That was quick: Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise Divorce Settled

It looks like the much-hyped divorce battle between actors Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes for control of their daughter Suri’s brain will not materialize — at least not publicly.

According to gossip website TMZ.com, Katie’s lawyer has confirmed that Cruise and Holmes have settled their divorce amicably.

Jonathan Wolfe tells TMZ, “This case has been settled and the agreement has been signed. We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life.”

The couple’s much-publicized marriage began with dopamine-fueled public spectacles, including the now infamous incident in 2008 when Cruise jumped up and down on Oprah’s couch.

But like many “whirlwind” romances, TomKat soon fizzled out.

TMZ reported that lawyers for both sides were in marathon negotiations — including a Saturday session — to try and end the upcoming divorce war.

Apparently Tom’s only condition was met — that he have “meaningful and significant” contact with 6-year-old daughter Suri.

Wolfe added, “We thank Tom’s counsel for their professionalism and diligence that helped bring about this speedy resolution.”

One thing that tipped the settlement in Cruise’s favor was his iron-clad pre-nup. But Katie’s sources said she had her own money. She was more concerned for Suri’s welfare — and keeping her out of the clutches of Cruise’s controversial Scientology cult.

“She’s not about the money. She’s not that girl. She loves to work,” a source tells TMZ. The source added, “She makes plenty on her own.”

Katie had sought full custody of Suri.

• Katie Holmes will settle for peanuts to get away from Tom Cruise
  • Ex-Scientologist says Katie Holmes has reason to be very scared
  • Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are back on the market
  • Tom Cruise has nothing but love for Oprah

69 Responses to “That was quick: Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise Divorce Settled”

MsOnederful says:

whoa..that was fast

:tea:

gbellab says:

4 words
      The Church of Scientology

baaaatchessss!

Katie had sought full custody of Suri.

And she should :tea:

ItsIce says:

That wasn’t dopamine fueled… that’s was a 5 year marriage contract. :coffee:

missmiami says:

:claps: to her. I bet she just wants out and doesn’t care how she gets out of the marriage. Glad to see she proved Hollywood wrong. The marriage was over years ago

lovezoe says:

I bet he made her sign a confidentiality agreement.

MZ_CARAM3L74 says:

oh what a relief! I know she’s dancing w/joy :danban1:

Maybe she will start looking her age, cause I swear that woman looks 45 or older :tea: old AF!

Bad Influence says:

i….just….dont….care :crying:

69 says:

Sandra bew, I’m convinced you done pissed of the wrong person. Be it Oprah, Beyonce, Rihanna, The Real Housewives of Atlanta, Will and Jada, Brandy, CD Fenty, or Tatted, one of them has it out for you and your site. They got them “rhuts” (roots) on this site. It’s all messed up. You better apologize, :coffee:

has katie done anything since Dawson???

:waves: <~~~~~~~~ lunch soooo good

sup roses

MZ_CARAM3L74 says:

French KI$$E$ says:

has katie done anything since Dawson???
      *************
      Batman Begins

missmiami says:

She did that movie with queen latifah about robbing us treasury dept

Smonae80 says:

Jennie I was thinking the same thing, now she can dress and act her age, he had her looking & acting like Jackie Kennedy

Carrington says:

Tee Tee Sandra Mae…. Has “Dopamine” replaced, “narcissist” as your word of the quarter?

My mama played a game to “up” our vocabulary as cheerun… She put a new word on the refrigerator every day and we had to use it as many times as possibe… Correctly!

You have overextended the usage for those two words for the millennium.

lexdiamonz says:

her EYES are SCREAMING help me in that photo…. and I know children are off limits but I am convinced Suri is a lil boy they dressing up in girls clothes

@MISS oh that’s rightt :hahaha:

@MZCAR yuup

thanks folks :lol:

Hey @CHOCO how have you been?

@Frenches
      :thumbsup: for the most part…

Bad Influence says:

69 says:

missmiami says:

Auntie sooooooo Gabby kinda throwing shade @ DWade ex-wife??? I don’t like that I mean dude aint her hubby :rolleyes: She trippin :coffee:

MZ_CARAM3L74 says:

lexdiamonz says:

*******************
      Did you watch that news program(forgot the name)last night about the transgender child? She was born a boy but living as a girl now….

candibfly says:

*sticks a new word on the fridge* :shakebutt:

lovezoe says:

Miami- what she say?

GAGIRL87 says:

I don’t give a daymn about Katie & Tom Cruse no ma’am I got my own chit to deal with :shrugs:

GAGIRL87 says:

@ MZ_CARAM3L74 I think I saw it didn’t he/she look latin? really cute shim :think:

Anna says:

French KI$$E$ says:

has katie done anything since Dawson???

~~~~~~~~
      She did a play. Why did ths woman leave her kids in my office, to go get change, they are driving me nuts.

missmiami says:

I stand corrected. I misread were words. But I still don’t like Gabby :rollsyes:

ItsIce says:

You have overextended the usage for those two words for the millennium.

69 says:

My mamaplayed agame to “up” our vocabulary as cheerun… She put a new word on the refrigerator every day and we had to use it as many times as possibe… Correctly!

You have overextended the usage for those two words for the millennium.
      :hahaha: I :cosign: this comment but no shade here, Sandra. You know we cool now. Don’t get that itch and ban a nigga. :D

yallcrazy says:

Bad Influence says:

i….just….dont….care :crying:

:cosign:

==========
      What is this new word? :thinking:
      =======
      Frenchie :steer: Where to?

missmiami says:

@ lovezoe she wS she commented on how his drama effected her career because no one wanted to work with her and etc :no: booboo like aint nobody really checking for uer. She plays the same rolls and isn’t the best actress imo. She is pretty but something about her irks me.

yallcrazy says:

Post dwade gay ass foot Auntie! :rules:

missmiami says:

:cuss: darn Ipad but ya feel what i was trying to say

Bout to take a damn nap :yawn: :kona:

Ms. Everything says:

Good for her :clap: I always thought that she got so caught up in the hype of Tom Cruise that she let everything else that may have given her pause slide, and then Suri came. But you could always look at her pics and tell she wasn’t happy after awhile :shrugs: I’m glad she got out just like I’m glad Nicole got out. Nicole blossomed after she left Tom and I think Katie will do the same.

yallcrazy says:

Tom did affect her career. That mofo was calling up directors and ish telling them how to or how not to do their promos and ish.

Who does that? :shrug: #tomdidit

When all you want is your freedom, not much to fight about. Good luck, best wishes and Godspeed to both parties

candibfly says:

today’s SAT word is bloviation :yes:

Speech or writing characterized by verboseness and windiness;
      Long-winded speech lacking substance.

or to speak pompously

i know some of y’all gon use this one :lol:

yallcrazy says:

Post dwade gay ass foot Auntie!

Awww fluck :hahaha: that’s gay fool :ha: :haha: :homo:

What is this new word?
      ___________________________

i was :think: the same

@YALLC ohhh how i miss thee :2dance:

69 says:

@HIS

I started to say that she better apologize because her personal life might be next to become dysfunctional but YOU know how she gets when she’s in a mood. She’ll :ban: a nigra without warning.

:kiss: to you, Choco, and GA

DWADE :homoswitch: not shocking though, had my suspicions in the pic on the right on this here site, he the body language is :no:

69 says:

:kiss: yall

Hey bew

lovezoe says:

Gabbi is not a good actress AT ALL. She is the go to pretty girl. Settle for being a groupie wife and deal accordingly.

lovezoe says:

__________________________

Well damn :tea:

@YALLC i don’t think we should play around with the SR jet :steer: anymore :no: i keep hearing about to many accidents and i cherish my brain. :(

lovezoe says:

Anyone see that pic of Tank :ghost:

yallcrazy says:

<—Is currently waiting for my Sandra Rose gift basket for having to wait all morning :waiting:

& Donchew font me back nothing slick neither:?nono:

Ms. Everything says:

@Yall :yes: he was calling up directors telling them what she could and could not do, how she could and could not be portrayed in ads, supposedly he wouldn’t even let her fly with the rest of the cast while she was doing Batman, she had to take his jet and Morgan Freeman ended up getting pissed behind it. She’s always been a cute girl even back on Dawson’s and she isn’t the worst actress but all that’s coming out now would explain why she hasn’t been working like she should. Hell, Joey was always a better and cuter actress than Jen to me :shrugs:

DWade’s gay foot ain’t nothing new. That negro been painting his toenails :coffee:

yallcrazy says:

:kiss: Heyyyy Screw!
      =========
      Frenchie, I think you’re right yo! :yes: :steer: <–SR Yacht

*whispers* Shhhhh, Auntie thinks it's till parked out back :lol:

lovezoe says:

Jenie- You saw Good Deeds, Bring it On, etc, etc, etc, etc. Pretty girl with bougie attitude

missmiami says:

:newpost: up

yallcrazy says:

===================
      :ha: Somebody tweeted his ass outta the closet on accident :rofl:

lexdiamonz says:

REALLY??

@MZ_CARAM3L74

got to check that out…

Ms. Everything says:

Yall I saw the tweet, it made it’s way in my tl :lol: but it’s not first one smh. I’m all for male foot maintenance but polish is a :nono:

Bella's Master says:

Yall folks just gonna make my Miami Heat ghey huh?

(1) Just because Chris Bosh likes to pour champagne all over himself while in a room full of half naked men DOES NOT MAKE HIM GAY
      (2) Just because Dwyane Wade likes to paint his toes black and wear skin tight pink jeggings DOES NOT MAKE HIM GAY
      (3) Just because Lebron James cries and whines after every foul DOES NOT MAKE HIM GAY

:thinking: on second thought…

you guys don’t want to know what i scored on my SATs :no:

YSoSrs says:

I knew it. Neither Tom nor the church can afford the negative publicity of a nasty divorce.

Ms. Everything says:

Yso I think she was betting on them settling fast because otherwise all his dirt would have been put on blast. And unlike with Nicole and his first wife (Mimi? :shrugs: ) he didn’t have the upper hand here cause she made the first move. Smart chick :yes:

missmiami says:

:rofl: bella masters

bnatural says:

Hey Yall!!!

Where are these pictures of D Wade and why is he gay????

bnatural says:

Oh wait, just saw his twitter page :rofl:

Audacious2 says:

Good! Now Katie can raise Suri in a normal child environment. Maybe she’ll stop letting Suri dress herself.