T.I. Takes His Daughter to Tony Awards; Disses ‘Shekanas’ Everywhere

TI and daughter Deyjah

Rap tycoon Clifford “T.I.” Harris, Jr. took his 13-year-old daughter, Deyjah Harris, as his date to the Tony Awards in NYC yesterday. T.I. and other VIP guests attended the 2014 Antoinette Perry “TONY” Awards presented by The Broadway League and the American Theatre Wing at Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center in NYC on Sunday.

The 33-year-old rapper, actor, and producer stirred emotions on social media when he explained the Tony Awards to the “Shekana” types on social media– a reference to his less intellectual, ghetto fabulous “Family Hustle” co-star, Shekinah Jo.

Shekinah Instagram

Shekinah promptly responded with her own post, spelling her name right and explaining the meaning behind her name (“Glory to God”).

This could all be a publicity stunt for the show — which lags behind VH1′s other popular Atlanta-based reality show, Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta, by about a million viewers.

I understand getting the ratings numbers up, but at the same time, VH1 has cast T.I. and his wife, Tameka Harris as this generation’s Cosbys — and public image is one thing advertisers care about.

Photos: Johns PKI/Splash News and Instagram.com

• Rumor: Trouble in Paradise for T.I. and Tiny?
  • Trouble in Paradise for Ludacris and Eudoxie?
  • Photo of the Day: Tameka Harris Holds Goddaughter Laiyah
  • Tameka “Tiny” Harris Addresses Divorce Rumors On Arsenio Hall (Video)

98 Responses to “T.I. Takes His Daughter to Tony Awards; Disses ‘Shekanas’ Everywhere”

VDot says:

What about the mama calling Tiny out about :cell: TI? :popcorn: She said, “Tameka you look happy with your friends, but nothing absolutely nothing can replace the feeling of being happy with your man! Please have a serious talk with Tip?”

You think she trying to get more IG followers? Mama gotta have a life too. :lol:

Deyjah is a cutie pie :yes:

Ms Peaches says:

Nice father and daughter moment.

shina1936 says:

All that time Shekinah and Tiny been friends and he doesn’t know how to spell her name…weird. He was definitely throwing some shade.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Deyjah is such a cutie.

Such A F'n Lady says:

Please clarify, which one of the is the FOTB? :waits:

in what language does Shekinah mean Glory to God? what God? God Lee?

just because the name origin kiosk at the swap meet embroiders it on a plaque or a tshirt does not make it real :no: its only for play-play

VDot says:

TI can’t stand Shekana/Shekinah. :nono: I read where a man say, he’d rather his wife talk to a man than a single woman. I’m thinking it may have been TIP :lol:

As for Shekinah meaning Glory to God, let me go :pc: I need to do the research to make sure the answers are matching the questions :huh:

Such A F'n Lady says:

Wait is the top of that dress see through? :sideeye: I don’t think I like that on a 13 year old. :nono:

buddapecan says:

TI done toe his a*s with me (and lawd knows i loves me some TIP) so I won’t comment on his childish behavior or the way Shekinah gathered his a*s oh so gently. :coffee:

Smonae says:

They need to just stay off IG :no:

VDot says:

Welp, I’ll be d@mned. “From the Hebrew word ??????? (shekhinah) which means “God’s manifested glory” or “God’s presence”. This word does not appear in the Bible, but later Jewish scholars used it to refer to the dwelling place of God, especially the Temple in Jerusalem.”

SummerBaby says:

Deyjah is a cutie! I really wish they would take their issues off social media.

free says:

if this is for the show, it doesn’t look good on TI. this nigra looking bitter as hell. and then his mama begging tiny to talk to him? seriously?

i think shekinah is what they say when they’re speaking in tongues. i never knew what they were talking about until now.

shina1936 says:

@User Friendly, Shekinah is from the Hebrew language. It can mean that or God’s presence, or God’s dwelling place.

VDot says:

:thinking: I wonder if Mama Tip reached out to TI on IG and told him to take his azz home and have a talk with Tiny? Probably not :no: You know how that goes :eyeroll: :lol:

Buttercup says:

Shekinah’s name does mean Glory to God :yes: I remembering reading up on it when I used to jam to “Yes.” :woohoo:

datsmdubya2u says:

How do u pronounce this name? Shake ka na? Shin nee kah? Shay ca ca? Shinny ka?

OpinionHated says:

This is childish and I’m sad that Tip would stoop to this level – I had mucho respect for him cause he seemed above the bullsh*t but these recent ravings and what I consider angry behaviors got to stop – grow up – you bigger than this Tip….

free says:

and does tip really think HE is “refined”?

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@vdot I was thinking the same thing. Smh

Ms Peaches says:

Nice father and daughter moment.

all these dudes out here trying to shine this week so we dont cuss they asses out this coming Sunday. niglets aint did jack for the other 364 days out the year and now they expect to get them a new wrench set from Sears this weekend. :rolleyes:

of course this doesnt apply to the Kang. its just something I noticed ever since June started. watch how many pictures you see on social media between now and the 15th :tea:

free says:

******************************

umm, NOT.

VDot says:

I do like Shekina’s response to the shade :yes: It has to be a difficult line to toe. Your best friend’s hubby throwing shade, and you can’t :clap: back the way you really want to, because more than likely they’ll make up and then it can be awkward…

When is the last Family Hustle show? It has to be nearing the end. All of this is not a publicity stunt :no:

free says:

datsmdubya2u says: How do u pronounce this name? Shake ka na? Shin nee kah? Shay ca ca? Shinny ka?

********************

shucky ducky

Shuh-Ky-Nuh: This word does not appear in the Bible, but later Tyrone and Dee-Rock and nem printed it out on a screenprint in Dee-Rock’s baby mama house and it was so written :nun:

there. fixed it for you :grill:

Wasting time says:

OH… This is all for ratings :tea: I see . .

Savannah says:

Really Tip? That was so childish. She handled it well as she could cause that’s still Tinys husband.

San ah make ya dance says:

I must admit I chuckled when I saw this :hahaha:

San ah make ya dance says:

shucky ducky
      ————–
      :ghost:

datsmdubya2u says:

Shucky ducky….ok got it! :yes:

OpinionHated says:

@ UserFriendly you’re so right – I expect the Puffy post with his 15 bastard children in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1… and no I ain’t calling his kids names just titling them appropriately – wanna be father of the year and ain’t marry not one of yo baby mamma’s all while posing up with a pre-pubescent looking concubine – GTFOHWTS….

San ah make ya dance says:

————-
      that song gets me everytime especially at the end :yes:

MissHarlem says:

San ah make ya dance says:

————————-

sassyshe says:

Like I said below shekinah is the toya 2.0, she made tiny too independent. Tiny started taking more business ventures outside what TIP wanted to help shekinah and by so doing got too big for her britches (in tip mind). Tip thought that if he did a throwback ala 2005/2006, tiny would give up everything and be the dutiful wife that he trained her to be. He didn’t count on tameka realizing this time she got papers on that negro and he got more to loose with the dissolution of the marriage than she does. Tip just need to put his tail between his legs and go home and beg

Wasting time says:

Shekinah sold herself short :yes:
      Among the Hebrews one of the traditional names of God is the Shekinah, and, interestingly, it is a feminine gender noun. Many Hebrews saw her as the mother or feminine aspect of God.

San ah make ya dance says:

—————
      Single woman be like fugg that nig. You don’t need nobody :rofl: :tea: I don’t blame em and the same for a man

Unshakable says:

@DatsMDub,

Both NaNa and KiKi are acceptable :rofl:

DeyJah is cute, she’s going to be a very pretty young lady.

its always the second chancers and refurbished Mofos
      :tea:

SJ says:

Tip is no position to make insults about anybody’s intellect or worldly knowledge.

I’ve seen plenty of his failed attempts, using “big words” in the wrong context.

Shekinah handled it very well.

aRoTh says:

:gossip: So did anybody discuss the Tichina Arnold/French Montana read?

San ah make ya dance says:

Awww she has his smile

San ah make ya dance says:

Single woman be like fugg that nig. You don’t need nobody I don’t blame em and the same for a man

I always tell my friends, well you know you cant stay with me, rite? betta work that ish out. men usually die first anyway. just keep feeding him and wait it out. make sure you got life insurance though so we can chill on the beach when the time comes. :)

MissHarlem says:

I had a debate about her name since she first stepped on the scene. You would be surprised at the names that other cultures have that we may see as “ghetto”
      #themoreyouknow

sassyshe says:

@user :hahaha:

aRoTh says:

So did anybody discuss the Tichina Arnold/French Montana read?

no, but I like them both! do tell :popcorn:

SOTHERNGRL says:

So did anybody discuss the Tichina Arnold/French Montana read?
      **************************
      @ARoth nawl. what had happened why Pam had to get Frenchie together. :popcorn:

San ah make ya dance says:

————–

Wasting time says:

Puffy can post up with his “15 bastards” even though he hasn’t married those women those kids are more than taken care of. Even the oldest that wasn’t his bastard to take care of, and we all see how they interact as a family and they all know who they brother and sisters are. He may not be perfect but he can easily be dad of the year.

Chit I don’t even like him but will not front on his parenting

Morning Roses! :waves: Happy Monday!

………….

*gets ready to act a plum fool*
      :shocked: is that..?! please tell me…?! Lawd my eyes…?! :shocked:

B U T T E R ? ? ? ! ! :crying: :makidada: :cry:
      *twirls outta pew :woohoo: dances like david :danban: and promptly faints* :ghost:

Buttercup says:

refurbished Mofos
      ========
      :ghost:

MissHarlem says:

LUVN I’m gonna book my flight this week. Still don’t have a date though :lol:

sassyshe says:

you laughing but my friend’s husband beat her up a few years ago. she took him back and now he has gout and diabetes. coincidence? maybe. maybe not.

should be any day now :tea:

SummerBaby says:

So did anybody discuss the Tichina Arnold/French Montana read?
      ———————
      She went in! I was proud of the way she handled him.

Buttercup says:

So did anybody discuss the Tichina Arnold/French Montana read?
      ==============
      :tea: What happened? I :heart: Pam.

MissHarlem says:

AROTH hey hun :hug: are we still on a good path with savings?!

Wasting time says:

aRoTh says:

:gossip: So did anybody discuss the Tichina Arnold/French Montana read?
      =================================
      She read him for points :claps: and she never cursed. I loved how she defined her “big words” too.

I’m not going to front though, his picture and caption was funny though !

:woohoo: :hi: kay StankBuGG. :woot: let me send an S.o.S to hooking :D

BUddA! How’s it going?

aRoTh says:

@User & Southern

She read him ever so classy. He put up a not so flattering pic of her and said something along the lines of “Martin would tear her up”. When I said she gave him the business. Not one curse word to be found and then told him to donate to HER organization. It’s somewhere out there on the innanets.

aRoTh says:

….and keeping with the “reading” class. Did Quad’s husband not read the Khloe and Karie SH!T OUT OF HER and them damn dogs. That man wants him a BAYBEE….NOW!

Buttercup says:

==========
      :rofl: I cosign ALL of this!

Buttercup says:So did anybody discuss the Tichina Arnold/French Montana read?
      ==============
      :tea: What happened? I :heart: Pam.
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      Frenchis posted a not so flattering PIC of PAM and said If Martin could see this…
      It went from there

aRoTh says:

@Harlem

Savings? HELL NAH! Got a college kid who thinks she is some kind of heir to a throne somewhere. LOL

San ah make ya dance says:

I still don’t know who that dude is either :hahaha:

Buttercup says:

*screams Naaaaancy like Miss Celie* Me and you, us never part makidada. Me and you, us have one heart..I’m not kissing you in the mouth though :hug:

Savannah says:

:offtopic: Does anyone know where I can watch full episodes of Married to Medicine online ?

MissHarlem says:

AROTH damn kids :mad: well VA is still on my agenda :yes: I was happy for him last night.

Buttercup says:

he has gout and diabetes. coincidence? maybe. maybe not.

should be any day now
      ==========
      :tape: :hahaha: I’m sure I need to repent now :oldman:

Beta says:

Butt hurt much :tea:

Beta says:

Deyjah is so pretty I bet Tip have to :karate: those lil boys off

..I’m not kissing you in the mouth though :hug:

Word! My nig… :fistbump:

SOTHERNGRL says:

I still don’t know who that dude is either
      ******************
      @San if you talking about that French Montana dude I have no idea who he is. I think he is a wrapper who may or may not be fuggin Khole Kartraption.
      :shrug:

Buttercup says:

BUddA! How’s it going?
      ===========
      :hug: It’s going well, babes. We’re settled at Mama Butter’s and I should get some job offers in the next couple of weeks, God willing.

I’m “relaxing” now. I need to wash my aunt’s hair today, refinish some wooden chairs, give the garden some TLC. I come home, and my mommy wastes no time putting me to work.

This is not news. I already told you in the comments section that T.I. calls Tiny’s mom and begs her to reason with Tiny. Tiny’s nose is opened by an Atlanta street pharmaceuticals distributor.
      _____________________________________________

So can we assume that Tip got custody of the blog? Gotta ask, cause you know what happens when folks start ASSuming. :coffee:

WEll you got your “r&r” cut out for you :lol:

Buttercup says:

==============
      :cosign: Cause Mama Butter doesn’t have DVR and she and Lil Butter wouldn’t let me watch my shows last night. I couldn’t even watch Mama Maya’s homegoing because Mama Butter doesn’t have OWN :crying1: I’m about to sign her up for UVerse :coffee:

Tiny’s nose is opened by an Atlanta street pharmaceuticals distributor.
      ~~~~

Mhhhh Chille

And I’m not quite up to speed on “shade” but I could read so much into this line right here…..

“Tiny’s nose is opened by an Atlanta street pharmaceuticals distributor.” –Sandra Rose

Wasting time says:

So looks like Tiny don’t have a friend in Muva Rose huh …

Thats messy. she should have just kept having cookouts and fixing him a big plate like my friend does :yes:

best way to a man’s heart is thru his stomach :wink:

…..and by heart I specifically mean his arteries :tea: kill em with kindness. :) literally

Beta says:

Deyjah is so pretty I bet Tip have to :karate: those lil boys off

That’s why he keeps her close. :yes:

Aprilbaby says:

Hey Everyone!

Happy Monday!

Now that made me LOL for real. Tip is a mess :rofl:

San ah make ya dance says:

————–
      Yea, I think so :thinking:

San ah make ya dance says:

best way to a man’s heart is thru his stomach :wink:

————–

:newpost:

sassyshe says:

@savannah did you check bravo site

:lol: lemme stop playing before men be scared to eat.

so if i ever get a chance to font… I have a story for you all… good morning by the way :waves:

VDot says:

French Montana has one song I know :coffee:

But I be getting it when I hear it

:listen:

Work, work, work, work, work, work
      What you twerkin’ with
      Throw it, buss it open
      Show me what you twerkin with
      Azz so fat, need a lap dance

:shakebutt:

Wait, I’m lying, I know his other song :whistle: Nucca, I ain’t worried about nothing :danban:

VDot says:

“Tiny’s nose is opened by an Atlanta street pharmaceuticals distributor.”

@ ‘em or dap ‘em :tea:

aRoTh says:

Wait, I’m lying, I know his other song Nucca, I ain’t worried about nothing

I thought THAT song was by Futcha or 2 chains or even the Ying Yang twins. My goodness.

free says:

Wasting time says: So looks like Tiny don’t have a friend in Muva Rose huh …

************************

not at all…

free says:

Buttercup says:So did anybody discuss the Tichina Arnold/French Montana read?

*******************************

she asked that fool whether he owned his own name? :rofl:

iscream says:

Tycoon? Oh :coffee:

His mother was on Tiny IG trying to fix what they claim isn’t broken..

SoNastyandSoRude says:

but why did he feel the need to low blow shekinah? Lets be clear i’m sure he has not always known what the tony awards were… i swear people get new teeth and millions and get grand

SoNastyandSoRude says:

and who says “da” instead of the anyway… sir i was such a fan of yours.. I rocked with you since “i’m serious” dropped..but i’m losing intrest

Crimsontide says:

TIP has ben all kinds of ignorant lately. Where are their managers & PR folks? It feels like I’m watching a middle school break up. smh