I had no intentions of posting Ciara’s latest last-ditch effort to remain relevant in an industry that has long forgotten her.

But I decided to post her dry “Speechless” music video after reading Toya’s review. My favorite line in her review is, “Watching this video was the equivalent to watching paint dry.” I couldn’t have said it better!

Watching this video was the equivalent to watching paint dry. It was boring. No dancing. No concept. No nothing. Many of us are not use to seeing Ciara solely relying on her “vocals” (or lack of) to carry a whole music video. Even with her slower cuts, she always manages to incorporate some form of choreography (see ‘Promise’).

We also posted three photos from this very video shoot over the weekend. The photographer blatantly DENIED that they were from the clip. It turns out that they were. All three of them! Anyway, I’m over this already. Bring on ‘Gimmie Dat’! Read more

• http://charactercorner.blogspot.com attorneymom

I am ……

• FloridaChick813

Well dam.n, this song has been on my IPod forever and I actually like it :whistle:

….you got me speechless…

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwsWskgKe5E kingstonn

whomp. i stopped fooling with Ciara after she started looking like Kim Kardashian(don’t shoot me, Man). this song sounds horrible, btw.

• http://charactercorner.blogspot.com attorneymom

I dissent. The video is not bad at all.

How much coochie poppin can one do on a slow song?. Blank stare.

• Str8Cpt

Back to the drawing board, cuz this ain’t it ma :no:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwsWskgKe5E kingstonn

@AM, have you ever seen her video for ‘Promise’?

• HoneyDropp

:rolleyes:

• pinky2083

Ciara is wack.

• SummerSweetie

Can’t even see it. Should I be disappointed? :think:

• http://charactercorner.blogspot.com attorneymom

kingstonn says: “@AM, have you ever seen her video for ‘Promise’?”

*************

Nope. Why?

• LaTechGrad02

It wasn’t that bad….. She tried to clean things up after the whole Ride video debacle.

• http://www.modelmayhem.com/honeyy1 OHoney

Doesn’t Beyonce have a “Speechless” song out already? What she doin makin one too?

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwsWskgKe5E kingstonn

@AM, ’cause that’s a slow song and all she did was p-pop. @Ohoney, i didn’t recognize you without that little pink guy, lol.

• Danielle84

I guess I’m the only one but I LOVE this song! I had it on a mix CD in my car for some time now.

• http://www.modelmayhem.com/honeyy1 OHoney

LOL yes it is me, crazy-eyed pink face gravi :rofl:

• http://chokolatemilk.blogspot.com Choco

Ciara is a one noter all her music sounds the same to me and she needs to reinvent herself she is a BORE!

• CivilEngineer

I didn’t watch it…is there really no dancing??

Does she think we wanna hear her sing?? #trippin

I remember that other video she had when she was in the park…if you ain’t shakin some then #sitchoazzdown 😆

• chase

Choco says:

———————————
    :cosign:

• Man, I just don’t care™

“I didn’t watch it…is there really no dancing??

Does she think we wanna hear her sing?? #trippin

I remember that other video she had when she was in the park…if you ain’t shakin some then #sitchoazzdown “-Civil
    ___________________________________________________________________________

:preach:

You should be writing speeches for Obama or something my nigga!

• CivilEngineer

:rofl: @Man…or at least one of Ciara’s advisors because one of them dropped the ball with this whole singing thing. She better figure out what worked for Janet and use it!

• Val

ah darn! I got nothin.. :shrug:

• kdillon

Its clear that Ciara is being black balled in the industry!!!! Ciara is making the same kind of music the other artist are making, and she can dance but the industry is speaking ill against her.

• H-Townmama

Im probably all late…but
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CIVIL
    :happybirthday:
    :party:

• Kat

I can’t see the video but I still like Ciara. TEAM CI CI!! :cheer: I hope that she does well with her new project. She must still be revelent to somebody because she stay on this website and others.

• FloridaChick813

I love it too!!! @Danielle 😀

• LadyJustice

the video aint that bad, i do like the song though :dance:

CivilEngineer says:
    —————
    :rofl: you are SUCH a guy.

OHoney says:
    —————–
    I guess she is paying Beyonce back for jacking her “if i were a boy” 😆

• His_Mommy623

Is that the same chair from the promise video?

are those combat boots she had on?

why so many belly shirts?

I cnt….still my jam tho

oh what happened to Dreams fat ass?

• Str8Cpt

:offtopic:

Anyone else see those pics of Serena giving Oprah a pedicure?

• Man, I just don’t care™

@HIS
    “Is that the same chair from the promise video?”
    __________________________________________________________________________

• aqtpie

:rofl: @HM
    Stay on yo grind Ciara!!!

• MissHarlem

@ FIANCE you play too much not the chair boo :rofl:

• His_Mommy623

WHAT? it look like the chair :rofl: I’m just asking lol

• OutsidetheBox

Is that a real vid? The fashion sucks. I like her boots.

• OutsidetheBox

“Anyone else see those pics of Serena giving Oprah a pedicure?”

I did. 😆 I like doing nails too but I’m funny. I’ll turn that ass away. :nono:

• http://www.modelmayhem.com/honeyy1 OHoney

@LadyJustice you are correct. I didn’t even think about that.

• Str8Cpt

“Anyone else see those pics of Serena giving Oprah a pedicure?”

I did. 😆 I like doing nails too but I’m funny. I’ll turn that ass away.
    ______________________________________________________________________

I don’t blame you…messed up feet is a deal breaker for me…I can’t play with no numbs :no:

• http://charactercorner.blogspot.com attorneymom

@OutsidetheBox Did you see Oprah’s feet? She had a big bunion on her right foot.

• pinksghetti

I liked the video. I’ve seen on other blogs people say they are tired of Ciara always dancing sexually well here she is doing something different. Also I’m glad to her an R&B song by a woman that is a love song instead of a “my man cheated” song. BTW, The steel chair reminds me of Janet Jackson’s “Pleasure Principle” video.

• pinksghetti

oops meant “hear” not “her”.

• Val

lololol- Sandra filing this under “nobody cares” lol

• Danielle84

FloridaChick813 says:

I love it too!!! @Danielle
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :dance: I think people are just tired of her, so even if she came back with a major hit they still wouldn’t like it lol.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwsWskgKe5E kingstonn

Val says:

lololol- Sandra filing this under “nobody cares” lol
    _________________________________________________________

• Starr

Bore

Cierror’s problem started when she tried to sing…….

She need to reinvent herself.

• Lovely One

It appears Ciara is trying to channel Janet Jackson with the chair scene and short top with jeans scene. The song is decent.

• mirsmommy

Val says:

ah darn! I got nothin..

Is that Ne-yo’s high school pic in your gravi????? 😆

• Val

mirsmommy says:

Is that Ne-yo’s high school pic in your gravi?????
    ____________________________________________________________

ZESTY! AINT HE! 2 SNAPS ONE TIME FOR NEYO 😉

• ysoserious

RE: The Video

Meh.

RE: Val’s Gravi

Neyo’s ish fried, dyed, and laid to the side. :nono: I still like him though.

• Val

@ ysoserious

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• http://myspace.com/necee518 yvonne79

I listened to the song….HATED IT! Autotune much? And what’s up with the monotone nasally sounding notes? Maybe if Ciara didn’t sound as if she’s imitating the “Dream”, I would like it. Quite frankly dude and his music annoys me. Allllllll his songs sound the same. On a positive note, the lyrics are nice! 😆 Oh, and this video sucks…..

• Go-Go Girlie

Hated it. Song is dumb

• SouthernPrincess

I actually like the song and the video *Kanye shrug*

• Redeemed777

@dcwife1622

The word “suicide” is not found in the Bible. It comes from the Latin word “sui” meaning “of oneself,” and -cida, meaning “to kill”.

Suicide = To Kill Oneself.

What does the Bible say about Killing….

” Thou shalt not Kill “

• quixotic

Love it!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwsWskgKe5E kingstonn

@ysoserious, I think that’s a safe guess as to why he has no hair now. 😆

• MUNCHOSGIRL

LadyJustice says:

the video aint that bad, i do like the song though
    CivilEngineer says:
    —————
    you are SUCH a guy.
    OHoney says:
    —————–
    I guess she is paying Beyonce back for jacking her “if i were a boy”
    ——–
    BUT CIARA’S SONG WAS “LIKE A BOY”, NOT THE SAME.

• T.Y’z Cha Cha

:yawn:

• http://www.myspace.com/importantblackwomen Necelove

@Danielle84……I actually like the song too.

I guess everyone has a different ear for music. Plus if you playing it on a lil computer speaker….not going to do much justice. You gotta knock this. To all the H.A.T.E.R.S = Having Anger Towards Everyone Reaching Success. Losen up.

• Daisy

I love this song! Get em CiCi :dance:

She isnt the only artist who P Pops but at least CiCi can do more than that

She doesnt look like Kim but thats not a bad thing cause Kim is pretty

• Iblondon

I like the song, the video is a bit bland. Ummm, Super C will never be Janet. Janet has natural sex appeal, naturally pretty, and naturally can dressed fly, where as Super C always seem like she is “trying” to be those things. Janet gave us nice dance records and slow jams. Super C fails at her slow jams (though a lot of people liked Promise, I didn’t, I don’t use her slow songs). I’m really surprised that people are shocked that she’s flopping, errbody thought she was a one hit wonder anyway lol.

• militaryspouse1

Im in the minority, I like it

• TruGemini

I didn’t even watch the vid…just looking at the screen shot of her lying there looking like a corpse was indication enough for me :nono:

• http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1335451522 therapist1911

I liled the song,video, and lyrics. She reminds me of a younger Janet. So far im liking the songs from this album.

Imo must people on this board dont give her a chance bc sandra doesnt like her….and they follow. I may be wrong but it seems whoever Aunty doesnt like…..well group think

• Lesb-honest

:yawn: @ all of these tracks dat sound da same.
    Mornin’ peeps 🙂 hope we all slept well and woke up on bended knee :pray:

• BROWNSUGAPOET

RAPIST!!!!! 😯 :danban:

• TruGemini

therapist1911 says:

I may be wrong but it seems whoever Aunty doesnt like…..well group think
    __________________________________________________________________

Nah, cuz you know Sandra dogs the hell outta Beyonce, Usher and Chris Brown (just to name a few) and their ride-or-die’s come out the woodwork to defend them. Ciara really is a wack ass artist…not sure about her and Sandra’s personal beef

• Cinderella

Ciara needs to give it up. Her limited vocals are finally catching up to her. She should try to replace Lil Mama as a judge on America’s Best Dance Crew.

• velvetw23

I like the song and appreciate her just singing minus all the sexual undertones. She’s probably trying to play it safe since they banned her last video.