Is Anyone Surprised That Odell Beckham’s ‘Fiancee’ Does Not Exist?

Odell Beckham Jr

When the St. Louis Rams selected gay football player Michael Sam as the 249th overall pick in the NFL draft, some of us chuckled because we knew that several gay players were already chosen ahead of him.

The other gay players chose not to come out as openly gay out of fear that their sexual preferences might affect their draft status. Sam was hailed as a “hero,” but he has since been exposed as an opportunist who came out for financial gain. There is no doubt that Sam’s sexual preferences for men affected his draft status.

Sources claim NY Giants rookie wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr (pictured above) was so worried about rumors of his sexual preference affecting his draft status that he, or someone in his camp, created an elaborate Manti Te’o-style hoax to deflect such rumors.

Odell Beckham Jr

A few months before the draft, a website that caters to sports groupies called Ballerallert.com named “model” Erica Mendez as Beckham’s fiancée. Within weeks a website called www.iamericamendez.com sprang up. Erica, the “model” posted sexy photos of herself that were republished by other blogs. The ruse worked: Beckham was chosen 12th overall in the draft.

All the while, Beckham never disputed the existence of his “fiancee” — even when NBC’s ‘Tonight Show’ host Jimmy Fallon linked Beckham to the model during Beckham’s appearance on the show.

In fact, Beckham didn’t complain about Mendez until after the draft, when Mendez made explosive allegations about Beckham in an interview with Radaronline.com. She even claimed they had a love child together.

Beckham would later claim he didn’t say anything about his fake fiancee because he thought the story would eventually defuse.

TheBigLead looked into the allegations and discovered that Mendez did not actually exist.

By using a reverse Google image search, TheBigLead tracked the images used on Mendez’s website to a California photographer, Milan Carter, who confirmed that Dior Patterson is the woman in the photos. A photo used by the NY Daily News last week was actually Patterson’s cousin, Jade Morning, 19.

It’s interesting to note that Beckham, Patterson, Morning, and Carter did not complain about the copyrights issues of the photos — even when major publications republished the photos as Erica Mendez — until last week.

Did Beckham forget to pay someone for helping him with the Erica Mendez ruse? And what is Balleralert.com‘s role in the hoax?

Photos: Instagram.com

97 Responses to “Is Anyone Surprised That Odell Beckham’s ‘Fiancee’ Does Not Exist?”

Buttercup says:

:facepalm: I had no-eye-deer that it was that serious.

:smack:

BigSisterGorgeousOne says:

Why even go thru all the trouble….just keep your mouth shut and play ball

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Why even go thru all the trouble….just keep your mouth shut and play ball
    ———
    Because it’s too much like right.

Sweet as this pineapple. :yes: Its only mildly sweet tho. I added Splenda. *spanks hand*

Let the boy play.

CHA CHA says:

WELP, HE STILL GOT SOME KISSABLE LIPS :kiss: :hump: AND I’D SMASH

BigSisterGorgeousOne says:

Right I forget people don’t have good sense anymore

The problem lies in the history…like, when youre in school and just doing your one too, you don’t really think about public image, that comes later when you start thinking draft…so his friends may very well “know” things about him, hence the need to create a different picture of yourself. :yes:

Buttercup says:

I do believe that we have a tendency to label too many black men as teh ghey, but I do :sideeye: Odell

gbellab says:

Sounds like a lot of trouble to go through.. Are scouts really googling prospect’s love interest in determining if said player is good for the team? :sideeye:

SummerBaby says:

I think it has to be a terrible feeling to even feel like you have to hide who you are & have fake fiancées.

Smonae says:

Hello Everyone :waves:

He sexy as phuck, but these pics screams he likes dyck :yes:
    Passes him along to my homie :hahaha:

sugar to shyt

*Bey stank face*

I had the greatest moment of petty in my life after I really saw her. You know how you’ve seen somebody but they are so :shrug: that you don’t really remem. what they look like? It happ’d to me. But I think I could recognize her now tho. She has been bumping into me a lot (I don’t realize its her till a bit later) lately and I might have to stand my ground cause she still has an issue with me. :karate: <—pepper spraying

She was not BRUTIFUL? <— :no: @MisT. And I remember him once saying that she was "fine as hell" so you know I was looking for all that. I mean I guess I can see where a man would go for it, but teeth on top of teeth? Just ugly…like ugly. Like no redeeming features. Like I see why you (still) deny it.

CHA CHA says:

Smonae says:

Passes him along to my homie

:nono: He is no SHANI CHRISTY young lady :hahaha:

You gotta check out your investment’s potential right? Like some teams wouldn’t even consider Sams bc they already know the culture of their team. Think of the Dolphins and that bullying chit they went thru.

=============
    If a potential employer who views a man who wears a wedding band as more stable and reliable, then I could see this.

SOTHERNGRL says:

I dont follow football so my first thought was who the hell is this O”dell :shrug:

Passes him along to my homie :hahaha:

:hahaha: Waddup Nae! :hug:

Oh I live for Panera’s spinach cheese and bacon soufflé :nun: I need to find the recipe cause GLORRAAAAYYYYY! It’s awesome.
    @Dub: yes Kim’s snatch has secured her a space in the whore dynasty history books. Oh forgive me. She is not a whore she just loves hard :grin:

I am not ashamed to admit I am a little confused about this write up. Not because of how it was written tho :nono: So we saying dude gay. He created a fake fiancé to cover it. She decided to up her role and he then got mad and had to address it. She then said never mind I was just playing I was hacked and now we all like :eek:

:nono: He is no SHANI CHRISTY young lady :hahaha:

OMFG :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That virginal ass bitch

This picha of Kim K, Kate Middleton, and Khloe’s asses together? :dead:

OMG Kim is so fukking stupid I’m mad her ass looks like this. :rofl:

It looked great on her wedding day.

I don’t want to comment on this young man’s bawdy :oops: What else we talking about *looks around nervously *

===========
    The ones with forgettable looks are the most dangerous. They could be :scared: peeping at your every move, and you wouldn’t be suspecting in the least bit.

I can’t talk about anyone’s teeth. I wore braces for almost 3 years, but I accidentally threw away my retainer. My bottom teeth look like they’re paying hide and seek. That’s okay. I’m going to get right as soon as my benefits kick in wherever my new gig shall be :kona:

Smonae says:

OTB & CHA :hugs:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

I don’t want to comment on this young man’s bawdy What else we talking about *looks around nervously *
    ———–
    His lips…unless we are counting that as his body….

Oh I live for Panera’s spinach cheese and bacon soufflé
    ========
    I’m sending Lil Butter to you then. He woke me up at 6:30 on Monday talmbout a souffle from Panera. The spinach bacon is his fave.

gbellab says:

them frosted tips shoulda given him right away :coffee:

@Butter: I am going to snatch all my teeth out my mouf and get them Denzels. Them Halle Berrys. Then Nenes. Then Greg Leakes. Ya’ll ain’t gone be able to tell me ish and I ain’t gone be able to close my mouth :grin:

Milky says:

:hi: I am still laughing at the last post :rofl: fifty please! Florida likes his form that is all that matters.

@OTB: About Bey writing them poems on wide ruled paper :hahaha: I too used to write stuff to recall it. I have Taken9 do it. But Beyonce in her 30s. The best tribute she could find for Maya was to write her poem and then post it like I WROTE UP LIKE DIS :grill: She loves her some self :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: Hide and seek! LMAOOOOOOO

No. She don’t give a fukk. HoneybadgerHood Gopher don’t give a fukk. :no: We fought before..I think she on some get back. Its been yearssss. :|

I wore a retainer too so I know what you mean. I will prolly have to get another soon as well. Teeth don’t stay trained (who knew?). But she has a British mouth. :nono: The result of your ppl just not giving fukks. And its always open. :eek: Maybe cause it caint close? Mouth breather? :| Ok now I feel slightly bad. *files nails*

===========
    :rofl: Go ‘head, guhl!

My brothers have Mama Butter’s smile. Pearly white, perfectly straight teeth. I have Daddy Butter’s smile :mad: He messed me up with that one.

What picture?
    _________

So the Dutchess’ dress blew up..again. And the world is supposed to not look bc Royal? :shrug: Anyway a German tabloid published them and put it next to Kim and Khloe’s ass, I guess as some kind of comparison. All the comments is like Kim’s ass is nasty.

Then they say like Kate’s ass is “sweet”. #crakkas :hahaha:

I don’t know him, but he’s cute regardless of sexuality.

I think I am going to do a turkey spinach wrap for lunch…. But it has a parmesan sauce. Yea that’s the ticket :eek:
    @OTB: Lemme go look

Ok now I feel slightly bad. *files nails*
    =========
    :rofl: The empathy!

Wasting time says:

:yawn:

MissSophiaizhere says:

How u dewing Ms.Odell yeah that pic up top on the left n that pose nah no one is :shocked:

goat76 says:

Just say you’re single when they ask about your love life. These naggras making up fantasies n shat.

deedeegirl says:

Ok what now? I didn’t follow any of that. LOL

Wasting time says:

Where is the confirmation that he is actually Gay? That would be a more interesting story :tea:

Buttercup says:

*deeeeeeeep sigh* So after all of my who-ing and ha-ing, I’m not going to leave Honey Dip. Lil Butter and I are still moving, but both Honey Dip and I are going to work in overdrive to get him back to GA.

Back to your regularly scheduled program :ashamed:

SoNastyandSoRude says:

Any man that puts blonde dye in his head and it isn’t for a movie role….gay…sorry

@OTB: As a person with a large posterior I try to stick up for fellow curvy bums but that picture of Kim in those khakis is just :no: Looks like a diaper exploded and she is just seeping in literal shhhhhhh eet…..
    but yes the back view of her in her wedding ceremony gown #FLAWLESS

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

———–
    Well I for one am glad to hear it. Good.

WAIT :stop: So your boo is knot coming with you yet? Is he waiting until he finds a job there? The one he interviewed for didn’t work? :(
    I know you gotta do what you gotta do but I hate being separated. Me and mine are dealing with this issue right now of having a job in another city/state from where you live. We gotta make some decisions soon :bite:
    *walks back in* Not if we gone stay together but where we will live. Yea I saw some of you like :woohoo: The Takens are not getting a divorce. At least not today. But tomorrow. TUH. He snores at night and that might take me to the brink tomorrow.

Wasting time says:

**************

I think Sandy expects this post to serve as confirmation. If he comes out as gay there will be a story about how he needs to keep his sexuality to himself. :hahaha:

VDot says:

SoNastyandSoRude says:

:thinking: Wiz Khalifa? Jaden Smith? :lol:

==========
    No, he ain’t coming yet :wail: He was in the final rounds for 2 jobs that would have him based in ATL, but he wasn’t selected for either. He has a job here, but he won’t start until July. In the mean time, he’s still applying and interviewing for jobs in GA.

Thanks Keya and Juliana :hug:

Carrington says:

An NFL player comes out & he’s villanized and made to look like an “opportunist” because, well, we all know that queens are so strategic that they plan to spend YEARS playing a sport with the spot on foresight that some day he’ll enter the NFL draft and, armed with that knowledge, he can use the subsequen selection for financial gain…

I need to meet this Sam MF and get the Powerball numbers for tonight.

Soooo, all the OTHER NFL players who’ve managed to work out huge contracts with the league, endorsements and reality shows did it for the VINE – while Sam balled to exploit the game for financial gain?

Maybe, just maybe, Sam realizes that, as the first – his career will be scrutinized more than any other player on the field for the duration of his contract and the first “bad season” or missed pass and he will be fodder for demands to be dropped and his decision to make as much money as possible is rooted in the fact that SOMEONE on his management team realizes that he needs to get it done WHILE it’s possible.

On another note – isn’t it a bit hypocritical to blast the brother who came out FOR coming out, while ATTEMPTING to out the one who hasn’t in the next paragraph???

Maybe THAT’s why Sam came out. Because we don’t really want them to come out on their own – it makes for a better story when we can speculate.

“Don’t you dare come out on your own, WE want to out you. You just wear a tight suit so we can get the speculation going.”

VDot says:

we all know that queens are so strategic

________

This is as far as I’ve made it :rofl: :rofl:

*Let me go back up*

VDot says:

we all know that queens are so strategic

________

This is as far as I’ve made it :rofl: :rofl:

*Let me go back up*

:eek: How yall doing? Deelishis egg plan parm over here. :pizza:

bama_n_jersey says:

What is the point of the lie? You could have just been single going into the NFL.

Oh yea…I’m not a newbiew. I actually posted a couple of times some years ago…before “The Man” put the :lock: on the website… :danban: <<<Me once I figured out it was no longer locked :thankyou:

:love: Yes, OTBizzle there is a Santy Claus. :heart: I asked for this for Xmas in July. :yes:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Don’t you dare come out on your own, WE want to out you
    ————
    This I don’t agree with. I don’t care if they are gay or straight. Just play the damn game. And be good at it. Period. Why is it so important that all of a sudden we know if they like boys or girls? Really, who cares?! They are not the first and won’t be the last gay players. IJS

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@Butter your welcome from us both. lol.

@ Carrington: Maybe Sam is an opportunist because he realized the Gay Agenda made coming out a lucrative option for him. Or maybe Sam realized he should capitalize on his gayness by coming out before the draft. Didn’t Sam say he wished the reporters would focus on his football skills? Then we find out later that he signed a reality show contract with Oprah before the NFL draft. Where is Johhny Manziel’s reality show contract? Maybe the other gay players chose not to come out because they really wanted to focus on football and not their sexuality? Beckham is being dragged because he might be as disingenuous as Manti Te’o and Michael Sam.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Yea I saw some of you like The Takens are not getting a divorce. At least not today. But tomorrow. TUH. He snores at night and that might take me to the brink tomorrow.
    ———-
    Was it Mr.Taken saying yall NEVER breaking up, and he would just move to the basement? Or was that someone else?

OTB just keep staring out into spaced like this to ignore it :eek:
    @Butter: it’s going to work out of both of us :yes: :pray:

=========
    You tried to tell me. It’s good enough for Okra. Okra, man! She has her own chai tea.

I guess it can be good enough for Butter too… until he moves back to GA :hahaha:

@Keya;: that was my husband *proud Angelina leg thrust out* :grin:

Why they trying to say Beyoncé cheating with Julius in the mags? Ain’t that her cousin? :rofl:

Buttercup says:

it’s going to work out of both of us :yes: :pray:
    ==================
    Even though your winds blow I want you to know
    You cause me no alarm cause I’m safe in His arms
    Even though your rain falls I can still make this call
    Let there be peace now I can say go away
    I command you to move today
    Because of faith I have a brand new day
    The sun will shine and I will be okay
    Thats what I told the storm

‘allelu’ :woohoo:

*just caught the holy ghost*
    GLOOOORAAAAY :woohoo: :ghost:

O K R A :nun: :yes:

:hahaha: Listen. We know why the caged Birds sing. :yes:

*places prayer cloth over MsT*

:woohoo:

COUNT IT ALL JOY! :nun:

Beta says:

Why are the suspect ones so dam cute :no:

VDot says:

The irony of yall taking it to church while I’mover here reading the comments on an old Eddie Long – No Hands post. #JesusFixIt

Yall Maya dead :crying:

Frfr…did I tell yall I am homeschooling my middle schoolers? :| :bite: :) Keep us in your prayers.

OTB *hands under chin* why we home schooling?

VDot says:

Can I sign up? I wanna learn too :yes:

===========
    I didn’t know it was possible, but I just fell deeper in love with you :love:

I wouldn’t know where to begin with homeschooling. Tell me more.

:wail: Gone to see the King tho! And when a writer loves you, you never die. Maya lives infinitely. :crying1: :brokenheart:

Eddie Long – No Hands post… I caint. :rofl: :rofl:

The Pearl! says:

Back to your regularly scheduled program :ashamed:
    I’m glad you’re not leaving Mister Butter. From what you’ve said, he sounds like a good man. If you know/feel in your heart he’s the one, I say you should definitely stay, @Butter. :yes:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Even though your winds blow I want you to know
    You cause me no alarm cause I’m safe in His arms
    Even though your rain falls I can still make this call
    Let there be peace now I can say go away
    I command you to move today
    Because of faith I have a brand new day
    The sun will shine and I will be okay
    Thats what I told the storm
    ————
    That song makes me cry every time.

==========
    Thanks, Pearl. :hug: We’ve had many heart-to-hearts, and he’s shown me that he loves me, but I was being too selfish to see it. I love that slope-headed dude.

“Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.”

Well, I spazzed a little bit kinda :oops: They called about some bullchit, saying OTB13 was skipping. First thought, imma whoop her ass. :karate: But when I finally get to her, turns out another Dean had given her a pass to basically skip a class (she would go to the Dean’s ofc during the period) bc the teacher is like Team Petty captain.

Instead of my hot head explaining that to the hall monitor who is also a Dean, she told him he was doing too much and walked off. :hahaha: lbvs…this is her problem; “defiance” is what they call it. To me its “teenaged” need to possibly be backhanded and publically shamed. anyway when I went up there I said, ”oh well I will def punish her about being disrespectful but she wasn’t actually skipping… this is just simple miscommunication and everything should be right as rain since she actually had a pass.” Well the Dean tries to toe the line saying maybe she should have went to class and informed the teacher (who hates her pretty much) that she was going to skip the class and go to the Dean’s ofc…blah blah blah.

If this had been OTB12, maybe it would have went down like that but not this one. Anyway, pretty much told them that this type of chit was going down for the last time with me and mine. I said that bc they wanted to suspend her for the whole last week of school, not for the skipping but for the defiance (telling the man he doing too much). I told them I can’t let them do that to my kid’s record for their failure to be informed on what each other is doing.

I asked for 13 for withdrawal…and the smug admin was like :shrug: basically. Till she heard me say 12 too. (you know the gifted kids mean $$$ for the school) Then the principal was called up (umm was I supposed to get scared? These ppl even think parents are kids…) I explained to him in great detail the disparities I had noticed from mainstream to exceptional, black to white, etc. The poor man was beet red. I told him don’t worry, no school board for me. Im just done with yall. :yes:

TL;DR We are homeschooling bc public middle schools in my hood suck ass if you are just “regular.”

VDot says:

How do the kids feel about being homeschooled?

OTB that sucks :no: I totally get your frustration and stance. Sounds like this all could have been solved (a few times before it got to you) if communication had occurred. That one petty Dean is not going to cave. They will refuse to be wrong. They need to call Iyanla

I wouldn’t know where to begin with homeschooling.

You would not believe all that chit out there to get us started! I had no idea and I see why the public schools keep it under wraps! In florida they have a central site you can start off and really you branch of from there.

My kids are considered private schoolers so we have an “umbrella” school basically, that keeps attendance, records, etc, but really its all up to you what you want to teach. Of course if you want a traditional diploma after 12th you follow a certain track.

In Florida I think its something like 180 days of school, so when you write your plans you can study whatever as long as you meet the requirements. My kids use a site called FLVS…Florida virtual school. And its basically all organized and set up so it becomes really simple to start out. I can see how folks get overwhelmed tho. But we are enjoying it. PE was a skatepark last week and I thought my son would kiss me. :lol:

“Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.”
    _________

Buttercup says:

she told him he was doing too much and walked off.
    =========
    :rofl: It took me a good 2 minutes to get past this part.

Bey, I am SEW proud of you! We have to be sure that we protect our babies. Suspension for saying something slick is overkill. Hopefully, the school will take this as a lesson learned.

A breakdown of communication and defiance were the only issues and could’ve easily been discussed and remedied. Girl, you’re my She-ro! :heart:

The Pearl! says:

==========
    “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.”
    Wayminit!! Slope headed, you say? You ain’t neva revealed that lil tidbit befoe! :hahaha: I kid, I kid!!!!

How do the kids feel about being homeschooled?

Well MissTooMuch is def wishing she would’ve just told the man she had a pass! :hahaha: She is social so the lack of socializing is BAD for her. Like I told her we all gotta suffer a little bit for your bad ‘tude; you gonna suffer a lot more if you don’t get it together.

12 is mad as a snake. He had JUST joined the football team. But like I was tryna explain to him I will never support an environment that puts one over another bc one “tests” better. My son is always in some chit; very playful like 12yo boys are wont to be, but he never gets referrals cause the teachers are willing to deal….besides getting off track and clowning (he is very funny :shrug: ) he is most often the brightest spot in class. 13 is too cool for school. She is a low B student. A consistent C in the class with the hateful teacher. Nobody aint gonna be going all out for her, ya know. I don’t like it. All five of my children learn differently but I tell you what it pisses me off to no end to see the chit the smart on paper kids get vs my other more traditional learners.

Wasting time says:

PE was a skatepark last week and I thought my son would kiss me. :lol:
    ==========================
    OMG I bet he was going to!
    That sounds awesome.

Buttercup says:

I just checked out the website that I see commercials for everyday. k12 . com. I pegged it as a for-profit education program, but it looks like it has some great resources. I would love to homeschool Lil Butter. Maybe once he gets older. I think he needs the interaction with other kids at his age.

That one petty Dean is not going to cave.

Deeper than rap. The principal told me she will be at another school next year. So I guess it wasn’t just us.

==========
    :yes: Head like a ramp :lol:

VDot says:

Well MissTooMuch is def wishing she would’ve just told the man she had a pass!

:lol: She was at home like :blink: What you mean I ain’t going back to school? :mad:

:love: Mama OTB! Won’t nobody watch over the babies like a mama will!

I think you’ll be great at it. You seem like you have the patience and the willingness to teach. And like you mentioned above, there is a TON of info out there on homeschooling.

:yes: And the school is notorious for it. I was speaking to a teacher at my Elementary kids school and she had the same complaints about her son who is in the magnet program (the one they tried to force me into signing my son up for). And this is not my first second or tenth go round with them. It really is a leadership problem.

:blush: Thanks for saying. I am actually having a harder time with my non-progressive family. You know Black ppl think I am crazy. “What you mean the kids don’t go to school?” :hahaha: :no: *rubs temples tryna explain to the olds*