Apollo Nida mugshot

Scroll down for updates…

Real Housewives of Atlanta co-star Apollo Nida surrendered to US Marshalls yesterday on charges of bank fraud and aggravated identity fraud. Nida appeared in front of a US magistrate judge at US District Court in downtown Atlanta.

Apollo Nida and Phaedra Parks

Apparently the reality TV show paychecks weren’t enough for him to provide for his growing family with local celebrity attorney Phaedra Parks. Sources say Nida has been quietly committing major bank fraud since he was released from Georgia State prison back in 2009. Despite being a TV star, Nida never officially retired from his life of crime.

If you recall, Nida served time in federal prison for altering VIN numbers on vehicles and other sundry criminal activities. His wife, Phaedra, represented him in that case, which was first reported by Sandrarose.com.

Update: Nida appeared in front of US District Judge Brill yesterday and he was granted a pretrial bond. This is significant because he is currently on state parole in Georgia, and due to the seriousness of his crime the charges usually trigger a state parole violation unless he is cooperating with the government. Is the government planning to prosecute his wife, Phaedra, as well? How much did Phaedra really know? Remember what that book author Angela Stanton said about her?

Update II, 9:15 p.m. ET: This post will be updated with court docs on Monday, Jan. 27.

Gayla St. Julien

Update 3, Jan. 25, 2014, 12:21 a.m. ET: Rodney Ho of the AJC’s Radio & TV Talk has obtained the criminal complaint which details Nida’s criminal enterprises (it’s a lot worse than we thought):

Alexandre Herrera, a U.S. Secret Service Agent in the Counterfeit and U.S. Treasury Check Squad, in a written affidavit, charged that Nida created fake companies, enabling him to access databases to find individuals to rip off. He opened fake bank accounts under those real names and funneled stolen U.S. Treasury checks and auto loan proceeds into those accounts.

The agent in February 2012 began investigating alleged criminal activities of Gayla St. Julien, who he said was opening bank accounts under stolen identities to commit bank and check fraud. The investigation ran until September, 2013. At that point, they found 40 bank accounts tied to her. The complaint provided a sampling of bank accounts totaling about $3 million tied to alleged fraudulent activities.

The office also identified two fake debt-collection businesses used to “illicitly obtain personal identifying information of individuals.” The companies used LexisNexis and Equifax database inquiries to steal identities. St. Julien was arrested on Sept. 11, 2013 by the Secret Service. She implicated Nida as the man who orchestrated many of the alleged fraudulent schemes. She had worked with Nida since 2009.

St. Julien “described herself as NIDA’s ‘right hand b*tch’ in executing the legwork of his fraud schemes,” Herrera wrote. She told him she received “scraps” compared to how much he pocketed.

Nida would allegedly steal real people’s identities and have St. Julien pretend to be them to open bank accounts. She would then deposit fraudulent auto loan checks, stolen U.S. Treasury checks, stolen retirement checks issued to Delta Airlines employees, and checks in the names of real people that were owed unclaimed property from various state and federal government agencies, according to the criminal complaint.

He also opened a fake auto dealership (such as Ferrari Autohaus) and [applied] for auto loans in the names of stolen identities. After the arrest, the agents had St. Julien tape record conversations with Nida in which he explained many of his schemes. At one point, they obtained a federal search warrant of Nida’s vehicle and seized evidence, including a bank debit card in the name of Ferrari Autohaus Inc., cell phones and a laptop computer.

Nida was previously imprisoned from 2004 to 2009 for breaking federal racketeering laws related to auto title fraud. He married Parks, an attorney, in 2009 and they have since had two children.

The U.S. District Judge Gerrilyn G. Brill released Nida on a pretrial bond of $25,000. A preliminary hearing is set for Feb. 12, 2014.
Sandra Rose broke the story earlier today.

A PR agency spokeswoman who represents Parks declined to comment, saying it’s not their policy to talk about “the personal lives of our clients. Should anything change we will let you know.”

Stay tuned for further developments on this breaking story!

109 Responses to “*UPDATE* RHOA Reality Star Apollo Nida Charged With Bank Fraud, Identity Theft, Stolen Checks, Forgery”

missmiami says:

:waiting:

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

Lawd… poor Phaedra. I just wish she hadn’t been so vocal about having a “clean” man when Cynthia and Peter were getting married. :no:

glass houses… :nono: :tea:

nybrn2 says:

Lawd have mercy….you gotta be careful when you throwing shade chile……

@nybrn2

so true, so true, smh :no:

Whaaaaaaaaaa :popcorn: Say WERD!

weFukNorNah says:

They gonna call him donkey booty in prison

Just Looking says:

Really? :think: :think:

:ashamed:

“Everybody Knows this is a setup”; said; in Mrs. Phardra Parks voice”

sundry <— :heart:

Afiya says:

Look how he suckin’ on that pickle, YEP, he like that jail lovin’ :yes:
    Them hoes ain’t know what they were doing, he going back to what he knows best :sheep:

Just Looking says:

@Mac – :love: BOL

Artisy self. It’s Friday let your hair down. :nun:

Why cause it look like a donkey kicked his booty :popcorn: you know his booty look caved in

weFukNorNah says:

He got a pedophile stache in the first pic

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

I am not a fan of Phaedra’s purely because of the way she always tries to act like she’s so ‘above it all’ in every aspect of life and like she’s ‘the one’ they all look to for all things ‘upper crust-ity’… she even tried to act like it was all her when they went to south africa, talking about ‘I always try to expose my friends to culture’ or some such mess, when it was clear that some of the group already knew people there, and Cynthia had been there during her travels as a model. I don’t like the ‘airs’ she put on :no:

But this, this I feel sorry for her…

Just Looking says:

Why this ain’t hit the Associated Press yet? :think: It’s been a day?

Sandra your TEA is Pipping HOT. SCALDING

weFukNorNah says:

All their husbands shady…Peter was crooked when he ran with Diddy and biggie. .Greg fraudulent too..can’t trust nobody who had Grey teef

Trendsetter says:

:tea:

Hax says:

You’d think people would learn to not mess. Do they seriously think they’re going to get away with committing fraud? Messy people, I tell you.

Just Looking says:

Grey teef :biggrin:

Just Looking says:

Sandra your TEA is Pipping HOT. SCALDING

Thanks hun. I have good sources. :yes:

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

Sandra, are they taping now? Will this be on the next season?

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

“bank fraud and aggravated identity fraud”

hmmmm…
    …wait a minute. :think:

I know what! Apollo, bet not be the one messed up my shopping relationship with Target! :mad:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

:facepalm:
    LAWD they (Kenya) are going to go in on Phae
    AND she has two little boys. I know she is a strong successful woman but as a wife and mother this has to be so heartbreaking … And humiliating if it’s true. I mean she is a LAWYER for goodness sake.
    SR thanks for the post. Keep us updated on this during the work week.

weFukNorNah says:

Fugg is aggravated ID theft

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

They stealing her story… Lemme get outta here.. The FEDS is watching :kona:

MrsL says:

Really Apollo? Served your time and now you f’ed up again. :spank:

MrsL says:

BTW, that pickle photo has always bothered me. :sideeye:

@Taken :hahaha: u crazy!

That UPDATE though :no: Nawl Sandra, not Phaedra too!? :no:
    Lawd them babies need they mama. I hope she got more sense than that :pray:

says:

:gossip: SCANDALOUS i say! :popcorn:

weFukNorNah says:

But my homie was denied bond for a pound of weed….

says:

sThisThingOn…Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

“bank fraud and aggravated identity fraud”

hmmmm…
    …wait a minute. :think:

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

Lawd, Sandra got these posts all topsy-turvy…

I :waves: ‘d to you downstairs, Fay! You say you jess use jury cleana on yo’ platinum terlit, huh? :hahaha:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

But my homie was denied bond for a pound of weed….
    by weFukNorNah on Jan 24, 2014 at 5:42 pm
    ——–
    Shut your dumb behind up :spank:
    But for real tho. They still filming? :popcorn:

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

I’m still tickled that Taken ran out like a real raid was about to happen! :hahaha: I can just see her running and clutching her housecoat… Lawd :rofl: :rofl:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Let’s talk about this. I got like 5 minutes :waiting:
    I wonder if Phaedra mama the pastress is going to pray over them
    I wonder if they will stop calling the new son Mr. President and instead Future Felon
    I wonder if they arrest Phae is they will make a parison work out DVD
    I wonder if Apollo will be able to keep those prison niggas off him late at night :crying1:

MrsL says:

Y’all think Phaedra really involved in this ish? I can’t see her being that dumb….him, yes.

Oh, she byke. *dries tears – she ain’t That funny* :rolleyes:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

@Is: I am so scared. I scrambled my IP address. I feel so cold without my housecoat on :cold: I am risking everything to :typing: font you. I am SEW BRAVE. I’ll die fo this

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Oh. I can leave. You wana talk or nah? You got 3 minutes :hahaha:

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

You better ask rwilliams about them IP addresses. Word on the blog is ‘somebody’ already got everybody’s (but you ain’t heard it from me)! :scared:

@Tami

you look like you wanna tell us something. come sit :scared:

:popcorn:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Oh yea I forgot VIP be :shotsfired: ready to rumble!!!! :lol: if he researching me I got my cable and Internet bill in my kid’s names :eek:

Trendsetter says:

Suddenly I have an urge for a pickle.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Yea Tami. We all friends here :popcorn:
    I heard Appllo be cheating and talking bad about Phae. Whatchu got??

Trendsetter says:

IsThisThingOn…Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

____________________________

:blink:

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

Chile, if he break through over here, he’ll be down the court house with Apollo. We sears ’bout ours, :hahaha:

BeautifullBee says:

Wow! How embarrassing. Phaedra had to know something was going on.

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

Phaedra had to know something was going on.

——————-

she probably somewhere lawyered-up and passing out gag orders right now!

weFukNorNah says:

:tea: … idc if a mf want my IP that’s their creep like azz

weFukNorNah says:

My IP said I was in Iowa.

yeah, i didn’t fully understand the ‘threat’ of it :shrug:
    i guess that was a queened-out e-mill (electronic windmill) :hahaha: :rofl:

Iowa?!

Ain’t that the ‘dust bowl’? That ain’t for ‘us’ – we need moisture, humidity even :nono:

Nhere says:

I’m sure Phaedra knew something was up with all his “Tommy like” jobs.

weFukNorNah says:

Tommy was a drug dealer

Lawd! Lemme check nenes and Kenya’s twitter. Smh

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Uh oh dey watching I’m gone. :kona:

iscream says:

This is going to make RHWOA even more funny Sunday when she has that over the top event like only Phedra could.

Is her baby real name Mr. President?

Afiya says:

@MsTake :hahaha: you retarded…I :love: it!!

pointhimout says:

I’ll go back and read the comments in a sec. I’ve always said Angela Stanton’s story is believable. And this just adds fuel to the fire. I stopped drinking Phaedra’s kool-aid 2 seasons into her being on RHOA. I was like nah, you’re a shady person and I can’t rock with that. When Phaedra took cash money from her client on camera for RHOA, that was enough for me. If she was bold enough to do that on cam, you can only imagine the crimes she and Apollo have committed off camera.

I’ve said in a few posts that I don’t envy or hate on anybody’s success. I also don’t applaud it because there is ALWAYS a story behind how people get what they got (homes, cars, etc). Apollo will go away a long time on this one, especially being on probation for the VIN crimes they committed years back. Phaedra will try to explain this away or say it’s still pending and she can’t talk about it. He slithering around town in a snow white beamer, she in her white benz, and they’re new home in the “Beverly Hills of the South,” Buckhead.

When I saw they bought a house in Buckhead, I was like really? How? Here’s the answer. She can spin it however she wants. Your actions are an indication of your character. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

He’s sexy as hell though, irrelevant, but still.

pointhimout says:

*their new home

FuturedocDonte says:

—-
    :eek:

kamadiva says:

WOW!

I wonder if a certain blogger in the “A” will post this story as she seems to tailor stories in a favorable light when it comes to Pheadra.

But wait until you see the young breezy that Apollo was taking afternoon naps with while Phaedra was at home caring for his chirren. :yes: I wouldn’t be surprised if Phaedra herself tipped the feds off to get him thrown back in prison to get back at this young girl. And, that’s not all: Bravo’s producers want her to come on the show to tell her side of the story — his jump off, that is. :yes:

I think Apollo is sexy. Seems a bit immature though…(obviously)

Saw what Sandra! Dang…I thought Phaedra had him in check. I never did see what he saw in her…other than image. I don’t think Phaedra’s pride will not allow herself to be put out there like that though with the jump-off coming on the show. That’s sheer embarrassment

newmom87 says:

Whoa @ the latest update…I remember when he said he does “asset recovery” been trying to figure out what dat means since den smh

spiceykay says:

@sandrarose. I would imagine that the you women would look the exact opposite of Phaedra. She did say he was in asset recovery, so ain’t no telling what she did or didn’t know. This is crazy especially since they have little babies.

anw_rootbeer says:

CHILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just Looking says:

Sandra your tea is hotter than

Earl Grey and Lipton

This is too crazy for reality tv. Truly I am shocked. IS dude on dope? How could he be so stupid?
    Was getting money for another family? I have so many questions.
    Phardrea had to know….this explains her new career choice. Convicted criminals and accessories to bs can still work with the dead.

Prison must be his go to :facepalm:

BigCityGirl says:

I can’t believe the arrogance and stupidity!!! He will definitely be going back to jail!!!!

And Sandra I must give you your props!!! You were all over this…Your blog is definitely the go to for BREAKING NEWS STORIES…I don’t comment much anymore but I always check you out everyday. Happy New Year and keep doing what you do…

Chile looks at all the ping backs :popcorn: Sandra you did well my dear :clap: :rofl:

pointhimout says:

I never got “in love” from their relationship. I could tell from the start this was a business move. What lawyer marries an ex-con unless they have a vested interest? It aint that much damn love or loneliness in the world idc what Phaedra says. And then her strong interest in the funeral business. Nah bae, you’re about to go “underworld” on us and charge a hefty fee to make missing people permanently disappear. That has been my gut feeling, I could be wrong or right.

I also don’t buy she was not aware of his business dealings, but of course she’s going to play it to the left. If it’s likely he can somehow, by the grace of God, Allah, Jesus, and Buddah he’ll get cleared of this, she’ll tell a story that says she knew he was innocent, and it wasn’t Apollo, but his business partners.

If she knows he’s going to prison for a very long time, she pull the ‘it caught me by surprise..he disappointed me, hurt our family, bs, bs, bs.’ Shady Phae Phae. Ya know, when he said he did asset recovery, I just thought he was a collection agent. I wonder if they’ll look into property he has purchased in his name for pennies on the $$$ when said properties were valued at 100k+, but you got it for 9-12k average??? Naw, y’all got a lot of shady stuff going on in that household over there.

More reason why I ignore anybody in Atlanta who’s “getting it.” I don’t think she’d tip the authorities. She’s left with 2 kids, she will not get his ill gotten gains or money, etc. So I’m not sure how tipping them off helps her situation.

Thanks Jenie and BigCityGirl! :waves: The other bloggers are just mad they didn’t spill the tea first. :hahaha:

SouthernPrincess says:

I have always believed Angela’s story.
    Phaedra isn’t clean in this, however she is busy hiring the best lawyers and PR people she can to spin this from her.
    When she makes a public statement it will be very orchestrated and totally deflect from her

BeautifullBee says:

Jump off? Do tell.

So that hotel receipt/Holiday Inn story that came out some months ago isn’t too far fetched then. Interesting.

Atypical says:

Hrm. I always believed Angela Stanton too. She was always very adamant about her story. It never changed and was super detailed. I always thought it was weird that not even Phaedra could say what his job was… Stealing folks identities. :blink: Allegedly.

Audacious2 says:

Wow! This is really shocking, cause Apollo never strike me as being this intelligent to pull off this sort of scam. It seems he was a real easy sucker for the real master mind behind this scheme. Apollo comes off as very slow to me. I sure hope Phaedra doesn’t represent him, cause we’ve seen her court hustle and flow show. Lol, with Sheree

SouthernPrincess says:

Sandra, what are your thoughts on Michelle. SFTA and funky dineva. Neither of them are covering this. I didnt think Michelle would. She is very biased to Phaedra but funky dineva usually goes in on anyone. Kandi hired him for her play and he has been on her radio show but he still talk about her and her momma
    The only 2 covering this from atl is you and Tamara

pointhimout says:

So this is what he was working on when he was in L.A. the same time as Kenya (the time she mentioned on the reunion). It was probably under a bogus name or at least sm1 else’s dime. That damn Apollo. He can never come back from this. Hide your wallets, hide your purses, guard your ss#’s until Apollo leaves the building.

pointhimout says:

@81 Funky Dineva has some ties to Kandi, her protege, she funds his site, etc. It’s something, I just can’t call it right now. So with she and Phaedra being friends, he would never post this story or give an unbiased opinion.

SouthernPrincess says:

@Pointhimout….Thanks…I will be interesting to see how all of this unfolds

free says:

so now we know how he’s dropping $8k a nite on hoes in the strip club…. something tell me phae knows, she has probably been working to separate herself from all of this when the shyt hits the fan. she wants to get rid of him anyway.

free says:

and now kenya has posted a video of chris williams where he clearly states he’s single. this is gonna be a day!

23 Pingbacks

[…] to our blog buddy Sandra Rose, Real Housewives of Atlanta Reality Star Apollo Nida surrendered to US Marshalls yesterday after a […]

[…] It looks like Porsha Williams isn’t the only one dealing with the law this week,  it is reported that Apollo Nida husband to Pheadra Parks will be headed back to the clink as he was arrested for alleged bank fraud. According to reports: […]

[…] Real Housewives of Atlanta’s Apollo Nida Charged with Bank Fraud – via SandraRose.com […]

[…] the group will either lose one of its members or the tour will be cut short.  In breaking news: SandraRose has posted the scoop that Apollo Nida (husband of attorney Phaedra Parks)  has been charged with […]

[…] to the website Sandra Rose, “Nida appeared in front of US District Judge Brill yesterday and he was granted a pretrial […]

[…] *UPDATE* RHOA Reality Star Apollo Nida Charged With Bank Fraud, Identity Theft, Stolen Checks, Forge… […]

[…] yesterday on bank fraud and massive identity theft, and TMZ has just confirmed the news. How Aunt Sandra Rose found out, we all would like to know, but I knew from the very specific federal court language that […]

[…] to reports, in a story originally reported by Sandra Rose, Nida then allegedly opened fake bank accounts in the names of the victims and then somehow got […]

[…] is the actual criminal complaint:  PS - Sandra Rose is on top of this story – so go there for the latest updates.  The complaint is […]

[…] blogger SandraRose broke the story on Friday as I was enjoying Grammy week in L.A., […]

[…] Friday, Sandrarose.com broke the news that the husband of Real Housewives of Atlanta star Phaedra Parks was arrested on charges of bank […]

[…] unlikely that Phaedra knew nothing…she is just smart enough to keep her hands relatively clean. http://sandrarose.com/2014/01/update…ft/#more-95667 The charges are pretty serious and Apollo is on parole so he is in deep […]

[…] Sandra Rose broke the news yesterday (January 24, 2013)  Apollo Nida, husband to Real Housewives of Atlanta Phaedra Parks  surrendered to US Marshalls  [on January 23, 2013] on charges of bank fraud and aggravated identity fraud. Apollo Nida appeared in front of a US magistrate judge at US District Court in Atlanta. […]