Miley Cyrus

The Make-A-Wish Foundation is a blessing to families who hope to grant their terminally ill children one last wish. But one family that benefited from the Make-a-Wish Foundation is making headlines for all the wrong reasons.

Little Miley Hodges, 7, was diagnosed with Stage IV Osteosarcoma, an aggressive form of bone cancer. Miley’s last wish was to meet pop idol Justin Bieber. But the troubled singer’s schedule is filled with studio time and court appearances. So Miley, who reportedly has less than four months to live, settled on meeting her namesake Miley Cyrus instead.

Miley Cyrus invited the family to fly to California where a meeting was arranged at a recording studio. But the meeting didn’t go as well as the family planned — depending on who you listen to.

“From what I know, it was not a very good experience for them,” Brandon Deboer, a family friend, told RadarOnline.com.

But Miley’s dad Bert insisted that the family was “grateful for the chance to meet Cyrus in person.”

“My daughter met one of her idols. Period,” he said.

Apparently, that wasn’t enough. Now the family is demanding that Bieber make time in his busy schedule to meet with little Miley. And they have enlisted big name stars such as Puff Daddy (formerly Diddy) and Kelly Osbourne to help pressure the singer into making the meeting happen.

“She loves Justin, his music and that he tells her never to give up on her dreams. Her dream is to meet him one day, only she doesn’t have many days left,” Deboer said.

The Make-a-Wish Foundation has apparently distanced itself from the family.

So an organization called Believe4Children has stepped in to make Miley’s wish of meeting Justin come true.

Miley’s dad bristled at the suggestion that his family is ungrateful.

“I think that if she wants to meet 50 celebrities, she deserves that chance. She has fought hard to stay alive. She has beaten the odds, [and] hasn’t gave up,” Hodge’s dad said.

Another family friend confided: “She doesn’t have much time left. She is an amazing girl. She is always smiling and wants to make sure everyone else is ok. When she hasn’t been in the hospital, she’s gone back to visit other patients who are there. Now, we’re hoping to make her dream of meeting Justin Bieber come true.

The Make-A-Wish foundation didn’t return Radar Online‘s request for a comment.

Photo: Splash News Online

69 Responses to “Miley Cyrus grants 7-year-old cancer patient’s Make-a-Wish Foundation meeting; now she wants to meet Justin Bieber, too”

Beta says:

OK y’all worried about the wrong sh!t :huh: how you gone demand it’s a sad thing and all but still :nono:

zurishay says:

Ungrateful is the word

Beta says:

“I think that if she wants to meet 50 celebrities, she deserves that chance

Chile :stop:

dabunique says:

LOL how bout us people who ain’t dying who never meet any celebrity in their life and work hard jus to stay alive …

Family should be ashamed, wasting all dat energy

“I think that if she wants to meet 50 celebrities, she deserves that chance
    Why is this a priority???
    Worshipping false idols :evil:

zurishay says:

They need to teach her how NOT to idolize celebrities as if they’re some HOLY deity. That’s the bigger issue here.

zurishay says:

“I think that if she wants to meet 50 celebrities, she deserves that chance
    Why is this a priority???
    Worshipping false idols :evil:
    ———————
    Exactly what I just typed right after you…Great minds…

missyJ says:

Leah girl ain’t neva satisfied… bout to have been lost 2 husbands before 23
    ————
    Did she know how to cook from strach?

———-
    Seem like alls she knows how to do is bytch and moan <— :hump:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

:blink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :wtf:

and ON that NOTE.. I really want to meet a few Celebs, singers, athletes and President Obama too.

WHO READING IS GOING TO make that happen for me. I deserve that much!

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

missyJ says:

Leah girl ain’t neva satisfied… bout to have been lost 2 husbands before 23
    ————
    Did she know how to cook from strach?

———-
    Seem like alls she knows how to do is bytch and moan
    ————–
    Welp, if she learned to fry some chicken and make some greens and yams, and cornbread….hot water cornbread at that, she would be able to keep a man. Humph. :hahaha:

missyJ says:

Miley probably likked dat lil gurl so her family like nawl we need a re-do.

FurthrMore M.Cyrus should have just slicked her hair down a lil and played the BIEBS role.

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

I watched Teen Mom for the first time in years last night. I was confused as to why Leah is complaining when her last husband had them living in a uninhabitable trailer that surely tested positive for asbestos, sadness and struggle. This man said he can make 40k in 5 weeks :stop:
    Now on another note what kinda construction type job he got :eek: I was like dude you must really be connected because the way your speech and looks are set up you don’t look so :kona:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Luvie you said Miley look like white boy and Bieber a white girl so what’s the difference? :shrugs:

Buttercup says:

she deserves that chance.
    ========
    :nono: Sir, I understand that your daughter has been through a lot, but that does not make her entitled to anything. IF these celebrities choose to be so kind as to spend time with Miley, that is great. They don’t owe Miley anything.

Just Looking says:

This is sad :sad:

parents are really sensitive about their sick children and I would like to think, as Tamar would say… They are in their feelings.

The baby only has about 120 days or left on this earth, according to the doctor.

Jesus Lawd, Bless them….

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Teen Mom: Oh and somebody tell me how Kaitlyn found this dumb Guatemalan boy to marry her. I never liked her. I thought she did Joe wrong and tried to use Isaac (the son) to control him and get back at him. Was Joe childish :yes: but his family also took her in when she had nothing and she dogged them out. Now she has the new guy all posted up talking about he is a great father figure for her son. Unless I am missing something :stop: The boy had a diddy and he has ALWAYS been there. To the point of him wanting custody and almost getting it. Women like that burn me up.

missyJ says:

This man said he can make 40k in 5 weeks :stop:

==================

Somebody need to smack some sense into her. Her mama on the phone like it’s not your fault… Um yes bish it is………..

Her baby gon need care for the rest of her life then Teen Mom checks finna stop, betta let that man work so you bad can have some wheels to roll in

hell_on_heels says:

So Miley & Justin aren’t the same people…?! DAMN, DAMN….DAMN!!!

n1kk1a says:

Aren’t they the same person? :think:

Buttercup says:

Miley probably likked dat lil gurl so her family like nawl we need a re-do.
    =========

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Let me just say this and be done with it: ALL the Teen moms other than the one who gave up her baby, have problems. They all are a hot mess, if you ask me. ANd their parents don’t tell them the truth. It’s just a damn shame. JMO

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

I think Leah fooled new dude :winky: with her feminine wiles and now that he is married to her with her special needs child he is like :wtf: did I get into? How your husband be on TV –and you just married him and he is all :yawn: when you talk like can I leave for 5 weeks to get away from you. When he slapped her with that piece of bacon and said he did it to piss her off I was like :ghost: He don’t lub you girl. Leah you are in danger.

kamadiva says:

@Buttercup – :cosign:

Buttercup says:

=======
    Eggzacktly! In Corey’s defense, he did try to do right by her. He was just a day late, because she had already moved on to Jeremy.

I think Jeremy works on oil rigs. It has to be something very risky in order to have a payout like that.

~~~~~~
    :yes:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Janelle mom in the preview looked at the sonogram picture and said :hailnaw: I am not taking in another baby. Her mom both irritates and delights me. She reads Janelle for filth but at the same time I gotta wonder if she contributed to her being that way. And then they all :bite: why is Jace hitting people. UMMMM Janelle stay fighting folks. And getting drug :rofl:
    *DISLCAIMER* By drug in that instance I meant beaten up. Not the narcotic. Which she also indulges in. I would hate to confuse folks. Like write tangle when I meant tango.

i liKe Miley Cyris’s hair up there in that PIC :bounce:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

:facepalm:
    “I think that if she wants to meet 50 celebrities, she deserves that chance.

So any child with chronic illness deserves to meet any celebrities? Focus on enjoying the time that you child has left instead of tryna make celebrities meet with her. :rollseyes:

Like write tangle when I meant tango.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Woman U my DEAR not deer :lol: are hilaiRE

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Buttercup I actually didn’t fault Corey. I think he was just a simple guy and they :hump: and then she got :pacifier: before they really knew each other. I think she was unfair to him and really was a brat. I think she saw Jeremy as a come up and was giving him the bidness to lock him down.

n1kk1a says:

Anyways, she’s a little kid who is 7 years old and dying. With all the money and fame that we give to celebrities, why shouldn’t they give this little girl their time? For adults to be saying these things breaks my heart. I know most of us on this site are at least 18 and up, and that little girl will never see those days. Maybe I’m just being sensitive ( preggers and all), but I don’t see why the family is being seen as ungrateful. If ( God Forbid) one of my daughters fell terminally ill, I would want to spend every last moment with them trying to make them happy. I mean, why not??

Miley must have flicked a booger on her for them to want to get a redo… :think:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Janelle mom in the preview looked at the sonogram picture and said I am not taking in another baby. Her mom both irritates and delights me. She reads Janelle for filth but at the same time I gotta wonder if she contributed to her being that way. And then they all why is Jace hitting people. UMMMM Janelle stay fighting folks. And getting drug
    ——————-
    I always feel bad for Janelle’s mom. SHe wants to help the baby, but that means helping Janelle. Poor thing. But how you having another baby when you don’t even have the first one? I don’t like stuff like that. And why you not on BC? Does she even have a job? Who she live with now?

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Luvie :crying1: I had to go byke and read that again last night and I was NOT disappointed. The Lord knew what he was doing when he made me unable to font at the time of its publication.
    I had :whistle: Angels watching over me…

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    @MISTAKE . . Leah and corey were together a few weeks, Im almost 100% sure, Corey took her to the prom screwed her after in his truck and she was preggos.

I remember after she had the twins she messed with her Ex (love of her life) let her tell it)

Just Looking says:

@Kah

Jacked from Washington Post

Why we are (still) talking about Kanye West and Kim Kardashian’s Vogue cover

By Cara Kelly
    March 25 at 3:15 pm
    Those who pay little attention to the fashion industry may be perplexed as to why the release of a magazine cover with an attractive, famous couple locked in a loving pose could lead to such intense controversy. Even subscribers to Vogue, which released its April cover Friday featuring Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, seemed a little shocked at their own responses.

Arguments reverberating around the Internet over the last few days have largely focused on this central question: Does Kim Kardashian deserve to be on the cover of Vogue?

This cover image taken by Annie Leibovitz for Vogue shows the April 2014 issue of the high fashion magazine featuring rapper Kanye West and TV personality Kim Kardashian. (AP Photo/Vogue, Annie Leibovitz)

Anna Wintour helped redefine the notion of a cover model during her tenure with the century-old publication. The former editor in chief and current artistic director at Conde Nast led the transition from super models, who monopolized the front slots through the eighties and nineties, to celebrity images on the cover. What began as a sprinkling of starlets over the past two decades became a permanent shift in the early 2000s, and the Lauren Huttons, Giseles and Kate Mosses of the world were relegated to inside spreads.

Most of the women featured (Gwyneth Paltrow, Cate Blanchett, Charlize Theron, Penelope Cruz, etc.) were actresses or ‘it’ girls nearly interchangeable with the models they displaced. However, the transition from models to actresses underscored the idea that the cover model role was significant –an acknowledgement of accomplishments ranging from break-out roles to notable awards.

The selection of Oprah Winfrey and Hillary Rodham Clinton as cover subjects (October and December of 1998, respectively), cemented the idea that the position was one of honor. A Vogue cover celebrated women with poise and confidence who had made a contribution, if not to the world of fashion, then to the world at large.

That’s the largest fault that long-time subscribers have found in the choice of a reality star and her rapper fiance. For all of the Sienna Miller and Blake Lively covers (who fill more of the waif super model position than role model) Vogue has also featured first ladies, Grammy winners and Meryl Streep.

Yet, Miller has been nominated for two BAFTAs and a Golden Globe, and Lively has a half-dozen film roles and a fashion-focused TV show under her belt — accomplishments that encompass a palatable sense of worthiness for Vogue to push to readers.

Does a reality TV show and an impressive social media following rise to this bar? Is Vogue telling people that a sex tape and a gig with E! are desirable goals for young women? For better or worse, many commenters on Vogue’s platforms have expressed that these merits do not fit with their sensibilities.

Another area of debate has centered on whether “Vogue-worthiness” is dependent on ethnicity and size. Vogue, like much of the fashion industry, has been criticized for a long-standing lack of diversity and a reliance on white, willowy women to sell magazines. Is the West/Kardashian cover — a month after Rihanna graced the cover — at all an acknowledgment that the pale waif is an outdated standard of beauty? One should hope.

But if the point was in part to diversify, why not look to more obvious choices, such as Kerry Washington, Lupita Neyong’o and Mindy Kaling, who haven’t yet been Vogue cover models. Washington has even been the center of media campaigns for a cover.

West, too, has waged a cover campaign of sorts and that may be the ultimate point of contention for Vogue loyalists. Like a vice presidential bid, one does not openly lobby for a major cover. Even more gauche, allowing your significant other to do it for you.

West has admittedly pushed Kardashian into the world of high fashion – cleaning out her closet, introducing her to his stylists and friend Riccardo Tisci of Givenchy, and ensuring her presence at the 2013 Met Gala. He has also been on a public campaign for the fashion industry to take her more seriously, calling her the “the most intriguing woman right now.”

Kanye West and Kim Kardashian attends The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute benefit celebrating “PUNK: Chaos to Couture” in New York. (Photo by Charles Sykes/Invision/AP, File)

West followed that statement, which he made on the show On Air With Ryan Seacrest, by saying “She’s got Barbara Walters calling her like everyday … and collectively we’re the most influential with clothing. No one is looking at what [President] Obama is wearing. Michelle Obama cannot Instagram a [bikini] pic like what my girl Instagrammed the other day.”

Whether or not Wintour caved to West’s pressure, which she states she did not in the April editor’s letter, is beside the point. Kardashian has relied on West and their collective money-making prowess to advance her status in the fashion ranks, a cardinal sin of the industry.

The topic is apropos in the wake of L’Wren Scott’s death last week. As critic Robin Givhan noted, one of Seventh Avenue’s most enduring prejudices is celebrity, and Scott was afflicted with the curse of reflected glory for being Mick Jagger’s girlfriend.

That hindrance seemed to make Scott work even harder in her career. She ultimately produced desirable clothing and dressed some of Hollywood’s most prominent women, earning her spot as a respected designer and stylist.

For a woman to rest on her fiance’s ambition and connections, and still make it to one of the most coveted spots in pop culture is the insult to injury for those who expect more from the ‘fashion Bible.’

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

I’m just being sensitive ( preggers and all
    I think you are :hugs:
    Because how can you demand someone else’s time that is not required and then try to make it out as If they are in the wrong if they are unable to come? People have other obligations and things they are beholden to that might not permit them being able to come. Even if she didn’t get to see Bieber for her family to come out about it like he is in the wrong for it to me shows that they are focusing on the wrong thing at the moment. It’s a sad sad thing I hope to never to have to deal with. But if Slim cannot come to visit me before I die I will not be roasting him on SR :kona:

n1kk1a
    ——–
    I think folks are more so saying they should be concerned more about spending time with the daughter and cherrishing the moments they do have with her since she doesn’t have much time (what the drs are saying)

You can’t necessarily make some one do something but… :shrug:

:blink:

:kona:

SOTHERNGRL says:

:whistle: J’s on my feet J’s on my feet :oops: :shame:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

I see what you did. :ghost:

Surprised that Sandra hasn’t done a story on Beyonce supporting Tameka Foster’s charity event.

Don’t they both have FOB status? :coffee:

Beta says:

My sentiments exactly :tea:

Buttercup says:

=======
    You told the truth on this one. Corey and Jeremy have both been really good to her and the kids.

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

@Hearts: I’mma stop right there tho :hahaha: Can’t keep toeing that line.

kamadiva says:

@MisTaken – :rofl:

Buttercup says:

======
    When it all boils down, celebrities have money because they do a job. If I go above and beyond at my job, great. If I don’t, my boss can’t really say anything at long as I’m performing :shrug:

The world does not owe Miley or anyone else anything.

San ah make ya dance says:

:rules: One wish! One! :lol:

missyJ says:

@luvn

She got knocked up by Jeremy with the quickness too but miscarried. You know them country folks, you knock her up you go’on an murry her.

San ah make ya dance says:

Sound like she wants a concert

Buttercup says:

:rules: One wish! One! :lol:
    ======
    :tape: :lol: Lawd forgive me

@San: I will not laugh :crying1:
    Why did I hear Ray J in my head too

missyJ says:

The world does not owe Miley or anyone else anything.
    ========================
    You wrote it; I said it

Wish my boss would come round talmbout we pay you so you gotta come running cuz lilboss gotta runny nose and want you to sing to him

missyJ says:

Beebs is not about to put his bong down and come holla at that lil gurrl and if I was her parents, I wouldn’t want him to. WeedHeads can get mean when they ain’t high :rofl:

Sound like she wants a concert

@San why you bringing Flip FLip I mean Ray J into this

San ah make ya dance says:

:rules: < your go straight to hell papers
    ——–
    Bringing you with :hahaha:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

He (Bieber) would go to that baby fune and write on her tombstone “glad she was a belieber” he’s a jerk like that : no: the parents need to chill.
    Ask for somebody else

Buttercup says:

Why did I hear Ray J in my head too
    ========
    I heard Ray J AND saw him serenading Mr. Money :hahaha:

San ah make ya dance says:

Aye, Jenelle and them are some fools :hahaha: Her mama aint got it all, but she helping that lil ho’ out and she wants to go get another one. I would’ve told her the same thing, :nono: No more kids this-a-way. I prolly wouldn’t have wanted to see a sonogram. Its just a slow time watching they as%e% on tv :hahaha:

SOTHERNGRL says:

I heard Ray J AND saw him serenading Mr. Money
    *****************
    When I tell you I could see his azz at that pianer :rofl:
    All intimate like and chit.

San ah make ya dance says:

Sothern, I didn’t mean too :lol:

kamadiva says:

:newpost:

Buttercup says:

=======
    “Bish bye!” would escape my lips before I would have time to think.

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

San was saying it’s the Make A Wish Found.
    Not make as mannie as you want till you get what you want. This is not the Make A Wish Do-Over Foundation :kona:

Ms Peaches says:

These parents are pitiful. They are using this child’s sickness for publicity. They should know better and be grateful for what they get. This child should be trying to get a closer walk with thee not the B. The last thing I would be focusing on with a child that sick as a parent is some damn singer.