Raven Symone

Former kiddie star Raven-Symoné confused her fans when she recently opened up to Oprah about her life and her sexuality. After years of staying mum on gossip regarding her sex life, Raven-Symoné put all rumors to rest with a single tweet. "I can finally get married! Yay government! So proud of you," the 28-year-old Atlanta native tweeted on Aug. 2, 2103.

"That was my way of saying I'm proud of the country," she told Oprah. "But, I will say that I'm in an amazing, happy relationship with my partner. A woman."

But even now Raven-Symoné seems to be wavering on her decision to come out of the closet and grab ahold of her identity. She's not exactly waving her sexuality like a flag of redemption.

"I don't want to be labeled 'gay,'" she said. "I want to be labeled 'a human who loves humans.'"

Outright rejecting the ethnic minority label 'African American,' Raven-Symoné said, "I'm tired of being labeled. I'm an American. I'm not an African-American; I'm an American."

She added: "I mean, I don't know where my roots go to.. I don't know how far back they go... I don't know what country in Africa I'm from, but I do know that my roots are in Louisiana. I'm an American. And that's a colorless person."

"You're going to get a lot of flak for saying you're not African-American. You know that, right?" says Oprah, feigning shock and surprise.

Despite the ongoing uproar on social media over her comments, Raven-Symoné is correct. At least one of her parents is mixed which means she's definitely not 100% black.

• Raven-Symoné Popped the Question to Girlfriend?
  • Raven-Symone Debuts New Hairstyle
  • Raven-Symone’s brother Blaize gets freaky on Myspace
  • Celeb Style: Raven-Symone
    • Beta

:tea: :yawn:

• Beta

She has funny eyebrows

• luVn_liFe…

“That was my way of saying I’m proud of the country,” she told Oprah. “But, I will say that I’m in an amazing, happy relationship with my partner. A woman.”
      ~~~~~~~
      :rolleyes:

• lovezoe

Obama was raised by white folks, yet what they called him. No matter how many Disney shows she does, guess whet they see her as? Only you not AA, but honey you black. Just like Tiger Woods. If Kimora can call herself black, you CB too boo boo. I guess being a 1% confuses that truth for ya.

• lovezoe

Oprah was like "Don't do it Miss Celie, don't do it.." She warned her. Kanye :shrug:

• luVn_liFe…

WASTING
      kimmode's pic in the middle :eek:

• http://Twitter@MsMarcella Afiya

Let's just label you 'confused' :yes: same person you been forever...'confused' :bye: Raven :smh:

• Ms Peaches

:no: We already fonted about her already. Come on Sandra.

This bytch is weird as hell :tea: I don't have the energy

• Unshakable

Well, being that we dissected this topic during the midniggt hour, i say...Raven boo, do you. I may not fully agree, but I respect your right to do what you do.

#growth :rofl:

• Wasting time

:shrug:
      I don't see the issue.

• A.J.

NO AJ don’t got Pearl in the Gravie!!
      I love it!!!
      _______
      Shole do :lol: nosy af and telling the truth

• Rib of Chan

:popcorn:

• User Friendly

I aint even lebanese but I would be happy laying up with AzMarie too. she fine as frog hairs :phew:

• Wasting time

Luvn
      Lolol.
      I put it up for UF to take .. :lol:
      I saw that like :shock:

• http://Twitter@MsMarcella Afiya

and that's a simple looking pose she doing :huh:

• Unshakable

@MsPeaches,

Sandrita says if your gravi can have those swv nails, then she can reheat this topic.

You will deal (i kid love, i kid) :kiss: and :hahaha:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPIs6REdG2Q datsmdubya2u

:rollseyes: Everything gets a label...call urself what you want but you will still be black and bi in the good ole US..so deal

A.J. says:

NO AJ don’t got Pearl in the Gravie!!
      I love it!!!
      _______
      Shole do :lol: nosy af and telling the truth

Afiya says:

and that’s a simple looking pose she doing

I'm so confused with all her hairstyles.... whatever long as she is happy... :smile: I guess

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3VwtDfGajQ&feature=player_embedded VDot

C & P from downstairs:

I see what she’s trying to do. I think she got tired of labels, when she got that fat azz label thrown on her. She shed some pounds and lost the fat label and now she’s trying to shed other labels…with her Black azz :hahaha: I can get the not wanting to be called African America, but you’re for sure Black American. Whether you like it or not :shrug:

• Unshakable

So, her perspective does make for some educational dialogue.

Roses,

If you are Black or African American by way of skin color/racial background, can you say you are colorless or just an American in 2014? I know what Raven felt, but what about the roses?

no right or wrong answer, just curious

• User Friendly

Only you not AA, but honey you black

the africans in harlem dont wanna hear shyt about us being african american. black-american? :yes: african-american? :shrugs: tread lightly with who you use that term around unless you got an address over there that you can claim. we are way too diluted to still be using the term AA, well except crunchy black but most of us havent been african in a long time.

....but a rose by any other name is still a rose.

• http://Twitter@MsMarcella Afiya

Mumia Abu-Jamal, former Black Panther convicted of killing cop, addresses Vermont college grads

Mumia Abu-Jamal spoke by video to 20 students receiving bachelor degrees from Goddard College in Plainfield, telling them to strive to create a better world. Abu-Jamal was originally sentenced to death for killing white police Officer Daniel Faulkner on Dec. 9, 1981, but he was resentenced to life in 2012. The decision to allow him to speak angered some police officials.

:tea:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3VwtDfGajQ&feature=player_embedded VDot

if you had let him :hunching: or at least :lick: you may have been more calm

:cosign: Blue Balls/Eggs is a mofo :yes: :rofl:

But I am still :rofl: at Lil Man

• sassyshe

I dont know why people get in uproar when certain AA say dont label me as such. Uusually when they are in the 1% they no longer want to be labeled as AA - they believe that they are an elite group (which their tax bracket says they are) and thats just one of their many ways to show their status. History has shown that when yt America turns on them if they do some ish, these are usually the ones running to the community begging to be taken back. If Raven wants to portray herself as a hippie loving carpet muncher thats her perogative

BUt why she looking dumb up top?

WATTS that about? :eek:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAbQogbMOk Buttercup

@Unskake, I saw your comment downstairs. I know that your comments are out of love, so prefaces aren't necessary :kiss:

I was saying that I can understand her thought process and not wanting to be boxed in. It is a nice idea just like unicorns running through the secret garden headed towards the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

It's my opinion that it is someone who is unsure of who he or she is would want to avoid labels. People who know who they are stand in their authority and pride without letting things like sexuality and race define them. Raven has a little growing to do.

no right or wrong answer, just curious

im mixed.

with black and blacker :tea:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRsEXGXLlYM&feature=fvsr ALBoy

Oh ok so its sum wrong with lil raven the eyes giving me that Lamar Odom Radio vibe. So people should share their thoughts at home with their like minded friends. I dont disagree with the desire to be just American. If you leave America and tell someone youre AA, the first thing they ask is what part of Africa you from.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3VwtDfGajQ&feature=player_embedded VDot

african-american?

I prefer Black :tea:

• sassyshe

Unshakable says:

So, her perspective does make for some educational dialogue.

Roses,

no right or wrong answer, just curious

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Thats the position of the new Blacks (its apparently some movement) where they dont want to be labeled African Americans or some ish like that

Unshakable says:

So, her perspective does make for some educational dialogue.
      Roses,
      no right or wrong answer, just curious

Hell I'm black... :tea: in America.... it ain't that deep to me...

• Locapoca

I’m so confused with all her hairstyles…. whatever long as she is happy… I guess

^^^^^^^^^^
      Yes :wtf: is going on with her head? At first glance I see yarn, popcorn, shoe string, and other unecessary items that dont belong in nobody's head. And why her eyebrows look like a tidal wave? :nono:

• FuturedocDonte

:crying1: <--- my big ol ugly tears when I found out Raven was no longer an option

:thinking: I wonder how Bill Cosby said about this since he was so pissed at ol girl for showing them :boobs: in that movie. Was he happy for her or did he turn that face up like most ol folks do

• Unshakable

What exactly is the difference between African American and Black? Or are they interchangeable? :think:

• inter_loop

I get what she's saying. BUT BUT BUT, you have to identify with something as a human animal. Ok, don't identify with gay, cool. But, you're black, the WORLD judges you as black, so you might as well identify with it. But if you don't, bess believe your DNA IDENTIFIES WITH BLACK.

• luVn_liFe…

mayne I expected to have someone in here today to start training
      :wtf:

VDot says:

if you had let him :hunching: or at least :lick: you may have been more calm
      :cosign: Blue Balls/Eggs is a mofo :yes: :rofl:
      But I am still :rofl: at Lil Man

I ain't shyt for that one :tea: for real

• sassyshe

User Friendly says:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
      :lol: yup she turned Raven out had her running to every street corner in NYC to wave that rainbow flag

AND I still see her as lil Raven Simone :lol: Still little, and not gay :rofl: :rofl:
      She is Olivia to me, so ION care what she calls/or doesn't call herself now :shrug:

SOmebody RECAP the last post, who got some??! :eek:

She looks real confused in that photo :blink: I was stuck on the hair... just noticed her face :huh: weirdo .

mayne I expected to have someone in here today to start training
      :wtf:

BETTER Retrain Yoself. You are thee Replacement. How mannie times I gotta tell you that :kona:

• http://Twitter@MsMarcella Afiya

North Carolina teen wakes up from dental surgery asking for Beyoncé

‘She lied to me,’ whines Cody Lanphere, 17, after waking up from a dental surgery only to learn Beyoncé wasn’t there for him. His mother recorded 12 minutes of the teen’s delirious introduction to reality after a drug-induced slumber.

He :mad: :hahaha:

Unshakable says:

Akon is African American because he is acutally from Africa.

just noticed her face :huh: weirdo .

That's why I said she looking dumb. Why though? :thinking:

I'm noticing alot of skin issues on folks now :tea: IONO what's up with that either :kona:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAbQogbMOk Buttercup

==========
      Personally, I can't say that I am colorless or just an American. I have a different day-to-day experience than someone with blonde hair and blue eyes. Often times, it's simply because of the way I look.

Afiya says:

North Carolina teen wakes up from dental surgery asking for Beyoncé

:facepalm: what in the world

• sassyshe

Unshakable says:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
      African American was the political correct term given to describe Black folks who trace their lineage to African brought over as slaves during slavery. What gets people in uproar is that some Africans, Caribbean folks and other blacks do not share the same history in terms of their origins in the country so they do not want to be considered as such and thats why they prefer the term Black because that is how they were labeled in their country of origin

DTS :happy:

• OutsidetheBox

I'm fully Black. Fully. :eek:

she dont believe us. :lol:

luvie you got at least another month to go. :rofl: they might just as soon give you a raise than to hire a whole nother person.

Afiya :woot:
      Go to youtube and enter 'teen dental surgery' or something like that! :hahaha:
      I watched about ten of them for about an hour one day. So Funny! :ghost:

• FuturedocDonte

------
      While I don't agree entirely.I can see why she would say that, especially dealing with "high society folk".... Money is all same color. some folk won't look to your success, but look directly to skin color and make generalized assumptions based on whatever :shrugs:

• sassyshe

User Friendly says:

Unshakable says:

Akon is African American because he is acutally from Africa.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
      He considers himself to be African. Most immigrants label themselves from their country of origin even if they are legally Americans. Only their children who are born in the US and future generations they give the American label to

• essenze

I guess I get what she saying but I believe some folks don't "feel" their color until some racist shyt happens to them. I believe there are certain folks who believe we are all the same, racism is dead, we are all of the human race, etc. That sounds good but in retrospect we know that isn't the world we live in. I have very little respect for black people who know the history of blacks but are willingly ignorant. A lot of time these are the same people who believe if you "act" a certain way "they" will accept you smh

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPIs6REdG2Q datsmdubya2u

I aint never heard a sprite say "dont call me white"....onlinest folk rejecting labels is the usual cadre of embarrassed black people who crave acceptance from white society

• lovezoe

I'm Black

Hey Jenny :hug:

One dental video showed the girl thinking she was a NASCAR driver :facepalm: crying SO hard when her Mom laughed at her. One showed a wife telling the husband not to pay the bill because they never did the surgery---she was so dru gged up :lol:

• luVn_liFe…

You are thee Replacement
      :tea:

*waits for a real African to enter and font* :lol:

This will be classic :tea:

OTB/LuvLife, go look at the dental you tube vids. You will die laughing :yes:
      So FUNNY! :rofl:

• lovezoe

Afiya says:

North Carolina teen wakes up from dental surgery asking for Beyoncé
      -----------
      I hate when parents do this

essenze says:

I guess I get what she saying but I believe some folks don’t “feel” their color until some racist shyt happens to them. I believe there are certain folks who believe we are all the same, racism is dead, we are all of the human race, etc. That sounds good but in retrospect we know that isn’t the world we live in. I have very little respect for black people who know the history of blacks but are willingly ignorant. A lot of time these are the same people who believe if you “act” a certain way “they” will accept you smh

:clap:

• http://Twitter@MsMarcella Afiya

datsmdubya2u says:

I aint never heard a sprite say “dont call me white”….onlinest folk rejecting labels is the usual cadre of embarrassed black people who crave acceptance from white society

:clap: :yes:

• User Friendly

sometimes I dont feel like being black. shyt, its a lot of work. :phew: sometimes I just wanna chill.

yall ever read that book Black Like Me?

• sassyshe

What I hate is when you have to defend youself against other black people when you claim to be black or when those who are black but dont want to call themselves black want you to jump on their bandwagon and will argue you to the end that you are not black

• Sunkissed404

Hell, we're ALL tired of being labeled anything, however, we don't live in a world where we get to just pick and choose how the world will identify us. I find it odd that Raven didn't become fed up with being labeled African American until she also had to wear the label "gay" or "homosexual". As intelligent and bold as Raven Symone is I would have hoped she would have used her spotlight as an opportunity to "Say it loud"..."I'm black, homosexual and proud" however, she appears to be ashamed. Evidently, the stigma of homosexual AND African American is too great a burden for her to bear. :tea:

And another thing! There are a number of us "Black folk" who are mixed with sooo many other races. I can see where Raven was going with the whole "I'm American" or whatever, but Linda...Listen honey. Honey Listen. :shrug: You're light years ahead of the US Census. Many of us are. But out of all the races listed, you're most affiliated with African American...like the rest of us. So get a grip!

• User Friendly

*waits for a real African to enter and font*

This will be classic

well i know Sandra banned Naija back when I was lurking and Gigi is a halfrican. I hope and :pray: that she will show up and give her take in a way that only she can :lol:

• essenze

@user

Its definitely not easy. This is why I don't compare the gay movement and civil movement. We can't hide our skin color.

• OutsidetheBox

By the white guy..black like me? Passing story and film. :yes:

• Unshakable

@Essenze,

Babe that was a beaullifah summation and you preached on that word! Yaaaassss!

@Sassy and User,

So if a Negro was born in the US, can they too claim Black? Or are they African American?

Me, I just sticks with Negra. Ain't no mistaking that.

:tea:

I hate when parents do this

:cosign:

• OutsidetheBox

Wait..what :huh:

I thank God for my parents :tea: Chile cause when you know your history ... you should be proud to even say your black :tea: IJS.... but eh .. whatever ...

• Aprilbaby

datsmdubya2u says:

_______________________________
      For real. With all the dirt and hurt they have put out in the world they never denounce who they are.

NOPE :stop: I'm talmbout thee real kind that hates everything(people/culture/food/every other race) American except our money. :tea:

NOW, I'm not being racist with my stmt abouve. I'm talmbout the ones I know :eek: in real life.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3VwtDfGajQ&feature=player_embedded VDot

Wait..what :huh:

Hey Beau :kiss: :hug: Let me know when you're ready to go offtopic. :waiting:

essenze says:

@user
      Its definitely not easy. This is why I don’t compare the gay movement and civil movement. We can’t hide our skin color.

^^^^ This :tea: no comparison... and don't care what folks say either...

• OutsidetheBox

I'm almost dismissive of poor Ravens thoughts. Thot-phetic, I tell you. Riveting. :yawn: then we'll be blessed w the Oprah interview after she has had her awakening or whatever. Um bored.

• Unshakable

Jenie and Dats,

TRUTH :applause:

what?

Im not sure what you are asking but you they can call themselves sweet potato pie if you want to :lol: a rose by any other name smells just as sweet (or like poo poo if you let Outkast tell it)

• http://www.twitter.com/kabyeyou KABYEYOU

this lil nigga was a Cosby what's blacker than that?

No comparison :no:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAbQogbMOk Buttercup

*scrolls up to see who deserves a "Bless your heart." * :)

• luVn_liFe…

I Know one thing if in ur anything other than pale YT, u a stilla kneegro to them.
      fcuk em.
      U Know what my issue is... moFos that think cause my husband is YT I\We share their convoluted views.

I had a side eye moment w\my new boss. Im still side ways about it.

• OutsidetheBox

Cosign Jenie. Cosign.

Buttercup says:

*scrolls up to see who deserves a “Bless your heart.” *

• luVn_liFe…

AnyBODY Here Know anyone that needs a washer/dryer near me??

• Just Looking

Wonders if Bill Cosby touched her in a appropriate manner. :think:

:yes:

Just Looking says:

Wonders if Bill Cosby touched her in a appropriate manner. :think:
      _+________

I was thinking more on lines with them Disney folks ... :tea: but who knows

• OutsidetheBox

Heyyyy Spot :kiss: :hug:

• luVn_liFe…

Just Looking says:Wonders if Bill Cosby touched her in a appropriate manner.
      :huh:

*scrolls up to see who deserves a “Bless your heart.” *
      _________________________

(Rwilli font) dont be blessin my heart :rules:

lemme email SR and tell her you in here harassing my heart without prior consent :pc:

• lovezoe

@user

^^^^ This no comparison… and don’t care what folks say either…
      -------
      :claps: soon as they say that convo over

• http://www.twitter.com/kabyeyou KABYEYOU

AnyBODY Here Know anyone that needs a washer/dryer near me??
      -----------------------------------------------------

where is near you? *grabs mask, duct tape and mollie water*

• http://www.twitter.com/kabyeyou KABYEYOU

AnyBODY Here Know anyone that needs a washer/dryer near me??
      -----------------------------------------------------

where is near you? *grabs mask, duct tape and mollie water*

• OutsidetheBox

GM everyone :hi: lovely roundtable of Roses. I'm here, so Thorns woot woot. :yes: I see you.

• essenze

@jenie

That's great. I believe parents should emphasize our history on a consistent basis. It breaks my heart that this new generation knows very little about the struggle AND the accomplishments of our people. I believe that there is a systematic process to eliminate our history. Shyt they already been trying to say that slavery wasn't that bad smdh

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAbQogbMOk Buttercup

Thot-phetic
      =========

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3VwtDfGajQ&feature=player_embedded VDot

(Rwilli font) dont be blessin my heart :rules:

:rofl: :ghost:

mollie water

:rofl: so thats whats been in this cup all along :tea: splains A LOT!

• sassyshe

@unshakable like user said Black is universal

I think someone had started a petition to try to get the term African American removed and to have it moved back to Black

• http://Twitter@MsMarcella Afiya

Jenie #76

Absolutely, PROUD to be of the black nation. :yes: VERY PROUD!!

• luVn_liFe…

KABYEYOU says:

luVn_liFe… says:

AnyBODY Here Know anyone that needs a washer/dryer near me??
      —————————————————–

where is near you? *grabs mask, duct tape and mollie water*
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :ghost: :rofl:
      South Fl

lovezoe says:

@user
      ^^^^ This no comparison… and don’t care what folks say either…
      ——-
      :claps: soon as they say that convo over

I had a friend on my FB take up for this sprite chick ... when that chifila stuff popped off... and she compared homosexuality with civil rights... chile ... I went in on her.... and then I went in on him... I love my friend but he a damn coon for real man.... Nigga forgot he grew up in them damn near project apartments on the whitesmill.... :tea:

• http://www.twitter.com/kabyeyou KABYEYOU

User Friendly says:

mollie water

:rofl: so thats whats been in this cup all along :tea: splains A LOT!
      -----------------------------------------

#NoCeelo

• Unshakable

@Essenze,

Girl, you ain't playin tuhday! And if you notice, while they try to erase our history, they downplay the wrondoing that Whites did. Go figure.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAbQogbMOk Buttercup

this lil nigga was a Cosby what’s blacker than that?
      ==========
      Bill wanted a latina to play the role of Claire. Hence, Sandra's and Denise's different looks :tea:

• Rib of Chan

Who wanna know what I consider myself?

Do I need to re-enact my fave scene from "Queen" and waggle 'round in the blog dirt???

I is a Nigra :yes:

essenze says:

@jenie
      That’s great. I believe parents should emphasize our history on a consistent basis.

My parents are from Alabama.... chile you might go over there their house .... Ole Ed may have Dr. King up loud blasting on the youtube .... me and my sister was raised know our history... ya see you have too.... cause if not.... you end up with little girl lost up top :tea:

• http://www.twitter.com/kabyeyou KABYEYOU

hold on I forgot to say two thangs this morning

WALKING DEAD BACK THIS SUNDAY #TURNUP

and HOW ABOUT THEM MUHFUGGIN COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POP HOLDING IT DOEOHEGEWWWWN< MOMMA I LOUH YOU< PIMP SQUAD BABY FO LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

AnyBODY Here Know anyone that needs a washer/dryer near me??

I will ask now :pc:

• luVn_liFe…

:newpost:

• caribcanadian

@datsmdubya2u says:

++++++

So very true. Thank you!!!!!!!!

You close to Orlando? :thinking:

• Gigi26

Maan Raven shut up. When you say shyt like that you come off extremely ignorant.

Next train she gonna be riding is that Jaden Smith weirdo ass train, talkin bout he gonna cut his penis awf cuz it doesn't define who he is.

Niggas always wanna be deep, until its time to dig deep.

Raven just continue to scissor your chic and eat her out. This "I ain't African American" nonsense you spewing just makes you look kinda sad.

So I guess you'd rather be affiliated with a color instead of a continent of origin huh? Fukking sad.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3VwtDfGajQ&feature=player_embedded VDot

:newpost:

Afiya says:

Jenie #76
      Absolutely, PROUD to be of the black nation. :yes: VERY PROUD!!

:fistbump: ok!!! If we only new as a entire race that we are the smartest... we are the strongest.... we are the ones that live the longest.... and we can go on and on.... we hold ourselves back .... we do.....

• MisUnderstood

Good morning Roses :waves:

When she gets her census she checks black. Girl hush before you get treated like Republican Tracy.

I am black. Ancestors are from Dominican Rep. Haiti China White & Black. When ppl see me, I'm black. What I claim on census, Black

@Jenie, when you know you're history...

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3VwtDfGajQ&feature=player_embedded VDot

Raven just continue to scissor your chic and eat her out.

:rofl: :rofl:

• User Friendly

its a shame that they prolly wont make bail and will go directly to prison and never be able to see their internet fame.

maybe someone can mail them a screenshot of when the "FEMALE" tried to play bline :cool: :lol:

• Unshakable

@Butta,

Regarding post numma 112, are you being facetious or was that fah real? :think:

@Dubb,

I said the same roo! Ain't no mistakin or confusion about Negra. You just let them be. :rofl:

• essenze

@unshake

Girl it makes my blood boil. I have a cousin, love her to death, but you can't have these type of conversations with her. She is oblivious to whats really going on out here. I feel for her sometimes :-(

• Ms Peaches

-------------------------------------------
      :applause:

• free

Gigi26 says:

Raven just continue to scissor your chic and eat her out.

*****************

:dead: we need an emoticon (or whatever you call it) for this.

• Sunkissed404

I wonder if Oprah was interviewing Raven and thinking "Dayuuuum girl! I wish EYE had the balls to say this when I was your age". I'll bet, deep down somewhere in that interview, Oprah admired Raven for her candor. However...

• Wasting time

-----------------------------
      White people are called White not Caucasian Americans.
      I'm black not a African American.
      That is me and how I chose to identify my self.
      If your parents are from a different country and you are born here than you are __________ American.
      If you, your parents and their parents are born here you are a American!

• Bliss

:no: She's confused. Evidentally her parents failed in the education department :no: this is so sad. I feel embarrased for her :no:

• LittleBigMouth

If your skin is melanated, your roots can be traced back to Africa, ok! This whole I'm not african-American because my family are from Jamaica, Alabama, or wherever else is a moot point. You're african American! Most people are so damn brainwashed and were successfully taught to want to distance themselves from the mother continent, get over yourselves. I'm half african I can say that Africans could careless that black Americans are labeled african Americans so stop. This is exactly how the other side likes to see it, black people distancing themselves from the place their ancestors originated from. White people know their history. Raven boo, the only reason why you don't know what part of Africa your ancestors originated from is because you don't want to, this is clear. if you wanted to know you would find out, no price is too high to have this done for you. This is 2014 so bye. Good luck to you and anyone else who thinks like you.