Usher Reveals His Son is a Type I Diabetic

Usher Reveals His Son is a Type I Diabetic

Singer Usher Raymond says the past 12 months have been the hardest for him. The 34-year-old crooner recently lost his grandmother, and one of his sons was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes.

Usher revealed his son’s diagnosis during an appearance on the “TODAY Show” this week. The singer didn’t reveal which of his sons is diabetic. He has two sons — Usher Raymond V, 6, and Naviyd David, 5, — with ex-wife Tameka Raymond.

“This year has been really one of my hardest years – I lost my grandmother, my son was diagnosed as being a type one diabetic. It has definitely been a difficult one for me, man.”

Type I diabetes is caused by the lack of insulin production by the pancreas. A lack of insulin production can lead to dangerously high levels of blood sugar, which can cause diabetic coma and death.

Diabetes I requires insulin injections for life to keep blood sugar within the normal range (or as close to normal as possible).

Usher said he monitors his son’s diet carefully to make sure he’s eating the right foods to control his high blood sugar.

He said even when he’s working on the set of “The Voice” he’s online tracking the carbohydrate content of his son’s food.

“Sometimes you’re looking at me and we’re off camera, and I’m online looking at numbers, trying to make sure he’s eating properly. It’s crazy.”

Diabetes can lead to organ failure and even death if not monitored very carefully. But older children can be taught to monitor their own blood sugar levels and self-administer insulin injections.

• Major Developments in the Child Custody Case of Raymond vs Raymond
  • Tameka wants Usher to know his kids don’t want to be with him
  • Usher and Tameka don’t get along for the sake of their kids

139 Responses to “Usher Reveals His Son is a Type I Diabetic”

zurishay says:

Im so sorry to hear that. Bless that child.

Ms Peaches says:

I really thought the child had to be overweight, my bad. I know that its important to monitor childrens eating habit. This fast food world we live in is the work of the devil.

but whose face is blotted out by usher’s head like that? :rofl: SR shaded the hell out of somebody.

was that the bridesmaid he cheated with? :thinking:

kamadiva says:

As long as he stays diligent in monitoring the child’s intake, he should be fine.

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Wasting time says:

:pray: for that baby, being diabetical is no joke.

Jdore says:

“Sometimes you’re looking at me and we’re off camera, and I’m online looking at numbers” How we know what he looking at since he’s off camera :duh: I hope the baby alrite tho cause I’d hate to see Tameka go through this again with other child

Ms Peaches says:

I really thought the child had to be overweight, my bad.

thats Type 2. Type 1 is when your own body just doesnt process insulin correctly.

Gigi26 says:

Awww that’s horrible!! I :pray: he’s able to cope with it properly and that he lives a fulfilling life :yes:

I’m pre-disposed for type 2 diabetes (i’m insulin resistant now) but hell i’m living :yes: just some changes is all I need and I’ll be fine. It’s genetic and i’m far from fat too. That ish can happen to anyone

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

WHY IS JESUS WEARING GLOVES?! HIS SCARS ARE HEALED! HE IS NOT THE USHER IN HEAVEN! HE SITS ON THE THRONE!! :mad:
      +____________________________________
      @Nancy: I know He was healed but for the imagery I had to take it there. I pictured Jesus with Mickey Mouse white gloves on :crying1:

sassyshe says:

Sad for a kid that young to have to go through that

Gigi26 says:

They just have to really adjust his meals n make sure he understands how important this is…man childhood type 1 diabetes is no joke at all :no:

Herefortheview says:

This is sad, especially for such a young child. Everything they eat has to be monitored.

This fast food world we live in is the work of the devil.

:yes:

Hey now, Peaches! :waves:

Buttercup says:

One of Lil Butter’s teammates has juvenile diabetes. I feel so bad when his parents have to prick his finger during a water break. The young lad seems to handle it well.

Herefortheview says:

Maya Fox Davis…that’s no secret. Didn’t Tamika went after here during the custody battle.

kamadiva says:

@User – why did I click!? :blink: Had to stop watching before she fell!

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Here for the View: You just gone come up here in this somber post, make a serious comment with that gravie??? You ain’t ish yo :lol:
      I am about to go find me a gravie. Let me take down Geneva and Lil Walter sad selves

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

@User: email me please at takencell@yahoo.com
      ASAPIDly

But the boys are not even fat. :eyeroll:

Aww poor baby. :(

Thando says:

Usher and Tamika. Sometimes when everything plus the kitchen sink seems to be throwing itself at you….. take a step back and evaluate your spiritual life. I don’t believe in that ‘sins of the father’ line but sometimes it’s best to err on the side of caution. Don’t let your children’s souls be affected by the choices you made for your own souls.

I’m truly sorry for the wee lad. I know two people in my life who have had this for all their 34 and 17 years of life. They do not let it bother them and I sometimes sense that we worry about them more than they do. I guess it’s habituation theory. I have also witnessed the stress when sugar levels flacuate for no reason and it’s touch and go…. God bless the wee lad.

I pictured Jesus with Mickey Mouse white gloves on :crying1:
      _________________________

*heavy sigh* …makin it worse Taken… :no: makin it worse…
      (i kinda thought you had MJ’s glove in mind… :oops: )
      :kona: :bow: <<<<repintin

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Ole LordT. I done wrote it out like a hyperlink :facepalm: I moved too fast :smack:

Ms Peaches says:

@ User Friendly- Damn it I clicked :hahaha:

Hey Nancy :waves:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

I clicked it and it took me to fb… I saw people I knew and panicked. Which is why I asked for the email :hahaha: I don’t know why it didn’t work for me on my phone.

Wasting time says:

kamadiva says:

:offtopic: Kenya fired from Celebrity Apprentice…for stealing phones from people. :blink:

Ray Allen’s son has this too. its sad the kids get these afflictions.

these kids get used to being pricked in their fingers. i dont think it hurts.

To Me any needle is scary :(

:tape: Oops… :kona:

missyJ says:

Skinty do not mean healthy. I try to tell folks all the time!

*looks over shoulder for OTB*
      :gossip: did anybody see on Duck Dynasty where one of the lil grand doorters had to go in for an operation on her cleft palate? well, they had a big family gathering in support of her ‘big day’ and when she had gave her lil thank you speech she said that when she feels afraid she remembers her favorite Bible verse “be still, and know that I am GOD” …Lawd why i bust out crying byke there in the room, and had to struggle to get myself together fore Mister nosey self came byke there to see what all that sniffling was fur. :no: Bless all these brave little ones :love:

Herefortheview says:

Mickey Mouse Gloves, Wee Lad. Must log off, to save my soul.

@KamaDIVA
      I read about Kenya, being a clepto. Serious it’s rather silly to me.
      the hayle she stealing folks Phones for?
      To Sell on craigslist?

someone let me know what happened when you clicked User’s name :tea:

missyJ says:

Kenya fired from Celebrity Apprentice…for stealing phones from people.
      ===============

Was it on her day awf?? :rofl:

OpinionHated says:

My grandaddy had type 1 and lived to 83 – towards the end we would give him his shots – belly buttocks arms and legs…. A lot of blacks get type 1 especially those with caribbean herritage….. one of my nephews thug friends is in jail with diabetes but this dummy won’t eat right so they just cut off another toe – Halle Berry is diabetic… probably why she always at the supermarket getting fresh produce…

But because I dislike Tameka I’ll say her old azz ovaries did the kid in…

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

@User on my phone it kept taking me to my fb home page. I clicked on it for kicks on my work ‘pruter and it came on all loud :whistle: DRIVER ROLL UP HE PARTITION PLEASE..I DON’T WANT YOU TO SEE YONCE ON HER KNEES
      *packing my stuff up in a box* I.HATE.YEW :crying1: Me scrambling to mute the volume :woohoo:

Excuse me, I do not judge ppl who supprt racists! :shrug: Where is yall getting this from?????????? :wtf:

:gossip:

:shock:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

@Here: You know them mickey mouse gloves is funny :hahaha: I love the Lord! He knows my heart!!!!!!!!

Wasting time says:

@Nancy!
      I saw that and it was sad. What is sadder is that I ain’t know she had the issue until that episode, I would just say to myself “Boy I hope the family genes kick in soon” Made me feel even worse :no:

Kenya fired from Celebrity Apprentice…for stealing phones from people :blink:

:shocked:

:no: :tape: not gonna say it :no:

Skinty do not mean healthy. I try to tell folks all the time!
      ________

:no: *plugs ears*

I.HATE.YEW
      _________

My ear phones are plugged in and it IS SO LOUD!

kamadiva says:

Is she that broke that she can’t afford a phone? Hell, Metro is down to $25/month.

kamadiva says:

@MissyJ – you are right! I am considered skinty by most and I know I ain’t the healthiest. :shame:

:tape: Oops… :kona:

:hahaha: where is this fool going tho’? lawd… :hahaha:

kamadiva says:

I had to stop watching before old girl slipped off the rim in those Rainbow heels!

:thinking: Aren’t corsets suppose to pull you in and give your the hour glass shape? Why she look like a beer mug?

Have we blamed Tameka for this yet or nah?

where is this fool going tho’? lawd…

________

:oops: Just going to learn to read all the comments first. New month, new me. Dont want no prollems. :nun:

did anybody see on Duck Dynasty

HELL NO! :cuss:

I dont watch them ol racist ass racists ever since they said we was happy being slaves. :angry:

Numma 37 @Mayne. :tea:

SOTHERNGRL says:

@USER I see you aint chit I clicked on ya damn link thas what I get for being damn nosy I aint new round here I should have known. But chick thought she was getting didnt she. Between Bey rolling up the partition and Mimi curtain rodding alot of folks gone wind they azz up in the hospilla.:rofl: A damn mess.

Why she look like a beer mug?

_________

Gawd :dead: German perhaps? Is it the Germans who drink? IDk. I caint.

missyJ says:

click my name :tea:

=======

:stop: I ain’t pulled a fanga or clicked a name since 97. Don’t chu play with me

@KAMADIVA
      “@MissyJ – you are right! I am considered skinty by most and I know I ain’t the healthiest.”

STDs?
      :eek:

________

Next thing you know they will invite us to Paula Deen’s! :no: !!!

SN: So tempted to buy her cookery outta Big Lots. Its so deep discount yall. :conflicted: :confused:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Have we blamed Tameka for this yet or nah?
      _________________________

already covered. :tea: somebody said it was her old ass ovaries that did it.

missyJ says:

Have we blamed Tameka for this yet or nah?

==========

Tameka? No

Her ovaries? Yes

:tea:

:ghost: Yonder.

Buttercup says:

=========
      :hahaha: I haven’t been able to get jiggy with them since that incident. I used to love the show, but I can do without now.

________________________
      :rolleyes: :eek:

well if you said it to yourself, why would you feel the need to font it out loud, here, to ME?! :mad:

*sigh*
      goes byke to repent, AGANE! :bow:

kamadiva says:

Ohh..@Man…and here I was secretly crushing on you!

:nono: had an STD (knock on wood)

Herefortheview says:

Me too I can’t change my location, but I can change what side I put my part on and my login

:kona:

since 97
      _______

:rofl: :rofl:

@KAMA
      “Ohh..@Man…and here I was secretly crushing on you!

:nono: had an STD (knock on wood)”

:phew:
      Chit.. skinny people be talkin bout they sick. Chiiiid, I don’t trust that chit! :lol:

but I can change what side I put my part on

lmfaoooooo! :rofl: :rofl: I like you..

Gigi26 says:

But because I dislike Tameka I’ll say her old azz ovaries did the kid in…
      —————————
      YOURE A DEVIL! :lol:

capricorn83 says:

But because I dislike Tameka I’ll say her old azz ovaries did the kid in…
      ———————-

This is so wrong…. but I chuckled…

Diabetes is nothing to play with…can’t imagine dealing with it as a child

I ain’t pulled a fanga or clicked a name since 97. Don’t chu play with me

Right! :hahaha: :hahaha:

Herefortheview says:

Now that is just mean. Her ovaries? Don’t get no petition started

:ban:

Gonna call you Sundy.

Thought you were Friendly, kicks cans :sad:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

@OTB you better gone ahead and get them pots. But only cook for US :eek: That’ll even the score

Wasting time says:

lol.
      I’m good with the DD crew, since he said we was in the fields together and I ain’t so no unhappy peoples. If he had said my deddys slaves was happy it would have been off with his muvafukkin head!

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Gonna call you Sundy.
      ________________________
      Oh my D …it’s funny because it’s true.. it’s true because it’s funny :ghost:

Herefortheview says:

If you skinny you have a STD? But if you Thick and Plus size you ugly.

Well damn…..

:hahaha: :shrug:

Herefortheview says:

If you skinny you have a STD? But if you Thick and Plus size you ugly.

Well damn…..

Buttercup says:

========
      When I said that I patronized Hobby Lobby :ashamed: for Christmas decor, you encouraged me to keep my sweet, black, baby Jesus. I say go for it. She probably won’t profit from your purchase :thumbsup:

OTB by the time them pots get to Big Lots Paula done already got her money. its like paying a bill with a bill collector. the original company has already been paid off.

kamadiva says:

:ROFL: @ Man!

I don’t eat healthy, can’t get away from the Cards, Cheese and Sweets!

Even in my Heaux days, I made folx come with their papers. :nono: don’t play that…statistics high nowadays!

missyJ says:

Man, I wish I could tell/warn y’all…. The things that go on here, the folks that we hire :facepalm:

Gonna call you Sundy.
      _________

#burnnnnnn *tosses hair back like I said it* :fistbump:

Wasting time says:

:no: Sundy… She need another black eye.

Great Mistaken gonna talk all that chit with a mickey gravie :facepalm:

but I can change what side I put my part on and my login
      _________________________

:ghost:

Taken, you and Mickey tell the debil we say hey :nono: <<<not Jesus' gloves neeva :no:

If you skinny you have a STD? But if you Thick and Plus size you ugly.

Well damn…..

_______

New monf, new mayne! :hahaha: :rofl:

Gigi26 says:

Tamika better summon the prayer warriors, someone done put a vex on her :no:

Her and Usher need to fast for 3 weeks :yes:

I wish …
      _______

!!!! :nun: Granted! :popcorn:

says:

Awwwwww! :hug:

welp, on the bright side at least he has access to the best healthcare $ can buy :yes: #brightside

i hope they manage it well, diabeetus aint not JOKE!

Heyyy Roses! :waves: <—One touch monitor

Wasting time says:Great Mistaken gonna talk all that chit with a mickey gravie
      ~~~~~~~~
      I can see her jumping around in a big juice box with those gloves on. like Justin timberlAKE ON SNL

I aint gonna tell ya’ll the bottom of my screen is Advertising a Glucose meter,da hell.

FAY :wave:

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

NANCY BombshellEsq10 at :yahoo: guhl :ashamed:

Them pots is sold. :| I needed some. Not a splurge. :lol: Also, coupon. 20% off purchase. :lol:

San ah make ya dance says:

My dmn stomach HURT :rofl:

SOTHERNGRL says:

Tamika better summon the prayer warriors, someone done put a vex on her
      Her and Usher need to fast for 3 weeks
      ***********************
      It would mos def help. She got to do something, They getting like the damn Kennedys with all this bad azz luck.

missyJ says:

If you skinny you have a STD?

==============

Not eggsactly it’s like this

If you find yourself both skinny and sick,
      Chances are you have a diseased dyck,
      But if happy and fat ye be,
      Fear not for an STD
      Most likely your nethers have nary been touched
      For when most gaze upon you,
      All they can say is FCUK!

says:

Gigi26 says:

Tamika better summon the prayer warriors, someone done put a vex on he

:bite: lawd i hope not!

we concernt outchea bout my lil cuzzo. thank his new wife dun rooted him! :eek:

Herefortheview says:

Real Talk Type 1 Diabietes serious and is considered a autoimmune disease and something he was possible born with.

Also prevalent when the lazy mama didn’t breastfeed, which in this case I confer with Ms. Friendly aka Sundy

But old scrambled ovaries had nothing to do with it.

(CHurch Hug)

Aww that’s sad. He’ll be fine! He should be able to eat right :yes: Good thing they found out early on :tea:

OAN:I just saw on the elvator yesterday that IF you got low blood sugar, you probably act real bishy <–paraphrase :yes:

says:

Luvn! :cheer: what it dew chica?

OTB

@MissyJ – :ROFL:

Fay :kiss:

My E-nephew is finna BALL OUT :steer: <– his 2034 spaceship :lol:

Ms Peaches says:

Her and Usher need to fast for 3 weeks

——————————————-

Now you know Tamika is gonna think Fuk:thankyou:, instead of fast for 3 wks. Any way she can get it.

San ah make ya dance says:

:waves: Fay

Buttercup says:

we concernt outchea bout my lil cuzzo. thank his new wife dun rooted him!
      =======
      What make y’all think that, Fay :popcorn:

B
      why another site is saying Trine Bean needs to be on suicide watch?

I can see her jumping around

I CAN’T :no:

Lemme try to think about it harder… NOPE still can’t :no:

:kona:

says:

OTB what i DEW?! :kiss:
      how’s errythang?

Luvn :crying:

HELL NAWL! yew?

Herefortheview says:

Come byke User Friendly. You know alot “older” women up in here.

I’m like the other person, but not as many pets. No children and don’t want any….I like toys too much.

Trips, liquor, sleeping all week-end, going from job to job, new mate every other month. Kids wold not work in that plot.

Feel me…

Not a trick or whore, just like my freedom

Buttercup says:

Where are my manners? :waves: Fay.

Doesn’t Talk To Strangers says:*overdramatic voice* LuvLife, you were looking for Fay yesterday, no?
      ~~~~~~~~

Not a trick or whore, just like my freedom
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      San’s next t-shirt for the :chickenhead: ‘s

Not you, them :eek:

HELL NAWL! yew?
      ~~~~~~~~~~~
      No I almost scheduled for tomorrow.. :bite: but I have to be out of the sun, covered and baby the skin for 3-4 weeks. its worth it BUT..
      my swimming pool stays calling me.

Im gonna go when the fall hits :crying1:

Lemme think of a song to sing :thinking:

Could this be your face I seeeeeen
      On my computer screennnnnnnnnnnnn
      :whistle:
      Computer Love
      Awwwww Baby
      Computaaaaaah :D

San ah make ya dance says:

:rofl: what are you talking bout D

Herefortheview says:

Come byke User Friendly. You know alot “older” women up in here.

:huh: :wtf:

back from where?

I dont watch the reality shows so I dont get the Sundy reference :shrugs: sorry charlie.

:newpost:

San ah make ya dance says:

:newpost:

says:

Butta

:gossip:

chiiile! see, what had happened was that his wife’s sister is a ‘bury his drawls in the bykeyard type chic’ & is into all that. WELL, lil cuzzo been ackin a lil cray cray :bounce: not wanting to be away from her for any amount of time, jealous hearted & chit & he was NEVER like that. was always a playa playa type cat. NOW?! that joka be lookin for her ass in the daytime with a flashlight :blink:
      and i had done had the bish in my car prior to findin out so NOW i gotta do a house cleansin. no tellin if that heffa den dropped off some bad company eem though there haven’t been any disturbances, but STILL :eek:

speakin of, who watched SALEM this past sunday? :hide:

i is DISTURBED lawd!

EYE wasnt the one that called Tamika’s ovaries rotten tho, if thats what you mean. :rolleyes:

luVn_liFe… says:

B
      why another site is saying Trine Bean needs to be on suicide watch?
      ===========
      EYE saw you talmbout suicides last week :yes:
      I read something about how they occur in ‘spurts’ with different groups of people. It becomes ‘acceptable’ and not something that happens to others :shrug: and folks are usually depressed anyway, but it’s ‘catchy’ like yawns, smiles, sneezes <–those are just small examples of how it was expalined.
      It's in Tipping Point (Malcoml Gladwell).

Herefortheview says:

Sundy is from a old movie, what reality show?

San ah make ya dance says:

:ghost:

Not eggsactly it’s like this

If you find yourself both skinny and sick,
      Chances are you have a diseased dyck,
      But if happy and fat ye be,
      Fear not for an STD
      Most likely your nethers have nary been touched
      For when most gaze upon you,
      All they can say is FCUK!

just why?! :rofl:

User Friendly says:

We know who said it, don’t be like that :rofl: :rofl:
      =========
      San, IwasJS :shrug:
      :rofl: :gossip: It sounded like something a :chickenhead: would wear :kona:

B
      why another site is saying Trine Bean needs to be on suicide watch?

____

*rocks* :bite: I heard…bout French and Khloe bad built ass! BUT her FB talking like :box: she like she dont give a fukk about nann bitch feelings…old Trine?

:pray:

Buttercup says:

Fay, I :pray: that your cousin gets right, and you and your family aren’t affected my the foolishness. I would be too afraid of something backfiring to dabble with that.

Im gonna go when the fall hits
      _________

:hahaha: :rofl: :hug: Im sorry! In the meantime turn into a product junkie!!! :cheer: You should buy the in office stuff! I loveeeeee it.

Sundy is from a old movie, what reality show?
      -_____

:dead:

JerseyGirl68 says:

*Hugs* to Ms. Tameka Raymond. That woman is still standing!!!