Jason Collins in a Nets uniform

The Brooklyn Nets signed 35-year-old bench rider Jason Collins to a 10-day contract on Sunday. According to sources, President Obama called in a favor to his good friend, minority team owner and rapper Jay Z.

Normally, this type of signing wouldn’t register a blip in the news. But Collins recently announced he is a homosexual — after dating a woman for 8 years. Now he is celebrated for his sexual proclivities — not for his subpar basketball average of 1.1 points per game.

Jason Collins signs contract

Even the Nets’ explanation of why they signed Collins reeked of homosexual undertones.

“The decision to sign Jason was a basketball decision,” Nets general manager Billy King said in a statement. “We needed to increase our depth inside, and with his experience and size, we felt he was the right choice for a 10-day contract.”

Collins entered Sunday’s game against the LA Lakers at 10:28 in the 2nd quarter to a smattering of applause from the crowd. And since he was only on the floor for show, his play did not impact the game, which the Nets won 108-102.

Jason Collins comment

You still don’t believe Collins’ signing was a PR stunt? Would the Nets normally tweet out a photo of a scrub signing a contract?

Meanwhile, Monica Brown’s husband, Shannon Brown, an excellent point guard, will soon be a free agent if the Spurs don’t re-sign him to a regular season contract. Brown signed two 10-day contracts with the San Antonio Spurs last month. But his signing went largely unnoticed by the news media. There were no headlines, no hype, and no photos of Brown signing his contract.

The obvious message to the youth is, if you live an unhealthy sexual lifestyle you will be celebrated and held aloft as a pillar of society.

But the Nets’ social experiment may soon backfire on them. If they don’t sign Collins to a regular season contract they will be accused of caving in to homophobic pressure.

• Jason Collins: “I’m a 34-year-old NBA center. I’m black. And I’m gay”
  • Metrosexual Rapper A$AP Rocky Apologizes for Being Rude to Gay NBA Player
  • Health Officials Urge Gay Men to Get Vaccinated for Meningitis
  • Jason Collins’ Ex-Fiancee Had No Idea He Was Gay
  • Photos: Brooklyn Nets and Twitter.com

109 Responses to “President Obama Calls in Favor to Jay Z; Brooklyn Nets Sign Openly Gay Jason Collins”

pointhimout says:

I hear he’s trash and folks not liking him as a player had nothing to do with his sexuality. Being same sex oriented and playing me n my dearest Trey Songz nuptials, I can respect that. Guys were on twitter clownin his game, not his sexuality.

How much is he getting paid for 10 days work? I know it’s in the six figures.

SOTHERNGRL says:

We needed to increase our depth inside, and with his experience and size,
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Is this the :homo: undertone. I just wanna be sure I’m reading right.

gbellab says:

Thank you Sandra for telling it like it is. So blatant.

Hershey says:

_____________________________________

Should the media have been there for a ten day contract signing? :shrugs: I think Shannon’s a decent player, far better than this dud, but being gay is the hottest accesory right now. :blink: #truth

I Run New York says:

I don’t know if you guys saw but Luda wants full custody and for Tamika to pay him child support.

Buttercup says:

:crying: Hershey, you play too much. I can’t stand that gravi!!!!

UMMMHHH Jay Z had to see his 1% to acquire his Agency.
      President Obama would have had to call the russian, NO?

Although I believe this could have been PA stunt, I DON’T believe the President called in a favor. Where’s the proof? :lol: I think he has better things to worry about.

~~~~~~~~~
      Sandrita you didnt Even Know. Ummh Shannon is about as good as Jason
      :shrug:

says:

I Run New York says:

D Wade done started a trend. it’s the new ‘get outta CS move’ :yes:

now had he sued for full custody when the child was 1st born, then he might not get so much side-eye. but since he didn’t? :tea:

says:

gm erryones! :hi:

if you live an unhealthy sexual lifestyle
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      :stop:

TAKE IT BYKE

:mad:

Beta says:

I Run New York says:

__________________________

Yeah I saw it and I think he’s full of shyt FOB or not :tea: trying to take a child from their mother when she has not been proven to be incompetent :nono:

Starr says:

Jay z gave up his stake in the nets to become an owner….but nice try to the source though

I Run New York says:

Yeah TM, it looks suspect because he didn’t ask for custody until she requested child support. Prior to that, he had never even seen the kid.

Buttercup says:

Halle still has to pay Gabe child support even though they share custody :coffee:

unhealthy sexual lifestyle
      ———-
      I felt some kinda way about tht too Dubb. :no:

PUBLICITY :woot:
      I wonder can he turn back straight next month :thinking: and then what will happen? :shrug: #nobodycares

Fay :kiss:
      LuvLife :handshake: *snickers*

:shotsfired: WOULDN’T NOBODY BE feeding my newborn, YOU BETTER GO HAVE YOUR OWN :eek:

VDot says:

. Ummh Shannon is about as good as Jason

_____________________________

This made me snicker :lol:

SOTHERNGRL says:

Yeah I saw it and I think he’s full of shyt FOB or not trying to take a child from their mother when she has not been proven to be incompetent
      ********************
      @Beta and he bet not bring up that she is a stripper, or waitress at a strip club because you knew allothat before you ran yo lil scrawny dyck up in there. As I said he is getting the serious side eye from me FOTB or not.

VDot says:

WOULDN’T NOBODY BE feeding my newborn, YOU BETTER GO HAVE YOUR OWN

:rofl: You think they’d be pulling out a breast trying to feed the baby powdered milk? Talmabout, my milk must not have come in? :eek:

Buttercup says:

ION have no issue with that :no:
      Gabe should be able to give Nahla everything she needs (with Halle’s money) :shrug: #itdoesgobothways :tea:

You been fugging this chick for YEARS according to mannie mannie sources.
      You and her was “Lovers and Friends”
      She gets knocked.
      Now you want custody.
      And for her to pay you child support.

Who hurt you Chris? *Gabby lip quiver*

You doin hoe activities…With hoe like tendencies

V. You joking, I’m not lmao….

Pinching the baby
      Squeezing the baby
      Not loving the baby

TOO MUCH she or her friends could do :nono:

Hershey says:

oooh Who dat :blink: I shole was thinking the same thing…when he had custody of the coochie it was all gravy, but now that there’s a child involved she’s unfit, wasn’t she unfit back then too? :coffee:

PLUS this all tells me that no one has his best interest because this will cost him down the line. Public perception is HUGE.

He’s acting like he’s just a Wrapper still :shrug:

Welp #aintmyfeult :tea:

Gigi26 says:

The President can’t call Jay Z because ole buddy holds no weight when it comes to the team..PR as it may be, the truth is Jason is a center so his points don’t need to be up there with the rest of em. He’s not a scorer. He’s not the best at what he does but lets be real Sandra, Shannon ain’t that damn good either. Compared to Parker, Duncan n Ginobili, Shannon can sit on the bench.

He’ll be good on the Lakers though, he played well with them.

Playing reindeer games with the blogs too, nah son grown up :tea:

Oh Lordt. You’re one of those people that finds a way to blame everything on the Prez. For one thing Jay Z sold his little teeny tiny morsel of the Nets that he owned. Secondly, I’d like to think that a presidential favor would result in more than a 10-day contract.

Afiya says:

:smack: @SR and her write-up, LAWD :stop: Obama ain’t have shyt to do with this fool…………………or did he? :thinking:

:rofl: at yall taking this one seriously :rofl:

It gets the people going :lol:

says:

DTTS! :cheer: GM mami! how yew?

i’m wondering if SR is gonna skip over Luda’s bid for custody or put her on spin on it? :waiting:

Playing reindeer games with the blogs too, nah son grown up

Gigi26 says:

And that smear campaign is disgusting to say the least. Whether Luda likes it or not that is the mother of his child. Do fukkin better. That is disrespectful and not to say CLASSLESS since she does, you know, HAVE YOUR DAUGHTER which is also a woman. Would you like a man to treat your daughters the way you treat their mothers? Niggas nowadays i’ll tell ya, their “single” mothers have let them hang on the tit for too long :tea:

says:

Gigi26 says:

:goodpost:

i wonder is Luda considering the fact that BM might have some beans of her own to spill? :think:

Fay, I hope it gets skipped over, because otherwise Imma have to flip the channel. We’re too opinionated. We have lived too much to believe the hype ETC. :tea:

Beta says:

Chiilleee :tea:

Floyd Mayweather SR. wants to fight :facepalm:

JerseyGirl68 says:

Jason Collins is a b*tch. He used his sexuality, not his athleticism, ink him a contract.

Why hasn’t Barry called Mr. Brown for being a faithful married heterosexual?

zurishay says:

1.1 points tho? The Nets are paying for a bench warmer. I can do that…

luVn_liFe… says:

Floyd Mayweather SR. wants to fight :facepalm:

:box: I’ll fight him! We’re the same height :lol:

Jay Z don’t own his .008% of the Nets anymore. He was a show monkey for the Nets to get that new stadium and time they got it his “ownership” was yanked back time that chit went down. :lol:

Dumb azz Jay Z….

Beta says:

JerseyGirl68 says:

Jason Collins is a b*tch.

:huh:

Floyd Mayweather SR. wants to fight

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Daddy Mayweather needs to have a SEAT. That nukka look like ALL MY LIFE I HAD TO FIGHT ANY DAYUM WAY.

Jason Collins was signed cause he 7 feet tall and 250+lbs. That’s it.

The taller you are the clumsier and dumber you are. His only job is be 7 feet tall and 250+lbs. He doesn’t have the coordination or brain power to do anything other than just be big and foul actual talented players. :lol:

Remma what Floyd Senior used to look like when he had them braids in his head?

Looked’ded like the Predator.

Why hasn’t Barry called Mr. Brown for being a faithful married heterosexual?
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :huh: tell us how YA Really Feel.

@Smurfette Not money mayweather HIS FATHER :hahaha:

Afiya says:

I’m confused, I thought Eudoxie and him were friends and Tamika was a jump-off?

Afiya says:

Who Floyd SR wanna fight…fathertime? :oldman: sit yo azz down! :smack:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      :eek:

The dude graduated from Sanford I do belee.

Gigi26 says:

——————————
      Ummm what in the fukk does him being married and a family man got to do with him being unemployed in the NBA? :rofl:

Niggas get released in the NBA everyday B. Married and single :rollseyes:

Contract waivers don’t have shyt to do with marital status.

@WHO DAT
      “The taller you are the clumsier and dumber you are. His only job is be 7 feet tall and 250+lbs. He doesn’t have the coordination or brain power
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The dude graduated from Sanford I do belee.”
      ________________________

So did Richard Sherman. :shrugs:

@GIGI
      “The NBA should be ashamed of itself if Shannon Brown is unemployed. A married family man.
      ——————————

Niggas get released in the NBA everyday B. Married and single

Contract waivers don’t have shyt to do with marital status.

Shannon ought to feel some kind of way. He was the 4th pick in the draft to now he got women tryin to get him a job cause he a good “house husband.”

:facepalm: <<Shannon reading this chit

:huh:
      Some Thangs JUST make no sense HERE

:tea:

capricorn83 says:

——————————

Niggas get released in the NBA everyday B. Married and single

Contract waivers don’t have shyt to do with marital status.

JerseyGirl68 says:

@Sandra I am feeling bullied by some of your readers.

Beta says:

Some people you mean Luvn :lol:

Gigi says:

Lawd… :hahaha: :hahaha:

*stops laughing and considers the possibility that Gigi may have some undiagnosed form of turrets* :think:

(cause Lawd bless her, she just say ANYthang :rofl: )

And I meant *Stanford.

And yes so did Richard Sherman. And Richard is also in the middle of a Masters program.

What makes either one of them dumb to you though? Just asking. :shrug:

LuvLife
      MaySR is the same height as me too! :rofl:
      I can take him :trophy: lmao

Beta says:

Ah shyt here we go again :facepalm:

Its okay. I dont think bully is the right term. Difference of opinon.

Trouble dont last always though. It will pass.

Afiya :stop: trying to stop “my fight against Mayweather Sr.”

—–
      No one should call anyone outta their name :nono:

SOTHERNGRL says:

Its okay. I dont think bully is the right term. Difference of opinon.
      Trouble dont last always though. It will pass.
      ************** :shrug: HEY :shrug:

@Dubb – *whispers* (none of those 7-footers need ‘height adjusters’) :wink:

MaySR is the same height as me too! :rofl:
      I can take him :trophy: lmao
      CTHU!

ewwh Simon Cowells, GF just had a baby 10 days ago, Simon and her were on the beach, Her in a BATHING SUIT.
      :hurl:

Buttercup says:

Trouble dont last always though. It will pass.
      =========
      Heeeeeey :woohoo:

felinelurker says:

Isthisthing… I missed your question. Yes, I am from that area.

Afiya says:

Sandra said don’t air your dirty drawls in public….e-mail her! :winky:

@DUB
      Look, Jason Collins is big dumb galoot. :shrugs: That’s what he is. He was doomed to be no more than that once he grew to seven feet. That’s what happens to people who are that big. :coffee:

Gigi26 says:

———————-
      :rofl: :rofl: I know right! Shannon is good no doubt but please miss me with the he’s the best. Did he even make the All-Star team :rofl:

oh hail… :bite:

*runs out of post* :kona:

:kona: *runs byke in to grab Dubb cause we don’t want no ‘trouble’ :kona:

@MIC CHECK
      “@Dubb – *whispers* (none of those 7-footers need ‘height adjusters’)

they prolly can’t read “height adjusters.”

Buttercup says:

I can’t stand Sothern :crying1:

Michael Sam disappoints in the 40, a day after disappointing in the bench press
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~
      welP we wont have to see the circus that will follow SAM :tea:

Is she Manatee-like LuvLife? :tea:

Today is the Day I get serious about my calorie intake . . . as soon as I finish this slice of red velvet cheese cake :pizza:

SOTHERNGRL says:

I can’t stand Sothern
      ***********************
      IT. AINT. MY. FAULT. :rofl: Blame @dub

I am feeling bullied by some of your readers.
      ——–
      Tell us moreeee :popcorn:

Say what Nahhh SMURFETTE, U know ION ride NO Manatees , Fl will throw you up under the jail bout that!

You doin hoe activities…With hoe like tendencies
      ———-
      :ghost:

Jason Collins career avg. 3.6 pts per game
      Shannon Brown career avg. 8.0 pts per game

Afiya says:

Who name-calling DTTS…point em out :box: :hahaha:

Luvn, I tried to like that red velvet cake but um I can’t :( BUT you said CHEESE CAKE now :thinking:

2know the ledge excuses are for the weak says:

i guess being advance in the arts gets u a whole lot now huh?

LuvLife
      Settle down! :chase: after your cake slice lol.

I’m talmbout Simons BM. You said she was on thee beach :eek: #ketchup

I am feeling bullied by some of your readers.
      ——–
      Tell us moreeee
      ——
      :huh:

Jersey How do you feel bullied love?

I’m talmbout Simons BM. You said she was on thee beach
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :hahaha: LMAO

Yes :oops:

Not now Afiya :stop: #youonthebackburner *snickers*

Hey Baby :kiss:
      How was your weekend? :)

gbellab says:

Thank you Sandra for telling it like it is. So blatant.

You’re welcome hun. Someone has to do it. :coffee:

pointhimout says:

And with an ass like that, Shannon should be working. Monica’s so lucky I swear. I saw a clip of Shannon dropping them boxers and that nice bright booty was just there, firm and all.

In life, the squeakiest wheel gets the oil. We all know talent alone will not get Shannon another contract. What’s with these 10 day contracts when many of these teams have bench warmers on lock for years?

Who we need to rally to 2 get Shannon some attn? The hawks waived some guy this weekend too. He’s so foregettable that I don’t care to even google. The tweets were saying he spent more time on social media instead of perfecting his craft. He went to the D-league.

Sandra, who has Shannon pissed off? You know it all starts with your relationships.

2know the ledge excuses are for the weak says:

DTTS :hugs: it was exhausting how was yours love

Gigi26 says:

Actually, Jay Z has the Russian’s ear. So, um, yeah. :coffee:

@ Gigi, I Run New York, ™: Do any of you read my blog??? The Luda full custody request was covered already http://sandrarose.com/2014/02/who-is-watching-the-baby-while-ludacris-baby-mama-attends-hawks-games/

They got rid of Reggie Evans and now say they need a “big man” lol

JerseyGirl68 says:

@Sandra I am feeling bullied by some of your readers.

Email me their names and the comment numbers so I can investigate your complaint.

I Run New York says:

I heard the Bulls are looking at Shannon Brown.

JuanHustle says:

Jay Z definitely doesn’t own any stake in that franchise anymore. It’s against league rules to own stake in a franchise and be a league agent. Source wrong.