Bahsid McLean Tanya Byrd

A man who dismembered his mother and scattered her body parts around the Bronx, took pictures of himself holding her severed head before disposing of her body, the NY Post reports.

Bahsid McLean, 23, confessed to the gruesome murder of his own mother, Tanya Byrd, who was the only caretaker of her 6-year-old Down syndrome son.

Police say the grinning psycho used a power saw to cut up his mother, then posed with parts of her body in grisly photos that he wanted as keepsakes. McLean and a friend, William Harris, 26, then stuffed Byrd’s body into several black garbage bags and a suitcase. They drove around the Bronx dumping Byrd’s remains like trash.

Tanya Byrd and son

“He’s definitely sick,” a law enforcement source told the NY Post. Surveillance video from a hardware store shows McLean and his accomplice purchasing a brand new power saw and a refill blade with cash.

The saw and the blade were later found in a box in the home McLean shared with his mother and 6-year-old mentally disabled brother.

Friends described Byrd as a loving mother and caretaker to her Down syndrome son.

Police told the Post McLean killed his mother because she “wanted him to grow up and move out and be a man.”

Tanya Byrd and son

128 Responses to “Man who dismembered his mother and scattered her body parts throughout the Bronx took photos holding her decapitated head”

ReadingIsFundamental says:

See what I’m talking about? Now they wanna say he is sick but, he clearly stated he did it because his mother wanted him to grow up and be a man. I bet he pleads depressed, neglected and suicidal and they start counting childhood hugs.

Take him to the back of the courthouse and put a bullet in his head. A jailhouse shrink and my tax dollars can’t fix his evil!

#iwasborninTexas

Crickett says:

Disturbing, mental citizens need to be tagged with a chip in their brain and automatically tasered when having primitive thoughts. Stop the madness.

I read this headline soMewhere else and did not READ the post jUsT sad

See what I’m talking about?

Yes, we do. BUT aint no way in hell this man isnt “sick”. No way.

LadieLeo says:

Well if there has ever been a poster child for a negra not being chit this dude is him…..

#iwasborninTexas
    —–
    Right! He was mad because he wanted to keep living with the momma and have her foot the bill and she wanted him to get out. Ain’t shyt wrong with him. smh. God Bless her soul and the other son. smdh.

MsLolo says:

#iwasborninTexas
    ________________________

:preach:

I swear demons are real :no: My Lord

VDot says:

__________________________

:thinking: So put them on some Minority Report type chit?! Pre-crime (not cum for yall pervs) enforcement?

ReadingIsFundamental says:

OTB, ok, so he is sick… does that mean we can’t shoot him in the back of the head for slicing up his momma and taking a picture with her head and telling the police that he did it because he didn’t want to grow up, be a man and move out on his own? When you know right from wrong, your illness is not a plea deal.

LadieLeo says:

:cosign:

Diva says:

*kneels down* Jesus we know you are near and coming back for your people soon!

prima_donna2163 says:

Pure evil…smh

Well at least now he doesn’t have to grow up and be a man. The state will take care of him for the rest of his life. Too bad his brother won’t be as lucky. How sad.

Diva says:

@Jenie I left you a helpful tip downstairs about yo booty pop panties ma!

*Going back downstairs* :kona:

Ty says:

Diva says:

*kneels down* Jesus we know you are near and coming back for your people soon!
    :cosign: Cause this shyt here :nono:

WUT U TALKIN BOUT?! says:

Welp… there went my good mood.

amatrex says:

This young man wasn’t crazy b/c he knew exactly what he was doing. So the question here is, are people born evil or do they somehow become evil?

I’m sure this woman had no idea she had been living with a demon spawn for 23 years.

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

SOME SOULS JUST CANT BE SAVED OR SIMPLY NOT WORTH SAVING OR SAYING A PRAYER FOR, AND THIS MOFO IS IT..

BREAKS MY HEART THAT NOW HIS BROTHER WON’T BE CARED FOR BY HIS MOTHER BECAUSE OF HIS SELFISH NARCISSISTIC PSYCHO ARSE

THIS ISH AINT RANDOM AND IS BECOMING MORE GRUESOME AND COMMON EVERY DAMN DAY, THIS WORLD IS COMING TO A DAMN END, AS SICK IT IS

MissHarlem says:

I took a gander at some of this earlier this week so Im good. Damn nice last day of black history month to end with :yahoo:

Smonae says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

I swear demons are real My Lord
    :cosign: this some sick chit yo momma dude

Diva says:

@Jenie I left you a helpful tip downstairs about yo booty pop panties ma!

:pc:

WorkInProgress says:

Jesus take the wheel post haste.

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

HE LOOKS JUST LIKE HIS DAMN MAMA TOO, I HOPE HE ROTS AWAY IN JAIL

Hell no. That dont mean that. I am a death penalty advocate EVEN for the mentally ill. Florida JUST killed a state level mentally incompetent man and I didnt sign the petition I got against it. :no: Nope.

Defining whats “sick” so we can recognize the signs and getting approproate funding channeled to the programs, that my thing. Kill his ass dead. :shrug:

I dont play that victim blaming chit, so thats not what Im saying. Mom, God rest her obviously tired soul, already has one kid with Downs. :thinking: Genetic testing may be in order.

Nakeya_j says:

:offtopic: (Because I do not want to talk about this man)

Should I buy this Teddy Ruxpin doll…I used to have one and a Cricket doll… I guess my kid is too old for that right?

So the question here is, are people born evil or do they somehow become evil?

Nature vs nurture. Its an ongoing debate.

WorkInProgress says:

Sad because now her surviving son with DS may become a ward of the state. RIP Tanya.

Damn nice last day of black history month to end with

The lack of posts didnt fall deaf on me, Friend. I chose to make my self feel better by saying she isnt “American” . :(

LadieLeo says:

Nakeya_j says:

(Because I do not want to talk about this man)

********************
    buy it and keep it for yourself #helpful

@NikkeMinxx says:

*ignores the entire story*

:offtopic: Jenie and whomever… eyelash strips, extensions or individuals put on with hair glue? OTB, whats the difference between individuals (like at Mac) and extensions (like the black girl is doing for 80 and a white woman is doing for @250)?

LadieLeo says:

So the question here is, are people born evil or do they somehow become evil?

Nature vs nurture. Its an ongoing debate.

****************************
    I think it’s a little of both…some children have ways just like an absentee parent has.

LadieLeo says:

Nakeya_j says:

(Because I do not want to talk about this man)

********************
    buy it and keep it for yourself #helpful
    —-
    :) :hug: I want to!!! lol. Just for the memories….

How is your boy’s reading coming along @Keya? Does Teddy still love reading? Good gift, imo!

Ty says:

@ Nakeya…I had a Teddy Ruxpin :love: too but Hollyweird screwed that up for me. I just see :blunt: smoking Ted now doing this :hump:

Why did they make that movie :rofl:

:stop: Diva clay :hahaha: that’s too much work :rofl:

RAE23 says:

Remember when you heard these kind of stories, there was no way a Black person came to mind! WTF!!! I would like to share another horror story here in my hometown in our Black community. This 6′ plus 500 lb black man released from prison last September shot and killed a 13 yr old girl when she came to the mother’s rescue, critically injuring her 13 yr old cousin in attempts to kill the mother because she no longer wanted to be bothered! It is such a tragic story and totally UNBELIEVABLE! Please lift this family up in prayer! :pray:

aint nobody got time for that says:

This is so disturbing. I mean he still has to leave her house now anyway. And who did he think was gonna pay the bills after he killed her. My God what about his little brother? If yall think its bad now, can you imagine 20 years from now? Scary isn’t it?

LadieLeo says:

LadieLeo says:

Nakeya_j says:

(Because I do not want to talk about this man)

********************
    buy it and keep it for yourself #helpful
    —-
    I want to!!! lol. Just for the memories….

***********************
    then find an old club mix tape and throw it in ol Teddy :lol:

MissHarlem says:

:wails: friend but but but *sniffles* she’s black. She campaigned hard for Trayvon which I was happy she did but no 1 yr f/u post :sad: Still lub her though

Gigi26 says:

:no: :shock:

That nigga is a tragedy…Ion know how she raised him but if she wanted him to grow up, move out and be a man…then shyt didn’t go so well…you want your boy to grow up to be a man? Stop mammyfing the shyt out of him.

God only knows what will become of his brother…what a shame. Where is his father? I hope some family members step up..

LadieLeo says:

aint nobody got time for that says:

*************************
    he ain’t think that far in advance….just plain evil :tea:

@NikkeMinxx Yes she does it with the hair glue, but it’s never bothered me :shrugs: but I have noticed certain folks come in there, and she uses some kind of special glue, I guess for folks with allergies, or that have a certain preference of what glue they would like used :yes:

Ty says:

Individuals last longer and wont fall off but every body cant do them :nono: Find someone that knows what they’re are doing, if not your eyelashes will be stuck together or they will come off when you try to remove them

Dont use hair glue (that shyt will have your eyes itching) get some lash glue. Looks the same but its not :coffee:

MissHarlem says:

KEYA I would get it. Hell I want a skip it and if I find one online Im buyin it. I was a skip it master :kneel: bishes

—–
    Thanks for asking! His reading is coming along. We are still doing the sight words everyday. Teddy still loves reading. And I thought it may help. Yesterday my kid spelled “Amazing” all by himself. And I was so proud. lol I know yall are like duhh Keya, kids can spell. But it was his first “big” (for 5) one.

Hell I want a skip it
    —-
    Damn I used to love skip it. Was not great at it, but still loved it. SHoot, I wonder if I did it at night could I lose some weight?….

Nakeya_j says:

(Because I do not want to talk about this man)

Girl I had a Teddy, a Cricket, and a Kid sister :love: Poor Cricket her damn eye fell back in her head :no: she only had one eye, and when I would pick her up I could hear the eye rolling around in her body :sad: she still worked though :yes:

goat76 says:

Yep, no kids for me.

ReadingIsFundamental says:

Nakeya,

There is a site called Raz-Kids.com You might want to check it out. My daughter loves it!

<–lash DUMB! @Nikks. I got those Minks Bey wears. They look so purty. In the box. *sheepish smile* Somebody scared me. Said my eyelashes was gone fall off.

She a big ass :hater: tho. Imma wear them soon.

Nakeya,

—–
    Thanks!!!

I’m not going to talk about this sick bastid..But can I tell yall that this pallet from BH is everything…the day/night one.

I agree. Most of my proffessor’s agreed too. The Melendez brothers? :no: Im sure their nurture was adequate. Look what happ’d. It was in their nature. :no:

Ty says:

@ Nakeya probably :shrug:

I tried my daughters hula hoop the other day and was out of breath like I smoked a pack of Kools :ashamed:

I guess thats why were stayed in shape back in the day we had real toys and not handheld arcade games :coffee:

I get only the individual lashes and I get tons of compliments on my lashes :yes: she charges 25 bucks for individuals, and its worth every penny too. She does an excellent job, cause some of the chicks lashes Ive seen :no: and they swear they ish be popping too :nono:

MissHarlem says:

KEYA anything that gets your blood going (cardio) you will lose something

I tore up about 2 or 3 skip its :no: cheap shats . Ya’ll remember the pogo ball ?

_________

Bless you, Sister.

skip it master

Find one. And youve got a CHALLENGE. :duel: :waiting:

I am one clumsy ass b!tch. No lie. But I will skip your ass to deaF. *Kevin Hart face*

MissHarlem says:

TY/KEYA if you want to hula hoop or the like and you have the wii board that will help you. I get out of breath bc I always try to beat my previous hula score.

MissHarlem says:

:duel: ohhhhh boo its ONNNNNNN. Gonna look for one online hnph

skip it master
    Find one. And youve got a CHALLENGE.

:rofl: :yes: me too

I’m on this skip it

Ty says:

YOUR NAME HERE! says:

U aint been listening to me, Diva, and Hissy :spank: We been buying up all their shyt for a minute :rofl: Did u catch the sale :think:

Try the primer too :thumbsup:

aint nobody got time for that says:

@jenie i have done the individual lashes before, they’re nice. But have u ever considered the real individual ones, they do them literally lash by lash. I was thinking of trying them. They last longer. Lashes look nice wen they’re done right.

Let me just say this…It’s is a parents fault when they HAVE to TELL their child to move out. If you have set standards in your child’s life than they will know what the expectations are of them…DROPS MIC!

Diva says:

Ty says:

YOUR NAME HERE! says:

U aint been listening to me, Diva, and Hissy We been buying up all their shyt for a minute Did u catch the sale

Try the primer too

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what sale? you tried the primer? :pc:

Gigi26 says:

@OTB: I mean he ain’t have to do his mother like this at all and God will take care of that but ppl so afraid to say the truth these days. A lot of these mothers SMOTHER the hell out of their boys then when they see them useless for themselves and the household its now time for “You gotta grow up and be a man.” No, you should’ve made him be a man from the time he was little. Don’t pacify him cuz his father ain’t around and the like. Get him some uncles to be around n the like.

Shyt is disgusting what I’ve seen from some grown men and their “Momma” complex’s. :no:

I haven’t been on @TY but I have been a fan as of last year and I have so much of their pallets, brushes and that office queen lip gloss gets so much play on these here lips.

:heart: !!! That is amazing! He is FIVE! HELLO! I was sooo mad when your “friend” was hating on his sight words. Like, bish bye. That is how its done. Your baby can read too. Heffa. Not you, her. :lol:

We just had spelling bees around our way so my kids are still in the spell everything mode. Last night mama got mad about the Maya Angelou sell out and spelled out C R A C K A S.

Ma’am (6) said :thinking: Why gma talking about crackers? What crackers did to your poet Mum? :hahaha:

Amen. I kick my kids out routinely. But Gawd I be mad at myself when they want me to come play too. :smack:

aint nobody got time for that says:

:thinking: I heard they are expensive ?

coco creamy says:

there is so much that can be wrong.
    but at some point, this mental illness comes from something,
    vaccines, food, water, bad parenting. this man was not born saying I cant wait til 2013 when i get to cut up my mom. dig deeper. everybody i know with mental illness started from something. :no: its just sad.

Ty says:

@ Miss Harlem…I’ve never taken my Wii board out of the box :ashamed:

@ Diva…I bought two of those primers before they sold out :thumbsup: I love the clear one with the Grape Seed Extract. I dont have to touch up at all during the day

Diva says:

@Ty I’m on the site now……shid I got bday money to spend too! :danban1:

MissHarlem says:

YNH well said hun well fckn said

KEYA you could get this ass whooping in skip it boo lol

aint nobody got time for that says:

Yall got me wanting to play double dutch, steal the bacon, hot peas n butter, tag, mother may I? N red light green light 1,2,3 lol

:eek: Speak. Speak to meh. I remember I rolled up to my mama with my LAST form for acceptance (to my dorm)

Me: Ma, sign this, so I dont forge no more of your signatures.
    Her: :tea: *reads it* WTF..
    Me: They need it by next week..
    Her: I thought..
    Me: Im going to FVSU. Leaving..next week. :eek:
    Her: *signs*

Diva says:

@Ty which primer? I currently use MOM. I’ve been wanting to try BH primer for the longest!!!

aint nobody got time for that says:

@jenie thats why i haven’t gotten em yet :hahaha: but im thinking it would be about the same as having to get them redone over and over. Im just not sure about somebody playing in my eyes for 2 hours.

Diva says:

aint nobody got time for that says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    add duck, duck, goose to that list! :rofl:

coco creamy says:

the stuff we do to our bodies and put in them was never ever design for us to digest. from food, all these vaccines, birth control… its not design for us, its not. u don’t know how your body reacts to this poison. stay away from this man made chyt. its killing u slowly.

@Gigs. I was pussy footing around it for sure. Been barking up a lot of trees lately, tryna stay “liked” around hurr. :lol:

I agree with you ONE THOUSAND %. And I love how you articulate my thoughts too. :lol:

aint nobody got time for that says:

@jenie thats why i haven’t gotten em yet but im thinking it would be about the same as having to get them redone over and over. Im just not sure about somebody playing in my eyes for 2 hours.

2hours :shock: ****tttinggggg me

Nakeya_j says:

Ma’am (6) said Why gma talking about crackers? What crackers did to your poet Mum?
    ——————————–
    :dead: at your baby asking that!! hahahaha. And thank you. Of course we are still doing the little words. But when his teacher told me that the kids in the class still can’t copy a sentence off the board, because they can’t get the letters right, I knew I was doing the right thing, regardless of what my dig bat friend said. I gave him 4 big words to learn: Amazing, narrow, shallow, and I forget the last one.

KEYA you could get this ass whooping in skip it boo lol
    —-
    Lets get it!!!! I need to drop 5-10 pounds anyway!

Alright I’m sneaking out of hear, I will font later :bye: roses

MissHarlem says:

TY :spank: chilllllllleeeeeee take that damn thing out the box. Let them weigh you and tell you your actual age and start a lil program. They have fun stuff on there

JENIE you can get it too lol

there is so much that can be wrong.
    but at some point, this mental illness comes from something,
    vaccines, food, water, bad parenting. this man was not born saying I cant wait til 2013 when i get to cut up my mom. dig deeper. everybody i know with mental illness started from something. its just sad.

Chemicals. Food poisoning. :no: In 30 years, Im afraid it’ll all come out.

LadieLeo says:

I’ve had individuals a few times and it doesn’t take that long…not even 15 minutes and the lady does a good job.

Thats why I stay on top of ingredients. Its shameful the chit they using these days.

Parabens mimicking estrogen?? Breast cancer!

aint nobody got time for that says:

:waves: jenie
    @otb if we last another 30 years. At this rate….. n :cosign: gigi n ynh

WUT U TALKIN BOUT?! says:

OOOOOOHHHHH SWEET JUNIOR MINTS

Trojan is selling the vibe rings now that you place on the base of the peen and….! :typing: <—BOUGHT!!!!

Put in my candy draw for my next relationship… :coffee:

He in the Kindy-garden?

:no: Thats a shame! The letters shouldve been learned two years ago (parents thats you!)!

ReadingIsFundamental says:

OH sh*t .. Fay has my gubment name now. I made my first Whip purchase. Thanks all for the info earlier. :-)

Ty says:

@ Diva…the clear one with A&E and Grape Seed not the anti shine formula (I bought that one last year too)

@ Ms. Harlem…I know…I must do better. Not even going to the gym like I use to :cry:

#lazy

nauni2004 says:

As the mom of a son with Downs I am so sad for her other son..I hope this sick bastid gets it

Ms. Blu Rain says:

A 2004 study at Northwestern University found that an earlier age of breast cancer diagnosis related to more frequent use of antiperspirants/deodorants and underarm shaving. “I personally feel there is a very strong correlation between the underarm hygiene habits and breast cancer,” said immunologist Dr. Kris McGrath, the author of the study :tea:

aint nobody got time for that says:

@leo i know the ones you mean. I had those before. I mean the actual individual ones where they do every single lash individually. Its atleast a 2 hour process

if we last another 30 years

Shucks. That part. :( Stop emptying my glass. :lol:

@NikkeMinxx says:

Sorry yall for dropping out.

I am too active for that glued on strip. Woke up one morning and thought caterpillars were on the pillows. :nono: I got individuals for my daddy’s wedding but she out them in with hair glue. and they didnt last much longer than the strip… I got extensions a couple weeks ago and I really like them, time for a fill in. But she was hollering at a kid, frying chicken and all the stuff that wont let me get go back there…. yall know im not asnobbut Im past the getting my hair and stuff done in somebody’s kitchen.

Anna says:

amatrex says:

~~~~~~~~~
    His mom was on drugs,(don’t know how long). He was in Foster Care and aged out, went to live w/his mom.@ 18 She was afraid of him. His “handle” is/was killtanyabryd.

aint nobody got time for that says:

@otb i saawwwy lol and @blu rain, thats interesting

Gigi26 says:

tryna stay “liked” around hurr.
    —————————-
    Man Fukk that! Nobody got ta like my ass I gots niggs that like meh in real life ya heard *Juvie voice* :rofl:

My aunt for example. Love her ass to pieces but she mammyfied the shyt out of my cousin. The nigga don’t got a diploma. Smokes bud all day, got arrested for stupid shyt and she just complains. I came over there one time and she was cuttin this nigga pancakes…

:blink:

I told my mother this shyt and she was like yup you don’t have to tell me I know. My grandpops don’t even fukk with him. Said he’s done raising kids. This lil decrepid niglet has a child by a bytch who fukked his best friend the year before and got pregnant by him and my aunt turns a blind eye to it. I was done when she gave his ass 500 bucks for his CDL like he was really gonna sign up for that shyt. That nigga bought some kush with that money :no: :lol: is all I can do…

Ty says:

coco creamy says:

:preach: Had a conversation with someone about flouride in the water the other day. At the end of the conversation she says “well they put it in toothpaste” *blank stare* :smack:

I made my first Whip purchase.
    _________

:fistbump: Fay got all our info. :lol:

________________________________

Thank you Anna! :thinking: Om my gawd. Terrible.

@NikkeMinxx says:

@Jenie yeah, they initally took about two hours…. allegedly the fill only takes roughly half of that

So so :dead: @Gigs. I. I no longer. Can. do.anything. :ghost:

VDot says:

:newpost: on Sapphire

ReadingIsFundamental says:

They also did a study on tribes in Africa that had never experienced breast cancer and found that wearing bras can be linked to breast cancer. I’m not going to stop wearing a bra though.. I just wear my correct size. Somehow the tissue traps in the carcinogens and is unable to release them properly due to the restraints of the bras when worn for extended periods of time and are too tight.

Gigi26 says:

——————————–
    AND THERE YOU HAVE IT. She planted that seed that ended up growing up and killing her. Sorry at the fact he killed her but if her ass would’ve been off them drugs and raising her son when he was a baby SOBER then there would’ve been a diff turnout… :tea:

“well they put it in toothpaste”

Tryna talk to my SIL about relaxing the girls. I said just wait until they are a little older.. :no:

Tried to talk to her about whole milk. :no: Tried to talk to her about Mickey D’s three nights a week. :no:

Meanwhile my nieces, big-breasted, hairy, and overgrown. :(

_________
    :eek: I wanna read this! I cant find it! Help!

ReadingIsFundamental says:

OTB I’ll find it for you. It was a part of a class I took “too many” years ago. I didn’t take the study that seriously. A bunch of yt people trying to figure out why a tribe of black people wasn’t getting breast cancer… haha. They do a study on everything and link it to breast cancer or some sort of cancer. People need to learn moderation in everything and listen to their bodies aches and pains.

Goes to search

Anna says:

“well they put it in toothpaste”

Tried to talk to her about whole milk. Tried to talk to her about Mickey D’s three nights a week.

Meanwhile my nieces, big-breasted, hairy, and overgrown.
    ~~~~~~~
    Not surprised. I’m tired of parents(moms)putting perms in kids hair. If you don’t keep up w/it, it does more harm than good. Let the child decide later, if they want one.

Ty says:

“well they put it in toothpaste”

Meanwhile my nieces, big-breasted, hairy, and overgrown.
    Chile…..

RIP to the Mom…

:pray: Lord, please keep this child protected, in Jesus might mighty name, please place him in a loving, caring environment, and Lord, please remove any bad memories from him if he saw anything. Amen

scorpio says:

It’s impossible for me to wrap my mind around this.

PurpleYodaGirl says:

This pisses me off on so many levels…what he did was disgustung but my heart goes out to the poor baby with Down Syndrome now without a mother. Who’s going to take care of him? Was a plan even in place? He lost everything because of his fool ass brother…I am livid at this entire story.