokenheart: and still does He urged parents to watch their kids and talk to them to make sure they’re not overwhelmed. :coffee:

Milky says:

This is so sad!

You know what :tea: to kill that baby like that….. all that rage :sad: and did ya’ll see that Doctor chick that’s missing has a protective order out on her from Marvin Sapp :no: her story is getting weirder and weirder

Str8tUpMenace says:

Awful

deedeegirl says:

These children now :no: Ion know what to say

Yeah :nono: all in all take that azz to jail….. fugg is wrong with folks ….. lock her up

Still terrible…everytime. That poor family. Thirteen. She didn’t even know chit..Nothing!! :no: Rest on to the baby. Shame! :no:

So you kill your baby sister over a guy? Ok these kids! :tea:

OTB she knew enough to hide a lil nicca in the closet. :no:

iAmChan says:

This is sad sad sad. Nothing more on the topic.

Y’all coulda said new post while I’m down there hearing echoes.

@ OTB! I just spoke you up. Look at :nun:

Locking her up for longer actually won’t/ wouldnt help.. there are many many studies that show no further help is done by extended sentences.. she confessed the judge is taking all that into account.. :bye:

VDot says:

**********************

:stop: Hold up. You mean :whistle: Never Would Have Made It :whistle: Marvin Sapp. He Saw the Best in Me Marvin Sapp?!?!?!?!

:wtf:

rwilliams4782 says:

I get so sick of parents that feel like the older sibling is a live in babysitter…You laid down and procreated.. hate when parents do that shyt..let ur kid be a kid

Oh lord :lol: ok Razz..but think of that for a sec..if you were say 15 , your sister dont know and if she going to get the neighbor you putting the nigga out the window but when you thirteen you dont think further than im in trouble as evidenced by all her actions..

PumpkinsMama says:

@ Chan WORD! Lemme see if Bomb still downstairs

VDot says:

On Topic – :pray: for the whole family. 12 years is plenty of time; Tyasia is still a baby too. :sad:

It wasnt over the guy it was over the trouble.. yall have a nice weekend..thas really what i came to say! :lol:

Chan :hug:

rwilliams4782 says:

I dont babysit shyt.. one day I almost fugged up my neice .. all that uneccesary crying

BigSisterGorgeousOne says:

hopefully their eyes are opened by this tragedy

Dottttt spotttt Happy New Year fave!! :kiss: ok ttyl frfr kids hungry..aint right for me to tell OTB16 to fix them sammiches..

So let me kill my lil sister and hide the body :rolleyes: hell no !!

essenze says:

I really don’t have any words. This is sad all the way around :crying:

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

Sooooo folks just gon leave me downstairs huh :cuss:

!!!@Jenie!! You watched this MOB wives?? Catching up on mine now :gossip: later!

i :heart: sandrarose time warner can kiss my puppylove says:

When i was 13 i started watching my mom’s twins for about 2hours a day after school my grandmother would bring them over. I NEVER not even ONCE thought of harming them in that way. Her parents should have been more attentive.

rwilliams4782 says:

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

This breaks my heart :(

:facepalm: If you actually wanna understand its out there, otherwise throw them all to the wolves. That works.

Ni ni says:

:facepalm:

Sandra won’t ever let us celebrate a Friday…

iAmChan says:

Anywho, I am going to see black ass Sheryl Underwood tonight at the D.C. Improv and she better entertain me. I already told her on twitter that I expect a good time.

AlluringlySweet says:

This is so sad. Her stepdad’s statement speaks volumes about the child’s state of mind.

Chile :popcorn: :yes: Rene is a fool, and Natalie READ that azz :yes:

OTB man look… I’ve had a boy in the house while my sister was there… she just wasn’t slick enough… :kona:

But in all seriousness she acted on emotion is all not off what she knew and what she didn’t know. 13 year olds today know more than what we think they know. A 13 year old shouldn’t be able to tell me how to do a dirty sanchez…

free says:

eight years was not enough. this girl is a stone cold killer.

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

:facepalm:
      Sandra won’t ever let us celebrate a Friday…

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

@Chanpa :hugs:

@R WILLIAMS
      “When u are 13 u dont about later actions…u think for right now…if she was YT she would have been confined to a mental facility”

Yup on all dis.

iAmChan says:

Hey my good friend 2 Cribzzzz

Razz n Tazz n Such :kiss: says:

what emotion warrants you to pick a knife up and stab a 2year…. :shrugs: what kind evil shyt is that…. sorry there is no justification in that :nono: Ion get that and want…..

rwilliams4782 says:

@nini and these parents are busting out babies making these kids grow up fast so they can avoid paying fuggin daycare.. its not a 13 year olds responsibilty to watch kids you had.. she should have been at someone olders home or since the neighbor was all nosey n shyt y u didnt watch to begin with. 2 yr olds messy n get into too much shyt ..not saying I agree with her actions but they failed her

I think she was concerned about both getting in trouble later and being snitched on.. it doesn’t only have to be just one side.

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

I swear black Twitter ain’t chit…. someone done created an acct for Dwade’s on break baby mama & is going in Gabby’s chum filled weave :rofl:

Jenie :huh: Rage? it’s possible in teenagers of this age. hormones and bodily changes and shat.

@JENIE
      No one is justifying anything. Just explaining the mindset.

rwilliams4782 says:

I dont watch kids at all..bc I know my mental…my older neice found out the hard way when she tried to buck at me…I sharkeisha’d her ass in the middle of next month..dont worry she will be back feb 14

:facepalm:

Agreeing with #47 is hard…

@RAZZ

I don’t know why it’s hard for people to agree with me when I’m right all the time anyway. :shrugs:

They finally cut the heat on in my building!! :yahoo:

It was 50 something degrees in here NO LIE!!! :wail: I’ve been here since 1 Jan and they’ve kept the a/c on.

free says:

Ni ni says: OTB she knew enough to hide a lil nicca in the closet. by Razz n Tazz n Such :kiss: …Cosign. This kids are impatient, angry, disrespectful, and in a rush to act grown. I wonder did she have problems before, because boy in the closet seems minor to tick her off and do what she did. Shes probably gonna have to be medication the rest of her life to cope.

******************************

Don’t y’all hate the mindset of folks who think they are right ALL of the time? :rofl:

Razz n Tazz n Such :kiss: says:

Again shyt I will never understand and don’t want too :shrugs: that’s a bunch of mess …. too just stab and hide the body….. some folks just flat out damn sick in the head…. hormones my tail !!! Lock her up :nono:

iAmChan says:

Wait. Are we really about to try to pry into this lil girls brain right now? I’ve done some dumb shyt in my life myself, but I wouldn’t kill to not be caught. Take that ass whooping and be more slick next time around. Hell, she could have bribed the lil baby with some cookies or ice cream or something instead of stabbing AND hiding her. That simple.

Ashid fugg around get mad because of emotions :rolleyes: and then slit my throat in my sleep :tea: shyting me !

@FREE
      “i got the impression, early on and by the stepfather’s statements, that she had kid-watching duty A LOT. her mother had 4 or 5 of them back to back, which is a bit much for a 13 year old to handle. however, she didn’t throw the lil girl in a closet or something, she stabbed her and threw her off a balcony. that’s a certain mentality. i wouldn’t ever want her round my kids or even on my street, now or 8 years from now.”

Sadly, I agree with this.
      But they got grown folk that murder kids due to frustration and just plain not knowing what to do. What does anyone expect a 13 yr old to do with multiple children she is charged with watching?

I think this last incident was a breaking point of built up frustration. SMH. Sad. Two lives ruined.

iAmChan says:

Exactly :shrugs: wtf !

free says:

jeniefrumdabloc says: Again shyt I will never understand and don’t want too

*****************

i did put my lil bros in the bathroom one time while i had summer duty. they cut up so bad i took their azzez out and just dealt with them. stabbing them brutally and throwing them out back? something is just wrong in this world.

plus, the lil girl survived long enough for her dad to come home, find her, and hold her while she died. if she had fessed up earlier, the lil girl probably could have been saved.

VDot says:

:kiss: to my Baby :love: OTB – Happy New Year :cheer:

I’m not saying she deserves longer, I am not saying she doesnt deserve what she got… I DO bellieve she deserves proper treatment/counseling. I feel bad for her in a way because she will never get to experience a Sweet 16, “I’m 18 and I’m GROWN NOW MA! *gets slapped in the mouf*”, and not a proper 21st birthday. #childhoodgone

She stabbed the child , not hit, kick she fawking stabbed :chase: Nah :nono: folks acting like she acted out cause she couldn’t have her way …. like pouting or something :nono:

KayCeiSoul says:

i :heart: sandrarose time warner can kiss my puppylove says:

*******************************************

All of this right here. :cosign:

There is not a family that I know of white or black that didn’t have babysitting siblings. I’m not saying go to the Bahamas on your kids, but it is impossible to turn to day care at ALL times. It’s not about “if you had them you keep them” or “older siblings not being responsible for their kid brother/sister”…it’s about fostering a family setting. A functional family looks out for one another, not do what this selfish, fast & pissy taled, self centered, & mentally disturbed lil’ girl did.

I kept my younger brother at my side when I was coming up. It wasn’t about my mother and father trying to put him off on me. It WAS an assigned responsibility within our family. It kept me out of trouble, and off the streets. NEVER did I have the mental state of mind to harm him in any way. I’m grateful right today for the summers I had to sit my azz on the porch, because many kids didn’t make it through those summers. Those thoughts just weren’t there to hurt my sibling, praise God.

This girl was a bad apple. She had some mental issues BEFORE this happened. I don’t believe for one second that the parents thought she’d take it that far or else they would have taken the baby with them.

But yeah – I see nothing wrong with siblings looking out for other siblings. That takes the “ME ME ME” out of their azzes IMO. :coffee:
      It ain’t about YOU all the dayum time. Start contributing to the success of this family structure, and then learn from this how to care for your own when you have one.

rwilliams4782 says:

Just bc you handle things maturely doesnt mean this person should.. I will smack a bish in a NY minute but I know some ppl are more sane than I am.. she can still recoup. .when she get out she will be a 25 yr old stud named Tee

Str8tUpMenace says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@RAZZ

You always right sometimes. :yes:

Damn it man we just saying she was pissed and wasnt thinking clearly except in a more complex way :lol: We not saying what she did wasnt wrong or taking up for her just having an understanding because most people ask “why” when someone commits a crime.

jeeeeeez!

Audacious2 says:

This story is so sad on many levels. It’s good the stepfather is so forgiving & supportive, hope she takes advantage of the educational resources in jail.

Ms. Everything says:

This story still hurts my heart. I can’t imagine

Ms. Everything says:

@rwilliams you do realize that older children havw been helping with younger siblings since the beginning of time right? And most would never even consider murder. A 13 yo is more than capable of watching a 2 year old here and there. That doesn’t reflect on the parents. Back in my day 13 year olds got paid to babysit. As an actual job. It does not harm them and can be a good way to teach necessary skills and earn money.

This child is a bad seed, something isn’t right, I’m sure her mother is going crazy with the what ifs and whys of the situation. She doesn’t need internet parenting experts doing it for her

anw_rootbeer says:

_____________________________
      I have 7 years on my younger brother. My mom ebing a single parent I was often the “babysitter” I hated it the older I got. She never used it for partying or late night creeps, but I still hates it and actually resented her some what for it. I never considered orbelive I could have killed my little brother regardless of how mad I was at him sometimes.

Porter says:

I’m really disappointed in this verdict. I went to website and watched the video of the court appearance. Tyasia didn’t seem to be the least bit remorseful and seemed more please that she was “only” sentenced to 12 years more than anything else. She waved at her parents, smiled and hugged her attorney, and walked away with her head held straight. The entire outcome has irked me.