Arnold Turner/Getty Images
Tokyo Toni's effort to help her daughter, Blac Chyna, raise $400,000 to appeal the Kardashian verdict is paying off.
Tokyo launched a GoFundMe account with a goal of $400,000 a day after a Los Angeles jury handed Chyna a devastating loss in her $100 million defamation lawsuit against the Kardashians and Jenners.
The GoFundMe page, titled "Cheering for Blac Chyna's Appeal," reads:
"Hi I am Shalana Hunter BKA Tokyo Toni. I would like to appeal to the courts this Go Fund Me Fundraiser to help my daughter, Angela R. White BKA Blac Chyna financially in this endeavor to get justice.
"APPEAL FOR A NEW TRIAL"
As of this morning, Tokyo's GoFundMe account has raised $960 toward its $400,000 goal.
The top donor was a superfan named Pamela Gayle who gave $100. While Kim Kardashian herself donated $5 toward the cause.
TMZ caught up with Tokyo on Tuesday in L.A., and she thinks Blac Chyna has a solid chance to win on appeal — if they successfully raise that $400K for legal fees.
Tokyo also had a message for the Kardashians to "do what's right" and end the war against her daughter, especially since Chyna and Rob Kardashian share 5-year-old Dream Kardashian.
Tokyo was by Chyna's side for the entire hearing —— until the judge had her booted from the courtroom and told her to never return.
Question: Do you plan to donate to Blac Chyna's appeal fund?
YouTuber Tasha K grew her large following by dragging and insulting rapper Cardi B on a daily basis. Now a judge has ordered the vlogger to delete any and all mentions of the rapper from her social media.
That's a daunting task for the vlogger, real name Latasha Kebe, who mentioned Cardi in thousands of posts across all of her social media feeds.
Earlier this year, Tasha K lost a $3 million defamation lawsuit, which she is appealing. Despite losing the lawsuit, Tasha reportedly refused to take the old content down.
Jason Kempin/Getty Images
However, Cardi filed a motion asking a judge to force Tasha to remove all of her old content that mentions the rap star.
Tasha reportedly asked the judge for more time, since she built her career using Cardi's name. She has a few more days to delete all her old posts, an Atlanta judge ruled Monday.
"I felt really helpless and hopeless," said Cardi B," according to the Grio. "It was just constant harassment."
If Tasha wins her appeal, she might re-post all of the content. But, for now, she has to take it all down.
Youtube vlogger Tasha K says she dosn't have $4 million to pay Cardi B after losing a $4 million defamation lawsuit.
Cardi B responded, tweeting: "This is a game but trust imma come for everything ......BBHMM [Bish Betta Have My Money]."
Tasha K filed an appeal after she was ordered to pay the rapper $4 million in damages and attorney fees by a Georgia judge.
RELATED: Cardi B Wins Defamation Lawsuit Against Blogger Tasha K
"I ain't got it," Tasha K said in an interview with "Social Society" on ALLBLK TV. "Listen, I ain't got it, I ain't got it. Don't ask me for no money. I ain't got it."
Tasha said she filed an appeal in the appellate court. She hinted that she may have business insurance to take care of lawsuits.
"Who trying to pay $4 million? Who?" Tasha said. She added that her YouTube ad revenue is "good" but she has two children and a husband to feed.
Tasha posted the interview on her @unwinewithtashak Instagram page. She captioned the video:
"Thank you @kendallkyndall @kendragmedia for having me on! Y'all can catch the full interview via @watchallblk!"
R. Kelly's lawyer is considering filing an appeal after the disgraced R&B star was found guilty of racketeering and related sex crimes in New York on Monday.
The "I Believe I Can Fly" singer faces decades behind bars after a jury found him guilty on all nine counts of recruiting women and underage children for sex.
Kelly's attorney tells CNN the defense team is disappointed by the verdict and is considering filing an appeal.
Deveraux Cannick accused federal prosecutors of cherry-picking evidence to suit their case against the singer.
"You didn't get to see what we saw in terms of the discovery," he said.
"You didn't get to see all the inconsistencies. We said in our summation that the government cherry-picked their version that they thought would support the continuation of the narrative."
Kelly, who has repeatedly denied the allegations against him, didn't react when the verdict was read out in court.
Nuccio DiNuzzo/Getty Images
However, his lawyer admitted the singer was shocked when the verdict was read out loud.
Attorney Gloria Allred, who represented three of six alleged victims, called Kelly the "worst" sexual predator she has ever encountered.
"I have been practicing law for 47 years. During this time I have pursued many sexual predators who have committed crimes against women and children. Of all the predators that I have pursued, however, Mr. Kelly is the worst, for many reasons.
"First, he used the power of his celebrity to recruit vulnerable underage girls for the purpose of sexually abusing them. These were not May-October relationships, which is what his defense attorney wanted the jury to believe; these were crimes against children and some adults.
"Second, to use the power of his business enterprise and many of his inner circle employees to assist him and enable him in his plan and his scheme to lure his victims to him, isolate them, intimidate them, control them, indoctrinate them, punish them, shame them, and humiliate them.
"All of which made Mr. Kelly more powerful and more dangerous than many other sexual predators who operate without a network of financial and businesses to support and enable them."
None of Kelly's former employees have been charged.
Kelly is scheduled to be sentenced on May 4, 2022. He is also facing similar charges in Illinois and Minnesota.
Bill Cosby's wife Camille is looking forward to her husband coming home while getting a chance to appeal his sexual assault conviction.
The disgraced comedian was sentenced to 3 to 10 years in prison in 2018 after he was found guilty of drugging and raping Temple University staff member Andrea Constand in 2004.
The star has repeatedly tried and failed to have the conviction overturned, arguing he did not receive a fair trial.
On Tuesday, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court agreed to review two aspects of the case against Cosby.
The Pennsylvania Supreme Court will also examine whether a prosecutor told Cosby he will not face criminal charges in Constand's case after she accepted a financial settlement from the actor.
Photo by WENN.com
Camille is feeling optimistic that he will be released home while his case is under appeal.
She told ABC News Prime: "There are possibilities now. Finally, there is a court ... that has said, 'Wait a minute. There are some problems here. They can be considered for appeal.'"
She added: "I am very, very pleased... but now I'm looking at something that is possible. Possible for vindication. That is the goal."
The 82-year-old comedian has been incarcerated for almost two years, but producer Camille said she has not visited her husband in prison.
"I do not want to see my husband in that kind of environment, and he doesn't want me to see him in that kind of environment either."
Camille insisted she and her husband communicate every day by phone.
Cosby's representative revealed the actor was "extremely thankful" to the court judges for granting him an opportunity to fight the case, reported Variety magazine.
"As we have all stated, the false conviction of Bill Cosby is so much bigger than him - it's about the destruction of ALL Black people and people of color in America," the spokesperson added.
The lawyer for rap mogul Ludacris's baby mama just filed a motion for a new trial, according to my courthouse source.
Attorney Lisa West, right, who represented Fuller (pictured below), filed the motion for a new trial at the Fulton County Courthouse Thursday evening.
Read more »