Ebony Wilkerson

A pregnant South Carolina woman will be charged with 3 counts of attempted murder, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Ebony Wilkerson, 32, drove her family’s minivan into the ocean off Daytona Beach, Florida on Tuesday. Witnesses said Wilkerson rolled up the windows and told bystanders everything was fine. But her 3 children told a different story. The frantic children rolled a window down and told bystanders their mother was trying to kill them.

“She told them to close their eyes and go to sleep. She was trying to take them to a better place,” Volusia County Sheriff Ben Johnson said. He said Wilkerson denied wanting to harm her children — ages 10, 9, and 3.

Wilkerson is reportedly linked to a fatal traffic accident that occurred in Delray Beach on Feb. 23, 2007.

The Post and Courier reports Wilkerson changed lanes on Interstate 95, causing another driver to lose control of his vehicle and slam into a tree. The driver survived but his 35-year-old wife died from her injuries 2 weeks later.

Wilkerson was cited for improper lane change, according to court records.

Hours before the Daytona Beach incident, Wilkerson’s sister called Daytona Beach police to say Wilkerson talked about demons before leaving the house with the children. Jessica Harrell told police she hid the keys to the minivan to prevent her sister from leaving. She said Wilkerson found another set of keys and left the house.

Police stopped the black Honda Odyssey a short time later, but they had to let Wilkerson go because she was “lucid” and did not present a danger to herself or the public.

The police report stated the children were sitting quietly, smiling, and showed no signs of distress.

After driving into the ocean, Wilkerson jumped out of the driver’s side window and did not attempt to save her children. Bystanders and lifeguards carried the children to safety.

Wilkerson was admitted into a psych facility for a court ordered mental evaluation.

Johnson said the children “were a bit shaken up by the incident,” but they were uninjured. “They are in our protective custody and they are safe.”

“You’re supposed to protect your children at all costs,” Johnson said at a news conference. “You’re not supposed to try to kill your children.”

Mugshot provided by: Splash News

131 Responses to “Attempted murder charges for pregnant mom who drove minivan into sea with her 3 children inside”

Struggleisreal says:

DAMN DAMN DAMN – She is African American.

Gigi26 says:

She looks insane. PERIOD.

:no: I’m glad the children were rescued but its gonna take therapy to get them back to normal.

Her sister should’ve called the cops when she left the house though but she did what she could in hiding the keys so can’t really blame her too much.

YoSoyXamaycan says:

Smdh Happy those bystanders were able to save the kids. I dont know how one could harm children let alone their own. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Fugg she got that look :eek:

She has mental issues. She’s got too!

I saw that on the news. Thank you GOD for placing those people at the right place and at the right time :pray:

I hope the babies get into counseling, and get alittle bit spoiled :love:

and bytch you going to jail……. ya black them the rules :rules:

I heard the 911 call of the sister telling them she is leaving right now and she has the kids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :no:

Poor KIDS. . . Wait isnt she preggos as well??

Iola Boylan says:

I knew she was special from jump. The picture confirms it. Regardless of how we feel, this case need be handled with care. The kids survived, so lets get over it and get this woman the help she needs :yes:

Wasting time says:

SMH; why not 4, isn’t she pregnant..

And pregnant damn :blink:
    The fugg ish enough is enough :blink:

and get alittle bit spoiled
    ~~~~

I re read the post… scratch #8

Struggleisreal says:

Well last night on CNN they played the audio tape of her sister trying to call 911. Her sister tried to prevent her from taking the car and the kids, but she responded that her sister had demons in her house. Apparently her husband was very abusive. This is sad, don’t understand why men abuse women.

LOW SELF ESTEEM ****KAS. He will PAY FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE TO THIS WOMEN. HE WILL PAY.

And yet, its ok to kill someone elses child. Florida- Bye Ashy :bye:

Wasting time says:

You right DTTS; thank guys those men where there and ran in the ocean.

Struggleisreal says:

*****AS Sorry

she drove from so.carolina to dayTona?

Brenden1, I said she had to be mental yesterday, because who really drives into the friggin ocean, only someone that’s not thinking right…

My other thought was did she intend to kill them only, and get out and save herself :shrug:

Sad, all the way around :tea:

Struggleisreal says:

She had been treated in a mentally facility and was released and the family pleaded that she needed additional help. This is very tragic story.

Her husband is a FU*CK*ER

On another Note, did anyone see the story of the white guy flying his KKK flag outside of his trailer home down here in So.Fla??

*fyi* it aint like North Florida Down here. His ass took it down and is in hiding :lol:

And yet, its ok to kill someone elses child. Florida- Bye Ashy

:cosign: and what was that white chick that drowned all 3 of her kids :thinking:

Wasting time says:

The cops even spoke to her and she said she was going to the shelter because of the abuse and they couldn’t stop her because she didn’t present as a threat at the time. I hope her husband don’t get the kids why she in lock up

SummerBaby says:

Hopefully the kids can grow up w/minimal emotional baggage due to this. :brokenheart: I feel so bad for those babies that had to experience such a traumatic evident at the hands of their own mother.

One of the rescuers said one of the kids said “Please help. Our Mom is trying to kill us”

:no:

Struggleisreal says:

The Women Shelter turned her away as well, said they ain’t have enough room, but of course jail is always appropriate place for abused women. FL can kiss my grits.

Fortunately one is is BLESSED not to have experienced living with a monster. You will never understand somebody pounding on your head. Mentally and Physically and you are strong, this is what happens. LAWD I’m praying for her. So Sad. I can’t.

Have a good one!

My God. :no: I’m speechless… :pray: for her and her children (especially the unborn) :pray:

Struggleisreal says:

*Unless you are Strong…The above will happen or worse

Really Strong.

San ah make ya dance says:

These people will not get creative :shrugs: :no:

Wasting time says:

SMH; why not 4, isn’t she pregnant..

She wasn’t trying to kill herself or the unborn child.

San ah make ya dance says:

She just tried to kill them tho, not herself. BISH

Struggleisreal says:

Some women can drive a man to be abusive. I mean, they are men. They can only take so much.

Wasting time says:

Wasting time says:

SMH; why not 4, isn’t she pregnant..

She wasn’t trying to kill herself or the unborn child.
    :hi: Sandra

Oh Ok… I thought she was trying to take all of them to a better place, including herself and the baby coming.

San ah make ya dance says:

—————
    I was just thinking, like how you suppose to grow up knowing your own Moms tried to kill you :no:

and what was that white chick that drowned all 3 of her kids

Im not sure Bren :think: Some time ago I did research on a woman. Ill try to be brief. Hard childhood. Foster care. She was a firebug. Mentally disturbed. In and out of mental health care centers. Set fires to a few places. Fought this person, fought that person. Always was released from jail. Always was released from Mental Healthcare. Anyway, between all of this she produced 2 children. Still in and out of jail. Gets released from Mental ward after a brief stint, goes to court, regains custody of her children, goes home, kills either 1 or both :think: They were looking for movie of the week type stories…Anyway, not excusing her…Oh and she ended up killing herself in jail after killing the baby :smack: Point being, its real. Should be addressed. She be handled with care. Just writing someone off as crazy, or ignoring the signs…

This woman tried to drown her children, she is guilty as hell, but there is so many questions. So. many. questions. Throw her under the jail, aint always the answer :nono:

Struggleisreal says:

*Unless you are Strong…The above will happen or worse

Really Strong.

:preach: I’m a survivor :tea:
    #refusestobeashamed

SummerBaby says:

————-
    I grew up w/a girl whose mother tried to drown her in a creek. She was such a mean kid & a huge bully. I wonder what happened to her. :think:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Y’all gonna think I’m wrong, but she was not crazy enough to go drown with the kids. She jumped out. She knew what she was doing. She needs jail….maybe help in jail. …on another note, am I going to hell for looking at her picture and thinking “that bytch eyebrows done, ain’t **** wrong with her mind”?

I’m bout to sneak out of here :steer: Bren when I come back tonight I refuse to be slandered :tea:

San ah make ya dance says:

———–
    And I was just thinking about her brows :kona:

San ah make ya dance says:

———–
    Prolly fcuked up if no help. Who wouldn’t need help after that

:huh: so men are not at fault for their own actions?

SummerBaby says:

I noticed the brows also! That’s always one of the first things I look at on a persons face.

_________________________

:stop: Whoa, Nellie!
    Now I understand resisting being labeled a ‘victim’ but sometimes that’s just what a person becomes. There are plenty of unprovoked attacks, unwarranted beatings, out-of-the-blue mind games, etc., that have nothing to do with the woman (or abused party of either sex), and everything to do with the narcissist, psychopath, masochist, etc., etc., one may fall prey to unknowingly. You already know this Sandra, as you always have your teaching “moments” concerning narcissists. Why would you say something so contrary to what you know to be true?

Buttercup says:

My heart goes out to the children. There is still such a stigma on mental illness in the black community. When it is learned that someone suffers from mental illness, we are far too quick to say that they just need a good whooping, is a brat, etc. Mental illness is real, y’all.

jeniefrumdabloc says:

I’m bout to sneak out of here Bren when I come back tonight I refuse to be slandered

Jenie, I think you good, ma! You slayed his arse (and mine) with that nokia phone confession! :rofl: :rofl:

Razz n Tazz n Such :kiss: says:

:huh: so men are not at fault for their own actions?

I dont know what inspired this question, but, indeed, they are. What type of man impregnates…And so on. So yes, the man is indeed responsible. The story I referenced, 2 different men, produced 2 different children, with a woman who had spent the majority of her life incarcerated. Why?! So yes, they play a huge roll, and indeed, should be held accountable.

bnatural says:

Buttercup says:

————

YESSSS :preach: because not too long ago people were bashing Chris Brown’s diagnosis though on this very board :coffee:

Razz, umm I mean Brenden, SR was just funny-fonting :lol:

:huh:

What type of man beds mentally unstable women though? :eek:

Razz n Tazz n Such says:

so men are not at fault for their own actions?

I dont know what inspired this question
    ———–
    It was brought on from Sandra’s font :lol: I was just challenging her. :kona:

Thank God those children made it out alive. Hopefully they have family that can take them so that they are not stuck in the foster care system for the rest of their childhood. Any mention of they daddy?

Nancy Drew (formerly IsThisThingOn) :cool: <<<has entered into witness protection :scared: says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

=========
    Awww you're so funny Brenden :hug:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

What type of man beds mentally unstable women though?
    ———-
    You can be anyone you want to be when you're mentally unstable. :kona:

Wasting time says:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

What type of man beds mentally unstable women though? :eek:
    A Abuser!

Wasting Time, what tone is that in? :eek:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

What type of man beds mentally unstable women though?

Exactly MicCheck. Many. Thats what kind. Many and any. You in Chicago :think: Take a trip to Elgin. Visit their facility. Probably 95% of the women in there have children. They could be 600lbs, have face scabbies, missing an eye, abnormal growths…on top of suffering mentally, and there is always a man willing :tea: It can be very interesting and enlightening. I learned so much #IJS Research was the best part of my job :yes:

I’m joshing you… These cats(most) just wanna fugg, they’on care :no:

I also wonder if she really did ‘believe’ she was taking them to a “better place” due to her husband possibly beginning to abuse the children. That’s not un-heard of for serious abusers, especially the ones who are tyrannical, i.e., ‘I’m the king around here and don’t nobody eem breeve less’n EYE say so’ (which could also be accompanied by her being the only one working and him sitting on the sofa all day playing xbox and scratching his arse, but he still ‘the man’)… it’s all speculation, but still plausible. :tea:

Buttercup says:

========
    I. AM. FLOORED. I cannot believe you fixed your fingers to type this. I really hope this was just to “get the people going.”

Wasting time says:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

Wasting Time, what tone is that in? :eek:

_______

Angry :mad:

I concur with both of the Brendens :yes:

Wasting time says:

Good Night Roses.

” face scabbies”

Lawd… this is not the time… :tape: :ghost:

Buttercup, anyone thinking that in real life, hasn’t been affected or know anyone that’s been affected. A real dv situation :tea:

Buttercup says:

=========
    That’s exactly what I had in mind when I was typing.

:tea: Y’all let me know when my comments are out of moderation. :tea:

Iola Boylan says:

Dallas You say :think: Accent sounded sort of Bamaish :think: I dunno. Dont cohort with peeples from red states :nono:

San ah make ya dance says:

If men cared about who they had kids with, half the ones I know wouldn’t have had em :tea:

Buttercup says:

=========
    That’s exactly what I had in mind when I was typing.

Well, yall ain’t talmbout me so :lol:

#justforclarificationpurposes
    ==
    Somebody, make a funny :|

Nancy Drew says:

I was speaking in general terms. Men are not here for the emotional upheavals that women sometimes put them through.

Buttercup says:

============
    I’ve never witnessed DV firsthand (that I know of. I’m sure there have been many silent sufferers), but I know that people, both men and women, should have enough self control and anger management to communicate in a better way than bashing in someone’s head.

San, there NO such thing as Planned Parenthood :lol: An old man once told me that :rofl:
    ————
    :kiss: :wink: You know exactly where I am… In yo :heart: :winky:

San ah make ya dance says:

———–
    Girl Kanye told me :hahaha:

Nor are we here for their emotional upheavals (yes, they come with those too), but, if you decide you can’t deal, there are better ways to handle a situation (especially if you’re claiming that it’s the other person who has the problem). :tea:

Thanks for clarifying, Sandra. Now we can be friends again. :eek: :hahaha:

*************************
    Now you just trying to get a rise out of folk. I ain’t fallin for it. :no:

San ah make ya dance says:

:headphone: I never understood plan parenthood, cause I never met nobody planned to be a parent in the hood :hahaha:

San ah make ya dance says:

Taking yo kids to a better place, but you don’t want to go to that same better place :confused:

In yo :heart:

Bye Ashy :bye: Only thing in my heart is a yearning to hit these numbas 2nite. Pray for me :pigsfly:

Oh San :smack: :lol:
    ============
    SR, you have DV survivors on here :tea:

I hope you hit them numbers! Mama needs a WHOLE LOTTA ish! :woot:

Boosie was freed so he could save his bussy and yall can kiss my puppylove says:

Simply not true. No one can make you an abusive. They could drive you to pop em once, but just change you into an ABUSER no, not happening.

As for Ms. Ebony, I :pray: she and the children get the help they need.
    Her sister did what she could. What I do not understand is why couldn’t she go to family for safe shelter. They knew she was being abused.

Well, this not “a funny” pur-say @DTTS, but this morning i was rushing to get dressed and had to go down to the laundry room. I had a basket full of fresh outta the dryer undies and another basket ‘on deck’ for the wash. why did i almost select today’s undies from the ‘wrong’ basket? :oops: :oops:

San ah make ya dance says:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

Oh San
    ============
    SR, you have DV survivors on here
    *******************

Child boo. Don't fall for the okie doke. Sandy is far more enlightened than that.

West Coast Chick says:

she should have tried to kill her uterus. Im trying to imagine a pregnant woman jumping out of a car window (??)

Iola Boylan says:

Tis done TY. Mostly quick picks. Picked up a pkg of hot funions too. They taint as good as I hoped :/ So, is Bren secretly admitting to recycling panties or nah :think:

:lol: :eyeroll: :no: Shame. :yawn:

Where is the Christians to claim they peepah? Ok sorry. I crack myself up. :kona:

Iola Boylan says:

Well hello there outsidethebox. Twas fun getting into ur panties; virtually :tea: Virtually as in online, not almost. Then the nosies had to start blockin :rolleyes: Anyway. Do your bras have underwire or nah :think:

Iola Boylan says:

Whelp. Looks like the lights are on, but nobody is home :lol: That’s the same thing I said when I saw a picture of YallCrazy. Member her? Yeah, me either :tea: Pretty girl but dense as styrofoam :lol: Aiight Jen. Text me when afta hrs kick off :bye:

@Sandra, re the “Miss Kentucky” post:
    Sandra, please accept my apology. I thought you meant you had told your mom what her friend was up to with you! You were clear enough; I just responded too quickly based on feelings in lieu of facts. I apologize to you (and to your mom, if she’s reading) :hug: :oops:

Lawd, this has been a day for me on the blog :phew:
    I won’t tell you that just now, I almost typed Miss “Kentuck” instead of Kentucky… :oops: :oops:
    I’da had to apologize to her too! :facepalm:

Brenden P.U. GoodNESS :rofl:
    :eek: Tell the truth you got on the bad undies now right :lol:

She wasn’t pretty, “she gorgeous” :tea:

Lawd, this has been a day for me on the blog :phew:
    I’da had to apologize to her too! :facepalm:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Brenden, enough is enough yo! :huh:

:rofl: Have a nice weekend :hug:

MsTake never made it byke from that surprise luncheon huh :lol: #itwasplanned :hi: YOU

Nope, i put on the clean ones… (otherwise, i’da never tolt it) :oops: :rofl:

You have a nice weekend too, ‘gorgeous’ :wink: :hug:

Welp! That’s gonna do it for me. ALBoy might wanna start another ‘give away’ and i can’t be going home with no fresh facial :nono:

:nite:

Iola Boylan says:

:eek: Chile. For the record, Brenden and Nancy are 2 different peepaz :eek: Bren just tweeted that he loves his login and will not be losing it, again, behind messy, funky drawlzded posters :nono: He also said he left a message for you down stairs Sandra :fistbump:

Iola Boylan says:

*was gorgeous :tea: Twas years ago. Red bone. I mean yea, Black don’t crack, but Light…might :tea:

Brenden :nite: and hurry and put them panteez in the wash :lol:
    #immagetyoumonday :yes:
    ==========
    Brenden, no cracks or saggage YET :scared: :lol:
    ———–
    COOKING, if’n you’re out there, it’s ok, MsTake has bean warned about asking you for food… Come byke :cry:

capricorn83 says:

————

YESSSS  because not too long ago people were bashing Chris Brown’s diagnosis though on this very board

————-
    :cosign: :tea:

This is definitely a sad story

Iola Boylan says:

Is that Jen :think: You confused? Well what had happened was-NancyDrew been trynna confuse the lurkers and some time posters into believing that It and Brenden are one in the same. Yanno, Keep em on they toes like a pair of cheap new pumps from payless. Anyway, twas all fun and games until a manufactured un-crisis almost popped off twixt Sandy and Nancy. Well, that’s when Bren said, hmmmph. Not me :nono: As if it wasn’t enough when he got banned for posting that picture of DTTS vagyneA :eek: Member dat? Sandy cleaned house that day. I mean cleaned. Scrubbed. Like when the section people is coming to inspect-pinesol fresh-Hello. So yea Chile. He scared :bite:

*section 8

Bren I came in here to tell you to come home …. you need a good spanking :winky:

Iola Boylan says:

There will be no spanking of the monkey tonight :nono: Somebody has a daaaaaaaate :yahoo: Ermagosh. Went extra hard in the gym last night and deprived myself of food today. Abs on bliiiiizast :fistbump: Pray for me girl. Im hoping to pull a double double 2night :yes: 5 or more numbers on the mega :pray: And 8 or more inches deep in dat booty :pray: ok, 3inches. Whatever. Im out :nun: Kiss pumpz for me :nun:

All those kids probably was driving her crazy and I’m sure the dad or dads were NO where around to help her. My question is WHY did she get preggers again? It doesnt get better it only gets worse, especially if you do not have help. I never understood why women allow themselves to be used and abused, I just don’t know. Then don’t take precautions or use birth control! Her eyes look mad crazy and guys found that attractive? Ok bye! :tea:

69 says:

Yanno, Keep em on they toes like a pair of cheap new pumps from payless.
    :hahaha: :hahaha:

So, Bren, you don’t wanna keep up the charade, huh?
    #FairWeatherIdentityThief

Bye, Pola :hi:

JerseyGirl68 says:

Where are the father or fathers of these children? I will need know some more about this background before I go in on the stupid and insane woman.

She obviously reached her breaking point.

But what isn’t sitting well with me, besides the fact that she drove her vehicle into the ocean with her kids inside, is that her azz got out of the car to save herself. SMDH

So it has come out that a few days before…she got her azz kicked by her husband in Myrtle Beach, SC. It was a police report filed and everything. But WHY take that out on your BABIES b/c YO azz decides to stay with dude? That aint got ish to do with your kids. If I aint know no better I would say Ebony tried to drive her babies to meet Neptune down in Florida…. to GET BACK AT HER HUSBAND. If that turns out to be the case, then I hope they throw the book at her. Selfish bish.

The end.

Iola Boylan says:

No sex :-( I hate classy people :rolleyes: You want me to respect you? Please. I heard you fart wheb you excused yourself to pee. Nasty ass. Thin walls. Oh well. Off to the gym I go. Taint checked my numbas yet. Good morning to the weekend princess Yardillia :hi: :nun:

ALBoy says:

Speaking of crazy eyes what happened to Orange is the new Black. :coffee:

ReadingIsFundamental says:

What dumb *ss keeps knocking up this nut job? She needs to be in a mental hospital to get help and not on the street making babies.

pointhimout says:

Good thing she didn’t think to lock the back windows. I’m glad the kids were old enough to be alert and have a ‘wtf, something aint right’ demeanor. Crazy.

Yardgirl says:

Iola Boylan says:

No sex I hate classy people You want me to respect you? Please. I heard you fart wheb you excused yourself to pee. Nasty ass. Thin walls. Oh well. Off to the gym I go. Taint checked my numbas yet. Good morning to the weekend princess Yardillia
    ******************

Good morning to you the mostest :love: I still aint won the megapowerlotto evah, nary a numba :cry:

It is a balmy 43 so I am going to the track. See youse all later!! :waves:

JerseyGirl68 says:

Oh yeah, after this idiot gives birth, please tie her tubes. Thank you.

Diva says:

You can look in her eyes and tell she is TERCHED!!!!! Tie that bytches tubes and then let her ROT in a jail cell for LIFE! Family knew she was crazy from jump! :smack:

WUT IZ REALLY GOING ON? :blink: says:

This is so tragic. It goes to show that every woman is not fit to be a mom.