Former Miss Kentucky Comes Out

Former Miss Kentucky comes out

Djuan Trent, pictured right, came out of the closet in a blog post in response to her state’s decision to not recognize out-of-state gay marriages.

“I am queer,” wrote Trent, who was crowned Miss Kentucky in 2011.

“For a while, I struggled with the decision of whether or not it was necessary to ‘come out,'” the 27-year-old natural beauty wrote in a post on her blog. “…I have realized that there is really no way for people to know that I disagree with their views or, even moreso, to know that they are talking about me, unless I actually open my mouth and say it. I am queer.”

According to Yahoo news, Trent is the first publicly known lesbian contestant to have competed at a national level.

A federal judge ruled Kentucky’s ban on recognizing same-sex marriages from other states was unconstitutional.

Gov. Steven L. Beshear of Kentucky said the state would hire outside lawyers to defend the state’s same-sex marriage ban.

But Kentucky’s Attorney General Jack Conway said he would not appeal the judge’s ruling because “I would be defending discrimination. That I will not do.”

Thanks to loyal reader R. Williams for the tip.

47 Responses to “Former Miss Kentucky Comes Out”

deedeegirl says:

ok, well good for her

deedeegirl says:

and who the hell says queer? It’s almost like she didn’t have the guts to say gay

Gigi26 says:

:think: Is she a lipstick Lesbian Sandra?

@DeeDee being that she’s in Kentucky, maybe that’s what they use? Idk :lol:

Struggleisreal says:

@DeeDee – Her granny probably said, oh I been “knewn” you was a queer. Kentucky is the Deep South.

Gay means happy down there :happy:

Can we get some ratchet news. PLEASE

Struggleisreal says:

Hello Ms. GiGi – Please get out my head. THANKS

deedeegirl says:

I would think they would say something like “she’s funny” or as my granny used to say, “she’s a bull dagger”

Gigi26 says:

Is she a lipstick Lesbian Sandra?

She wears lipstick but I don’t think she’s a lipstick lesbian.

She is really pretty :shrugs: but don’t nobody give a shyt bout your damn sexuality ….. and awwww I see a pic of lil Blu to the right of my screen….. so cute :love:

She wears lipstick but I don’t think she’s a lipstick lesbian.
    ********************

Me either. I also don’t think she wears lipstick normally. Is that her wife in the pic with her?

San ah make ya dance says:

I was hoping it was the yt girl :tea: I like her dress tho

@ deedeegirl: When I was a little girl grown women were always molesting me. My mom had a friend who would get drunk and try to have her way with me, but I always resisted because her breath stank. One day she drunkenly called me a bull dagger. I was 9. I asked my mom what that meant. My mom just told me to be quiet. Summary: watch your children around your friends. :coffee:

San ah make ya dance says:

I hope she a lipstick, cause I would hate to see without :eek: :lol:

San ah make ya dance says:

————–
    Terrible :no: AND family included :tea: My kids aint going NOWHERE

Buttercup says:

Good for you, Djuan. I enjoy it when Honey Dip ____ my _____ then he flips me over and ______. Oh, you don’t care? :coffee:

Buttercup says:

I hope she a lipstick, cause I would hate to see without :eek:
    =========

San ah make ya dance says:

She look better than the bride :note: have average girls in wedding :hahaha:

missyJ says:

Lawd here we go with another one of these “Guess who I’m Fuggin” posts :dead: from disinterest and boredom….

BCinKS says:

She says that like a person can’t defend gay rights and be an activist unless they are gay. I just don’t get these comings out. Live your life and do you. When people see you are 40 years old with a same sex “roommate”, they will figure out it. No need to announce it. :coffee:

DJ DCeezy says:

D’Juan? Hmmm

missyJ says:

Think Lance Bass got all this tom follery started.. he’s the first one I can remember from my pop culture life

69 says:

_____________________________
    Where that period is, THAT is where I stopped.

That situation is not funny in the least bit but Sandra a dayum fool for insinuating that the only reason why she resisted was because the lady breath was stank. :ghost:

missyJ says:

———–
    Honestly 3 out of the 5 were always questionable to me from N’Sync. :shrug:

missyJ says:

Because living your life, walking hand in hand in the combat boot aisle of Gander Mountain, or posting a pic of you and your boo on Facebook like straight folks wouldn’t have gotten the message across

My little cousin “came out”, no family meeting needed… she posted some pics of her hugged up on a chick on IG. The family did a collective “Oh :coffee: ” and life went on

:hug: Oh, Sandra, that’s horrific!

You know your story sounds similar to Marlene Dietrich’s daughter, who said her mother allowed her to be raped by her lesbian nanny as a child! I would never disrespect your mom, but I don’t see how a mother could allow something that horrible to happen to their child (and a few people not turn up missing :tea: ) smh :no:

Anna says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

and awwww I see a pic of lil Blu to the right of my screen….. so cute
    ~~~~~~~~
    She is a cutie.
    About the money conversion, I thought I did it wrong when I saw .80.

San ah make ya dance says:

I got a cousin who be pu$$y popping on IG and he aint got one :eek: Go into the splits and all

Thanks to loyal reader R. Williams for the tip.
    :love:
    ===============
    SR :hug: I am sorry for what they did to you…
    Your Mom’s friend, and that coach bish is on the list! :nino:
    GOD don’t like ugly :no:

BCinKS says:

San ah make ya dance says:

March 7, 2014 at 1:33 pm

—————–
    That just made the tendons and ligaments in my hip and pelvis hurt.

San ah make ya dance says:

That just made the tendons and ligaments in my hip and pelvis hurt.

————-
    Puts me to shame as a dancer :confused:

Damn that’s terrible :tea:

missyJ says:

San ah make ya dance says:

Fam or not, that would get the :ban: from my timeline. Twerkers need not apply

Sandra I just found out a friend of mines was arrested in that sting with that douglas county principle :tea: I don’t know the details, but apparently the principle was on craigslist and an undercover pretended to sell her teenage daughter or some shyt like that….. either way… you never know with folks…. I ain’t trusting no one these days :tea: shyt don’t shock me in 2014

deedeegirl says:

@Sandra I’m really very sorry that happened to you. Taking advantage of children is the lowest of the low. I’m always aware of the potential, you have to be as a mother. As a rule, people allowed inside my home are strictly limited to a very close circle. My child outside my home is always with me unless he is at school. My mother grew up with her mother’s many men friends trying to do the same thing to her as was done to you. As a result, to use her words, she raised us with a “nasty mind” which is to say she was always suspicious of anyone coming around because she had three girls. I have one son but the tradition continues. I have heard horror stories, I do not trust anyone.

I have a very good friend who’s husband did some time for raping his own daughter. She is still with this man. As much as I care for her, my son is never allowed to spend time in his company.

missyJ says:

So lil BLue already knows about “surfbordt”… Hmm what’s y’alls opinion on allowing chirren to sing grown up songs just because they don’t know what they mean?

I have a cousin that just don’t give a damn what she post on FB …… and post any and everything chile :no: Mind you my mom is on her fb and her mother and god knows who else…. :facepalm: no couf chile…… :tea: just don’t give a damn….. folks still do not realize how there are people watching their pages… jobs etc smh

Struggleisreal says:

The struggle is real, many here have molested. Some don’t remember, nor dare discuss it.

We gotta do better about our children. You are right Ms. Sandra. :hug: <<<<— Church Hug!

missyJ says:

Aye I have sung grown up songs when I was little….. but lil J damn sure not going to sing that song in my presence….. and also these songs now also have the visuals and shyt … (video) nasty performances….. I think it’s getting out of hand….. nasty songs back in the day …. were how do you say :thinking: a lil classier, or tasteful if you will …. now shyt is just :no: seem like every body bussing nuts on while recording and shyt

missyJ says:

@Jenie

lilMissy used to love She ain’t my girl by Try Songz when she was around 3. After I realized she was picking up on what I listened to, it was kiddie music all the time. Even now it’s radio disney when we in the car. My mom was the same way with us. Ioono just trying to keep her innocent until she decides otherwise.

Nancy Drew says:

I wasn’t clear. My mom didn’t let anything happen. Nothing was done in her presence. My mom had no idea what a bull dagger was.

@ jeniefrumdabloc: I saw that list in the AJC. There was a black woman on the list. I tried to find her on Facebook so I could shame her.

Thanks for sharing your story @ deedeegirl.

This is very normal for females. Why are they still making announcements in 2014? :shrugs:

:lol: at “queer” tho…

Iola Boylan says:

Oh Sandra. So much to say. I’ll be in Atlanta soon. Maybe we can connect. Over the phone. I don’t do face to face. From some of your statements in the past, it seems like you’ve over come. Then again sometimes it doesn’t. That’s molestation for you. Oprah, I believe it was, spoke about cooking breakfast for her molester. She was an adult, and knew what he did, yet was still cooking for him. Its tricky. Because of the victims age. Because of the shame. The guilt. Its overwhelming and just all around confusing. Good luck girl. At least you’re not afraid.