Mick Jagger’s Longtime Girlfriend Commits Suicide

Magger and L'Wren Scott  attend Harpers Bazaar Women of the Year Awards

Rock legend Mick Jagger‘s longtime live-in girlfriend apparently took her own life early this morning, the NY Daily News reports.

L’Wren Scott, a 47-year-old fashion designer and model, was found dead in her Manhattan apartment Monday, police told the Daily News.

Scott’s personal assistant discovered the body in Scott’s luxury apartment at 200 11th Ave. around 10 a.m. She was hanging from a doorknob with a scarf wound tightly around her neck.

From NY Daily News:

Scott texted her assistant at 8:30 a.m. and asked that she come over, police sources said. When she arrived, she found the body and called 911.

Police did not suspect foul play, a source said, but the Medical Examiner’s Office will determine a cause of death. No suicide note was found.

Jagger said via a spokesperson that he is “completely shocked and devastated by the news” of her death.
The former model met the Rolling Stones singer in 2001.

Scott began her career as a model in Paris shortly after graduating high school in her home state of Utah. She went on to pose for notable brands such as Thierry Mugler and Chanel, before moving to California in the early ‘90s and establishing herself as a sought-after stylist.

Photo: Zak Hussein/INFphoto.com

13 Responses to “Mick Jagger’s Longtime Girlfriend Commits Suicide”

sassyshe says:

Sad

weFukNorNah says:

47?????? Sad either way…

SummerBaby says:

So sad! Suicide is such a hard thing for family & loved ones to deal with. RIP!

SOTHERNGRL says:

She was hanging from a doorknob with a scarf wound tightly around her neck.
    ***********************
    I hope this wasn’t some of that crazy sex stuff like David Carradine (sp?).
    So sad for the loss of life.

goat76 says:

She was hanging from a doorknob with a scarf wound tightly around her neck.
    —————————–
    I smell foul play. They tried to say D’Angelo Barksdale hung himself on a door knob. They need McNulty on the case.

Ni ni says:

UmI hope they investigate this more and not just close the case because she was associated with him. This just dont sound right at all, even the text seems suspicious.

Nancy Drew (formerly IsThisThingOn) :cool: <<<has entered into witness protection :scared: says:

how do you hang yourself from a doorknob?

____________________________

Seriuos question, because my natural reflexes would make me stand up, no?
    :think:

weFukNorNah says:

It’s best to hang from a door knob because if you hang yourself from a higher ground the structure might break before your neck snaps or suffocates….don’t ask me how I know

Ms Peaches says:

————————————————–
    @ goat76- I am howling over here. I loved the Wire

Jessie says:

So sorry to hear of her suicide. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. My prayers go out to her family and all who loved and cared for her.

VDot says:

Seriuos question, because my natural reflexes would make me stand up, no?
    :think:

:rofl: :rofl: :ashamed:

JerseyGirl68 says:

She sent a tweet to @JillOhanneson and then she committed suicide. Blank stare.

Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1(800)273-8255.

Sidebar: How can you hang yourself from a doorknob? Blank stare.