Photo may have been deleted

A disgraced former NYPD police officer who forced his way into a Black woman's apartment was ordered to pay her $1 million.

Michael Reynolds, who is white, was in a drunken stupor the night he forced his way into Conese Haliburton's apartment.

Haliburton filed a civil suit against Reynolds who quit the police force in shame earlier this year.

The incident happened on July 9, 2018. Reynolds, 27, had attended a bachelor party for a fellow NYPD officer when he was caught on surveillance video breaking into Haliburton's apartment at 2:30 a.m.

The footage captured him calling Haliburton and her family "f***ing ni__ers," according to MSNBC.

"I'll break every bone in your neck!" he yelled, before running back to his Airbnb rental.

Reynolds later confessed that he confused Haliburton's address with the Airbnb rental that he and his friends were staying at next door.

Haliburton said Reynolds and his friends were laughing and claiming they had "immunity" because of their jobs, according to reports.

Reynolds was sentenced to just 15 days in jail after pleading guilty to assault and trespassing charges in January.

He quit his job in disgrace earlier this year. "I'm absolutely sorry I said that word. I'm very remorseful. It's cost me my job, my life, everything," he said in court at the time.

Acting Deputy Commissioner for Public Information Devora Kaye told News 4 Reynolds will not "receive pension or health benefits, nor will he be allowed to carry a firearm."

"His actions are wholly inconsistent with the values and standards the New York City Police Department expects and demands of its officers."
 

Copyright Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the photograph(s) or video(s) used in this post. Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" of photographs for purposes such as parody, criticism, commentary, news reporting, education, and research.

Photo may have been deleted

YouTube

Rapper Offset was arrested while live-streaming himself driving through a pro-Trump rally on Saturday. The Migos rapper was pulled over by Beverly Hills police after he drove through a crowd of Trump supporters and allegedly waved a handgun.

Police surrounded Offset's vehicle with guns drawn. The rapper, who was born Kiari K. Cephus, refused orders to take his hand off his steering wheel and turn off the engine.

Offset: "I'm not finna do that."

Cop: "Why not?"

"Because you got guns out. I'm not finna move my hands from my steering wheel."

Offset live-streamed the traffic stop, telling police "Do you know who I am? I'm Offset from the Migos!"

When a female officer told him he was seen waving a gun in the air, Offset said, "You just watched somebody beat my car up with a flag. What are you talking about?"

Another officer approached the car, reached in the driver's side window and unlocked the car door. The officer then snatched Offset out of the vehicle.

The Beverly Hills police confirmed they detained a man for pointing a gun at Trump supporters who attended a large rally on Saturday.

Offset is best known for being married to rapper Cardi B.
 

Photo may have been deleted

Louisville PD

Breonna Taylor's boyfriend Kenneth Walker implicated her as the shooter when three Louisville cops burst into her apartment to serve a no-knock drug warrant in March.

Police were there serving a no-knock warrant stemming from taped jailhouse conversations between Taylor and her ex-boyfriend, Jamarcus Glover, who was the target of a narcotics investigation.

Photo may have been deleted

Louisville PD

In one audio of a jailhouse call, Glover tells someone he and Taylor hadn't seen each other in two months.

Walker's words were captured on a police body camera after Taylor was killed in a hail of bullets.

About a minute into the video clip, when an officer asks which one of them fired at cops, Walker says, "It was her. She was scared."

But civil rights attorney Lee Merritt claims Walker misspoke, and that the tape will prove beneficial in a potential federal case against the cops who killed Taylor.

Merritt joined TMZ on "TMZ Live" Thursday to discuss what Walker said to Louisville cops on the scene in the chaotic moments after the deadly raid.

The video footage is part of a cache of documents released by Louisville police on Thursday. The material includes 250 videos, more than 4,000 pages of documents, and photographs that show Taylor and Walker holding an assortment of guns.

Photo may have been deleted

Louisville PD

One social media photo that shows Taylor and Walker holding guns is tagged "Partners in Crime."

In one video, Walker repeatedly tells cops he and Taylor didn't know that the invaders breaking into their apartment was police.

Merritt says Walker's words may create some doubt as to who fired the shot that hit Louisville PD officer Jonathan Mattingly in the thigh -- severing an artery.

But he adds the video also shows Walker was very emotional and under intense duress.

Since the night of the raid, Merritt says Walker has insisted he's the one who fired his legally - owned 9mm handgun.

Although the grand jury did not indict any of the officers for killing Taylor ... Merritt says they're still pushing for federal charges against all three cops.
 

Photo may have been deleted

Screengrab: YouTube/LAPD

The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) released body camera footage and surveillance of a violent incident that took place inside the LAPD's Harbor Community Police Station on Sept. 26.

Body cam footage shows a white Hispanic male entering the police station lobby and knocking a cop flat on his back.

The suspect, later identified as 29-year-old, Jose Guzman, then pistol-whipped the fallen cop, who called for help when Guzman fled with his service weapon.

Guzman fired at a pursuing officer who retreated back inside the police station. Cops later caught up with Guzman, pulled his vehicle over, and took him into custody without a single shot or Tazer being fired.

A loaded 9mm Berretta semi-automatic pistol was recovered from Guzman’s vehicle.

Caution: This video contains scenes of graphic violence and profanity.
 

Photo may have been deleted

Minneapolis PD

Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer who kneeled on George Floyd's neck until he died, has been released from jail.

Chauvin was released from jail after posting a $1 million "non-cash bond" on Wednesday, Oct. 7.

The former cop posted a non-cash $1 million bond signed by A-Affordable Bail Bonds of Brainard, Minnesota around 10:34 a.m. Wednesday, FOX9 reports. He left the jail at 11:22 a.m. His current whereabouts are unknown.

Chauvin, who was arrested on May 31, had been held in segregation at the maximum security Oak Park Heights, Minnesota Prison where he was transferred following death threats from inmates at the county jail in Minneapolis.

Chauvin was charged in the death of Floyd, an unarmed Black man who is seen pleading for his life in a viral video. He was charged with second-degree manslaughter. Three other former officers who were at the scene were also arrested and have since been released.

All four are awaiting trial set for March 8, 2021.

Photo may have been deleted

Getty Images

A white police officer was charged with murder in the shooting death of an unarmed Black man. Wolfe City police officer Shaun Lucas, 22, was booked into the Hunt County Jail on Monday night. His bail was set at $1 million.

Lucas is charged with killing Jonathan Price, who was walking away from Lucas when the officer opened fire Saturday night.

Price was reportedly helping to break up a domestic dispute when he was shot by Lucas, the Texas Rangers said in a statement.

According to the statement, Lucas said he responded to the domestic assault call, where he encountered Price, 31, who was "involved in the dispute."

The statement said Lucas "attempted to detain Price, who resisted in a non-threatening posture and began walking away."

Lucas used a stun gun before shooting Price, who was pronounced dead at a hospital.

"The preliminary investigation indicates that the actions of Officer Lucas were not objectionably reasonable," the Texas Rangers said.

"When police arrived, I'm told, he raised his hands and attempted to explain what was going on," said civil rights attorney Lee Merritt in a Facebook post. "Police fired Tasers at him and when his body convulsed from the electrical current, they 'perceived a threat' and shot him to death."

A GoFundMe account started by former Major League Baseball third baseman Will Middlebrooks, who grew up with Price, netted over $50,000 in less than 24 hours.

"I'm sick. I'm heartbroken... and I'm furious," Middlebrooks said.

Update: Shuan Lucas has been released on $1 million bond.
 

Photo may have been deleted

Screengrab: YouTube

The reward offered for the capture of the man or woman who shot two Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies grew to $675,000 on Thursday.

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors initially authorized a $100,000 reward for the shooter. But public outrage over the shooting sparked private donations that pushed the reward to nearly $700,000.

The reward includes $75,000 from the Association for Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs and $25,000 from the L.A. County Metropolitan Authority.

The rest of the cash came from private donors, ABC affiliate KABC reported.

Photo may have been deleted

Screengrab: YouTube

Two sheriff's deputies -- a 31-year-old female and her 24-year-old male colleague -- were shot multiple times by an unknown assailant who walked up to their patrol unit and opened fire around 7 p.m. local time on Saturday, Sept. 12.

The male officer was released from the hospital this week after being treated for a gunshot wound to the arm.

The female deputy is still hospitalized with 5 gunshot wounds to the jaw and upper chest.

Police referred to the shooter as a Black man about 28-30 years old. But witnesses say the shooter was a brown skinned or Hispanic woman.
 

Photo may have been deleted

Screengrab: YouTube

A Georgia deputy who beat a Black man unconscious for refusing to show his driver's license has been fired.

Sean Williams, an attorney for Roderick Walker, a 26-year-old Black male who was repeatedly punched by a Clayton County deputy during a traffic stop, is demanding that criminal charges be filed against the terminated officer.

"They almost killed him," Williams told USA Today. "They committed an aggravated assault on this man and luckily I'm not talking to you about Mr. Walker's death."

According to MSN.com, the incident occurred Friday in Clayton County, Georgia, just south of Atlanta. Video of the assault went viral after it was uploaded to social media by Walker's girlfriend, Juanita Davis.

Williams said Walker, Davis, their 5-month-old son, and Davis' 5-year-old son from a previous relationship, had dropped off a rental car and paid a man $10 to drive them home. Police stopped the vehicle for a broken tail light.

Williams said the deputies asked Walker, who was in the passenger seat, for his ID and Walker stated he did not have one. A struggle ensued when the deputies ordered Walker out of the car for back-talking them.

Davis is heard hysterically screaming "Get off of him" and "Don't kill him. He said he can't breathe, officer."

Her son is heard yelling, "Daddy!" in the background of the video.

The sheriff's office fired one of the deputies, but Williams wants the second officer to be fired also and both should face criminal charges.

The sheriff's office said it turned over the criminal investigation to Clayton County District Attorney Tasha Mosley.

Mosley, who is Black, said in a statement that she had requested materials related to the investigation and would consider charges upon receiving them.

"If the final outcome of the investigation leads us to bring charges we are unsure at this time when it will come before a Grand Jury," Mosley said.

Walker has been transferred to the Fulton County Jail to face outstanding warrants on probation violations in Fulton County.

Williams said Walker was "illegally arrested" and police are using the outstanding warrants to "deflect from their horrendous acts."

"Roderick Walker is in jail solely because he was illegally arrested after being assaulted by Clayton County Sheriff deputies, not because of anything he did during that incident or in the past," Williams said. "Mr. Walker would not be in jail if it were not for this unlawful arrest that violated his legal and constitutional rights."
 

Photo may have been deleted

LASD

The Los Angeles Sheriff's Department has identified the shooter who ambushed and shot two deputies as they sat in a patrol unit outside a Metro bus station in Compton on Saturday.

The suspect's name has not been released and he/she is not yet in custody, Fox News reported Tuesday.

LASD deputy Claudia Apolinar, 31, was shot in the jaw. Her 24-year-old male colleague was shot in the head. Both officers are recovering from emergency surgery in stable but serious condition.

Apolinar's 65-year-old father Adolfo has held a bedside vigil for his daughter. She is a former librarian and the mother of a 6-year-old boy. "I'm here with her right now," he told a reporter in Spanish. He added that an LA Sheriff's Department deputy was standing guard outside her hospital room.

Apolinar and her colleague graduated from the police academy last year.

Photo may have been deleted

KTLA

A 33-year-old father of two was mistakenly identified as the shooter in a police BOLO (Be On the Lookout) alert issued on Monday.

Darrell Hicks, a youth football coach, was described as "armed and dangerous" and incorrectly stated he was wanted for the attempted murder of two LA County deputies.

It is unclear how Hicks' name and photo ended up on the BOLO alert. Hicks said he received death threats on social media after he was named as the gunman.

Hicks said he was out riding a dirt bike all day Saturday and had nothing to do with the shooting. An attorney with the Cochran Group law firm is representing Hicks.

"Any person would suffer greatly when falsely accused of a crime, especially a crime as heinous as this," said attorney Brian Dunn.

Hicks said he is afraid to take his 2 daughters outside, and he believes that his neighbors look at him differently now.

LA County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said the BOLO circulating on social media was erroneous. He offered a $200,000 award for information leading to the capture of the suspect.

Villanueva challenged NBA star LeBron James to match his award. The sheriff said, as of Tuesday morning, there has been no response from James.

Photo may have been deleted

LASD, FOX11

A Los Angeles city manager used a famous quote by Malcolm X to describe the unprovoked shooting of two Compton cops.

City manager Jose Ometeotl posted a meme on Instagram on Sunday. The post showed a B&W photo of Malcolm X along with the words "chickens come home to roost."

The two LASD deputies - a 24-year-old male and a 31-year-old mom of a 6-year-old boy - were sitting in a police cruiser outside a bus station in Compton when they were shot on Saturday.

The unidentified female deputy was shot in the jaw, while her partner was shot in the head. Both deputies are out of surgery and listed in stable condition.

The shooter is described as a Black female, 28-30 years old, wearing dark clothing. After the shooting, she fled in a dark color sedan that could be a black Mercedes Benz.

In his Instagram post, Ometeotl described police as "deputy gangs" and seemed to suggest they deserved to be shot.

He captioned the post, "The shooting of anyone is a wholly unacceptable occurrence in society. I do not condone the type of violence seen in the shooting of the deputies yesterday in Compton. I will say that communities like Compton have been plagued by deputy gangs that inflict fear and violence in the community. These deputies murdered, framed and stole from the community host because they could..."

Ometeotl made his Instagram private after a journalist questioned him about the post. Ometeotl's post sparked outrage among law enforcement communities.

"Apparently, hatred and irresponsible rhetoric is also to be expected from leftist politicians and those in positions of power," wrote one journalist, who added, "Awww, what's the matter, Ometeotl? Can't stand a little heat? You can dish it out but can't take it? Too bad."

Police believe the shooting was a gang initiation. The shooter is still at large.

At a campaign rally in Nevada on Sunday night, President Trump said, "I just saw a video of that animal who went up to the car. They were unsuspecting, fine people - very fine people."

"If you murder a police officer, you should receive the death penalty," he said.

Joe Biden said: "This cold-blooded shooting is unconscionable and the perpetrator must be brought to justice. Violence of any kind is wrong; those who commit it should be caught and punished. Jill and I are keeping the deputies and their loved ones in our hearts and praying for a full recovery."

A $100,000 reward has been offered for information leading to the capture of the shooter.

Photo may have been deleted