Photo may have been deleted

Duncan PD

A group of angry fathers took matters into their own hands when a teen girl told them a man leered at her in a Cracker Barrel restroom.

The incident happened at a Duncan, SC Cracker Barrel restaurant on Sunday morning. A group of fathers were having breakfast with their daughters - members of a softball team - when a 15-year-old girl returned from the women's restroom and told her father a man was peeking at her from under the restroom stall.

The girl said she noticed something moving near her feet and realized it was a man's head coming from the stall next to hers. The 15-year-old wasn't the only girl in the restroom at the time.

"I'll never forget the way they looked after. They were traumatized," a witness said.

The outraged father asked a female employee to get the man out of the restroom so he could have a word with him. The employee found the man in a stall and told him to get out.

The girl's father confronted the man - identified as Douglas Lane, 53, of Charlotte, NC, as he exited the restroom. Other fathers joined in to "talk" with Lane.

"The guy came running, sprinting out the front door with a very bloody nose," a witness told WSPA.com.

Not done with their talk, the group of outraged dads pursued Lane into the parking lot and tackled him to the asphalt.

Lane tried to get away, but the fathers restrained him until police arrived.

Police recovered Lane's cell phone on the floor of the women's restroom.

Lane, a registered sex offender, was charged with voyeurism, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. He had been charged with peeping at least eight times prior to this incident.

Lane was released on $2,000 bond and will be monitored by GPS. The judge ordered he move to South Carolina, but he must have no contact with the victim or her family.
 

Gilbert Carrasquillo/GC Images

Nicki Minaj's ex-convict husband Kenneth "Zoo" Petty has been granted permission to be by the pregnant rapper's side when she gives birth to their first child.

Photo by BACKGRID

Petty, 42, is currently free on bond as he awaits trial for failing to register as a sex offender in California after he and Minaj, 37, moved to the state last summer from his native New York, where he was convicted of attempted rape of a minor in 1995.

The terms of his pretrial bond release require Petty to stay in California and obey a curfew. But he sought permission to travel with his wife on business, serving as her manager, so he can be present when the "Starships" rapper goes into labor in a few months.

Photo by BACKGRID

According to TMZ, Petty had the terms of his release amended on Friday, July 31, enabling him to travel with Minaj "periodically on business trips as her manager," which will ensure he is present when she goes into labor.

Other pretrial conditions will stay in place, meaning Petty can't use illicit substances and will continue to wear an ankle monitor.

He was granted access to the internet and social media apps in March.

The news comes days after Minaj confirmed rumors suggesting she is expecting the couple's first child by sharing photos from a fun maternity shoot.

The couple tied the knot last October.

Photo may have been deleted

Nicki Minaj has apparently had enough of the bad press surrounding her husband Kenneth "Zoo" Petty.

According to Rhymeswithsnitch, there are rumors that the couple has called it quits after two years. Over the weekend multiple fonts on social media claimed that one of Kenny's friends spilled the beans about the split on Instagram Live.

Petty, who was convicted of first-degree attempted rape in his native New York back in 1995 at age 16, turned himself in to authorities on March 4 after he was indicted by U.S. Marshals for failing to register.

The 41-year-old househusband pleaded not guilty and was freed on bond. A judge later granted Petty permission to go online after he registered as a sex offender.
 

This is an open post where you can discuss any subject matter. This post will not be censored or moderated. Disqus may automatically moderate certain words considered offensive. There are no rules in Open Posts. So enter at your own risk.

Photo by WENN/Avalon

Nicki Minaj's husband has been approved to surf the Internet while he awaits trial for failing to register as a sex offender in California.

Kenneth Petty, who was convicted of first-degree attempted rape in his native New York back in 1995 at age 16, turned himself in to authorities on March 4 after he was indicted by U.S. Marshals for failing to register.

The 41-year-old househusband pleaded not guilty and was freed on bond. As a condition of his bond, he was forbidden from going online without a supervisor's approval.

The purpose of the Internet restriction is to prevent sex offenders from perusing p0rn websites and being enticed to reoffend.

Photo by BACKGRID

Petty filed a request to have his Internet privileges restored, and on Monday, March 16, his wish was officially granted by a judge, reports TMZ.

Petty became a resident of California last summer after moving cross-country with Minaj, whom he wed in October.

Photo by BACKGRID

He previously served almost four years in a New York prison for the sex attack against a 16-year-old girl.

Petty finally registered as a sex offender as required by law, and Minaj's home address is easily accessible on California's sex offender registry.

Minaj previously dismissed trolls who mocked her husband online by saying he won't read their comments because he doesn't surf the internet. Apparently, she lied or she wasn't aware of her husband's online activities.

He is due to stand trial for failing to register his status as a sex offender next month.
 

This is an open post where you can discuss any subject matter. This post will not be censored or moderated. Disqus may automatically moderate certain words considered offensive. There are no rules in Open Posts. So enter at your own risk.

Photo may have been deleted

Photos by Getty Images

Nicki Minaj expressed her embarrassment after the feds arrested her husband, Kenny Petty, for failing to register as a sex offender in California.

Petty, who moved to L.A. from New York, was arrested back in November for not registering as a sex offender on the West Coast. He was released on $20,000 bond and ordered to register, as required by law.

Photo by WENN/Avalon

He was arrested again on March 4, when police determined he still had not registered. He was released on bond again, and, as of Monday, he is listed on the registry.

Among those sharpening their knives when the story broke was Wendy Williams, who slammed the Barbie rapper for marrying an ex-con sex offending murderer in the first place.

Williams, 55, who previously criticized Nicki for marrying Petty, didn't have time to broach the subject during her Hot Topic's segment on Tuesday. She told her audience she will lead with the story on Wednesday's show.

"That's going to be my first story tomorrow, and I'm going to lead with this: You should've never married him, because now you've ruined everything about what your brand could be, again. You're never gonna stand a chance when you're with a man who pulls a knife at rape point... a molester... a registered sex offender. You're never going to stand a chance with John Q. Public. Because there's only one thing worse than touching children and pulling knives, and that's murder. By the way, he did go to jail for manslaughter."

Question: Did Nicki destroy her career because of her poor choice in a man?

Photo by BACKGRID

It took two arrests for Nicki Minaj's husband Kenneth Petty to finally register as a sex offender in California.

Petty, 41, is now listed as a sex offender in the California Department of Justice's database, Page Six reports.

Petty was arrested last week by federal agents when he failed to register after a previous arrest in November 2019. He was released on $20,000 bond in November and advised to register, but he refused.

Photo by BACKGRID

Petty was 16 when he was convicted in 1995 of attempting to rape a 16-year-old girl. Despite registering in California, he still faces charges for not registering last year.

Nicki, real name Onika Tanya Maraj, was embarrassed and humiliated after the arrest, but she said she is "standing" by her man.

"Kenneth's arrest is embarrassing but it is not a relationship killer whatsoever. She has known Kenneth forever and knows the person he is and is in love with him and she wants this to go way as quickly as possible," a source tells Hollywood Life.

The source said Nicki, 37, will address her husband's March 4 arrest on an upcoming episode of her Queen Radio show.
 

This is an open post where you can discuss any subject matter. This post will not be censored or moderated. Disqus may automatically moderate certain words considered offensive. There are no rules in Open Posts. So enter at your own risk.

Photo by BACKGRID

Nicki Minaj's overly protective husband Kenny Petty was arrested by U.S. Marshals on an indictment for failing to register as a sex offender, TMZ has learned.

Petty was in federal custody Wednesday after he turned himself into the Marshals.

Photo by BACKGRID

According to court documents, he will be held until he faces a judge later today. Petty's troubles began after he got pulled over in Beverly Hills in November.

Cautious Beverly Hills PD ran a background check on the Black man driving an expensive vehicle, and determined Petty was a registered sex offender in New York state but had not registered in the state of California as required.

He was arrested and released on a $20,000 bond in November.

Petty's rap sheet includes a 1995 conviction for first-degree attempted rape. He served almost 4 years in NY state prison for the crime and was required to register as a sex offender. If convicted on the federal charge for failure to register, Kenneth, 37, faces up to 10 years in prison.

Nicki, 37, apologized after Petty shoved a Trinidadian singer who got too close to Nicki during Carnival in her native Trinidad and Tobago last month.

"Allyuh like sh-t eh? I go cus all yuh real fkn stink yuh know? [Kenneth] don't understand about our culture. I apologize on his behalf. He's always in security mode. All love. Love my country to death. Love my [people] to death. Period. … I should've told him it's a very comfortable family atmosphere. He's never been to a carnival in his life. Not even in Brooklyn, babe."

 

This is an open post where you can discuss any subject matter. This post will not be censored or moderated. Disqus may automatically moderate certain words considered offensive. There are no rules in Open Posts. So enter at your own risk.

Photo by David McNew/Getty Images

A teenage drag queen "accidentally" flashed minor children during a Drag Queen Story Hour event in Hennepin County, Minnesota.

According to published reports, the incident happened while a drag queen named Sasha Sosa, was reading to children at Hennepin County Library.

No photo

Photo: Summit News

The child advocacy group Child Protection League Action captured a series of images of Sosa exposing himself to the children.

Child Protection League Action said the story time event represented taxpayer funded "debauchery and sexual grooming."

According to the group, Sosa is 18 or 19 years old and regularly performs at strip clubs alongside 'Gemini Valentine', who also read books to children at the library while wearing a revealing leotard.

The Hennepin County Library reportedly failed to conduct a background check on the two performers before the event.

Parental groups routinely protest similar events held at libraries and schools, saying some of the performers are sex offenders.

Earlier this year, Summit.news published photos showing young children lying on top of a drag queen during a 'Drag Queen Story Time' event in Portland, Oregon.

32-year-old Albert Garza, who read to children at a Drag Queen Story Hour event in Houston, later turned out to be a registered sex offender who was convicted of assaulting an 8-year-old boy in 2008.

Democrats and progressives support the drag queen story time events and openly encourage children as young as 7 to take puberty blocker drugs to change their sex.

Kali9/Getty Images

A Georgia sheriff is determined to protect children by putting "no trick-or-treat" signs in the yards of registered sex offenders.

Registered sex offenders in Butts County are suing the Sheriff's Office for putting signs in their yards to discourage young trick-or-treaters, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Christopher Reed, Reginald Holden and Corey McClendon have asked a judge to order the law enforcement agency to stop warning children to avoid their homes on Halloween.

The registered sex offenders say deputies are trespassing on their land to place the unwanted signage.

The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court in Macon, Georgia, after Butts County deputies began placing the signs last year.

The signs read: "NO TRICK-OR-TREAT AT THIS ADDRESS!! A COMMUNITY SAFETY MESSAGE FROM BUTTS COUNTY SHERIFF GARY LONG."

No photo

Butts County Sheriff's Office

Sheriff Long reportedly asked 200 sex offenders in the county to display their own signs in their yards, or face unspecified consequences.

A hearing is set for Thursday at 9:30 a.m. for a judge to decide whether the signs violate the rights of sex offenders.

Ariel Skelley/Getty Images

In the meantime, Sheriff Long's deputies will continue to plant signs in the yards of all sex offenders to protect the children in the county.

"Regardless of the Judge's ruling this Thursday, I WILL do everything within the letter of the Law to protect the children of this Community," the sheriff wrote on Facebook.

The lawsuit seeks a jury trial and financial compensation for the stress, fear and humiliation the signs caused last year.

Photo

The Houston Public Library has canceled a controversial reading program after a man who was charged with sexually assaulting a child was allowed to read to children last year.

Drag Queen Story Time was launched in Houston by Trent Lira and Devin Will in 2017. The program featured popular local drag queens and kings who read to children as young as 2 years old.
 
READ ALSO: Houston library apologizes to parents for allowing sex offender to read to children at Drag Queen Story Time
 
The Freed-Montrose Library staff acknowledged they did not conduct a background check on Albert Alfonso Garza, 32, who was among the drag queens and kings reading to children during a Drag Queen Story Time event in September 2018.

Garza's criminal history came to light after ABC13 Eyewitness News learned that Garza was charged with child sex assault in 2008.

According to records obtained by ABC13, Garza's victim was an 8-year-old boy.

In a letter published on Tuesday, Lira and Will said they were "shocked and disappointed" when they discovered that one of the drag queen volunteers was a convicted sex offender.

"We had insisted and insisted that what we were doing was safe for children, and yet here was a performer who had been charged with sexual assault of a minor," they wrote in the letter.

Lira and Will said they were unaware of Garza's criminal background, but that it would have come to light if the library had followed its own policy of conducting background checks on all participants.

When Lira and Will spoke with Garza in October, he confirmed he had been convicted in 2009.

"It was devastating," they wrote.

They added that, since October, everyone who has participated in the program - including themselves - have undergone background checks that came back clean.

The Houston Public Library continued its support of the program. But after the public backlash over Garza's participation, the library staff decided it was best to end the program in the foreseeable future.

Lira and Will said the program was designed to teach children to be tolerant of others.

"People are being threatened. People are being hurt," they said.

"We believe in what we're doing, but we don't believe in putting our friends, our families, or our children in danger," they concluded.