Joan Rivers Adele

Joan Rivers is a great comedian but sometimes her jokes miss the mark.

The 79-year-old mother-of-one is catching heat for making nasty fat jokes about respected British singer Adele during a guest appearance on Tuesday night’s Late Show with David Letterman.

Referring to Adele’s song “Rolling in the Deep”, Rivers said the new mom should change the lyrics to her hit song to “rolling in the deep fried chicken.”

UPDATE: Rivers apologizes in a statement to Entertainment Tonight — but only for the offensive remark she made about the Holocaust.

From ET!:

UPDATE: The comedian also came under fire regarding some quips she made about the holocaust in association with Heidi Klum’s Oscars event dress on Monday’s E!’s Fashion Police. Joking of Klum’s skin-baring gown, she said, “The last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into the ovens.”

Rivers released a statement to ET on Thursday in defense of that comment, saying, “My husband lost the majority of his family at Auschwitz and I can assure you that I have always made it a point to remind people of the holocaust through humor.”

When asked if she met the Grammy winning singer at the Oscars, Rivers quipped, “We got along.” She recalled Adele worrying about singing her hit “Skyfall” at the Oscars. “My throat, my throat; I don’t know if I can swallow,” Rivers quoted Adele. Rivers then spread her hands wide apart and said, “Oh, yeah, you can swallow.”

Watch the distasteful video below.

• Adele Covers Vogue Magazine
  • Adele Loses Weight – and Her Golden Voice
  • Adele had her baby
  • Beyonce says rumors that she was never pregnant are ‘just crazy’

51 Responses to “Joan Rivers Cracks Jokes About Adele’s Weight (Rollin’ in the Deep’ Fried Chicken) **UPDATE**”

Betamax82 says:

Trick u just need to sit your plastic face azz down somewhere heifer :tea:

San says:

HeHeHe I gots nothing

Bombshell Esq says:

She gonna learn about messing with Adele when they melt her in a vat of plastic… have a seat in a retirement home Joan. :cuss:

LadieLeo says:

Her and her homely daughter can have several _/

Diva says:

This heaux looking like Jizsaw and shyt….she need to sat down!

LadieLeo says:

From Downstairs: @Milky…I’m hurting today, I started back doing the stairs at work a total of 288 I believe….man my thighs are screaming.

aint nobody got time for that says:

That was funny tho, but perhaps something she shouldve said privately, not publicly. And everyone isnt meant to be stick thin and some people are actually comfortable wit their weight. When was the last time joan felt her face move?

Milky says:

Joan should not be talking about anyone. Sitting up there looking like the Joker’s wife “Wait until they get a load of me”

Miany says:

Joan hates herself so much. She hates herself to the point of desiring mutilation…crazy thing is hollywood got folks minds so warped. Got some thinking normal sized women are HUGE and tiny women are normal sized…smdh….Adele aint even that big

Joan Rivers was classmates with…Jesus.

aint nobody got time for that says:

Hi Diva Happy Belated Birthday i hope u enjoyed ur day

LadieLeo says:

LadieLeo says:

@VA, Pudding Pie you ain’t gotta fight but you know I like it when you get all thug :spank:

Milky says:

LadieLeo says:
      _______________________________________________________________
      :wave: <—–heating pad for your thighs. I would rub them for you but, I dont want thickchick or diva to :chase:

Betamax82 says:

Milky :hi:

Diva how was your born day

LadieLeo says:

Joan Rivers was classmates with…Jesus.

*****************************
      Child Boo she was classmates with his daddy :tea:

Joan was dating during prohibition and remembers when gas was 5 cent a gallon.

Joan looks like the Jim Carrey stunt double…on “The Mask”

LadieLeo says:

Milky says:

****************************
      Diva??? We got us a third? Ooh I ain't know we had a third….. let me get ready I gotta get in shape. Don't stop get it get it…..lil Luke to get it started :buttshake:

marquez269 says:

:rofl: I thought it was funny….now yall know adele be wearin sum fugly azz clothes and got the nerve to take the longest on the red carpet Ill rush to my seat :tea:

San says:

Milky says:

:ghost:

Diva says:

@Beta it was FABULOUS!!!!

@Milky I will karate chop that azz!!!! You bet not! :rofl:

Diva says:

LadieLeo says:

Milky says:

****************************
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      A third what? *files nails* Milky you got some explaining to do :waiting:

aint nobody got time for that says:

I bet if u sliced open a piece of Joan Rivers face she wouldn’t eem bleed, prolly just squeeze her shat back together like playdoh.

Betamax82 says:

Kdub :hahaha:

LadieLeo says:

Oh I thought I Milky was giving Diva to me and VA cause we was ready….Milky dont be messy these early…thighs hurting and such.

@Diva, I just had one drank last night but then I remembered it was your burfday and went right back downstairs and had another :koolaid:

Milky says:

@Milky I will karate chop that azz!!!! You bet not!
      _____________________________________________
      love me not beat me. I said I wasnt going to rub her thighs. I allowed you being all loose yesterday becuz it was ur b-day and u were drunk. but today that azz betta be on it’s best behavior!!

The 79-year-old mother-of-one
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      And how old is Melissa Rivers?

Joan hasnt had life in her womb since the Korean War.

Milky says:

A third what? *files nails* Milky you got some explaining to do
      ______________________________________________
      i aint explaining nothing! :buttshake:

Joan Rivers is a great comedian but sometimes her jokes miss the mark.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      She hasnt been funny…ever.

Diva says:

LadieLeo says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :woohoo: thanks for celebrating wif meh

Milky says:

:hi: @marquez rubs my bootay all ova you! How u doing today sir?

Betamax82 says:

Random shyt one of my coworkers brought some ramen noodles & a can of beenie weenie for lunch today :dead: and she ain’t poor before anyone ask

Milky says:

@beta maybe she trying to save money or just maybe she actually like ramen noodles and beenie weenies….

Diva says:

Milky says:

@Milky I will karate chop that azz!!!! You bet not!
      _____________________________________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      It is back to just Milky & Me sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G! I ain’t gonna be freaky wif these guhls until next year…lawd spare life! Just you me and the dude of our choice :happy:

robin says:

OMG I had to log into to thank ya’ll for the jokes. Was having a crappy day until I read the comments. Joan thought she was hit with hate mail when she went after Rihanna, wait until Adele fans get a hold of her, a mess.

brownewoman says:

Joan is losing it.

Diva says:

Milky says:

@marquez rubs my bootay all ova you! How u doing today sir?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      *whispers to Milky* lets take him to the room and teach him some things!

marquez269 says:

@milky :waves: wassssuuppp

aint nobody got time for that says:

@beta i worked with a guy who bought in left overs every day n only spent $20 a week besides carfare. He used to put all his checks straight in the bank. Maybe your co worker is trying to save money. Shoot i wish i was a little better with my spending habits. $20 a week is discipline lol

Betamax82 says:

Aint that lady is not trying to save nothing she’s the type that spends 700-800 on her dogs like it’s nothing but complains if her daughter ask for sum

Random shyt one of my coworkers brought some ramen noodles & a can of beenie weenie for lunch today and she ain’t poor before anyone ask

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Sounds like she has been at SOME point in her life though

Or else she wouldnt know that is a fiyre azz meal on a budget

aint nobody got time for that says:

Ooooh beta one of those lol. Shoot my mom made me leave her house one day after her dog bit my 2 year old n i threatened it

Joan has a lot of nerve! I can name a few things wrong with her! :tea:

DoNotDeleteMe says:

The easiest way to spot a no talented “comedian” is when you hear them insulting a fat person yet calling it a joke. It is hurtful but the only way to not let it get to you is to become numb to them. Adele is a very stunning, extremely gifted singer and songwriter. She has solidified her place in musical history and the hearts of many. I love the soulfulness of her voice and her confidence is enviable. I don’t know many skinny people with the confidence and swagger that Adele possesses. Love her and look forward to more extraordinary music! :love:

Audacious2 says:

Joan is using the hell out her ‘I’m-Old-I-can-say-what-I-want-card’.

Didn’t she crack on on Heidi Klum? She something like, “…Tha last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into the ovens” :blink:
      It was sorta of funny, I’m sure the Germans are really angry.

capricorn83 says:

:shrugs: I thought it was funny. This is Joan’s kind of comedy…hate it or love it.

Ididntreallymeanit says:

I thought it was funny, im pretty sure Adele will lose some weight when she feels like it.

ms_no-no says:

Has Joan Rivers looked in the mirror lately or does it crack into a skajillion pieces everytime she tries?? She is one to talk about people lookin like Kim Zolciak’s (sp?) mother. She looks like a mannequin. I’ve lost all respect for her; there’s a difference between making jokes about people and just being rude and nasty.